• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Sovereignty of Ages IC

“It’s just your basic castle crashed game, here check it out on my scroll, while we wait for food” said Lancelot while passing Myst his scroll to try the game on while waiting for food, he then goes back to watching Zai make his sporkupines.

CorgiDream CorgiDream

Myst grabs the scroll staring at the screen the game starts and she instantly dies she tugs on Lancelot's arm "Um what is a castle crash game?" She shows him the scroll and the game shows that she died.
Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590

Carmine tore his eyes away from the fish tank to scan the menu, but he paused long enough to notice the sporkupines. He heaved a sigh and shook his head as he picked up his menu. He had already maintained a calm and reserved composure through many of Zai's antics, but even a gentleman had his limits. "If any of those explode and endangers others I will cane you." Carmine's voice was quiet and calm as ever, but had a deadly serious undertone. He had already resolved to endure Zai's antics up to a point, but he would remain neither quiet nor still should any of them go too far.

Inufandom Inufandom Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590 CorgiDream CorgiDream

"Not to worry, I don't have explosives at dinner, usually." Zai commented, clipping a spork in peices while continuing with his dancing sporkupines.

"Isn't it adorable?" He asked, holding one up. It squeaked as it started moving again.

“A castle crash game is a game about well making a castle into rubble, and don’t worry about dying because it’s your first time playing I died 6 times on the first level alone, while Zai I think cheated haha.”

While explaining this to Myst, Lancelot presses the respawn button and continues watching Zai create his sporkupines.

CorgiDream CorgiDream

Carmine glances over at Zai again and says, "No cheating allowed, and that includes the use of your semblance to affect the game."

When the waitress walked back with drinks in tow and everyone began making their orders Carmine began pointing out items of interest on the menu. "I'll have this, this, this, and this. Triple portions." Carmine held up three fingers as he said triple portions and seemed completely unfazed by the fact that he was ordering so much food.

CorgiDream CorgiDream Inufandom Inufandom Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590

Zai looked up, eyebrow raised. Looking at Carmine's physique one would never guess he could pack away the food he had just ordered. "I'll have you know I'm above cheating in such a manner, especially when it comes to noobs." Zai flicked one of his sporkupines at Carmine across the table, and it rolled to stop shy of his place setting where it started dancing away.

But Tiger Faunas had quick metabolic rates, and Zai too was starving. However, he ordered several small portions as he wanted to try as much as possible of the local seafood. But in the end this meal would already be a heafty sum.

A text to Zai's father on the way while they were still in the car was sent revealing he was about to take his teammates out somewhere nice, and had already been met with a response encouraging him to not be cheap for his new friends. Zai licked his lips; as hungry as he was, he was all too happy to comply.

Zai smiled at the waitress once he had finished ordering. "Thank you, ma'am, and while you're here, may I have a refill on my soda, please?"

Last edited:
Myst just did an 'Oh' face as she started to play the game again doing better this time and actually not dying when the waitress came Myst was to focused on the game that she didn't get to look at the menu "I'll just get what he gets" she motions to Lancelot as she continues to get invested in the game in her hands.

Lancelot looks at the waiter finally decided on what he should order, “Can I get a large sample platter of the different kind of shrimp y’all have?”

The waitress smiles at Lancelot “of course.” Lancelot smiles and nods at her before letting his mind wander.

“Hey Zai, are you sure your dad is going to be ok with this?”

Inufandom Inufandom

"Already handled. He said not to be cheap for my new friends." Zai responded, applying the last of his spare trinkets to the final sporkupine. It started dancing to a wriggling pointer finger from Zai.

"These are the most adorable creations of mine yet." He smiled at his little metallic dancing friend. "A shame you're too simple to do tricks." He said sadly.

Carmine grabbed one of the Sporkupines and began altering it after shutting it off. He gave it a thorough once over before grabbing two others and turning them off. He then began disassembling them. "If you're going to make something it needs to be functional."

Inufandom Inufandom

"They are functional." Zai gasped, shielding the final one from Carmine's hand. "Don't look at him, my darling." He cooed to it, hiding its little face from Carmine's massacre of its brethren. He spoke gently but firmly. "Just because you see no purpose in something doesn't mean there isn't one."

Carmine rolled his eyes. Was Zai seriously treating his mechanical creations like they had a life of their own rather than being limited mechanical beings. He shook his head at Zai's actions and said, "This is not pointless destruction Zai. This is a reincarnation." And indeed Carmine was disassembling the Sporkupines with the same careful, methodical, and dexterous motions gained from years of weapons-crafting and needlework.

It wasn't long before he had all of the pieces separated into their own small areas. He took out some extra parts he had in one of his pockets and placed them on the table before using everything he had to start creating a new mechanical creature. "There were one or two people I've encountered over the years that talked about creating droid-type weapons. I hadn't really understood why, but that didn't mean I wasn't paying attention when they talked about it. Mind you I'm not any kind of genius mechanic, but when someone continues rambling about different ideas and how to execute them you tend to pick up a few things, such as this."

Carmine had been working quickly while speaking and soon created the new creature he had been assembling. It looked to be a cross between a spider and a crab with an optic sensor on either side of its body. The optic sensor swiveled around as it regarded Carmine for a moment before flipping on end and approaching Zai, the sporks that comprised its feet spinning as though they were all part of some great wheel that propelled it across the table. It came to a stop and went flat against the table as it crouched low and leaped up onto Zai's head before settling in between Zai's ears as its optic receptors swiveled around to face forward. Carmine gave a small smile and said, "Behold! The Spider Spork."

Zai plucked it out of his hair, eyeing it incredulously before smiling mischievously. "It may have its uses." He placed it back on the table next to his remaining sporkupine as the food arrived.

As the waitress returned with their food and asked of there was anything else they needed Carmine looked at her with an unusually serious look and said, "Sporks. Lots of them." And with that he promptly fell upon the nearest plate of food and began devouring it at a frightening pace.

Inufandom Inufandom CorgiDream CorgiDream Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590

Myst was doing pretty good in the game finally really liking it she was in a trance until she saw the delectable smelling food being placed in front of her she looked away from the screen and to the food she handed Lancelot his scroll back as she indulged in the food in front of her.

While waiting for the food to be delivered Lancelot observed Zai and Carmine bicker and joke about the sporkupines and spider spork, he decided to pull out a small screwdriver set and started tinkering with his left arm not really caring who watched him.

After a few minutes of messing with his arm He noticed the waitress walking towards us with our food, He put away my screwdriver set and got ready to eat. After the waitress set the food down he smiled at her in thanks and retrieved his scroll back from Myst. “Carmine I know your hungry but calm down man. If you eat at that pace you’ll either choke or finish first and be stuck waiting on everyone else.”

After saying his peace he starts eating his shrimp with one hand and put his scroll away with his other.

Torma Ximnus Torma Ximnus

Last edited:
Carmine only paused long enough to swallow and before glancing at Lancelot saying, "Shut up, I'm hungry." Carmine promptly fell upon his food again and finished it with unnatural speed before setting the plate to the side as he immediately started on his second plate.

"And eating on my dime, might I add." Zai responded in kind, his eyes narrowed. "Manners, please." His steely gaze fell upon Carmine for but a moment before Zai shrugged it off and he looked to Lance.

"But he is right, Lance. Shut up, I'm hungry." With that Zai shoved half a fish in his mouth at once, chewing only enough to swallow it before lifting several pieces of cooked fish on a small plate to the group. "Try one of these. They're delicious."

Myst ate at a normal pace giggling at the situation but at the same time knowing how they felt when she had her first family meal when she was adopted she was like Carmine and Zai.

Carmine couldn't tell if Zai's glare and remonstration was genuine or if he was poking fun at Carmine. He opted for rolling his eyes flicking a freshly cleaned fish bone halfway across the table, although it was a half-hearted motion as he was solely focused on his food just then. He would definitely be feeling embarrassed and more than a small amount of shame over his conduct later, but that wasn't going to happen until he had eaten his fill and come back to his senses.

Zai was rapidly approaching the end of what he had ordered in spite of himself. Much had been devoured, though now he was eating a plate of shrimp hailing from Menagerie. Admittedly, The foods of his home brought a feeling of nostalgia and homesickness, and sadly enough no one he knew prepared them this well.

It quickly passed as Zai finished the shrimp and hailed the waitress. "Would you bring us your dessert menu, please?" He asked, laying his Lien card down on the table. The waitress smiled and did as asked.

The desserts were quite luxurious; Zai was going to have a time deciding...

For as much as Carmine had ordered he had finished just after Zai did. Zai had asked for the dessert menu before anyone else could say anything, and Carmine was grateful for the array of foods they had enjoyed up to now, but a part of him was growing impatient. They had their room, but it was barren, and that simply would not do. Carmine waited for the waitress to return and interjected before they could crack the menu open. "Four of everything to go." Carmine turned his attention to Zai and said, "I hope you don't mind. I have something I want to take care of while we're in town, and if we're here much longer we won't have enough time."

Inufandom Inufandom Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590 CorgiDream CorgiDream

"Is that so?" Zai tilted his head. "Four of all the desserts is a bit much. How about we just take..." Zai quickly surveyed the menu. "A whole cherry cheesecake and a double chocolate cake will be enough."

Zai returned his attention to Carmine. "And what is it you're wanting to do, exactly? I hope you're not planning to stuff my car full of junk. As I stated before, there's too much already in my trunk."

"You sure that's not just the junk food you eat?" Carmine chuckled a bit at his light teasing before returning his attention to the matter at hand. "Our room is too barren. We need a place for you to do your work, a place to entertain guests, and the materials for the changes I have in mind. By the time everything's finished we'll have everything we need and enough comfort to feel at home during our free time."

Inufandom Inufandom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back