• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY: The Book For All and None

simj26

Awful, Terrible, No-good Layabout
Between the civilians and the vaunted Huntsmen, stand mercenaries. While Huntsmen may number amongst them, for some, becoming a Huntsman is a distant dream to them, for reasons aplenty. Yet, some of them choose to tread the path of violence, for just as many reasons. Some walk it in search of honorable goals, some, for glory, and some, for coin. Whatever it was, it was an easier path for fools and the foolhardy.

The Book For All and None tells of the stories of certain individuals that tread that bloodsoaked dirt, fraught with bodies of those who have come and gone before. Heroes, villains, madmen, virtuous knights, whatever they were, they have put their names forth to join Zarathustra Securities' newest section of mercenaries, Nachtwandler. Hunts will be aplenty, for both men and beasts, as will the coin.

divideIt's simj22's patented Bad Choice of the Year time. Cue the confetti. Alas, I am unable to make things as pretty and presentable to the eyes, but I will attempt to regale you readers with as much purple prose as possible, so much that you would beg me to stop. This RP, as stated, will follow a small section of mercenaries operating under Zarathustra Securities, a private military contractor. Not everyone can be the elite amongst elites like the Huntsmen, but that isn't going to stop many from trying to earn their coin in blood. The player characters are, of course, part of this group. Maybe they have their unique talents, maybe they have honed their skills to operate on the same level as actual Huntsmen, maybe they have a wide array of weaponry to cover for their weaknesses, or maybe they're just a Huntsman who just wants to make it big in the world of mercenaries. In any of these cases, their applications to Zarathustra have earned them a special place- a new section called Nachtwandler. Jobs will include, par the course, killing all matter of Grimm, beasts, and people, so it should be said that this job is not for the faint of heart.

I will be looking for an excessively small group (about six) for this RP because I'm neurotic and I can't handle too big of a group. Furthermore, as Nachtwandler isn't featuring a class of students, there are no four-man cells, and the group is expected to work as one unit.

I'm not too good at writing interest checks as I am cashing them in, so I'm sorry if this sounds a little too dull.

Last edited:
Heyo simj26 simj26 :D

I've never done a RWBY RP before, though I have always had some ideas in the back of my mind on what kind of character I would create if given the chance. I normally enjoy writing more mature and relatable characters so I figured I wouldn't be all that good at being the norm 'Student from Beacon'. Given that we'd be treading down a unglorified path of blood and coin ~ count me in!

I do have a few basic questions, just to make sure you and I can be alot more relaxed and comfortable with one-another's schedule. Firstly I usually post around once a week, though I can do more if dearly needed so how often would you like people to be posting? Secondly, is there going to be a posting order (just in case characters get seperated and are allowed to do a bit of co-operating/soloing). Thirdly, I normally do a fair bit of writing in my posts as I like to include alot of ambient details (inner thoughts, etc..) Is there any kind of post size that you prefer?

All the best and many thanks!

H. :D

Gonna stake my claim here. I definitely feel you on "using prose to make up for a lack visual presentation skills" thing...I can't imagine trying to make a decent Interest Check. But you know what I can imagine making? A goddamn mercenary, that's what.

Firstly I usually post around once a week, though I can do more if dearly needed so how often would you like people to be posting?
Not very. I'm a very slow person myself. I work on sudden flashes of inspirations, and this may take up to two weeks, but I will certainly try to temper my rubbish attitude. I also understand that everyone has their own things on their plates, and some may take longer than most to post because of these matters.

Secondly, is there going to be a posting order (just in case characters get seperated and are allowed to do a bit of co-operating/soloing)
There will be should there come to a time when it is necessary. In more social situations, however, a posting order isn't particularly vital. Rather, I just hope everyone respects others' posting abilities, and not to undercut everyone else. Being fast is fine. It's just being TOO fast that's a problem.

Is there any kind of post size that you prefer?
Well, so long as it's not a single tiny paragraph that does nothing to build anything, I'm good with it.

The Pilot The Pilot The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Becker Becker Necromantic Necromantic
Thanks for showing interest guys. We still have two more slots open, so I'll just leave this thread as still accepting. I will be working on a couple of relevant threads anon, and they will, most likely, be up before the week is over.
Aye, that sounds good to me. Going to be using that time to come up with a couple of colour names for characters :P

do you actually need to? There are a bunch of characters who dont have colour-based names.
To quote the thingy that Monty made:
  1. Be a colour
  2. Sound like a colour
  3. Mean a colour
  4. Makes people think of a colour
So as a example of #3/4 (which i'm using for my character(s)), Rauta Kivi is Finnish for 'Iron stone'. He comes from a long line of Jewelers who specialize in aquiring rare stones from Atlas and trading them off in Mistral. His parents (Teras and Safiiri (Steel & Sapphire) Kivi) run the company alongside Rauta's Brother, Kulta (Gold).

Last edited:
I've wanted to sink my teeth into something RWBY focused for a while, I'm interested!

hnnn-- i'll be pretty busy until 27th, and then I'll be as free as a bird-

I would like to join, though only if that's okay with you? 👉👈 o_o);

Me at 9pm: "Ah, I can't come up with a good weapon idea for my character.. I'll give it another go tomorrow."

My brain at 2am:
rimworld.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back