• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Sovereignty of Ages IC

“Strong words for hope, but I agree I hope we can become something akin to a family, it’d be nice to have a family again.” Lancelot replied while giving Myst a small smile of happiness.

Lancelot noticed carmine was being really quiet so he decided to look and see what he was doing and saw Carmine trying out the game Lancelot and Zai have a competition going in.

“Well, what do you think of the game so far Carmine? It looks as if you’re enjoying it.” Lancelot said while pulling out and putting on his sunglasses.

CorgiDream CorgiDream Torma Ximnus Torma Ximnus

Carmine had begun tightening his focus on the game he was playing as he got further into it. When Lancelot asked him what he thought of the game his concentration broke just long enough to be defeated. He stared blankly at the screen for a moment before turning a mock scowl onto Lancelot, as if Carmine's loss were somehow his fault, before giving a small smile as he put his scroll away. It's interesting enough. It looks like it has a team mode too. Maybe we could try that out after we finish eating. I also have a few ideas for restructuring our room that I'd like to discuss."

Carmine had chosen to remain silent on Myst's question on family matters as well as Lancelot's response. Family meant a lot to Carmine, but he still had a big emotional scar from what happened with his own family, and given that he was an only child he also did not know what it was like to have siblings. The idea of your team being like a second family was not something he was unfamiliar with though. He had heard many stories about different teams and team dynamics from his father. Some of the more tragic ones involved teams that dissolved as soon as they graduated from the Academies, or teams that only stayed together because of how well their semblances worked together. There were more lighthearted ones ranging from teammates that struggled to make their semblances work well together but had great relationships and team dynamics, and those rare few teams that had everything from compatible semblances to team dynamics and everything in between. Carmine didn't know how things would turn out with his team, but he had a few ideas for the future, and he hoped that everything would work out in the end.

Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590

Zai smirked. "Wouldn't you like to know? Maybr It's a surprise. And maybe, just maybe, I've already stolen your bike and toyed with it."

Zai mentally noted Carmine had begun playing the same game he and Lance already did. "I'll be nicer to you than I was Lance, Carmine. I won't mess up your first time."

Zai began driving along the winding roads taking the scenic route and examining his dashboard, his clawed fingers wriggling about as he contemplated which button to press.
Zai smiled wide and pressed a green button on his dashboard, and his car began shifting its shape, becoming a slightly more retro-looking vintage model. He turned a corner onto a straightaway and floored it.

Higher and higher the odometer read, faster and faster they sped.

"Can you guess we're not taking an airship this time? It is only a half hour drive around the lake." Zai's smile widened as the road finally began a gentle curve nestled lakeside. His car handled it like a champ, not even a single tire squeal.

"Who wants to see how fast this hot honey can really go?" He asked, his fingers poised to hit another button...

Carmine had already settled into playing another match in the new game he had picked up. "Do as you like. Just dont endanger the team." Carmine gave Lancelot a brief glance before starting in again, this time making sure he wouldn't be so easily distracted by someone calling for his attention. "So Lance, did you or Zai attend any of the Primary Academy schools?"

Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590 Inufandom Inufandom CorgiDream CorgiDream

Zai snorted derisively. "Putting the team in danger? I'm the last one to do that. And No, by the way to your question. Where Lance and I come from? If you can't fight, you don't survive. Menagerie is far more dangerous than outsiders -humans, namely- are lead to believe."

Carmine's game flickered in Zai's mind. Carmine was quickly climbing ranks with every attempt. It was kind of surprising.

"The common wildlife on the island, let alone the typically encountered grimm, is far more deadly than in other parts of the world. And all so very thinly veiled under breathtakingly beautiful scenery." Zai shrugged. "There was no need for primary schools. We easily got into Haven, but our first year was cut rather short, and so here we are again, this time at Beacon."

Last edited:
Lapis entered the cafeteria, and found it to be totally a different experience than she expected. Foods from all around the world over were presently available. It seemed that Beacon supplied a little bit of everything to pander to the student body. "If someone wants to find us a table, I'll get enough food for us all. Does anyone have any requests?"

"I'll go find the table and I don't really have any requests so you can get me anything" She nodded to Lapis and walked off to go search for a table for her teammates a bunch of other teams already gathered and eating at some of the tables she looked around and found a table that wasn't surrounded by other teams but it wasn't isolated either.
Inufandom Inufandom

Yuuki looked around as she was back in her kimono. "Um, I'd love some sushi right about now. If they don't have it then I'll just take a sandwich and some chips." She bowed to Lapis. "Thank you hun." She said as she followed Aster and the other girls to the table. She sat down and waited quietly. She didn't have anything to talk about so she figured she'd just listen in quietly.

Zai suddenly remembered the beach at the other end of the lake from which he could easily access the restaurant. He knew where it was, but had never been. Not that he'd admit it, but this was a bit of how he'd hoped things would go. Lance and Zai had been preoccupied with getting into Beacon once they had arrived. This would be their first real excursion in awhile.

And then Zai had an idea. "We need swimsuits to go swimming, do we? What about diving?" Zai floored the accelerator again, this time veering into the far lane and waiting for the perfect moment. "Everyone have their seatbelts on?"

He found it, pressing a button on his dash. The car positively jumped over the guard rail and plummeted down the sheer cliff face. With the water down below rapidly approaching, Zai pressed yet another button and the car began rumbling and altering itself once more into something more suitable for water travel as it toppled down through the air.

Once the car seemingly swan-dived below the surface, Zai began to maneuver the car closer to the bottom to see the plants and fish swimming by his peculiarly strong windows. He giggled as he realized this would cut down on his 'drive' time to Vale by just cutting across the lake. "I should have done that in the first place, what with my stomach calling the shots."

Last edited:
Lapis stood in the relatively short line, most of the students in the cafeteria were goofing off instead of eating, empty trays in front of them.

From here, Lapis could see definitely masterfully prepared buffet spreads. Lapis picked up a tray and silverware from an attendant and began walking, grabbing things that looked good, things she'd never seen, a few familiar favorites, and then gawked at the desserts. Her tray was already heaped with tasty things, but she may have need of a second trip for that alone.

With a slight smile, she walked away from the lines of people and through the tables to find her team. They weren't hard to find thankfully. Lapis slid a small plate of sushi to Yuuki. "Here you are, but there is plenty more here." Lapis sat down and helped herself to some of the many finger foods she had grabbed, starting with the ones she'd never seen before.

Aster stared at the food that Lapis brought and just started to pick out food that looked interesting to her and started filling herself up taking one bite after the other.

Carmine had just finished a level and was waiting for the next one to load when Zai pulled his bridge jumping stunt. Fortunately Carmine had the good sense to buckle his seat belt, but he still had to move quickly to stow his scroll and keep his hat and cane from flying out of the car as it shifted into submersible mode. Once they were in the water and Myst was pressing her face against one of the windows with childlike wonder Carmine heaved a sigh and scowled at the back of Carmine's head. "Well I suppose it's good to not do things by half measures, but there's such a thing as restraint young man."

“So you actually managed to complete it eh Zai? It’s really impressive.” Lancelot says while observing the reactions of the other members of the team like with Myst looking out the window like it’s an aquarium, and Carmine who looked like he could have had a heart attack for a second.

While everyone is doing their own things in wonder on how Zai managed to do this Lancelot was chuckling quietly while observing the water outside the car.

"Yes, but it was a bit more pricey than I had initially thought. However, you can't argue with that view." Zai motioned outside the car, and at the brighly colored schools of fish scattering as they passed.

"The Riptide is on the beach, I wonder how people will react to our casual drive from the water..."

Myst giggled as she imagined the faces of the people when they would emerge from the water fish would swim up to the window and Myst would make a fish face back to them.

Carmine rolled his eyes and pulled his scroll out to continue his game. He didn't care for Zai's carefree attitude overriding common sense and consideration. Quite apart from how people on the speech might respond was what might happen should they respond negatively. Grimm were drawn to negativity after all, and if that happened it would be problematic to say the least. Quite apart from that was the possibility that instead of having an interesting story to share later on someone might feel their day was ruined because someone had to decide to act like a big shot just because they had the means to do so, and while that alone was problem enough in-and-of itself Carmine especially didn't like the possibility that some of that could end up spilling over onto him, not to mention the others. Carmine could only hope that things would not get out of hand as he sank back into the game he was playing until they reached the restaurant, at which point he stowed his scroll as they got out of the car and headed in.

Last edited:
Once the rag tag team neared the beach, Zai smiled and pressed a button again. His car bobbed to the surface, wheels extending and gliding through the water to make contact with the pristinely white sand. Pressing the accelerator, the car roared as it emerged from the waves with the Riptide right in front of them, only a few hundred feet from the car.

Passersby gawked and stared from the water to the restaurant, and even then the chatter persisted. Zai didn't mind the whispering and the pointing, but he wasn't about to encourage more.

A hostess approached them and then subsequently sat them in front of an enourmous aquarium. Zai held up his card, speaking.

Eventually the waitress appeared. "Please, this is my treat for my new team. They may order whatever they want and as much as they want."

The waitress smiled, seeing his name. "Of course, Mr. Binx." She figited for a moment before swiping the card on what looked to be a tablet. "There's been word your father may expand his company into Vale. Is that true?"

Zai meerly shrugged. "We with the Binx Mercantile often procure things for clients, should they require our services."

To anyone who knew him, this was Zai's monkey pantomime routine. Repeatedly spoken to to point where it just came to him when asked about his father and the company. Not being disrespectful but also revealing basic information.

"We do offer much in the way of personal orders. I recommed you look them up. Thank you for interest in the Binx Mercantile."

The waitress smiled, handing out menus."I'll be back in a few minutes to take your order."

The moment Carmine and the others were seated he immediately turned to stare hungrily at the fish in the miniature indoor aquarium that was the fish tank they had been seated next to. He felt his tail tightened around him as he squeezed it closer to himself underneath his clothing to avoid drawing attention to himself, but there was little he could do about other outward signs of his hunger, such as the unusual level of interest he showed in what the tank held.
CorgiDream CorgiDream Inufandom Inufandom Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590

Zai found his gaze wandering from the fish, noticing Carmine was looking at them with more than just a little interest. Though honestly, Zai was enraptured by the fish just as easily.

As promised, a few minutes later, the waitress indeed returned to take the order. After a quick banter, off she went. Zai began playing with the silverware, quietly minding his buisness and tinkering around in his vest pockets for little gizmos and hardware as he worked, keeping his mind busy while they waited.

After the waitress took the teams order Lancelot looks at the fish for a moment before he noticed Zai was tinkering with the silverware, mainly the sporks..... after a sigh he says “so you’re making sporkupines... again. Will they explode like usual or since were in public will they be cute harmless sporkupines?”

After saying his peace he pulls out his scroll and decides to try and play on the game to check where Carmine is while hoping Myst will get into the competition with us. “Hey Myst, have you tried out the game yet? I think it’d be great to have something that the team can compete in for some fun.”

Inufandom Inufandom CorgiDream CorgiDream

Zai smiles, continuing his work but saying nothing in response. He now had two tiny dancing bundles of twisted up sporks and tiny electronics. They even had little smiling faces, as obscenely strange as they were already. However, Zai was quickly running out of the minute animatronic parts he kept on hand to amuse himself with various objects. He could maybe fashion two more, if he was skimpy about it.

Sporks were his latest fascination, leading to him creating the Sporkupine. As ridiculous as they were, they were equally adorable in his eyes.

When they got seated Myst instantly noticed the giant fish tank she stood up on her seat and gazed at them she even pointed out some that she saw when they were in the car submarine? she smiled and it seemed like she was in a daze until she heard Lancelot say her name she plopped back down in her seat and was short enough to swing her legs without touching the ground "I've never played games before" she tilted her head "what is it about?"
Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590

Users who are viewing this thread

Back