• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern RP Cravings! (Doubling Preferred)

Xylona

ur not a ghost, i'm not afraid of u
What's up, dudes! I'm Xy, and today I bring to you, ANOTHER 1x1 search thread full of wonders and surprises. Now, I know what you're thinking, "What on Earth are you craving this time, Xy?" Well, read on!

*I am constantly adding to this list!

~ I only write multi-para replies, no one liners (:
~ I love doubling, because I love being able to play both genders. It's not necessary, but I really, REALLY want to.

Usually I'm on the hunt for something fantasy-like, or relating to some fandom or other. I'm actually starting to mix it up a little. I watched a show on Netflix recently called Alias Grace, which takes place during the mid-1800's and is based on the true story of Grace Marks. I'm sure a lot of you don't know who that is at all, so I'm just gonna continue. The point is that the show got me very intrigued in the ways of the 19th century.

In a society where your way of life desperately depends on your social class, I thought that some sort of love story during this time would be very interesting. Perhaps a new housemaid living in the keep of a new Master, or a farmhand working for a recently widowed Lady. Highly frowned upon by society, and covering the hardships of the time. These could be based upon gender, social class, wealth, or mere personal affliction. I'm very interested in hearing any plot ideas set in the Victorian era.

I'm a huge fan of angst, so you'll definitely see emotional trends in these plots. For this one I'm envisioning some sort of married pair that is experiencing issues. Perhaps one partner cheated in the past, and the two are trying to save their marriage. Or one one them could be very sick, and we could go through the hardships of the couple dealing with that illness. Drug addiction, distance due to work, etc.

There's a lot of options for this one, and I'd love to brainstorm some ideas together surrounding it. It is more on the serious side, but we could give it our own slice of life touch!

Ah, that green monster. Nobody enjoys feeling jealous. I know that I don't. I do, however, enjoy playing a character who is every once in awhile. Jealousy is a very fun emotion to play with in a roleplay and there's plenty of things that we could do surrounding it.

There's the classic close friend setting, where one is stuck in the friend zone and forced to watch their love interest cycle through countless other dates. Maybe it's their best friend's girlfriend/boyfriend. Some people simply have the worst habit of wanting things that they can't have.

Sometimes the most fun relationships to play out are those that begin with an extreme disliking. After all, the romance isn't satisfying if it's easy! There's nothing better than the heated arguments and sexual tension between a pair that simultaneously love and hate each other.. even if the love part takes awhile to appear.

We could execute this in many ways, such as making two people work together or complete some sort of task regardless of their liking for each other. You often see this type of thing in workplace or even arranged marriage plots. If you like this sort of thing let's work it into a plot together!

I love this plot with a passion. It has a very comical aspect, and leaves TONS of room for character development! You guessed it, it's the flour baby plot. Except the baby isn't flour. It's a robot, that does all the gross things that a baby does.

When two very different teenagers are assigned to take care of said robot for an entire month, things certainly get interesting.

This one is also a favorite. I certainly need some sort of paranormal ship! What's not to love about a dead person loving someone who's perfectly alive?

Perhaps our ghost isn't even from this time period. Or maybe they don't even realise that they're dead. A plot like this could have tons of twists and turns, waiting to be decided by us. (This one can also get pretty angsty, which your homegirl here LOVES, as I already mentioned.)

I love elves. They're my favorite fantasy race. They're so graceful and spirited. Since they're my favorite, naturally I'd want to roleplay with them! Not to mention that I adore medieval settings and most that comes with them. (If you have any other medieval ideas, whether they relate to this particular one or not, THROW THEM AT ME OMG.)

When two childhood friends set out on a hunting trip, things go horribly wrong. They're captured by a neighboring race (to be decided by us) and forced into none other than slavery. This is common for poor unsuspecting elves, and they'd been warned about it since they were children. Naturally, they never thought it'd happen to them. Until now.

Last edited:
My dude, I'd be so very very very very interested in your Fake Parents or Ghostly Love plots. Because on the one hand comedy and teen drama but mostly exhaustion and cuteness, and on the other angst and despair and longing. Both is good. Wheeeze. PM me when you're able and we'll set the thing up.

Hello! ^-^ I'm really interested in your "A Broken Marriage" if you're still looking for partners. I do have potential plot ideas to add onto your idea as well if you would like to hear about them ^^

I'm also a die-hard fan of angst aha.

Hello! I'd be super interested in the broken marriage plot. And since you're interested (and don't want to use the same plot for both pairings?) the jealousy one would be great as well. We can also use the same plot for both paitings - whatever you like! Please let me know here or in PMs if you're interested!

Hi! If you're still looking I'd love to do the love/hate or the fake parents plot! Both seem like they'd be a lot of fun.

I really like the idea of ghostly love plot ;o but tbh I think they’re all great I’d love to rp with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back