• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY Saga: Vale [Arc 2 IC]

Nearby: Jade
@Tags" Hibiscus Hibiscus Brinni Brinni
Ophelia FallFeeling the hand on her shaking shoulders Ophelia couldn't stop herself as the tears flowed. "For eleven years...I thought I was doing right...I was doing what I was born to do." Clenching her chest as it tightened she continued rambling. "I thought I could stop Mai from killing her mom. I know why she wanted to, but she changed she changed so much." Her voice caught in her throat and the tears flowed even faster.
"And I know Mai saw that, but she killed her anyway... Why is it when I fail, someone has to die?" She looked up at at Jade pleadingly. "Why is it when I succeed, someone has to get hurt?"

Feeling the ground shake Ophelia stopped and looked over towards the tower. A rush of dark aura shot towards them as the earth rumbled again. Feeling herself be pulled up by Jade she staggered to her feet. Her legs were uneasy and she used Jade as a stable support, keeping her eyes on the tower. "It's Silver." The ground cracked and shook even harder, coming from the open cracks a low growl cold be heard. As the cracked earth rose in broken panels black scales could be seen from underneath. A heavy claw slid out from under the crack and as the streets began to rise the other pieces of concrete began to crumble underneath the weight of the problem.

Ophelia looked over to Jade "Silver's awakening the Dragon grimm under the streets here. We need to get out of here." Stopping and thinking about who was on the motorcycle, she wondered. "Jade that person on the motorcycle. Are they with you?"

Brinni Brinni The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Titan swerved in beteen cars, building debris, and Grimm mulling through the streets. The large motorcycle was built like her mother's, matching the new designs the twins implemented over time. However the bike had a more cumbersome design, with a larger back wheel to provide traction and weight distribution for the LMG's protruding from the front of the bike. It also gave the larger seat back further space, as well as many large compartments that hold gadgets galore. On his own this was a way for Titan to compensate for his own weaknesses, namely speed and versatility. Even Titan recognized fists only worked in so many situations.

Catching his thoughts on the long stored battle bike, Titan broke through the street to Jade's locations. The rumbling of the engine under him was overtaken by the sound of breaking earth. Titan rode in between the growing fault lines until the ground began to grow with the force of the large beast. As he finally pulled up next to the girls it was easy to see that the best outcome came. "Good to see you, but let's go." Titan continued to pull on the gas, the back wheel held by the light grip on the brake and his strong legs. He waited for the girls to get on, watching the beasts getting closer to exit his earthen tomb.

Operation: Keep it Tite

Nearby: Ruby, Yang, Various Adults and teachers
@Tags: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Hibiscus Hibiscus

The earth rumbled beneath them as the two girls straddled onto the roaring motorcycle. Shaking more violently the earth rose beneath them as the head of a large draconic grimm lifted the piece of street from its head. Moving from side to side the trio would be swayed along with the beasts large cranium. Feeling the intensity of the rage from its queen pierce the beast’s mind as it let out a blood curdling roar.

The force of the dragon’s roar broke the windows of the nearby building. The rooftop a good ten feet above them as the dragon grimm raised a darkened claw and pressed it against the building crumbing the brick and stone, crushing a hole into the slowly leaning building. All down the street the broken concrete was rising and shifting as the dragon grimm nest was awoken. Pieces of the crumbled street rested on their backsides, glued there by the paste like placenta. The twisting curling mass of newborn dragon grimm cried and slammed against the buildings around them, as they gained their footing from their underground nest.

Ophelia, sitting in the back, was shaken by the shifting ground. The dragon grimm were far larger than what she expected, spanning at minimum two stories tall, no doubt thanks to Salem’s influence. She looked over at the distant tower and could almost see the animosity and rage emanating from her. It sent a chill down Ophelia’s back as she quickly expanded her aura out to the dust around her. “We need to leave. Right now!” Breaking through her aura she sensed a shock of energy barreling towards them. Twisting around Ophelia raised her hands up and pulled the ice dust around the incoming projectile. Encompassing it, it seemed to be a arrow of hard light, now covered in ice Ophelia raised her left hand and a wave of gravity dust shot out and exploded the projectile. Sensing more to come she shouted to Titan. “Drive!”

The large dragon beside them arched its back, the long neck rising and coiling around. A large strip of concrete sliding from it’s hardened skull down the slide of its back. Turning its head it looked directly at the trio with it’s reddened eyes. In a moment they narrowed as the dragon grimm began to luge it’s mouth towards the group. Jaw unhinged its tongue twisted towards them like a ramp, surrounded by a arena of razor sharp teeth.

It only took a few moments for the girls to mount the large vehicle, but during that time the dragons had erupted from the earthen slumber all around. Their bodies took most of the road with them, leaving Titan flailing from options once the girls were on. The large tires screeching against the concrete finally released, taking the big bike on a sharp turn to the Dragon next to them just as the cold chill from broken ice fluttered on them. The tough treads gripped onto the elongated tongue, however the open mouth grew wider for them and encompassed the bike. Titan aimed both hands and feet downward, firing with gravitic force into the tongue. The force pushed the bike above the head, landing them roughly on the street that covered this dragon's back.

Sailing in between the rubble and spines of the Dragon was easy, but each glance outwards showed more rising with each moment. “What's the plan!?” Titan asked as they landed, narrowly missing the tail that swung at them with purpose. The dragon attempted to turn to follow, but with needing to crash each building down first or rise above. The group had a reprieve in a side street, but the dragon's roars were all around them. Waiting for the prey to come out.

Jade held tight to Ophelia, determined to keep her from falling. As the drove down the tongue for towards the maw of the beast she wanted to squeeze her eyes shut, but she didn’t. This is insane, our parents never had to do stuff like this I’m sure. I’m really thinking of a career change… As Titan got them temporarily safe she heaved a sigh of relief.

Titan’s near frantic query snapped her back to reality. She thought quickly. She wasn’t sure they could do a whole lot on their own and she wasn’t sure if she trusted the Atlesian military…”Take us to you mom and the other teachers. All of these is too much for us to handle, especially during a rescue mission. If I have to, I can provide temporary distractions since I can run faster than your bike.”

The dragon grimm’s heavy head slammed into the side of its siblings with the force of the gravity blast. Watching as the group evaded to a side street the dragon grimm began slamming their head into the buildings that made up the alley. With the repetitive bashing of the dragons the builds steadily began to crumble. Watching the rubble fall Ophelia looked over to the duo. “We can’t go through the city. If these dragon grimm follow us they’ll destroy everything. But if they lose us in the nest they won’t fly after us.” Focusing her amber eyes on Titan she gave him a serious stare. “Do you think you can drive us through those things. I can hold off Salem’s attacks and build ramps but if you’re not up to it that’s fine. Salem wants me if I stay you two can escape now while I hold off the dragon grimm” The Dragon grimm slammed their head heavily again stone causing more of it to crumble as they spoke, they only had another moment to talk before the building caved enough for the beasts to come through.

Ophelia had hardly given her suggestion to stay behind when Jade began shaking her head. “Not a chance O. We stayed here in this hellscape just for the opportunity of finding you. We’re not gonna lose you twice. Even if I was inclined to leave one of my friends behind, I’d never be able to face Nix if I gave you away so easily. And given we’re still gonna be a team once school starts back up I’m gonna need to be able to work with him. So Titan, kick it up a gear. I don’t wanna stay here any longer than we have to.”

Titan drove through the alleyway, watching carefully as the next street approached rapidly through the debris and smoke clouded over them. The cracks and breaks in the buildings growing with each second of the massive weights pushing into them. Even with the sound of the crumbling city and the roar of the engine, Titan made out what the two girls said on his back. The options weighed on him like the weight of the engine under his fingers, gripping the handlebars with the speed necessary to engage or flee.

However Jade spoke his mind, the tires squealing as the engine moved upwards in gear gave them way to the street infested with the dragons. “Leaving you isn’t an option Ophelia,” Titan turned against the crumbling concrete, narily dodging the claws of a dragon as it swooped down for its query. “We’re bringing you home. So both of you hold on!” Titan glanced back at both, studying the emotions in their eyes and hopefully bolstering it with the small grin he held. Through teeth, claws, and bodies Titan began to maneuver the vehicle, however often times at the cost of the large metal plating coating the weaker points of the bike.

The grimm dragon’s claw broke through right as the tires squealed against the concrete and off down the tattered street. The building crumbling down seconds later as it’s head slowly turned towards the jetting bike as it mauvered between the awakening dragon grimm. One dragon grimm growled and lunged towards the mauverig bike only to closely evade it. A large claw comes crashing down against the back of the dragon only to lift the bike up and back onto the dragon grimms back. The trio maneuvering through the twisting best, with every turn the dragon Grimm began to lose track of them. Salem keeping a watchful eye from the distance couldn't shoot the bike. They were lost in the sea of newborn Grimm. With every turn Ophelia was gathering dust behind them creating a dust clone of the three of them on the bike. Mixed with every bit of dust she could pull she made a dagger in her free hand and slit her left arm letting the blood splatter onto the dust clones. Pressing the blade against her arm she activated the fire dust and cauterized her wound. “Okay! We can break out of this now! I’ll keep the clones moving in the nest!”

Within a few minutes if driving the trio broke through the nest and out towards the open space, safety. Instantly a hail of arrows rained down upon them. Ophelia pulled he dust around them and shot at the closest arrows. Pulling her hand into a fist she pulled the gravity dust around them and activated it like a temporary shield against the barrage. Blood trickled out from her nose and ears as she held back the barrage. Five pillars of heavy light fell in a line in front of them blocking their path. Salem gave the dragon Grimm the order to move. Watching as the thirty give dragon Grimm turn their head to them Ophelia activated the dust clones.

The explosions shot through the nest sending a shockwave all across the western area. Dragon Grimm flew in the air, their massive bodies colliding against the buildings around them. A large crater formed covered in various residue from the dust bomb, it was an unnatural disaster. One dragon Grimm came rolling above them crashing like a meteor in front of them it let out a pained wail as it was clear it was covered in burns, rock shards and ice. The gravity shield around them faltered and fell asleep Ophelia began to lose consciousness. Her body slumped against Jade’s as her her eyes fluttered and closed.

As Ophelia collapsed Jade tightened her grip. “Titan. Choice is made. We’re going to your mom and aunt. Much as I hate the idea that they might arrest her immediately...we need the experience” she called to him.

Titan put all of his focus on the path in front of them, trusting the two on his bike to protect them from the many attacks from all directions. The showers of dust and concrete covered his vision in between the forms of the Grimm ravenously heading for them. It felt like hours through the nest, each turn only revealing a new challenge for the trio to maneuver through. However the clones grew and eventually Titan was given the signal to leave.

They had a few moments of calm, fresh air filling their nostrils and their path wide open. Beams of light dropped down a few hundred feet in front of them, Titan looking in the one mirror leftover to find the fight not over. A concussive blast sent them forward, Titan bolstered against his handlebars as the deafening wave settled the fight. Avoiding the bodies as they fell from the sky and praying to avoid the gaze of Salem, Titan headed towards his mother and their camp.

“We got Ophelia back from all that,” Titan looked at Jade from the corner of his eye, small grin noticeable through the dirt and blood trickling from his forehead. “We can keep her from jail too.” The next few moments Titan caught his breath, allowing the adrenaline to subside and the rush of emotions from the fight came in. As they came to the large metallic doors of the outpost only one thought remained on Titan’s face as he turned to Jade once more, “Mom is going to kill me when she’s sees the Tite-Bike.”

“Excuse me...what did you just call it?” she asked incredulously

It was from then onward that the true enemy for Jade was the name Tite-Bike, and for the rest of the ride Titan defended it religiously.

----
“So anyways, we brought her here, hoping….I’m not even sure what for. We just thought coming here would be the best choice” she finished explaining to Ruby and the other assembled adults.

IDK really...
Nearby: Yang, Professors Sharp, Auburn, Shamrock, Various Adults
Tags: Brinni Brinni The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Hibiscus Hibiscus
Ruby Rose
Ruby was on high alert ever since she heard that her kids have slipped past her father. Then again, she did the same to him when she was their age. She really couldn't be mad at them, she was just worried about them. Since we had sent the students off to Vacuo, the available huntsmen and professors were busy trying to keep Vale under control. But even with all that has transpired from that day, when she heard that two students have returned with Ophelia, a criminal under Grey's order, her thoughts went straight to her children. To say that she was surprised to see Titan and Sun's daughter was an understatement.

The three stood before the small council of Huntsmen and professors as we listened to what they did to get here. Ruby sat beside Oscar as she listened but she kept her eyes on Ophelia. Phoenix had told her he wanted to stay with her to look for Opehlia, but I denied his wishes and sent him off to Patch. Once they were finished explaining, I looked over to Oscar for a moment but decided to the first step in trying to solve this problem at hand. She gave Titan a sweet smile before answering his concern, "You did well coming her, Titan. It's the safest place in the shortest time."

She turned to Oscar and the rest of the council and addressed them next, "Can I suggest that they are sent to rest. If anyone is worried for the girl, I am more than willing to keep an eye on her in the meantime." Professor Sharp stood up from his seat and turned to her as he offered, "I am willing to take shifts with you. We can make rounds of us look over to make sure she is kept safe." Ruby nodded but looked over to Oscar for his thoughts on the matter, "What are your thoughts on this Professor Pine?"

Last edited:
Nearby:
@Tags: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Hibiscus Hibiscus Brinni Brinni
Far off on the outskirts of Vale was a safe house that evaded the growing dark vines engulfing vale. It was a wooden two story home off a beaten path. There the adults held their base of operations. As the kids carried the unconscious Ophelia into the safe house, she didn't stirr at all. Her body so still she almost looked dead, small streams of dried blood trailing out of her nose, eyes and ears. Luckily she had a steady pulse for anyone who checked. Sitting in the rustic living room of the safe house the kids debriefed the adults.

Looking away from the scene Oscar was staring off into the distance, miles away in a daze, there was a lot going through his mind. Ozpin's voice had returned however he was not alone this time, there was a chorus of voices all shouting for attention. He could barely hear himself think amongst the jarble of voices trying to tell him something. Barely hearing Ruby as she looked over to him he gave a quiet nod, turing his weary sunken gaze softened with a smile.

Stepping forward he looked at the others, pushing the voices back as his eyes rested on the kids. "They've all had a long day, Ruby is right. Rest is the most important thing for them, they'll be safe here. Tomorrow if Ophelia awakens we'll get to the truth and hopefully a way to take back Vale from Salem." His smile didn't do well to hide the fact that he was tired. The voices began to overtake his head again. Running his fingers through his bangs his voice weakened from weariness. "There's are rooms available upstairs. A rotational watch should be put on Ophelia for everyone's safety."

Wincing in pain he looked over into a empty corner and let out a heavy sigh. "I think rest is something we all need. You kids did a excellent job." Turning he went towards the balcony and slumped into a bench.

Brinni Brinni The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
"Jade and I will watch her." Titan spoke up, his outstretched body on the couch returning to a somewhat normal posture. The upholstery and soft blankets were better than they've had in some time and with recent sores from their excursions was a welcome home for his tush. He looked over to the unconscious body of Ophelia, still resting on the opposite couch where he'd placed her in. "If that's okay?" Titan looked up to his Aunt before standing, groaning as he did so. "I don't want her to run again, and waking up in new places is easier with friendly faces. Not that some of you aren't friendly faces, but no chances right?" Titan looked slightly confused with his own explanation, but nodded despite that.

Titan lifted Ophelia once more, this time with the pain of his wounds set in, wincing as he pushed his weight back upright. Climbing up the stairs was arduous and only furthered inflamed his muscles, but at the top Titan found a cozy room with a small bed for Ophelia. Opening the two large curtains let in large rays of light that found their way through the forest pines, illuminating the mess that was Titan. From his pack he retrieved a small medical kit and a bottle of water, beginning to tend to himself. The kimono was shreds as he took it off to replace it with dressing, wrapping a bandage around his stomach that moved to his right shoulder. Next he moved his hair back to wrap his forehead, a rock bouncing against his handlebar had made a gash above his left eye. With that and the rest of the water bottle Titan had cleaned most of the injuries on his body.

Putting away what was left of his kit and balling up his wasted shirt, Titan glanced at Ophelia's still body. Retrieving the kit once more from his bag and pouring out the remains of the bottle, Titan gently cleaned off the dried blood on Ophelia. Titan placed the bag under his seat before leaning it back against the wall, resting into it. Sighing with well earned relief, Titan thoughts moved to the twins. The thoughts moved quickly as Titan ushered them along, putting his scroll back in the bag that he'd fished it from. Instead he waited for sleep or Jade to come join him upstairs, for she'd want to talk about the downstairs meeting, Ophelia, or the Tite-Bike.

Jade glanced around at the other adults. Despite the exhaustion she was like a coiled spring. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust the adults…it was more that she was worried that they were just going to turn Ophelia over when they woke up. Headmaster Pine and Professor Sharp were the two most likely offenders because, for all they knew, Ophelia had caused the whole mess as an agent of Salem. Jade hadn’t explained about her suspicions of why Ophelia had done such a thing. Jade was fairly certain that of the assembled adults, Yang and Ruby would be the most light-hearted. At least…based on the stories from her dad and Titan.

Dad…. Where are you in all this mess? Jade still hadn’t heard a word about her parents since the refugee camp. She blinked back to reality as Titan spoke up. Nodding her agreement she stayed put for a few moments before going upstairs. Stepping in to one of the open rooms she closed the door. She changed into a fresh-ish set of pajamas and cleaned herself off as much as she could. Leaving and going into the room with Titan and Ophelia she shut the door and sat with her back against it.

We’re safe

The thought had hardly finished forming when a shuddering sigh took her. She sat there, crying silently, as the fear, exhaustion, and adrenaline left her for the first real time in weeks. Even though she’d had Titan to watch her back since they left the camp, it wasn’t quite the same as being surrounded by Huntsmen and Huntresses with decades of experience. She heard the shift of Titan’s chair and just held up a hand, indicating him to let her be for now. Slowly, the shuddering stopped. Her breath became even once more. Wiping her eyes she looked up.

“Well” she said at last. “We did the impossible. We brought her back. Now what?”

Hibiscus Hibiscus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Nearby:
Ophelia FallThe light breaking through the curtains and resting on Ophelia’s face she frowned and rolled over to her side to escape the light. Feeling the soft mattress beneath her Ophelia stirred slowly awake, it was far different from what she expected. Raising her hands to her face she ran her fingers through her hair tugging at the strands trying to motivate herself to wake up. Peaking out under the shadow of her hands she looked over to see Titan and Jade.

Eyes widening she quickly sat up. The rush of blood made her lightheaded and she gripped her throbbing head. “Ow…” Letting herself adjust she looked around the quaint room. She didn’t know where she was but it certainly was homey. Better than a cell or a slab. Looking out the window she saw the vast forests around them, trees cascading around them hiding the cottage. Resting her hand on the glass she wondered where this could be.

Noticing someone exiting the cabin she saw the headmaster of Beacon walk into the woods. Jolting a bit at seeing him she quickly made the decision to bolt. Twisting around she leaned against the bed frame to leap off of. However her hand slip and she fell hard onto the floor, with a loud thud. Pushing her self up off the floor she sat there, her legs stinging a bit from the fall. Looking up at the blonde duo she sighed, well I’m not leaving stealthily.

Raising her hand up she gave them both a small wave. "Umm... morning... where are we?"

IDK really...
Nearby: Yang, Professors Sharp, Auburn, Shamrock, Various Adults
Ruby Rose
Ruby stood frozen between the need to go after Oscar and the want to check on her family. She knew very well he would return so she turned toward Professor Sharp and asked, "Can you and Professor Auburn keep a watch on the surrounding forest, we don't need to be ambushed while we have the kids around." Sharp looked over to Ruby and glanced over to his sister-in-law who was already making her way out of the cabin as an answer. Sharp nodded, "We'll make sure it's safe." Ruby offered him a smile before reassuring him, "I'll join you two once I have spoken with my nephew."
They both split up from each other. The room with the other adults and staff were abuzz as they talked about Ophelia and the likely hood that something would happen. She just ignored their words and climbed the stairs. Taking a final glance over the crowd downstairs, she noticed Yang brooding in the corner. Yang has never been good with her emotions, and she needs to think before she came up to see her son.
Looking away from her sister, she made her way over to the room where she saw the shadow behind the door. She was about to knock on the door when she heard the slight sob that slips from someone from inside. Ruby stepped back a bit, taking a spot across the way, allowing whatever privacy the individual needed. After a while, Ruby made out a thud from behind the door. Fearing that one of the kids have gotten hurt, she proceeded to knock on the door. "Is everyone okay? I heard someone fall," she called from the other side.

Jade

Nearby: Ophelia, Titan, Ruby
@Tags: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Hibiscus Hibiscus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Jade turned her head at the thud. Slowly raising her eyebrow at Ophelia's antics she just gave her a "Really?" look. "We're fine" she called back to Ruby. "Just give us a few moments." Jade stood up and brushed herself off. "Morning O. You had us worried for a moment there" she said, helping the girl up. Taking a seat on the edge of the bed she motioned for Ophelia to follow suit.

"Where we are, is safe. Out in the mountains. We were pretty sure that nowhere in the city was going to be safe for you, so we brought you here. While the military encampment is no doubt safer than here, we didn't want to bring you to the police. So we chose here. Outside the door is Ruby, waiting for us to call her in. Downstairs are a few of the teachers from Beacon. I'm pretty sure that right now, they're trying to decide what should be done with you once you're awake." Here, she lowered her voice so that Ruby couldn't hear through the door, and leaned into Ophelia. "Me and Titan though, we won't let anything bad happen to you. That's why we insisted on being the ones in the room when you woke up. I can't speak for him, but I'm willing to face off against them to get you out of here if they want to chain you up or arrest you.I didn't put my life on the line in the city to just roll over and let you get arrested, which is a possibility all things considered, Titan either. Ruby's the only one that could catch me, and I still have most of my aura left. All you have to do is say the word and I'll carry you off. Though, I think we should at least hear them out once they make a decision."

She straightened up and turned to Titan who uttered his agreement. "Obviously I'd rather not fight them if I can avoid it. And if it comes to it I do have a plan to try and sway them, though I'll need your trust Ty. But O, we're in this together. Even if I didn't consider you a friend, Nix would never let us hear the end of it if we didn't try everything to keep you safe. So that's the way it is. Please don't run off without us?" Jade stared at her for a few beats before raising her voice again. "Ok Ruby. You can come in now."

Safe House
Nearby: Titan, Jade, and Ophelia
Ruby Rose
Ruby stepped away from the door when Jade asked for a moment. Having a moody child taught her better than to hover. As she waited, she pulled out her scroll as she tried to see if any of her children were available. When they are not in any of the main cities, it would disconnect them from her. She expected to see their pictures greyed out, but instead, he sees both of them with a weak link. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she gave a silent thank you to the light brother. Ruby clicked on her eldest child, Phoenix, ready to send him a message about Ophelia, as she had promised him before sending him to Patch with both Summer and Titan.
"Be safe," was all she wrote, before closing her scroll.
Soon enough, she was called out to enter the room, and that she did. She gave the door a knock as she pushed the door open, "Are you three okay? I can get you guys something to eat if you guys are hungry." She closed the door behind her. Ruby took in all of the teens to see if anything was out of the ordinary, but it was mainly met with tired looks. Ophelia was the one that stood out to her the most. She looked so weak and hurt that it made Ruby's heart to ache for the girl.
"If you guys want, I can be the only one allowed in here," Ruby offered, "I know the gravity of the situation with Ophelia, but at the end of the day, I know how manipulating Cinder is." Ruby's eyes turned a bit darker, filled with hate from the memories that she shared with the wicked woman. "But," Ruby side, shaking the memories away, "I know Phoenix would never forgive me is I let the other huntsmen near you. I'm your ally, Ophelia, not your enemy. I would fight to keep you three safe, even if it means going against Professor Pine."

Brinni Brinni KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
The quiet closing of the wooden door and subsequent thud as Jade sat against it caused Titan to turn, standing as the tears seemed immediate with the closed door. The hand stopped him, a face of concern calming as he slowly sat back down. Titan stayed still in the few moments, not wanting to interrupt Jade as she recovered herself. "I don't know, try and talk to my family alone." Titan furrowed his brow, but didn't have to think further as Ophelia hit the floor. She had been stirring, but Titan didn't expect her first real movements to be escape. 'Actually, I should have expected that.' Titan relaxed as the two girls found the bed and Ruby found their door.

Watching the door as Jade quickly gave a run down on the situation, Titan only looked over at Ophelia as he was prompted to agree. "Hear them out and hope for the best, but if things go bad," Titan nodded to Ophelia, hoping to reassure her as much as himself. "I'll fight anyone down there to get you out of here, I’ve got your back O." With that Titan took his seat once more with the calm set back in the room, Jade's last words summarizing his thoughts perfectly.

As Ruby stepped in, despite being one of the adults in question, Titan relaxed. While he meant what he said, Titan was fairly certain that at least his family would feel their plight. The audible roar from Titan’s stomach could he heard at the mention of food, but he didn’t interrupt his Aunt to declare his starvation. It was a good choice not too, as while dinner sounded great, hearing that he didn’t have to fight his aunt was much better. She’d whoop him no problem, and that wasn’t even mentioning his mom downstairs.

“So, we have a safe place to rest.” Titan gave a reassuring grin to the group before it faded with another intrusion of his stomach growls, crossing his arms over to squelch the beast. “And maybe eat in a bit, but what now?” It was a proud moment to find Ophelia, a needle in an unfriendly haystack, but Titan didn’t much consider the afterwards; mostly because it seemed impossible some nights. The careful planning, tiptoeing around in the city, and keeping their mind busy with tracking left little time to wonder just what would happen when they found, leaving the after not even in his mind.

“How about we eat first and come up with solutions after the nap we need?” Yang opened the door she’d been behind shortly after Ruby entered. While Ruby might have respected the kids privacy, Yang had the first kid and was used to busting in a moment’s notice. However Titan didn’t much mind, because she usually brought with her, “Banana and peanut butter sandwiches!” Like a viking yell, or maybe a happy squeal was more akin to the sound of Titan, but he didn’t much mind his elated joy. The sound was over in an instant as his mother reflexively got the plate to him before he could tackle her for the meal.

Besides Titan’s sammies, Yang had also brought up sliced veggies, meats, cheeses, and some bread for the rest to make their own. With Titan gleefully devouring his meal, Yang pulled a chair from the hall and closed the door behind them. Setting the chair down and mounting it backwards, Yang crossed her arms as she looked at the two girls.“So, you’re Ophelia and you’re…” Yang studied Jade for a few moments before the light of realization crossed her bright eyes. “Jade, right?”

The kids had been through a lot, maybe not season 4 or 5 of their show a lot, but enough to warrant some rest. “Between Summer and Titan, we heard all about our friends’ kids and which ones got in the same class within the first few days.” Yang chuckled, “It was a big nostalgia trip that whole night, but how is Sun doing? Still getting in trouble often or have you taken over that for him?” Yang gave a wily grin to Jade. This was the girl Titan had been spending everyday with in an abandoned city fighting Grimm, she’d been there before and she knew what was definitely (not) happening, so making a good impression was top priority.

Last edited:
Ophelia Fall
Nearby: Everyone
Mood: Feeling the regerts
Taking Jade's hand she stood up and instantly felt woozy, whether it was the blood loss or the fall she was unsteady on her feet. Swaying a bit she sat down at the edge of the bed beside Jade. Wiping her eyes she noticed small flecks of red placed with the sleep in her eyes. A bit worried her thoughts were quickly taken as Jade began to talk. It was an absolute whirlwind of words and support, so much that Ophelia was lost in it all. Doing her best to catch all of what Jade was saying Ophelia nodded slowly. From what she could gather she was in a safe house. Though how safe I am with him here is...questionable. Thinking to Headmaster Pine she was always worried about being around him. Having had so much fear of him and Ruby instilled within her thanks to her mother Ophelia wasn't sure what she'd do now that her cover was blown.

The other thing is that Jade and Titan were here for her. Even if their parents are here, they're willing to fight them for her. It was something not even Ren had told her when she's been hurt. He always said to wait out the pain that it would be over soon. Which was true, even if it was never comforting. Ophelia gave a weak smile to Jade and nodded slowly. She wanted to help if she could, though she didn't know how.

Jolting as she heard Ruby's voice and the door open, Ophelia stared at the woman she was raised to fear and hate. She thought the Ruby who her mother had told her about would be a tall monster of a woman. However, she just looked like a kind woman, in fact she looked a lot like the Phoenix and Summer.

Listening to Ruby, her voice was calming and welcoming to Ophelia, that is until she mentioned her mother. There was clear bad blood between the two and Ophelia could understand. Cinder hadn't told her what she'd done to fight against Ruby, but it was clear that it wasn't kind.

Looking away from the woman, ashamed of her heritage Ophelia held her arm, her grip tightening as she mentioned Headmaster Pine. "I..." She didn't know what exactly to say, so she nodded.

There were so many places to start Ophelia didn't know where to begin. Luckily Titan and his stomach were there to save her. As he spoke up and mentioned food it was a much needed lightening up for the room. As soon as she wondered where Titan got such levity, Yang burst into the door carrying food with a smile on her face. In that instant the whole room lit up and Ophelia felt wildly out of place in a good way. Taking the ingredients as she was given she sat there with a hardy sandwich and lots of company around. As the others talked with one another she looked down at the food on her plate and thought back to when she felt such warmth around her. Memories of her time at Beacon and with Mrs. Shayama and her friends from prep-school flooded back to her. Tears falling onto the sandwich she began to cry. "I messed up... I'm so sorry. I should have chosen you all...I just I was taught to always chose family...so I did, but I'm just so unhappy..." She said as she began to cry even harder.

Hibiscus Hibiscus KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Jade blinked, a look of confusion crossing her face. Her voice was serious when she said "My dad was doing good last I heard from him, of course that was well over a month ago. I actually haven't heard from him since shortly arriving at the refugee camp. But getting in trouble? He's not really the type. He might make a joke now and then but I wouldn't say he's a trouble maker. From what I've heard that mostly your department. As for me, the only trouble I get in is whatever Phoenix and Titan manage to drag me into". She opted to eat one of the sandwiches as the others talked

Her expression softened as Ophelia began to cry. Poking her in the forehead Jade said softly "Hey now. You're in the wrong room for those kinds of regrets. There's nothing to be sorry for. Of course you should always pick family first. We all make mistakes. From what I've heard, those two made plenty when they were our age" she said, indicating Ruby and Yang.

"No more sad talk! No more tears! Now we feast. Then we can cry and plan all we want about what happens here with us. Ruby. Yang. Could you guys tell us how things have been going? Here and with the others? Unlike you guys and the Schnee kids, my scroll isn't made for long range so I've kinda been out of loop."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back