• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Grimm Hunter (An RWBY X Monster Hunter Crossover)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Cassie

As Cassie paced through the hallways after Oakris, she couldn't help but notice Curly hugging a very heartfelt Sonora and comforting her like a pro. The scene led her to question her first impressions on the delay. This doesn't look at all like they were just fooling around! Shaa either clearly missed something important that happened there or he hid a few details of the story from them. She felt like she needed to help somehow, but didn't really know how to, so she decided to address that after the Odogaron issue was solved.
Once she reached the baby monster, the screaming boy glanced at Cassie's red hair and called for her:
"Phyrra! A little hand here?"
Cassie raised a confused eyebrow but eventually moved in closer to try and help.

Peter

Peter entered the scene just alongside Glynda. The Odogaron stopped dead in its tracks upon seeing the Beacon professor and made a run straight for her, passing by Cassie, Oakris and Shaa along the way. Once it reached her, the baby monster dropped the sword and sheath from its mouth and playfully pushed it towards her with its snout.
"What's going on, Jaune?" Peter asked. "Is this Cardin's work again?" Cardin's bullying left Peter as mad as any other, but he was a firm believer that his colleague would never learn if he didn't stand up for himself.
"I... Don't want to talk about it." Jaune commented, still puffing and sweating. As he approached he took notice of the foreigners and stared at both wide-eyed. "Wait... You're not Phyrra!"
"That's very observant of you." Cassie replied dryly. "Whoever this Phyrra might be."
"And why is this cat standing upright?" Jaune kept on asking. "I must have hit my head somewhere!"
Peter answered with a loud and warm laugh; only rarely did JNPR's bumbling leader fail to make his day a little better.

nimona nimona Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Lunar Rose Lunar Rose

Last edited:
"C... Curly... You don't have to do this... I get bullied like that every day. I... I hide it because I don't want you guys worrying about me... Just... Just go... I need to be alone for a while... Come get me when we are ready." Sonora said as she covered her face, and her ears dropped down, her tail wrapped around her waist. She did want to be alone, but at the same time, she was screaming internally for help.

"That's not Pyrrha! That's Cassie!" Oakris exclaimed as she watched the blonde boy ask about her. "I've always stood upright, it's just the felynes here are lazy, and use all four legs." She added, referring to the common housecats and feral cats in the alleys. "And the big red Odogaron did not mean any harm, he just wanted to play!" she said as she scratched under the Odogaron's chin, which caused his tail to wag furiously.

Cassie

After the second Odogaron Crysis was averted, Glynda sent Jaune to his room and led our team of heroes towards the airship's hangar. It was a massive building with a concave ceiling, bustling with pilots and engineers scrambling in every direction to keep the constant flow of airships coming and going. Amongst it all, there laid a small, yet sturdy turtle-wing airship already set up. It was their transport waiting for their arrival. Asher was by the ship already and silently joined the group.
Despite keeping a serious face, Cassie couldn't help but be impressed by everything the people there had managed to build. That's why, when she saw all the students rounding up behind her, she was greeted with an almost forgotten feeling of safety.

Peter

Peter was getting hyped up about the mission; seeing all people pacing around the hangar reassured him of the importance and size of that job. Glynda rounded up everyone to say a few final words to them:
"List up closely, youngsters. Due to the urgent nature of this threat and the preparations for the upcoming Vytal festval, all we can offer to help you is a field researcher who volunteered to help; she's waiting for you aboard the ship. You'll be representing Beacon's aid in Astera until we can spare more reinforcements, so I expect from you nothing less than the maturity and professionalism of a graduated huntsman. I want you to focus on keeping the inhabitants safe and sound, so don't expose yourselves to unnecessary danger. Do you have any questions?" Peter rose his hand. "Yes, Peter?"
"How much are we getting paid for this?"
"Any... Real questions?"

nimona nimona Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Lunar Rose Lunar Rose

curly
as curly walked with the others she thought back on her conversation with Sonora. she'd told her that shed let her be alone for a while, but that they'd talk about it later. she wants her feel better. she was taken out of her thoughts when glynda started talking and after listing to her and peters one question she asked "who's the researcher?" she wondered this as the only one she knew of that would come with them in this situation would be her mother but she was in atlas last she checked and she doubted that they'd been able to get her down here in such little time. and then she heard someone familiar. "well, well, well, what do we have here?" you turn and see you mom walking towards your group. you run up and hug her and reply "mom! what are you doing here?" "well kiddo as i'm sure glynda here's told ya you've got a single researcher with you for this trip, and it's me! and before you ask how i got here so fast, i was already in town coming ta visit you. so from what my report says, i'm guessing that that our new friends here are gonna need an introduction. ahem, The reputation of Team Tmmw echoes far and wide. When they talk about its bad-ass leader - the woman of indomitable mind, body, and soul- they're talking about me! The mighty Momorin!"

shaa D. mancen
as shaa watched every thing happen all he could think was, 'oh no... SHE's back. the duo of cheesy terror are together again.'

yukari
as yukari was starting to feel as if she was making progress on figuring out something on the strange devices of the light, she felt a wave of sheer... the only word that came to mind was sheer manliness. but she had no idea what that word meant. she'll have to keep an eye out. she also noticed in her gaps that the lights were about to leave using one of the large flying contraptions. so gathering everything into the carrying sacks that the gadget light's group had with them, she took off with the gap keeping track of the lights following her with the rest dispelling. she'll finally find the beast. or at least make some progress...

Sonora walked up to the group, and saw Momorin was there. "Oh hi! I did not know you would be helping us!" She said nervously as she scratched the back of her head. She had no Idea a researcher would be accompanying them on their journey, but hey, it would give the people of Remnant a chance to learn of some new monsters, if the woman chose to write a book in her findings.

A large and burly man, standing at 6 feet tall, walked on up to the group, leaving is motorbike parked at the front of the school. "Hey kiddo, I heard you were leavin' town." The man said as sonora jumped a couple inches in the air. "Daddy! You came!" She shouted happily as she tackle hugged him, but did not bring him down to the ground. "Hohoho! Easy there, you nearly knocked me down! Now, where are these Foreigners I keep hearing about?" He said, completely looking over Cassie, and saw Oakris. "Whoah... That is definitely not from here..." The man said as he walked up to the cat.

"Nyaa... You are so buff! You would make the guys a home Jealous!" Oakris shouted as she saw Sonora's father walk up to her. She did not expect a man of his build to be Sonora's dad. "Cassie! Look at his muscles!" she exclaimed, looking at Cassie, forgetting why they were there to begin with.

The man laughed, and looked at the girl just dressed in a T-Shirt and jeans. "You must be the other one. The name's Magnus Roja, I am Sonora's father." He said with a smile as he extended his hand to shake Cassie's. nimona nimona CapRock CapRock Chayliel Chayliel Lunar Rose Lunar Rose

Peter

Peter was always ecstatic to see Curly's mom when she visited; Momorin was obviously a personal idol of his, having created the most beautiful piece of tech in human history. Having her join the expedition was like a dream coming true. He went right past Sonora's dad to talk to the scientist:
"Ms. Momorin, I can't believe you're coming with us!" He opened his semblance's portal and asked: "If it's not too much to ask, would you please take a look at my weapons? I know they probably won't be very impressive to you, but I mean to get better someday!"

Cassie

On the meantime, big-mouthed scientists didn't spark much of an interest in Cassie, but Magnus was a different story. That man clearly was on a whole different level from the other hunters she'd met there and she was a bit disappointed that he didn't seem to be joining them. Oakris wasn't kidding about her statement either; even the buffest hunters back in Astera were no match for this man. Magnus laughed loudly, presented himself and extended his hand to her.
"C-Cassie Sterling... At your service."
Cassie couldn't believe when she heard herself stuttering. Her hand held his rather softly and she felt a bit of heat rushing to her cheeks. She wished dearly that she still had her armor to hide behind, but alas, it was too late now. I'm probably going to have a lot of explaining to do to Sonora later. B-but I can't help it! ...He's kinda hot.

nimona nimona Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Chayliel Chayliel Lunar Rose Lunar Rose

Last edited:
"Nice to meet you, Ms. Sterling. You and your furry friend are the foreigners everyone keeps talking about. I would have never expected anyone this... Eccentric... If you will." Magnus said as he then looked at Oakris. "What a peculiar feline..." He muttered. "Madame Goodwitch, if I may, I would like to join the group on their excursion." He said as he awaited her response, if she were to accept his request, then he would return to his motorcycle, and grab his Ballistic Fists that are hiding in the seat.

"U... Uh... Mister... My name is O... Oakris... And I am purrleased to make your acquaintance. But Astera is a dangerous place outside its walls... Are you sure you want to go?" Oakris asked the man, who was sure of himself when making such a request.

Sonora's ears dropped down, and she began to blush as she shook nervously. "My own father... Offering to go with us to uncharted lands... Is he crazy... Or is it something else?" She thought as she hid her worry well. "Y... Yeah... My dad is stronger than an Ursa Major... I am sure he can do it." Her voice sounded shakey, but sure of her word.

curly
"well i am... your sonora correct? heh, curly's told me she looks up to you, you know? so ya better keep it up. and you, you must be peter, man i'd love to! we can do it during the flight." as mom talked to her teammates, curly looked at sonora's father. after he asked glynda to come as well she asked "hello sir, i'm curly, so since your thinking on coming with us i wanna ask, whats your semblance?" as you asked this mom turned towards him and asked "well, so your sonora's father huh? well i hope we'll get along during the trip."
shaa D. mancen
as everyone else talked about with each other, you decided to get into the turt-wing as soon as possible so as to avoid the duo of cheesy terror.

Cassie

"That would be much appreciated, actually." Glynda answered. "I feel much safer knowing the children will have a someone like you to watch over them." She then looked over to the team and said: "And you, listen to Magnus' commands or I'll have you all expelled from Beacon!"
Cassie was a bit calmer now and resenting her inappropriate reaction from just then; she was just very glad no one commented over it. She turned over to talk to Sonora but there was someone on her way.

Peter

"Really! That's amazing!" Peter answered to Curly's mother. "I'll grab all my toys as soon as we take off!"
Unfortunately for Peter, Momorin only said 'during the flight' so that meant he'd had to wait for that to happen first. Thing was, he was really wishing to talk about weapons at that very moment. Afraid to sound too clingy with Momorin, he went for the second best person:
"Hey... Cassie, right? Cassie Sterling?" She looked back at him as if she was trying to make out if he was retarded or not, but it wasn't enough to deter Peter: "Can you show me your weapon for a bit? I've got to admit I am a bit curious as to how it works."
"Oh, that?" Learning the subject of the conversation seemed to calm Cassie down a bit. "I see no problem. Here you go."

nimona nimona Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Lunar Rose Lunar Rose Chayliel Chayliel

"I... I am." Sonora was a little reluctant, but she answered, and was shocked to find out that Curly looked up to her. "I... I don't know what to say... In all honesty." she really did not know what to say. She had no idea that such an innocent girl like Curly looked up to her, of all people. "Why me? Of all the better people to look up to, why... Me? Maybe she sees something that I do not...? No. How can she see anything good in me? Maybe she is that naive, or maybe she really does... See good in me..." She thought to herself. How had she lost her confidence this badly? In her 1st year, she was as confident as a businessman making a deal. Now, she is as insecure as a computer without a password.

"I am. And I hope we get along as well." Magnus said as he crossed his arms, and looked at Curly. "Why, young lady. My semblance is much better experienced when you see it in action. So you may have to wait a while." He listens to Glynda's words, and chuckled. Always so harsh and uptight. "Now, Ms. Goodwitch, let's not be so rash. They know better than to disobey when a command is issued. Afterall, they would not be standing here if they did not obey at all, and be 6 feet underground, or grimm food."

Peter

Peter first took a good look at Cassie's charge blade; as soon as he had a weapon in hand, his posture changed quite a bit from simple and relax to precise movements that searched the weapon for every nook cranny and lever he could find. In a matter of seconds, he understood how to place and activate phials, and he found out about the axe mode not long after.
"This is... Impressive!" Peter said while he examined it. "Your weapons have a completely different mechanism that doesn't seem to rely on Dust at all... Instead, it uses these little things." He examined a phial up close, completely mesmerized by its shine. "Our tech is even more different than I expected!"

Cassie

Cassie was beggining to feel entretained by Peter's methodic examination so when he commented about the tech, she decided to play along:
"Well, you sure do a lot of strange things with that Dust of yours... But I think we got you beat when it comes to armor. I mean, what is this even supposed to do in a battle?" She asked while holding the sleeve of her t-shirt.
"What do you need armor for?" Peter replied. "It'll slow you down for no good reason. Just use your aura!"
"Aura...?" Cassie tilted her head a bit, not understanding the meaning of it.
After staring at her like she just asked him 'what is gravity', Peter took a deep breath and proceeded to give her an honest explanation about aura, semblances and dust. By the time he finished Cassie was so shocked she couldn't even articulate a proper answer and just nodded with a focused expression.

"You'd be surprised, Mr. Roja." Glynda answered. "At any rate, your transport is waiting for you, and so are the people in the other continent. Have a safe travel!" She added to them with a wave.

nimona nimona Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Chayliel Chayliel

curly
"heh, your 'toys' peter?" replied to him before glynda spoke up. after she finished mom turned to us, and said "theirs one last thing i'd like to show before we head off. come out penny!" as mom said that you turned around and found your sister penny coming towards the group. "shes coming with us as my assistant alright." mom tells your teammates. you squeal "yes! penny's here two!" as penny joins your group before you enter the turt-wing together.
yukari
you soon arrive at the big-lights fake flyer and sneak into an area that seems to be holding the thing's of the lights. you hide away behind a large light shaped gadget and prepare for the journey ahead.

"Before we go, allow me to get something from my bike." Magnus stated as he walked over to his motorcycle, and opened a container on the side, and took out 2 gauntlets with barrels attacthed to them. He then puts them on, and smiled as he felt the feeling of power in him. "Don't worry, you will see some action soon." He said as he walked back, and into the turtwing.

Sonora knew her father does not go anywhere without his Ballistic fists. Being a former gangster, you could never be too careful. Sonora was going to ask him if he was sure, but knew better than to even question it, since she knew it would be to watch her, and make sure she is safe. She walked aboard the Turt wing, and sat down.

Oakris looked in awe at the massive air craft, and slowly walked on inside. "This is so cool! I have never seen anything like it!" she exclaimed as she looked around, the design was not much to anyone who has seen it, but to Oakris, it was a marvel to behold.

Peter

Peter was always happy to greet Curly's sisters; even if he only had eyes for her, he really enjoyed talking to Penny. As they boarded the aircraft, he turned to her and said:
"What's up, Penny! Sit next to me and Dr. Momorin, I wanna know all that happened to you while we talk over my babies." He decided to change the nickname of his weapons after Momorin's remark. He opened his portal once again and started to pull out his weapons one by one, giving excited and verbose explanations to each and every one of them. His 'weapon nut' mode had been activated, and there was no stopping him now.

Cassie

"Wait, Peter, don't go! I still have questions!" But Peter was already busy with Momorin. She was still trying to absorb all that information she had just been given. How could no hunter back in Astera even know of such a useful skill? There probably was a reason for it, she just couldn't think of a good one for now.
As she entered the airship she was just as impressed as Oakris with its insides. She turned to the Palico and said:
"It's true, I've never seen anything like it, either. It's almost scary what the people can do here." She sat next to Sonora and waited for the ship to take off. "We have a lot of things to report to the commander when we get back."

Damian

Hours later, a tall and gloomy figure paced through the streets of City of Vale. He was busy on some family matters, as one usually is, but that didn't stop him from occasionally eavesdropping on some conversations. In that particular case, it was a bunch of Beacon students, with a blonde kid talking:
"So yeah, I was being chased by this huge monster that didn't look like a Grimm at all, that Cardin released to chase me. And then I thought I saw you, Phyrra, but it was just this foreigner red-headed girl. Later Glynda told me her name was Cassie Sterling and she..." At that point Damian immediately turned to team JNPR and snatched Jaune in the air by his collar, putting him against a wall and asking:
"What did you say was her name!?"
"Hey, weirdo, back off!" Nora took out her hammer and stared menacingly at Damian. Phyrra got her weapons out as well and was too furious to even speak.
"Nobody move or I snap his neck!" Damian warned. Once he confirmed they had taken his threat seriously, he turned back to Jaune. "I asked you a simple question, brat."
"C-Cassie Sterling..." Jaune said. "L-look, I don't know anything about it, you'd have to ask Ozpin or Glynda if you really want to know!"
"Jaune!" Phyrra complained as he spilled out all the beans.
"W-whoops, I guess I said too much..." He added.
"No, you said just enough." Damian said. "Now scram."
Damian then dropped Jaune from the wall and walked away, blending back into the crowd. Phyrra held Jaune up and asked:
"Jaune, are you ok?" Jaune nodded.
"What the hell is wrong with that guy?" Asked Nora.
"I don't know." Jaune answered. "But when he was staring at me, his eyes weren't angry... Just really, really sad. I think we should let him be."

nimona nimona Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Once everyone was loaded into the Turt-Wing, the pilot started the engines up. "This is TW 001, preparing for liftoff. All passengers loaded." The pilot said as he flipped switches and pulled and pushed levers. The aircraft then lifted off the ground, and followed a route that Glynda and Ozpin had given him. "Cassie Sterling and Oakris, you are needed in the Cockpit." the pilot announced as he then made some adjustments to the engines and such, to allow for a comfortable flight.

"Cassie, the man flying this thing needs us! Let's go!" Oakris exclaimed as she went into the cockpit, where she saw the pilot walk in before. CapRock CapRock nimona nimona

-TIME-SKIP-
the group heads out the airship towords the land of talking cats! here's what happens during the trip
curly
during the trip, curly relaxed with everyone and had fun watching the loony toon antics of shaa and magnus. over the trip she also, gained 2 new Memories from trial and error. the one who lost it's soul, and the one who protected paradise.
shaa D. mancen
shaa over the 3-day flight repeatedly tried to repeatedly grope cassie, and attempting to grope sonora but being dissuaded by magnus.
yukari
during the stowaways flight in the cargo bay, she learn't about how her powers weren't just the portals but boundry manipulation, and through some trial and error, used it to help her figure out some things. 1. the glowing gadget is called a scroll, and she knows the basics of using it now. 2. she learn't how to read, at a beginner level, and 3. she learn't that using her powers to learn things is very painful.
momorin
over the three day trip, momorin went and socialized with magnus on parenting tips and talked shop with peter and helped him with designs for new drill gauntlets
prototype penny
during the 3 day trip, penny got to know all of her sisters friends and got some needed socialization, people who were not family
cassie
over the flight, cassie along with oakris, helped the pilot fly to there destination.
sonora
over the flight sonora had a good time just relaxing and talking about, though she was surprised shaa hadn't tried to grope her yet, though he and her dad were acting funny. she also found some new sets of underwear in her stuff.
peter
Peter during the trip spent most of his time with momorin, talking shop and doing some draft on drill gauntlets with her help.
oakris
over the flight, oakris along with cassie, helped the pilot fly to there destination.
magnus
over the ride magnus enjoys the flight and the antics of the kids around him. he was also amused at the MANY ways shaa tried to grope his daughter, and every time he stopped the pervert.

As the Turt Wing landed, the entirety of Astera gathered, staring in awe at the metal flying contraption. "What is that?! It is surely not of guild design! Even us at the Second Fleet are not THIS advanced!" The Second Fleet Master shouted as the commander and Admiral stared on, and saw a furry little friend that they are familiar with. "Is that... Oakris!? They actually did it!" The commander shouted with glee.

"We are home cassie! Everyone came to see us!" The felyne exclaimed with joy as she ran up to the commander and Admiral and saluted them. "We brought some friends home! They wanted to help us with our Meownster problem. And the best part is, They are experts with the new meownsters! Just like we are with the meownsters of the New World!" the cat enthusiastically pointed to the group getting out of the aircraft. "Is that so? They look like a bunch of children chaperoned by two actual adults." The Admiral muttered, before realizing that one of them has a Hunting Horn on their back. "That girl... She has a Hunting Horn." The admiral was confused on how such a... Wierd looking girl got a hold of the weapon in question.

"Save your questions, we are being rude." The commander said as he stepped forward to the group. "Cassie, Oakris. Welcome back to Astera. You have completed your task of finding those who are willing to help us with our "problem", so to speak. We commend you for taking the initiative of going to uncharted territory, and succeeding. As for your friends, on behalf of everyone here, I welcome you as guests of Astera. This is where we of the Research Commission call home, researching monsters the endemic life daily. As you may already know, we have a situation we need your assistance with, and in turn, we may extend a hand of friendship to your people after this is over." he put his arms behind his back, and took a deep breath. "Now, with whom do I have the honor of meeting?"

"I am Sonora Roja, and a third year student of Beacon Academy of Vale City." Sonora said with a sheepish smile, her ears going down out of nervousness. The biologists began to draw a sketch of her, with ears up, and ears down, and began talking among themselves at their pile of books. "It is a pleasure to meet you and your people sir, and I hope we can eliminate your Grimm problem." Grimm? The Commander was shocked at the name, but kept his composure. "I am Magnus Roja, the Father of Sonora, and a trained fighter. I plan on making the most of our time here." Magnus said with a confident smile. The many male hunters were jealous of the newcomer's muscles, even the admiral himself was a bit bummed out at the newcomer. CapRock CapRock nimona nimona

Cassie

Cassie was relieved and satisfied to see herself back home; the people were utterly amazed to see her not only succeeding at what seemed to be an impossible mission but also bringing a teammate back from it, along with some friends. It was the first time in years they looked upon her with respect, but still, it all felt a rather bad taste in her mouth and she wasn't sure why. Isn't this all that she wanted? Shaking hands with the commander and receiving his commends. Having the people who despised her suddenly looking up to her again. Finding people who helped her and who trusted her, even. After getting all of that, why couldn't she finally be happy?
But this wasn't the moment to adress that. After greeting the commander, Cassie turned to the Admiral and asked:
"Is Gamora back from her mission yet? I believe I might have a... Partner here who was really looking forward to see her again." The word 'partner' was a bit hard for her to say, but she felt like it was the least that Oakris deserved after all the Palico had done for her in that trip.

Peter

"Pleasure to meet you, sir! I'm Peter Russet." He greeted. "This is such an amazing town you have here! I can't even imagine how you built these. " It was now clear for Peter exactly why Cassie had such a problem with cars; the technology here was severely behind to what they had back in Vale. It was truly impressive that they'd been able to battle such terrifying monsters with such simple tools availible. "We'll be sending more help soon enough, but for now we should be enough to at least keep your huntsman safe. I think both sides have a lot to gain from this friendship, really." With those words, Peter hoped to be mentally preparing the Comission to the moment when they would ask for their help back in Vale again. Better to take it slow, or else they'll think that we're just doing this out of desperation.

curly
after letting sonora, and peter introduce themselves you step up and do the same "i am curly brace, the first en-souled robot huntress, and i extend greeting from atlas and vale. my two partners here have, already stated our mission here, so for now i do not have anything else to say." as you say this you extend your arm out for a handshake. behind curly momorin and penny were surprised at how professional she was acting. when shaa spoke up she was knocked out of her shock and when he finished he stepped forward and spoke "i am momorin brace, and i too extend greetings from atlas. i am one of atlas's best in the subjects of zoology and the greatest along with gepetto polendina, in robotics. this here here is penny polendina, the first en-souled robot, and my assistant and the sister of curly. i am here to learn more of the creatures that live here as some have started to migrate into the areas around atlas, menagerie, vale, and mistral."
shaa D. mancen
after letting curly do her surprisingly professional greeting, you turn to the leader and introduce yourself "hello, i am Shaa Duece mancen, though most just call me shaa. i am the team leader of team SSCP, and hope that we can help you as much as possible during our stay here" as you let momorin speak you revel in satisfaction that you took those extra team leader course that was available in your second year.
yukari
as you felt the fake flyer land, you used your gaps to sneak back out of the ship and start your way through the town as you try to get a layout so you can use your gaps to leave.
???
~"sir, it seems that huntsmen have been sent to the target location, what should we do?"~ the voice said over an intercom. a grayed hand pressed the button on it and spoke "send out the last of the demon bird grimm towards the town, along with MAG unit: torture" the voice on the intercom replied ~"sir yes sir!"

"You're a robot!?! What's a robot!?!" Oakris exclaimed as she was shocked at the revelation. "I thought you were a regular person with really tight armor!"

"That's enough Oakris!" The commander said firmly. "It is a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances, but enough of the introductions, for now, we have work to do. I have a few hunters on expeditions looking for these... Grimm, as you all call them, in question. We need to find out why they are here, and how they got here. With your expertise on them, I am sure we can get this accomplished. Now, I need you all to report to the Second Fleet Master for our standard gear that all hunters have. Later on we will give you all specialized tools to help with this task, should any of our resident monsters cross your path." The commander said as the Admiral looked at Cassie. "Gamora has been on an expedition ever since you and oakris left. She did say she would return today." The admiral said with a sigh. Gamora was really determined to find something, but did not know what to look for.

At the Canteen, Gamora had just landed after unhooking her Slinger from the harness of a Wingdrake. She saw a massive crowd of people surrounding a group of newcomers. And she saw cassie and Oakris too. She kept quiet, and started making her way down. Once at the docks, the commander and the Admiral look at her with a smile. "MEOWSTER!!" Oakris shouted as she pounced on Gamora, who was not ready for it. "I missed you so much!!" "I missed you too Oakris... I was beginning to worry about you and Cassie." Gamora said as she got up, and rubbed Oakris' head. "Thanks, Cassie. You have completely earned my trust." She said with a smile, a tear running down her face.

"Have you found anything?" The commander asked as he was handed a slim, tube like container. "I found that our invaders turn to ash when they die, So we cannot carve for materials. And I have found that they are not what the Hunter described at all. They are like half man, half wolf, and they can stand on 2 legs, but move on 4 legs for faster travel." The commander and Admiral were stunned by these findings, and began taking notes. "What did they look like?" "The ones I found looked like this." She grabbed out her journal, provided by the Commission to record findings and such. A picture of a wolf like creature standing on 2 legs was shown, and one of the Wyverian Biologists spoke. "May we see it? We are recording everything to update the Monster list." Gamora obliged, and the Biologists were horrified. "What is that thing?" "one of them said it was a grimm." "that can't be it! The grimm was used as a classification!"

"ENOUGH!!" The commander shouted as he sighed. "Anything else?" "Y... Yes sir. I found some really hot blue fur while in the Elder's recess. It was hotter than even Teostra's fur. So I am thinking it is either a sub species, or a new elder dragon entirely." Blue fur, how curious. The commander thought for a minute, and a hunter in old Rathian armor, with a Rathian Longsword spoke. "That is Lunastra's fur. Lunastra is the mate of Teostra. She must be here to mate with Teostra, or it is because her time is coming." the Huntsman said as gamora gasped. "We need to do more research on Lunastra, while finding out more about our invaders. Now, Gamora and Cassie, I need you two to take our group to the Smithy, to acquire Hunter's standard Equipment. And you two and Oakris come back here once you drop them off there. Dismissed!" The commander exclaimed with authority. nimona nimona CapRock CapRock

Cassie

Several things happened in quick succession as Cassie spoke to the admiral. First of all, Curly presented herself as an 'en-souled robot', which was a term she'd never heard in her life, but sounded terribly ominous.
She would have to talk about it later, tough; Gamora had managed to come back just shortly after their arrival. She watched with amusement and plenty of nostalgia as Oakris pounced on Gamora. Delfos used to do this all the time too, now that I think about it. As she heard Gamora's remark, she added:
"If I'm going to be honest here, Oakris protected me more than the other way around. She's definitely a keeper." She wanted to thank Gamora for the trust, but the words simply failed to come out in the end.
Cassie listened to Gamora's report attentively. So the invaders are the same as the ones we've found just after landing. And on top of that, Lunastra itself is coming upon us... We need to make a move, and we need to do it fast.
"Right away, sir."
She made a quick nod forward to the others and guided them to the smithy.

Peter

"You must be Gamora. I'm Peter Russet, nice to meet you!" Peter extended a hand to greet her. At the very least he was glad she didn't seem as rude as her red-headed friend. "Guess we're working together now."
Peter followed Cassie all the way to the smithy. Everything so far had been fine and all, but this... This was what he really wanted to see. He felt right at home with the fiery flames of the furnace licked his face and the sounds of hammering on metal whispered to his ears. The days when he worked on a place like this were truly the height of his life and he had several questions to the smithy, very few of which had to do with the mission:
"So... You must be the guy who handles the weapons and armor here, right? What do you use for temper? Do you work with multi-layered blades? What grade of steel do you use here?"
"Steel?" The Smithy asked with a chuckle. "Well, I guess we use some of that. But for the most part, it's much better to use remains of the monsters."
Peter's pupils almost doubled as he head that. "Remains of... Monsters...?" He asked back. His mind was barely able to process that. He felt like he was a kid again, looking up to the mysterious muscled man passing at this town and asking him how did he 'make the cool weapons' like he did 12 years ago.
"So, Gamora, what should I get them?" The Smithy asked.

As our team of heroes left for the Smithy, however, one figure remained there. It was a pale, black-haired woman wearing a Chinese dress and very large pupils. The hunter in old Rathian armor felt something was wrong about it, so he grabbed her by the arm and asked:
"Miss, are you with them? Pardon me, but you don't look much like the rest of them and they didn't seem to account for you. Where are you going?"

curly
at oakris's exclamation, curly just pat them on the the head and said "a robot is a artificial being, and an en-souled one is simply a robot that has a soul" after the guy that she supposed was there commander finished speaking she was about to reply before shaa put a hand on her shoulder and gave his own reply. as oakris and gamora reunited, she couldn't help but aww at the heartwarming scene. as the native scientist's speculated over the grimm they found, you step forward, and said to them "well, of course it turned to dust, all grimm do." she then peeked at the picture and continued "and that seems to be a alpha beowolf, there are many types of grimm, including beowolfs, boarbatusk's, nevermore's, and more." her mother then walked to them and said "i'll stay with these guys and pass on our knowledge of the grimm to them, you guys go ahead and penny stay with me okay" mom then turned back to the scientist as penny replied "affirmative" your group then continued on to the forges and like usual in a forge, he got lost in talking shop. then after they guy mentioned monster remain's used for crafting, peter's eye's seemed to light up like a kid in a candy shop as they say.
shaa D. mancen
after you introduced the group you stayed silent till they talked about weapons then after stilling curly said "even though we have our own weapon's we will gladly take you up on your offer... just be prepared for peter to start bugging you on your crafting techniques." after that you stay silent.
yukari
as she tried to sneak away yukari found herself caught by a guy in old dead stuff. as he asked his question's she quickly used her border control to go from un-knowledgeable of English to knowledgeable of English. ignoring the ensuing headache she replied "sorry, i wasn't paying attention, and didn't realize we were going somewhere specific lead the way" as she said this yukari hoped they bought it since she knew in the town full of protector lights, no warriors, she'd stand no chance at leaving alive, even with her powers. as the man pointed her in the direction where the group supposedly went she walked that way, till she reached them, staying at the back of the group, hoping to all ends that no one noticed her.
emu's and torture
as you and the demon birds were dropped off, near the town, but out of sight you started to walk there with your shotgun in hand your force yourself not to start shooting the things as you know your not allowed to as there to weaken the enemy first, and shooting any yourself would give you away and ruin your element of surprise. oh well, you may get to kill one once the attack officially starts.

"I am. Nice to meet you, peter." Gamora said as she shook his hand. Gamora looked at Casie "she definitely is. She was never like this when she first became my palico..." Gamora sstopped. She then took the group to the Smithy, with Cassie and Oakris. The smithy and Peter spoke, until the boy's eyes lit up about the materials they use to forge. "Yeah, we carve materials off of monster corpses, or monsters we have killed, and turn them into weapons and armor. Lemme get another weapon for you to see." She went to her item box outside the smithy, and grabbed her Gunlance made from Pink Rathian parts, named Rose Burst. She walked back in, and turned to flaunt the weapon on her back. "take a close look at the material on my weapon, and you'll see it is a shell off of a monster." gamora then heard the Smithy's question, and replied "give them all Slingers, and whatever mantles you can make for them. They will need them. Elemental mantles are priority, so make those first."

Sonora was amazed by the way this place was built, the people, some of them stood out though. Thise biologists were short, looked really old, and had long ears. What were they? Some kind of Faunus? She looked at Magnus, and could not help but smile as her father lookes around like a kid in a toy store. "What a day. And we are getting some new equipment too. How cool is that?"

Magnus chuckled. He could not help but feel alive as he looked around the new place they are in. "It is amazing, sweetie. Now, let's see their blacksmith, they want us to have some of the equipment they have." he said as they went into the Workshop, where peter and the smithy were conversing. nimona nimona CapRock CapRock

Last edited:
Cassie

"Understood." The smithy answered. Before he left, he turned to Cassie and asked: "Can I get you anything else? That piece of cloth there won't help you much."
"I'm fine." Cassie said, giving a look to her own clothes. She was now wearing a coat/hoodie hybrid over her t-shirt and pants, a special present from Curly, but it was still a lot less protective than what she was used to wearing on a mission. "I'm trying out something new."

- -​
On the day before during the trip, Cutly helped Cassie unlock her own aura and she got to test it; Peter swung one of his Thunderfangs at her and she tried to block it with her bare hand; she managed to do it, but an orange pulse flashing through her body indicated her whole aura had been used on it.
"Hm..." Peter said. "A little weak, even for a newbie aura, but I'm sure you can improve it with some training. How does it feel?"

- -​

She never did answer that question properly but, ever since she unlocked her aura, Cassie was starting to feel slightly feverish. She decided not to tell anyone about it because it didn't seem important enough to warrant their worry. Instead, she turned back to the exit and said:
"Gamora, we probably should head back to the Commander. He seemed to have something important to..." She stopped, having just realized there was a strange black-haired woman following them since who knows when. Whoever she was, it wasn't a monster and it certainly wasn't from Astera. A Stowaway...? Cassie stared at her and said: "And who the hell are you supposed to be?"

Peter

Peter examined Gamora's weapon very carefully. The material on it surely was organic, but it seemed to be as hard and sturdy as high-grade steel, maybe even better - and that's not to talk about the elemental infusion job on it, again using something completely different from Dust. he noticed Magnus approaching and talked to him:
"Have you seen their equipment, Mr. Roja? It makes our steel look pretty tame by comparison." He was too entertained by everything around him to notice Cassie and Yukari interacting. They'd probably scream if they needed him, he figured.

Last edited:
curly
as gamora requested there new stuff curly asked "what are slingers? and mantles?" after listening to her answer, curly looked back towards Cassie as she looked over at what seemed to be a VERY pale and sickly raven faunus. from her tone of voice she could guess she wasn't from around here so she cold only think of one thing "huh. stowaway"
shaa D. mancen
when curly and cassie mention a stowaway you turnaround to find that yes there was a stowaway. after hearing there excuse and then the shot ring out, you decide to take lead "curly, peter, sonora, you guys go attack the grim and whoever fired that shot, cassie, me and you will round up the civilians and keep them safe alright? oh and yukari, if you can fight go help group 1 and stay with peter, if you can't stay behind me and cassie with the other civvies."
yukari
welp. you've been caught, better hope you can pull an excuse out of your ass and hope to everything it works. "i'm yukari. i honestly don't know how i got here, i just woke up in the ship's cargo hold and wondered out. one of the guys here told me to follow you." good one yukari, that'll definitely work. after you finish thinking that, a loud bang rings out and you turn to see a giant figure with two bloody spikes in his head with a large spread pain shoot- shotgun which he fires at the guy who found you. surrounding the giant are a large amount of your breatherin, but you have never seen any like them... they are mockery's of your old form! after the leader one tells you to go with the one named peter, you stay beside the one indicated as peter after taking the thing known as a gun out of your bag and using your border manipulation to learn how to use it. the headache is certainly going to keep you up tonight.
emu's and torture
you have arrived, and after shooting a random dude, you start your search for your main targets, killing any in your path. and one of the demon birds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back