Other RP Character Assumption Thread

GrumpySwallow

Four Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I find these fun, and I've gotten some good ideas for my characters through these. Simply post a picture of your RP character and folks can make assumptions, share ideas, or should inspiration strike, write a short story or summary based off the image shared. It could be about anything such as their class, their personality, their hobbies, their voice, favorite dessert, and so on! If you have a character but lack an image, Heroforge might be able to help. You can create your character there and post a screenshot.

To clear things up: This is NOT a guessing game! This isn't to see how close folks can guess as to what your character is about, but a fun little thing where people can share the ideas and impressions they get based only on a visual of another person's character. There is no need to inform people on whether or not their assumptions are correct as that is not the point of this thread.

Rules:

1. Only post an image. Do not provide any information on the character, not even their name!
2. Please put the image behind a spoiler tag to avoid stretching the page.
3. Feel free to make assumptions about any person's character. Don't feel restricted to the poster immediately above you.
4. Please don't be greedy by spam posting your characters. Let other folks be able to share their characters and have assumptions made too!
5. OCs for Fandom RPs are fine as well!
6. No joke posts such as: "Please make assumptions about my character!" (*Posts a picture of Homer Simpson*)

AlarothUnhoodedRP2.png

Last edited:
Ooh! I bet this guy is a gentle giant. He's got a look to his eye like that - I imagine he might not be of very high social status, but works hard to defy expectations, nonetheless. He's tall, he's bulky, and he's the tank, but he would still rather make friends than foes.

I'm also getting hopeless romantic vibes. He just wants someone to hold. And maybe someone to be held by. Mood.

Possible names? Brunn, Björn, Griffith... Henry, weirdly enough. He'd be a good Henry.

I find these fun, and I've gotten some good ideas for my characters through these. Simply post a picture of your RP character, and folks make assumptions based off the image shared. It could be anything such as their class, their personality, their hobbies, their voice, favorite dessert, and so on! If you have a character but lack an image, Heroforge might be able to help. You can create your character there and post a screenshot.

Rules:

1. Only post an image. Do not provide any information on the character, not even their name!
2. Please put the image behind a spoiler tag to avoid stretching the page.
3. Feel free to make assumptions about any person's character. Don't feel restricted to the poster immediately above you.
4. Please don't be greedy by spam posting your characters. Let other folks be able to share their characters and have assumptions made too!
5. OCs for Fandom RPs are fine as well!
6. No joke posts such as: "Please make assumptions about my character!" (*Posts a picture of Homer Simpson*)

Agree that he seems a gentle giant. The face says quiet and spends much time lost in his own thoughts. He's observant and likes traditionally non masculine things like cute things and the smell of baking pastries

I agree as well, he really feels like a gentle giant.

But also, I feel as if he’s a farmer of some sort. I think it’s the shirt that makes me think of it. I get Beauty and the beast vibes as well.

Flamboyant if not gay. Changes moods quick. Emotional. Sometimes sassy. A hopeless romantic.

6wTQFRxpiLJyHuznXa_HAl1UDCg2gY2MyJnCxjcZONT-vSTDy2RszFNl6UrICerFdKcDiJyYP-CpZhl-nPn-Aqi7nRYYQVRdsZ4V8PlQLRv7dF6_RoG6KMCdbuyC4PlIb51WWUftDM3qOWiV001FLvs

I agree as well, he really feels like a gentle giant.

But also, I feel as if he’s a farmer of some sort. I think it’s the shirt that makes me think of it. I get Beauty and the beast vibes as well.

I get the vibe, actually, that they keep to themselves a lot. They're quiet, but not out of anxiety. Rather they just like being in their own world most of the time. Graceful, soft-spoken, yet they know what they want. More than anything I think they just desire a little bit of security in their life.

6wTQFRxpiLJyHuznXa_HAl1UDCg2gY2MyJnCxjcZONT-vSTDy2RszFNl6UrICerFdKcDiJyYP-CpZhl-nPn-Aqi7nRYYQVRdsZ4V8PlQLRv7dF6_RoG6KMCdbuyC4PlIb51WWUftDM3qOWiV001FLvs
Well she seems a bit wary. And I know this is a little bit of an easy guess considering we all RP as a hobby, but I'm gonna guess she had something significant happen to her in her past to make her that way.

I'm imagining that she's the quiet one, but with a temper that no one anticipates. She just wants to mind her own business, and isn't afraid to bite back when someone sticks their nose in.

Well she seems a bit wary. And I know this is a little bit of an easy guess considering we all RP as a hobby, but I'm gonna guess she had something significant happen to her in her past to make her that way.

I'm imagining that she's the quiet one, but with a temper that no one anticipates. She just wants to mind her own business, and isn't afraid to bite back when someone sticks their nose in.
i think..?
Haven’t exactly gotten her bio down quite yet, but knowing me, yes.

She can see supernatural phenomenon and has supernatural powers herself. It turns out she's dead. She's been dead the whole time, and she and the party have been unaware of it! When she gets angry, it's a cold anger.

First thought: Hugbear! As in DnD bugbear, but softie!

Definitely big softie vibes. I could see him being the soft-spoken sweetheart that normally wouldn't hurt anyone, but the moment you insult his passions or harm something he cares about he'll put you through the floor before calmly telling you why that wasn't acceptable. Maybe a baker or owns a bookstore.

Seems like someone who is constantly getting into trouble they are not prepared to handle, needing to flee. The type to con someone thinking there's no way the mark would catch on, just to end up fleeing town when said mark comes for their blood the next day

And now, my submission!

Ooooh, I'm getting oni vibes! Japanese, a villain but a very charismatic and maybe even elegant one. Possibly seems like more of a trickster good guy or neutral party at first before revealing exactly how dangerous he is? Calm and pretty voice that he probably never raises (or almost never). If he snaps it's either an "oh god watch out" situation or an indication that he's losing control over the situation and the good guys might be about to win (like a fatal flaw, he's-getting-sloppy sort of thing).

(If I'm wishful thinking, I'd love a character like him actually as a good guy or a neutral party, a trickster who's a bit amoral but never actually tips into villainy. But I'm not getting quite those vibes from him!)

I have no idea what it is about this person, but he's an absolute jerkwad. Like the worst kind of person. Complete womanizer. Whines a lot. Tries too hard. This is one of those people you cheer at when they have an on-screen death.

I'm a little dumbfounded because I'm sitting here trying to figure out what about him I hate so much.

What can I say about this one that isn't already evident? 😂
Psychotic, sadistic, manipulative, cunning, and calculating... Likes to play with its food, and likes the simple pleasures in life.
I'm also getting somewhat classy vibes. Like this person knows they're better than you. They gain great satisfaction from making sure you know that you're completely beneath them - not even worth their time, hardly. In fact, you should feel grateful that they're even spending time looking at you, much less slicing you up with their favourite dagger.

And here's one of mine!
(Picture made using Picrew.)
Ooh! This one's subtle... but also a bit spicy? Got both a sweet and a spicy side. It's 50/50 as to which one you're gonna get, it could change minute-to-minute. But she knows who she is. She knows she's cute, and she knows how to use it, too.
Also, she may commit arson.

This is a real neat thread!
What do y'all think of these two?
Art from myself c:
IMG_20230513_121043243~2.jpg

Last edited:
This is a real neat thread!
What do y'all think of these two?
Art from myself c:
They look like they are a sweet couple that has the black cat/golden retriever aesthetic going on! I bet he might be a bit grumpy but ultimately is a sweetheart on the inside. And she is a bit of an extroverted young woman that enjoys nature and time with her friends. Ultimately they look like they are cute af together, the type everyone was rooting to get together to make each other happy and everyone cheered when they did.

I got her commissioned awhile ago when I started doing bigger projects <3afb60bb4396bf90bd6301c591936c171.jpg

They look like they are a sweet couple that has the black cat/golden retriever aesthetic going on! I bet he might be a bit grumpy but ultimately is a sweetheart on the inside. And she is a bit of an extroverted young woman that enjoys nature and time with her friends. Ultimately they look like they are cute af together, the type everyone was rooting to get together to make each other happy and everyone cheered when they did.

I got her commissioned awhile ago when I started doing bigger projects <3View attachment 1098489
My immediate first thought was Sun Goddess! She is upbeat, but a fierce warrior, and cares deeply for her worshippers. Unfortunately, there are unwritten rules of godhood that prevent her from simply giving her people everything their hearts desire (uphold the cosmic balance and all that), but sometimes she'll assume a mortal form or exploit loopholes to more discreetly get done what she wants to get done.

Oh, she looks like she is always tired due to how her life is going. Either a diligent student or some type of professional maybe in Victorian times. She knows how to keep her appearance and is straight-laced but does dangerous jobs and always manages to get things done efficiently. She looks like the started from the bottom type, working from being poor to coming up to being a talented youth that knows how to do her job and do it well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back