• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Sovereignty of Ages IC

Once his team was finished, Zai stood. "Onward, my noble compatriots!" He pointed upwards, and began giggling as he marched away, already the class clown and excited over being back in class.

Carmine had finished shortly before his teammates. and used the remaining time while waiting for them to finish to review his understanding of the school's layout from when he had left for his early morning training regimen. The moment everyone was finished eating he got up and matched Zai's pace as they all left for class. Once they were outside he used his semblance to scout ahead. He quickly found where they needed to go and returned to his team. With a single motion for them to follow him Carmine continued heading for the school building and set a walking pace that was a bit brisker than normal, but would allow them to reach their first morning class without being late.

As Zai sat in class, he found thst Proffessor Greene was quite mysterious, but always encouraging. It was quite something to watch her examples of stealth utility, with and without dust. And even so, class seemed to drone on and on with it being their first day. When the bell tolled signaling next period, Zai was only too happy to move on.

Professor Mullberry's class proved to be much different, as the teacher was definitely a man of action.

"Students, I ask you present your weapons, that we might see by example how maintenance differs from person to person."

He looked at his roster, and his eyebrow raised. "Team ABSL, please be so kind as to lead us off."

Zai stood, nodding to his team. He pulled his sword blade from its sheath, and spun the dust mechanism on it. As he was in class, he hadn't loaded it. The Proffessor held out his hand, and Zai handed it over.

"A straightforward ranged and close combat weapon. And its been mended many times."

"Yes, sir. I've had to reforge it a few times from previous missions. Was I that sloppy in my repairs?"

"Not at all. I simply know weapons."

The Proffessor smiled and moved onto Lance. "I just wanted to smash and bash with a lot of force." He said with a grin from ear to ear.

"With a pointy bit as a bonus. Smart." The Proffessor replied, and then his gaze turned to the last two of team ABSL. "Next student, please."

Last edited:
Carmine steps forward, lifting his cane and twirling it in front of him like a slow moving propeller before placing it gently on the table. He sends a surge of aura through it and a series of small whirrs and clicks are heard as small bumps appear where pieces of the cane move outward a small amount. This is followed by segments of the cane moving in opposing directions before unfolding outward with the shaft now laying face up in quarter portions and the crook of the cane splitting in half.

The shaft is shown to be hollow, as is one half of the crook of the cane. In each portion of the cane's shaft is one piece of the blade hidden inside of it, and while the weapon looks combat ready there are indentations tracing lines and circles on the inside giving it an unfinished look. One half of the crook is filled with a module that holds several small dust containers with each one holding a Dust Crystal.

Carmine finishes by making a quick movement with his hands to make the palm area of his gloves flip open before snapping into place on the backs of the gloves before removing them along with the attached cuff extensions which he opened manually to show an empty area like with the palm area of the gloves, except there are several fabrics of different colors layered over one another in the cuffs.

Inufandom Inufandom

"My my, intricate in design and utility." The Proffessor commented. "And extensive dust weaving. Let us hope you don't expend too much in one go."

The Proffessor gazed at the final team member of ABSL. "And now for you."

CorgiDream CorgiDream

Myst stepped up to the teach her eyes shinning and a smile going across her entire face as she hands the teacher her fancy looking staff with the orb on the top "It lights up depending on what dust you use" she sqeauks as she spins the dial at the base of the staff and it lands on a gravity dust and the orb turns a dark purple.

"Gravity dust seems to be quite popular this year amongst students." The Proffessor commented. "Ingenuity seems to demand it quite a bit as of late."

The Proffessor began talking about the various joints, proper oiling of the mechanical bits, and the importance of proper maintenance before he then moved on to the next team.

Last edited:
Carmine had retrieved his cane after sending aura coursing through it to make it pull itself together again. He remained silent as Professor Mulberry finished going over the weapons of each first year student, although he could help but wonder why Velvet's weapon was a camera, or how Coco managed to fit a giant gatling gun inside what looked to be a regular bag. No, forget that, how the hell did she even carry the bag?

That thing had to weigh a ton! Carmine's attention returned to Professor Mulberry as she finished inspecting everyone's weapons and once again addressed the class as a group. She emphasized the importance of regular maintenance and stated that they would be going over different universal maintenance techniques as well as one-on-one tutoring for individual training on maintenance techniques specific to each weapon. "However, this classroom will not afford enough time to handle all forms of maintenance that your weapons will need at one time, and it is up to you to keep your weapons in proper working order. Anyone that fails to keep their weapons in top condition will lose points off of their final grade, so make sure you always tend to your weapons after you've finished using them."

The remainder of Professor Mulberry's class was devoted to an overview of advanced weapons maintenance and repair knowledge that she expected all students to memorize and utilize. After Professor Mulberry's class came Professor Port, but whereas the other instructors had different teaching styles and approaches Professor Port's class was filled with lectures based on his adventures as a Huntsman prior to becoming an instructor at Beacon Academy. His lectures seemed both fantastical and boastful, and yet he somehow managed to still put some students to sleep with his stories. The most exciting part had been when Professor Port had brought out a caged Boarbatusk and asked who felt they were up for facing off against the pig Grimm. Carmine had immediately jumped at the chance to do anything other than listen to Professor Port drone on, but immediately regretted how quickly he dispatched the Boarbatusk as it left Professor Port with extra time to continue his lecture before the class ended.

Carmine waited until the class was over and he was well on his way to the lunch room with his team before voicing his complaints about their last morning professor. "How can someone who's supposed to have had such grand adventures manage to excel at putting people to sleep?! I swear the person behind me actually started snoring before the class was over!" Carmine would not normally complain about one of his instructors. That he would do so, even when far out of earshot of them, was a testament to how frustrated he felt about Professor Port's class, as was the giant yawn that he had tried and failed to stifle.

Inufandom Inufandom CorgiDream CorgiDream

Users who are viewing this thread

Back