• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
1602082423592.gif
Addie smiled at Jace as they walked towards town, still holding Nic’s arm. “Well, that’s a long story,” she told him, her smile faltering. “It seems that I am without a throne at this moment, I’m afraid,” she added, trying to sound nonchalant and failing. How could the man that she loved have played her so well? She wasn’t dumb, by any means, and prided herself on being observant. So how had he done it?

Addie knew the council wasn’t happy she had become queen when her father had died. They had hopes that her mother would give birth to a son, so that the line of succession would revert to him, but when her mother died shortly after, they had to accept it. She accepted their advice and took everything they said into consideration, so why had thy hated her so? The marriage between her and Sam was supposed to be the bridge between her country and his, who had been at war until recently. She had done everything she had supposed to, and more, and yet here she was, in the snow with a bunch of strangers, her childhood friend and her guard.

Addie kept her gaze trained on the ground, a very un-queen like gesture. A single tear fell from her face and onto the frozen earth. What was she going to do?

Kal listened to Elie’s request, nodding as she spoke. He looked at her not anymore, but instead focused himself ahead; his focus was fixed to the group in front of him, but he still listened to the girl.
“Ah. I understand,”
Kal began, his hands now rest beside himself. The left raised under his chin, his index slightly raised as well.
“However, I don’t know if we can help you. We’re a bit low on.. well, everything right now. Though your offer is generous, but I..”
Kal began to think. He thought of their current situation, the fear rose up again, his heart racing. What if they never got her majesty back to the throne? What if he failed to protect her? What if they were all to starve, dehydrate? His mind rushed through every bad possible scenario, the man began to stumble his words. He spoke quietly again.
”We.. I um.. I..”
The guilt began to eat its way at him. He knew what was going to happen. He knew what they were planning. He didn’t say anything, God, why didn’t he say something? Why didn't he warn her? Would it even matter in the end?
He fell silent, but continued to absentmindedly move with the group. He wanted to cry, to say something, do anything, but it was his job to keep his composure, to stay strong; and, that is what he did.

mentions/interactions , the group, but specifically talking to TayMaiTer TayMaiTer

Nic watched as Adeline seemed to collapse into herself, a silver tear rolling down her face before falling into the snow. He looked down at her feet, the shoes open and not at all suited for the weather. They were surely soaked through by now, but not a single complaint had been uttered by the queen. Couldn’t Sam have banished her somewhere warmer? Then at least he would be warm too, if he had to babysit Adeline.

The town came into view about five minutes later, bordered by a meandering river, the edges crusted over with ice. The Acanthe river then. They were in the north reaches of the country. Well over the week’s journey that Nic had guessed. It would be more like two or three from here, if they didn’t get lost in the woods or killed by any one of the threats that lurked in the lands.

The guard still watched him warily, and was speaking to the cloaked girl quietly, about their lack of gold, looking so guilty that Nic almost felt bad. Almost. They neared the gates of the town, the guards that were normally there gone. Slacking off, or hiding in one of the twin guard towers on the sides of the gate from the cold. They entered the town square, where people were milling about, the streets humming with chatter, music and shop vendors calling out their wares. Before Adeline’s reign, this entire part of the country had been slums. Now, they were upper-middle class, as were almost all of the towns and villages found in the country. The young queen’s first order of business had been to eliminate poverty, and it seems that she had succeeded, at least here.

Nic studied Adeline out of the corner of his eye, her lovely face staring blankly at the ground, her expression tight with worry. Either she really was good, or she’d played him so well that he believed her. Had given him a taste of his own medicine, so to speak. Sam would probably contact him via scrying later that night, so he’d have to make sure he was alone for that. He wasn’t sure if Kal, Adeline’s guard would even let him go off alone at this point.

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Sheltered Non-Human | Location: Woods - Village | Interactions: yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy
download (1).jpeg

'However, I don’t know if we can help you. We’re a bit low on.. well, everything right now. Though your offer is generous, but I..' She frowns a bit, face hidden in the shadows of her hood. "That's okay. I can last. You all, however, need it." She digs in her satchel as they walk and eventually pulls out a small bag of gold. She hands it to the guard, Kal. "Here. I don't need it. I avoid villages, usually."

Speaking of, they were at the village now. The smell of smoke and so many bodies and other smells, shove their way up her nose, nearly suffocating her. This was one of the reasons she avoided villages. This and, well, her race. She covers her nose and mouth, trying to breathe as little as possible. Breathing through her mouth won't help. She will just be able to taste everything.

Her eyes flick around and she grows increasingly worried. She needs to get out of here, but... she can't just leave the queen. She needs to help.

Odette Auclair

As they entered the village her smile only grew wider. It’s been a while since she has been near so many people! The sounds of their heartbeats and the smell of all of their scents flooded her senses. She started to chuckle, unable to contain her joy. She enjoyed every bit of it... other than the smoke of course. She bit back her excitement when she found villagers selling raw meat at a nearby stand.

She pointed her chin towards the sky and gave a big sigh. There were so many people’s looks she could take. So many voices. Her options were limitless. But, she knew she had to stay with her highness. She is worth more than any mere peasant was worth in miles. Since she veered near the back of the group, she jogged forward a bit so she could catch up. She didn’t quite understand why they let her stay around them, but she was grateful. She giggled. “I haven’t been in a village like this in so long! It’s such an amazing experience!” She starts to laugh joyfully, and starts skipping instead of walking.

She left the rabbit behind a while ago, but since she didn’t get to eat it, she had to admit she was getting hungry.

Kal looked to her, at first his expression seemed as low as it could get, but upon her offering, he snapped to. He looked at the gold, then back up at her. He looked embarrassed, quickly shaking his head. He was uncomfortable, he didn’t understand why she was being so nice. It was all she had, she couldn’t..
”N-No I- I couldn’t. It’s yours, I.. you can’t afford yourself food, correct? I.. it’s all you have.. you..”
He fell quiet, his head hung low, slightly pointed toward the ground. He didn’t know what to think. A generous offer, really. Someone who had nothing gave them all she had.
“I..”
Kal stumbled, holding the bag close now. Tears formed up in his eyes, but he’d quickly rub them off, trying to keep himself from sniffling or showing any sign of weakness.
”Thank you.. you’re too kind.”
He would say, finally taking the offer. He looked up at her then smiled lightly, still a pitiful expression, but it was what he could do to the best of his ability. It seemed he was a bit more at ease, but the guilt still had him trapped... trapped like a fly in a spider’s web, awaiting its horrible, agonising downfall.

Kal still held the bag when they got to the village. His eyes darted around to everything, taking everything in at once. He was still on guard mode, and kept a close eye on his group now that they were in a more.. crowded.. area. He kept his guard up, the gold Elie offered was definitely a morale booster for him. It made him feel less like a criminal and more accepted. He walked up to join the group, was immediately put on unease for Odette. He got a bit on the offence.

”Ah? You know, I never caught your name. And, as for your.. comment.. on the village? What do you mean by it? Not being in a village for a while? Do you not live somewhere, even without a roof? It seems like ah...”
Kal began to stumble again, losing his words. He had something to say, but he wasn’t quite sure how to say it.
”You.. you’re a.. um.. do you..?? Do you not... I ahh.. uhm.. forget it..
Kal just walked to the open side of the queen, trying not to bump anybody else or seem as if he was in a hurry. He then showed Elie’s donation.
”It was an offering,”
Kal began, trying to be as polite as he could, trying not to be informal when speaking to her majesty. Kal still felt as if he was speaking out of turn, that it was wrong to try and talk to her without being spoken to first.
”It’s um.. from the girl, Elentiya.”
Kal mumbled, giving an awkward bow as he now handed the bag to her. He then looked to Elie, smiling a bit.
”I give you my thanks, I am sure we’re all very grateful.”
He said quietly, returning his focus back to the front and standing tall again. Well, as tall as he could, at least.

interactions/mentions , TayMaiTer TayMaiTer , Kio.exe Kio.exe , Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Sheltered Non-Human | Location: Village | Interactions: yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy Kio.exe Kio.exe

download (1).jpeg

She gives Kal and the queen a smile, inclining her head. "It is the least I could do." Kal seemed so small for minute. Defeated. He keeps trying to act proud and strong, but every man - and woman - has their limits, no?

Elie continues looking around, her heart pounding so hard, it is almost painful. Hopefully, since she is with the queen, people will ignore her. What is it that father told her?

'If people discover that you are Fae, you will be obliterated. Hanged, beheaded, dismembered, and then burned to ashes. Not a trace of you left.' That is why he punishes her. To help her. Elie bites her lip at the memory of the first punishment. It had hurt.

She shakes her head to clear the thoughts. Enough of that for now...

1602189354612.jpeg
Addie lifted her head as the approached the town, her eyes flicking over the sights. The Acanthe river lay to her right, the edges crusted over with a thin layer of ice. Her heart fell as she realized where in her country she was, how far she’d have to travel to reclaim her throne. Kal approached her then, handing Adeline a small pouch, filled with gold coins before retreating back besides the younger girl, Elentiya. She shot a smile at the girl, showing her gratitude as they entered the town square, bustling with activity.

Letting go of Nic’s arm for a moment, Adeline adjusted her crown before looping her arm back through the man’s. The smell of all sorts of foods shoved its way up her nose. From a vendor to their right, the smell of freshly cooked meat. From a young girl standing in front of a bakery: cinnamon and chocolate. From the farmer on the other side of the square: fresh fish and veggies. Her mouth watered at the sight, her stomach growling unhappily. She’d eat just about
anything at that point.

As the denizens of the town took the new arrivals in, a hush fell over the crowd, and one man stepped forward, hand shaking as he pointed it at her. “It’s the Queen,” he whispered, sounding rejoiced.

The door to the cell opened, and in stepped the priest. He smirked righteously down upon Renlyn, but the necromancer just looked up at the man as though he were bored. "Time for you to meet the Almighty, scum," The Priest would crow, before turning to the guard, "Bring him, gag him, and sound the horn. It is time."

From the small guards barracks, a horn would sound, one that is rather familiar to the people here. It is the horn alerting people that there will soon be an execution, and for the townspeople to gather to watch the specticle. In the absence of anything else, watching people die horribly is its own form of macabre entertainment.

Renlyn is dragged from the dungeons out into the sunlight again, the brightness of the outside world harsher than normal after sending days in that dungeon, his once fine and cleanly pressed clothing now dirties and tattered from being in the dungeon as well as being handled by the guard. Renlyn is led a short distance to the pyre, with the stake standing high over the pile of wood around it, with a number of the town's inhabitance standing and glowering at him. The priest followed them, of course, and now it was time for his part in this specticle while the guards start to tie Renlyn to the stake, ready for frying.

"Good people," The Priest would speak up, his shrill and zealous voice carrying far over the crowd, "Today, a great evil and terrible that has plagued you for too long shall be destroyed, cleansed in the purifying light of our blessed Almighty's fire! This villain, his agent of devils, has stalked you in the shadows for long enough! No more will he fell your fields and cattle, no more will he lay your women barren, no more will he sicken your children until death!"

Renlyn could not help but roll his eyes at this. Like he doesn't have anything better to do than torment these unwashed, simple-minded peasants. Tormenting royals and nobles, now that is far more interesting.

"But today, we do not put this creature to death! This villain, this necromancer, was once but a boy like any other here in this fair town." The Priest said, looking and staring at the little boys in the crowd, who promptly cower against their mother's skirts. "No, today we will show the Almighty's infinite mercy, today we will perform purification." The Priest continued, "We will burn the sin and evil out of this creature, releasing the tormented soul within, so that it may pass into the grace of the Almighty, free of taint! Remember, the screams you will hear will be of the vile monster, and not of the soul!"

One of the guards hands an unlit torch to the Priest, which he lift up into the air and lookings up into the sky, before crying out loudly, "Blessed Almighty! Bring down your purifing light! Bless us with the holy fire that will destroy the evil of this vile necromancer!" And then, a moment later, the torch burst alight, brilliant golden flames burning brightly on the torch, much to the awe of the crowd. All total lies and trickery, of course. Renlyn could feel the priest use a bit of magic, one part pyromancy with one part illusion, for the golden effect. That fire is no more holy than Renlyn!

But the time for talk was over now. The Priest turned to Renlyn, to the pyre, and walks over to lit it. Ah, and Renlyn could feel them, the fire spirits, being led to him by the torch. Renlyn readies himself, clears his mind, and reaches out. Once that torch touches the pyre, these people are going to see magic like they could ever scarcely imagine.

Nic watched as a hush fell over the town as they recognized Adeline, who stood a little straighter than she had before, her crown straight, her posture upright. “It’s the Queen,” a man whispered reverently, pointing his hand at the young queen, who had dropped his arm. Her dress was soaked and wrinkled, her face pale with the cold, and her hair no longer neatly coiled around her head, but even a blind man could tell who she was. She radiated grace, the type of aura that Nic had expected when he’d first met Addie, typical of rulers. In her case, however, this energy was more...gentle, less malicious, less greedy.

One man stepped forward, bowing swiftly before Adeline. “An execution is happening, Your Majesty,” the man said, gesturing to where smoke could be seen across the town. “Father Carden is putting a necromancer on the pyre as we speak. Nasty brute,” the man added, crossing his arms. “We invite you to come watch, as well as your companions.”

Nic glanced at Adeline, trying to gauge her reaction, before looking at the rest who had gathered. What would the queen have to say about this?

Kal readied himself as soon as the village man raised his hand. He had his hand ready on his sword, and he began to raise his voice at the nearby townspeople to ‘back up’ or ‘stay away’, other curt things to get people to keep distance from her majesty. Though, something about this place really made it feel like home.. like life before Kal was a guard. He did not regret his choices, but there are people in his life who he wished he had a chance to... it didn’t matter. All that matters is here and now. Upon one man’s gesture—bowing to the queen and informing her of what was happening—did he kind of feel, well, uneasier.
”Hey! How could you say something like that to her? You tell no morbid happening in front of that of the royal family? Know you no manners?”
Kal yelled. Ironic, manners and all. Kal had obviously completely forgot his, scrambling in a sad, desperate attempt to redeem himself. He yet not tell the queen about his part of her overthrowing. He couldn’t. He was afraid. Kal looked to the queen with an uneasy expression, still keeping his hand on the handle of his sword.
”My lady, I apologise for ah.. I’m sorry you had to uh.. hear that. They usually do these things in smaller towns, I uh.. I..”
Kal began to trail off, and God, he stumbled again. The man was at serious unease today, consumed by guilt, everything just made him feel awful, negative in some way, shape, or form. He meant not to be as rude as he is, not to be as weak-willed, but it was just.. it wasn’t right to him.

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Sheltered Non-Human | Location: Village | Interactions: yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide Kio.exe Kio.exe Obsidian Obsidian Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed
download (1).jpeg

When the villagers noticed the queen and their group, a hush fell over the crowded market square. Of course, to Elie, nothing is truly quiet. She can still hear every breath they take. The smell of all their lineages and scents from other objects threaten to suffocte her. She places a hand over her mouth and nose, hoping to help, and hoping no one notices her. She keeps her head tilted downward so that her face is lost in the shadows of her cloak hood.

'An execution is happening, Your Majesty.' Execution? Execution of what? Elie turns her head to where the man gestured, the smoke. 'Father Carden is putting a necromancer on the pyre as we speak. Nasty brute.' Necromancer? She begins walking toward the nearby pyre where a crowd has gathered, still within view of the other members of the group.

Her heart stops when she sees the sight. A boy, possibly her age, maybe older, is tied to a stake, with a pile of wood around him. The smells attack her. Smokes from the torch, the smell of wood sap from the freshly cut log, sweat and the pheremones of fear from the surrounding villagers, and... there it is... the smell of the boy's lineage. So. A necromancer is a human that can weild magic? They are going to burn a boy because of a talent?!

Her father's drunken and slurred words rise to the front of her mind. 'If people discover that you are Fae, you will be obliterated. Hung, beheaded, dismembered, and then burned to ashes. Not a trace of you left.' She can understand doing it to a non-human. But a human?! They are willing to burn a person of their own race because of a talent they were born with?! Emotions that she was never trained to control rise, creeping closer and closer to an edge.

Finally, she snaps.

Her eyes glows a bright, furious blue within the shadows of her hood. The color of a blue flame. The atmosphere in the market seems to change in an indescribable way. The pressure rises instantly, causing everyone's ears to pop. The light around Elie darkens noticeably, but only around her. Suddenly, there is a soft thump sound that is very faint. As the sound occurs, her cloaks flies outward, as if a wind had caught the cape. A path leading to the crowd and pyre seems to darken, as if the light were being sucked out. At the same time, the light around the crowd brightens to an almost blinding level. The villagers around the pyre begin to stumble around, unable to see.

A snarl shapes her lips, revealing enlongated canines if anyone were to see. Then, an inhuman growl slips from her lips, coming from deep in her chest. It is the sound of a furious beast. Not a nineteen year old girl.

The outside world is nothing like she had read in the few books her father allowed. Those were stories of happy villages with eveyone smiling at each other. Stories of valiant knights galloping to the rescue of their princess. The true reality of what the world is like is... is... sickening. It makes her want to do anything to change it.

Her eyes continue to glow as her hands clench into shaking fists. An aura seems to radiate off of her.

Sorry this was long! Hehe

Jace walked alongside the others, giving Adeline apologetic looks now and then. He was honestly sorry, and he was very aware that her problems were of far greater importance than his, but he was already angry. So many emotions rushed through him that he didn’t know what to make of them. He wasn’t like himself right now, his charm and charisma completely gone... it was replaced by a confusing mess of scattered feelings and thoughts.

TW: Alcohol

“G-Give me a moment! I’m so sorry- p-please excuse me!-“ he pushed his way through the crowd of people. He had to drink- he had to drink- he had to drink- This was all way too damn much. Just a bit- that’s all he needed. Where am I? Town. New town. Why? A-Addie- and... Smith... what am I doing? Drinking. D-Drinking!-

Jace his behind a tree and pulled out one of the filled bottles from his sack that Smith left him. Just a bit- just because you’re thirsty- there’s nothing wrong with it- you’re just thirsty- it’s the same as drinking water. Yeah...

He drank his fill of a bottle and a half before laying down. Just because I’m tired, I’m just tired. There’s nothing wrong with me. He ended up falling asleep there, and not returning to the crowd and action for awhile.

((Definitely not used to roleplaying Jace in this way, I must admit that I enjoy it. UPDATE: this was all written before the previous message. Assume this happened before that. Jace isn’t that messed up.))

1602249317326.gif
The ground seemed to rise up to meet her at the man’s words, but Adeline somehow managed to stand upright. “An execution?” She asked, her face drained of blood. In the corner of her eyes, Ellie seemed to freeze for a minute, before light erupted in the square and a snarl was heard from the girl. Blinking back the glare, she stepped forward. “What are his crimes?” She asked, while pushing through the crowd to where the pyre was. No one spoke for a minute, but then one woman stepped forward, her face set in a scowl. “Well none yet, Your Majesty, but all magicians are touched by the devil. We can’t have that round these parts, I’m sure you understand,” the woman said, crossing her arms.

No. “No. If this boy has committed no crime other than being born with a gift, then you will set him free, by order of your queen,” she told the crowd, letting loose the leash she kept on her temper just a bit, letting her inner fire shine through her eyes. The town’s people seemed to hesitate, unsure of what to do. Adeline marched up to Father Carden, stepping in front of him, barring his way to the pyre. “You will let the boy down now, Father. He is under my protection. Him and everyone in my country, really, whether they wield magic or not,” she told him, fierce indignation written across her face.

The father simply smirked, his eyebrows raised. “Ahh, my child. It seems that this isn’t your country any longer, I’m afraid. This town, and every other in Illyria belong to King Samuel Harris, and he has ordered the execution of every being touched by the devil,” he sneered, moving to step around her. Adeline once again stepped in front of him, blocking his way.

“I will not let you kill an innocent boy in the name of religion! This is my country, not the usurper that currently sitting on my throne’s,” she snarled. The father simply strode forward again, this time making it around her. Tears pricked at Addie’s eyes as she grabbed his arm, once again stepping in front of him.

“Do you want me to beg? Is that it? Would you revel in the queen on her knees before you?” She asked him, sinking to her knees, her shins knocking roughly against the cold ground. “Well I am begging you. Please stop this. Please,” she sobbed, still holding the priest’s arm. Father Carden had a self satisfied grin on his face, and the flame on the torch went out.

“Take the boy and be gone. If I see him again, it’ll be both of you on the pyre,” he said, chuckling. Addie nodded, rising to her feet shakily. The entire plaza was silent, the town’s folk looking on in solemn respect. She rushed over to the boy, quickly untying him and helping him down. Tears still streamed down her face, and as she turned to return to her group, the people of the town, as one, sank to one knee, placing two fingers to their brow in deference.

“Long live the queen,” one man said, immediately being echoed by everyone else, the sound louder than any trumpet she had heard.

Nic watched in shocked silence at the scene happing before him. Elentiya was...well he didn’t know what was happening but light had flooded the square, and he winced, closing his eyes against it. A guttural growl sounded from within the small girl’s throat, the sound eerie. At the same time, Adeline stumbled forward, placing herself between Father Carden and the boy, her face set with determination. What is she doing?! Has she gone mad? Nic stepped forward, towards where the queen was arguing with the priest, on the behalf of the boy strung up on the pyre. It seemed that he was having none of it, and continuously attempted to step around the young queen, who kept on placing herself in his path.

The town’s people were watching, looking around at each other as if they didn’t know what to do. Whether to help Adeline or to agree with Father Carden. A whisper went through the crowd as Adeline sunk to her knees before the priest, tears steaming down her face. “Well I am begging you. Please stop this. Please,” she cried. A queen of the realm was on her knees for a lowly peasant. It was unheard of. Everyone knew that the only thing a queen bowed for was her crown. And yet, here she was, un shaking and fierce, all because she loved her people. Something feral stirred within him at the sight, an anger at the people around him, at his King for making him do this. For making him hurt a woman who loved so fiercely.

The events playing around him were overwhelming to say the least. He was shaking. The girl Elentiya, so sweet, so young, what she was doing. How was she.. what was she..? He couldn’t comprehend anything around him. He felt dizzy, sick, weak.. he could barely stand. He pulled his sword out of its sheath, holding its crystalline, translucent blade in front of himself. A unique sword, it was, this is because he crafted it himself. He couldn’t focus at all though. He didn’t want to use his blade, no. He didn’t want to hurt anyone, but he felt he needed to defend himself, the group. His head was pounding, he stumbles, the world around him is spinning. On the outside, he has frozen up, stopped. He looked so sickly, so afraid.

He forced himself onward, to the girl. He hold his blade firm, he lift it, but strike not. His eyes narrow, and his exterior cooled from its fearful state. He stands strong now, speaking low to her.

“What.. what are you.?”
Kal began, blade still at the ready. He didn’t plan on hurting the girl. She had yet to really hurt any of them. It would be wrong to start an attack.
”And.. why have you not killed us..? I’ll ask you again.. girl, and answer me.. honestly, or.. I will not hesitate.”
The man sounded exhausted as he spoke, his demeanour played off as cool, level-headed, but he was horrified. He held his sword to her, shaking lightly. He didn’t want to do it. He hoped it was in his head, or she were to protect them, anything good, anything at all. He said what he did merely as an empty threat, get her to calm down, maybe.

He kept his guard up for Adeline, too. She released a prisoner, who knows if he means any good, wether or not he had committed unseen crimes? He was ready.. ready to protect, ready to help. His stance adjusted. Kal was fast, he readies, and he can get to where he needs to. If needed, he could take on multiple. He wasn’t a hard-hitter, but he hit faster, hit more than average. His pale eyes darted around, surveying the area, then they glare back at the girl. Deeply, coldly, narrowly. He seemed almost unrecognisable, stronger, more bold than before, heavily contradicting his previously timid attitude.

”What is your business with us? The queen?”
The man had completely forgot his previous concern with Nic. He no longer posed as a threat to Kal. No, it was this girl now. How could he be so afraid of her? They had just got along, she was sweet. She had the opportunity.. why had she not? He paused now. He looked back at the group for but a moment. Ah, wait. Where was the man with Adeline? Jace? He stared for a moment, then looked back at the girl. It had to be her doing. He never saw Jace slip passed the group. He got heavily defensive again, keeping his sword up to her. He wasn’t even sure if he could fight her, granted, if he had to.
“And where is the man? What have you done with him?”

interactions , TayMaiTer TayMaiTer / mentions , Adeline, Nic, Renlyn, Jace.
sorry if this sucks ah i’m in class 👉👈

It had to be said, when the 'queen' stepped out in front of the priest, and he would not relent, Renlyn hoped for a show of force. Instead, the 'queen' got on her knees, and begged like a trained dog. Most disappointing. Oh, and how the rage boiled in Renlyn undead blood to see that smugness of the priest's face. The supposed holy man loved every moment of it, and perhaps 'Her Majesty' fulfilled some secret fantasy of his this day. Either way, a rather peeved Renlyn was finally untied from the stake and allowed down, his first act to remove the filthy rag that had been used on him as a gag.

"If I were to imagine a rescue party, you are not quite what I would have in mind," Renlyn said, his voice elegent and refined, even noble, yet his words were edged by something dark, "Begging. Certainly not a dignified way of securing my release, 'Your Majesty,' but I suppose it did work and I am now free. Thus, I am... honour bound to offer you my thanks. Therefore, my thanks, 'Your Majesty.'"

It would be at this point that Renlyn would be able to sense magic being worked. He would turn, quickly looking around as the magic builds, and then he would spot her. A young, cloaked woman in the crowds, magic shimmering around her like an aura. At first, he became rather amused at this display, but his smirk soon turned into a frown. He could feel it in the air, the anger, the raw emotion being pushed into the magic, growing out of control. At this rate, she could lose herself to her own magic, and do something regretable. Or worse.

Renlyn quickly stepped away from the queen to approach the young woman, then a lunatic with a sword started shouting in her face, threatening her with a weapon. That will do nothing to help. "Out of the way, you bloody fool!" Renlyn called at the man, shoving him aside before stepping past him, then he turned his full attention to the young woman.

"Listen to me," Renlyn would speak to her, calm but forceful, grabbing onto the tops of her arms to focus her attentions only on him, "Control your emotions. Discipline your mind. Let go of your anger, and breath. And very slowly, very gently, allow your magic to trickle away, like sand in an hourglass; with every breath, a little more, one after another."

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Sheltered Non-Human | Location: Village | Interactions: yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy Obsidian Obsidian
download (1).jpeg

Her magic was a well. A well filled with roaring waters that she could not control. As she dove - no, fell - into it, it poured into her being, no bottom to the well. It poured into her, filling every crack and crevice with that disgust and rage. Her magic rose to protect her from an unknown danger.

Faintly, she could hear Kal approach and yell at her. The roaring in her ears was so loud, that she barely catch his words. The only ones she really got was, 'What... What are you.?' She opened her mouth to respond, but her throat was burning. Everything inside of her was burning. And it hurt.

Then, Kal and his transparent sword are pushed out of the way as a boy stalks past him. It is the boy from the pyre. The necromancer. As he grips her arms, she can't help but be glad for the thick cloth that prevents his hands from touching her boiling hot skin. Enough heat. As if underwater, she hears the boy speak to her. 'Control your emotions. Discipline your mind. Let go of your anger, and breath. And very slowly, very gently, allow your magic to trickle away, like sand in an hourglass; with every breath, a little more, one after another.'

She tried. Gods, she tried. But everything burned. She opens her mouth, a small trickle of air streaming down her throat as she inhaled, as strangled sob of pain as she exhaled. But she breathed. And breathed. Little by little, her magic calmed itself, falling back inside of its well, calmly. As she is able to breath easier, she finds herself sobbing in pain. But, her eyes never leave those of the boy's in front of her.

When she is able to think clearlt again, only one thought goes through her mind. What have I done...?

Kal practically fell over when the man, Renlyn, pushed him out of the way. The force definitely knocked him back, as it wasn’t something he’d expected. He stumbled a bit to keep himself up, and ultimately succeeded. He surely felt offended, angry even. Though he was merely a guard he should at least’ve been treated with more respect. However, he did calm himself. He knew it wasn’t his place to try and get involved with this, that held only tire himself out more than he already was.

He sheathed his sword back to its rightful place and stepped back. It was not his place to be involved. Neither of them posed an immediate threat at the queen as of yet, and he realises that his guilt is getting to him, that he’s really stepping out of line. He stays silent, backs up more, and keeps his head low. However, he keeps his hand on his sword’s handle in the case that he need be involved.
i hope this doesn’t seem desperate but this really is going somewhere n I don’t wanna just watch it die out 😓
interactions / mentions ; TayMaiTer TayMaiTer , Obsidian Obsidian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back