• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
1601589822902.gif
“We want you on the throne, Sam, not Adeline,” a voice said, a whisper Addie could hear from her position in the hallway. Councilman Madson.

Sam. Her fiancé, the man she loved. What were they talking about? They had been coming to the throne room these past nights, enough so that one of her Ladies had told her, worried. Her and Lord Samuel Lynburn were to be married, a marriage arranged by her council, but one she’d come to cherish. A man she’d come to cherish.

“My parents want the Crown Matrimonial very badly,” another voice said. Sam. “With enough luck, we can get the rest of the council to override Adeline, and she’ll be gone. Exiled.”

Addie pressed closer to the door, unable to hear everything they were saying. She pressed her ear to the door, her brown hair falling over her face, her fine gold and black skirts brushing against the door. Shoot, she thought, hoping against all hope that the people within hadn’t heard.

“Yes, that’s all fine. We’re not worried about the council, Samuel. We’re worried about the people. They love Adeline, only God knows why, but they do. We can’t risk a revolt. We don’t have the military strength for that, after the war with Veralis,” a new voice said, on Adeline couldn’t quite place. They were plotting, against her! She had known of the council’s dislike of her, though she had no idea how deep that hatred ran. What they had been planning, probably for months.

Silence, for a moment. Then: “Well yes, the could prove to be problematic,” Sam said thoughtfully. “We’ll have to get rid of her somehow, though. She’s bright, so this could be harder than we thought.” Footsteps sounded in the room, a parchment being rolled out. On her meeting table. Bronze braziers lit the hall dimly, lighting Addie with a golden glow, the torchlight flickering. Her hand itched to move towards the door and le, to throw it open, to march in there and demand they stop. To stop the cracking in her heart with every word Sam said. She’d loved him, and he had gone and used that against her.

Suddenly, the door was thrown open, and Sam stood there, glaring down at her, his handsome face both shocked and angry. “Adeline I—“ he began, before she threw up a hand, cutting him off.

A steely glint entered her eyes, her face set with anger. “What sort of King have I chosen?” She demanded, fierce indignation written across her every feature. “I am the Queen of Illyria, and I will not be undermined,” she spat, pushing him, back towards the door.

Sam merely glanced back, at where her entire council waited, as if looking for help. “You will not get help from them any longer,” she told him, striding to the front of the room. “You all, you’re all relieved of your positions. Leave the castle, leave Illyria immediately,” she told them quietly, pointing to the door. “Do not tempt my fury.”

Only brittle laughs sounded, and Madson stepped forward, his hands deep in his pockets, unworried. “Oh, my dear Adeline! You do not hold that sort of power! We bow to Lord Samuel here, not you any longer. You’re relived of your position. Leave the castle, leave Illyria immediately, or be prepared for any punishment our King sees fit,” the man said, waving a hand at the guards who lined the room. All of them headed towards her then, all but one.

Seeing the guard’s reluctance, Madson waved a hand at them too. “Take the guard too. We have no use of her supporters in our King’s castle.” A sharp pain was felt at the back of Addie’s head, before darkness washed over her.

————-
She awoke, alone in a forest, her dress rumpled, her head aching. Where was she? Where had they taken her?

I hope this isn’t too long, or too all over the place. If it is, let me know and I’ll fix it. My posts should be shorter from now on, I just ha to have somewhere to start.

The events in the castle were mostly a blur to Kal, a fuzzy memory. All the man knew was that right here, right now, he had to protect the queen. Whether it was her position anymore or not, it mattered not to him. All that mattered was that he keep her safe, he swore his life to it, and would let no radicals—as he called them—overthrow the rightful queen from her throne with no reasonable explanation. The man was dedicated, and he was prepared to die if it meant restoring her position.

Kal was, too, alone. He didn’t remember exactly where they had placed the queen, but he did know that she was in the immediate area. He sat in the center of a cluster of different shrubs and trees. He would sit there, waiting, thinking, silent. He was still wearing his uniform, his armour that he wore when on duty. He not take it off now, to him, he was on duty right now. He had a single goal in his mind as he stood up, locate the queen. He stayed silent, thinking not of anything around him as he headed off. He was repeating the pattern of turns they had taken in his head, uncertain the distances for each turns, but he knew the seconds. He simply had to pair the seconds with direction, then, well, he knew where to go. However, he had to keep a similar speed to the trip or else it wouldn’t matter in the end.

’29 forward, 54 left, 69 slightly more left...’

He repeated, along with more numbers, more directions. Though the man never learned to read or write, he did know how to count to at least 100, and if he needed higher than that, he would start from one. He soon found himself at a standstill.

’65, or 56..?’

He decided a number in between—59 to be exact—and went with that. The man then saw a familiar figure, the queen herself. He approached carefully, quietly, trying not to cause any disturbance. He kneeled at a distance, bowing his head low.

”My lady, are you alright? Are you hurt?”

Kal meant not to speak out of turn, but as a person, not a guard, he was concerned for the safety and wellbeing of others. He raised his head slightly to look at her, but he did not get up from his kneeling position.

”I’m sorry. I was powerless to do anything. It’s my fault we are here. I couldn’t do anything, the blame is mine, and I will carry it with me.”

Kal took the whole scenario on his fault. He spoke quietly, lowering his head again. The man was trembling, he was afraid, worried; negative emotion spread over him like the rain in April, he felt powerless, worthless.

interactions/mentions ; Kio.exe Kio.exe

Nic watched the Queen and her guard from behind a tree, unsure of when to make his appearance. Ridiculous, he looked ridiculous, in the peasant get up his King had ordered him to wear before shoving him out into the cold, telling him to keep an eye on the Queen. He was never, under any circumstances, to reveal who he truly was, and his connection to Sam. No, he had to babysit Adeline, to make sure she didn’t try to reclaim her throne. If she could even get back to the castle. They were well over a weeks journey away, their dumping made quick by whatever inherit magic Sam’s mages had. It had been an odd sensation, stepping through that portal after the Queen. The magic had zipped over his skin, and then suddenly, he was there, in the snow covered forest.

He felt bad for the Queen, he supposed. She’d never been cold in her life. Never been left to die in the woods, where blood thirsty cults thrived. Nic silently cursed her at the thought. If he wound up the victim of some ritual, she’d rot in hell with the rest of them. Adeline sat up then, rubbing the back of her head. A blow one of his men had dealt, rendering her unconscious. It would likely hurt for days. Nic leaned further out from behind the tree, swearing as he stumbled out into the open. Instantly, the act was on, and Nic shoved his fingers into his pockets, whistling a tune, feigning surprise at seeing the Queen and her guard sitting in the snow.

“Oh! I didn’t see you there!” He exclaimed, smiling, stopping next to them. “The name’s Nic! You two must be new around here,” he told them, offering the Queen and Kal a hand. How anyone in their right mind wouldn’t recognize Adeline, he didn’t know, but he just hoped they’d buy the ruse. She was wearing a crown for crying out loud. He winced. “That’s a nasty cut you’ve got there,” he told Adeline, pointing to her forehead, where blood was making its way down her face. Somehow, it didn’t make her any less beautiful. Stupid royals and their good looks.

//// TW: Alcohol ((Warning before and after the drinking scene, but almost the entire message IS set in a bar)) /////

Jace sighed as he sat on his bar seat. It was another bad day for business, and old Smith ‘Ambar was not being kind about it. “Your lousy chicken screeching is driving customers away! Put your damn guitar down and sing something this gods-forsaken kingdom wants to hear!” She slapped the young man’s face and walked into the back room, slamming the door behind her.

“Oh screw you ‘Ambar!” Jackson shouted. He knew his job was on the line at this point and he wasn’t happy about it. What was worth more, doing what he enjoyed, or having the money he needed to live. ((TW)) Who cares? He thought, walking over to a large case of beer bottles. He snatched four before sitting down. Most would go one at a time. Not Jace. When he needed to get drunk he drank, and drank, and drank, grabbing three or more bottles at a time. The last thing he remembered was getting up to get his eighth bottle, before blacking out. ((TW over))

When he awoke he found himself on the edge of a forest, with a note beside him. He pulled himself to his knees, head pounding and heart racing.

To Jace,

I have put up with your miserable bottom for six damn years. You have been nothing but a loud, annoying, bard wannabe. I refuse to watch you drink on the job and whine about the headache one more time. You’re fired, find a new job, a new home, leave me the hell alone. You have better potential than annoying me. When you’ve found your real calling knock on my door and maybe I’ll consider saying hello. I’m leaving you here with all the crap you’ve cluttered my bar with. Goodbye Jace.

-Smith ‘Ambar

“Screw you Smith,” Jace sighed, shaking his head. “Screw you Smith.”

1601603707216.gif
Interactions: MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy
Adeline sat up slowly, blinking up at her guard, the one Sam had thrown out with her. What was his name again? Ken? No, that wasn’t right. Karl? No, not that either. Kal. That was is. Frowning, Adeline brushed snow off of her, already soaked through, her teeth chattering with the cold. Something warm dipped in her eye, and she went to wipe it away, her hand coming back red. Blood. Despite this, she smiled wearily, taking Kal’s hand in her own as he fretted over her.

“It’s quite alright, Kal,” she told him softly, smiling. “It wasn’t your fault that he...that Sam betrayed me,” she added, her head snapping up as a figure came from around a tree, whistling, his hands shoved in his pockets. The man stopped short when he saw them, rushing to her side.

The name’s Nic,” he announced, offering her and Kal his hand. Didn’t he know that Queens didn’t shake hands? Well he obviously didn’t know who she was, despite her now crooked crown, the ornate cold and diamond one she so loved. “You two must be new around here.”

Well that settled the matter of if he knew her identity or not. She gave him a weary smile, as he pointed out her cut, the gash still bleeding. “I’m Adeline,” she told him, letting him piece together for himself just who he was talking to. “And this is Kal,” she finished, pointing to the guard. Adeline stood, offering her hand to help Kal up, and using the other to wipe the remainder of the snow off of her. Not that it was of any use. She was already soaked, her hair frozen. And the blood. It was beginning to drip into her eye, and she pressed her free hand to the gash, willing it to stop.

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Sheltered Non-Human | Location: Woods | Interactions: Kio.exe Kio.exe MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy
download (1).jpeg

Elie pulled the hood of her cloak farther over her face, clutching it tightly in one hand over her chest. The dove grey fabric blended nicely with the surrounding snow and bare tree, with the inside lined in rabbit fur to keep her warm. Her father doesn't know she left. She had gotten him drunk on ale, risking another punishment in the process. Then, she had grabbed the satchel she had packed the night before and left.

She doesn't know how long she has been walking. But, what Elie does know, is that she just recently went from empty country lands to this pine forest. Animals haven't bothered her. She is Fae, afterall. Her natural scent is the small of pine needles. So, predators either don't know she is there, or they trust the Fae.

Suddenly, she stops, snow crunching under her boots. Voices? With her excelled hearing, they were probably a ways away, but still! People! She hurries forward.

As she nears the people, she makes sure that her ears are covered by the hood. A woman and two men stand in a meadow. One of the men is wearing peasant attire. There must be a village nearby. The other man is wearing armor. A guard? And the woman who has a cut on her forehead, is wearing a fancy dress and a crown. A noble! Stories of nobles from her father flash through her mind and her eyes widen.

Elie desperately needs food but... a noble... Swallowing her fear, the petite girl steps forward, her footsteps near silent in the snow. "Hello?" She asks tentatively. "Can you help me?"

Odette Auclair

Odette roams the snowy forest, looking for prey to hunt. She spots a furry snow rabbit leaping from a rock. She smiles, the cold not seeming to disturb her, even when she’s wearing a thin brown cloak and torn clothes. She shed those clothes, and shape shifts into a Fox. It doesn’t hurt, but it does strain her. Almost like getting a cramp.... all over her body. The only way to tell she wasn’t a normal fox, were her eyes. They weren’t human, but they weren’t Fox.

She sprints now on all fours, towards the running rabbit. She leaps, and catches it by the neck, biting down until she hears a satisfying snap. She slows down and catches her breath, the rabbit still in her jaws. Her ears twitch. She hears.... voices? All the way out here? Well.. more food for her. She trots towards where she heard them, and peeks behind a tree.

She sees four people. Her ears perk up, and her jaws tighten around the rabbit’s neck. Royalty.. royalty is here. She sniffs the air. A... What is it? She can’t recognize the scent among the smell of pine. She huffs and slowly peeks her head out and just stares. Watching their next move, while blood drips from her maw.

As Kal took the queen's hand to get up, he looked to the direction in which Nic's voice came from. He placed his hand back behind him slightly, gripping the hilt of the sword sashed on his right thigh. He kept quiet as the queen introduced the both of them, as he wished not to speak out of turn again.

The man then looked to the hooded girl, hand still ready. He said nothing, then looked away. He looked around, then back at the queen, who he now realised had a head injury. He quickly turned to her, removing his hand from his sword; reached under the breastplate he wore, removing a red scarf from under it. He spoke quietly again,

"My lady, I offer you this to tend your wound. Are you sure you're alright? Do you- ah I- sorry."

Kal went silent again, just holding his scarf in his right hand. He was weary of Nic, unsure of who he was, or what he wanted. His pale blue eyes glared in the man's direction, and with that, his head turned to Nic.

"What is it you want? Spit it out, there's no need to have any fancy, drawn-out introductions. Get to your point,"

Kal said curtly, raising his voice, readying his hand on his sword again. His eyes looked both to the man and the girl, studying them, judging them. He wasn't sure what was going on. Was this an attack? 'What is going on?' He would think to himself.

"You too,"

He said, pointing at the girl, then back at the man with his free hand.

"State your business."

Kal was too caught up with being defensive to notice the fox. That, or he didn't mind such an animal as of now.

mentions/interactions , Kio.exe Kio.exe , TayMaiTer TayMaiTer , MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide , Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

[[edit, mentions ahahaah woops]]

Nic feigned surprise as the Queen introduced herself, making a show out of taking in her crown, her fine gown, soaked as it was. His eyes widened, and he forced a blush to bloom across his face. “Y-your Majesty,” he stammered, bowing low. “I apologize for such informality, it’s just I...I didn't realize who you were,” he finished, bowing again before rising, spying a hooded figure coming from the opposite side of the clearing. It seemed that people were being drawn to the Queen, for whatever reason, Nic observed as a fox peered out from around a tree, blood dripping from its maw. How odd!

Nic turned to the guard who approached him with aggression rolling off of him in waves. He raised his hands, smiling. “No, sir, no attack, I was just trying to get home and I found the two of you here,” he said, backing up a few feet. The guard was certainly protective of his Queen. Nic almost snorted. Why was the man suddenly loyal to Adeline now? He had stood through all of Sam’s council meetings without speaking a word, and yet he only just now decided to tell the Queen? Nic sighed. These people were a piece of work.

1601648504180.gif
Adeline smiled at Kal, accepting his scarf and pressing it to her forehead. “Thank you,” she told him, before turning to the new arrivals. Nic, suddenly realizing who she was, bowed low, mumbling apologies. She approached him, putting her hand on his shoulder as he bowed. “No, please, you don’t have to do that,” she told him, smiling. She turned to Kal then, as he watched the two newcomers, ire rolling off of the the man. Addie took his hand. “They’re not going to hurt me, Kal, it’s alright,” she told her guard before walking over to the girl, her hood covering much of her face.

“Of course we can help you,” she told the girl gently, guiding her over to the rest of the group. “First, what’s your name?” She asked, smiling at the girl. She was glad to help. These were her people, and in the end, it would be them that helped her get her throne back. Which she would do. She would defy the Devil himself if he tried to buy and sell her country. She would not be undermined by some dirty, conniving little...Adeline pushed the thoughts from her mind. Thinking of Sam right now was too painful. Her left hand was still pressed to the gash, Kal’s scarf now soaked with blood. At least the bleeding had slowed. She was still shaking with the cold, wishing she’d chosen warmer clothes to wear that day. Not that she knew she would be thrown from her castle. From her country.

A weary sigh escaped her, and her stomach growled. How long had it been since she’d last eaten? They’d have to make their way to town. Addie turned to Nic, smiling. “Would you show us the way to the town, while we talk? We can find an inn, somewhere, I’m sure, somewhere we can be warm and eat food,” she asked, tucking her free hand into her skirts. She would turn blue with the cold before she even got to the town! The only issue was, she didn’t have any gold with her, hadn’t even able to grab any before she was left here to die. How would they pay for an inn?

————
Interactions: MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy TayMaiTer TayMaiTer

Odette Auclair

As excitement grew in her chest, she stepped away from the tree line. Away from where they would be able to see her. She stretched then transformed back into a human. Her eyes never changed. Still not human.

She went back to grab her torn clothes and her cloak. Through some trouble, she got dressed and shakes excess snow off of her. She wiped her mouth with her cloak, getting rid of the blood. She spots a stick nearby, and stabs the rabbit she had caught before, making it looked like how she thinks a human would hunt.

She saunters back to the group, emerging from the tree line where the fox once stood. She stops in her tracks, acting surprised. She lets out a small gasp. “Oh! Well hello! Are you all alright? It’s rare to see people all the way out here.” She sees blood soaking up the scarf, and takes a deep breath. She can’t afford to lose control over a little smell of blood.

She steps closer. “How long have you all been out here? You’ll freeze to death!” She knows the hypocrisy, since her clothes are torn and thin. The rabbit on a stick is still in her hands, blood dripping onto the snow.

Interactions- TayMaiTer TayMaiTer yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy Kio.exe Kio.exe MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide

Kal took his hand off of his sword, then bowed to Adeline apologetically. He muttered,

”Sorry, it won’t happen again.”

He rose up now, dusting himself off. His attention turned to the three others now. Wait, three? He looked at Odette, quickly getting grip on his sword again. Kal was horribly defensive today, but he had reason to be. The only thing that can keep them safe now was his sword, or at least that’s what he believed. He studied the girl, weary of her appearance, as it struck him as odd. Her contradicting words made him uneasy.

“We’ve been not too long out here. We plan to make it to the nearest town,”

He stated to her, putting himself at ease now. He put his hands behind him in a respectful manner. He looked around more, hoping others wouldn’t just hop out of nowhere, for the love of God, how are there so many bodies in this one area? Well. It wasn’t all bad, at least now they have a little extra muscle, a little bit of help. He went silent again and kept his head low. He decided that for now, he would do his best to stay off of the offence. He decided that for now, he’d watch. Carefully and quietly, as he’s always done.

Kal closed those pale blue eyes of his, thinking to himself, keeping to himself. He sort of scooted to the side to give her grace just a little bit of space. He spoke not now, no longer out of turn. He was a guard, it was what he did, who he was, and he needed to respect that more than ever now. Though the queen had assured him that it was not his fault, the whole ordeal would still take a toll on him. His expression worries now. If he would have spoken up, if he would have warned her, if he would’ve done anything, if he just did something, this wouldn’t have happened.

Nobody should have gotten hurt.

mentions/interactions , TayMaiTer TayMaiTer , Kio.exe Kio.exe , MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide , Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Sheltered Non-Human | Location: Woods | Interactions: Kio.exe Kio.exe yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed
download (1).jpeg

She keeps her face tilted toward the ground so that her hood covers her face. When the woman's guard yells at her to state her business, she murmurs. "I mean no harm, promise. I just need help." When the woman steps toward her, Elie steps back, the hand that clutches the cloak to her chest tightening. She has to be careful... Remember what father said about nobles...

"My... My name is Elentiya..." When the noble woman mentions an inn, Elie's head raises. "I... I can pay... I have gold." Then, another woman enters, holding a rabbit on a stick. Elie's nostrils flare as the coppery scent of the rabbit travels to her nose. The scent also comes from the woman's mouth. She was eating the animal raw?

Elie raises her head a tiny bit to look at everyone in the glade. Her pale skin glows in the shadows of her heed, her icy blue eyes piercing. What a strange bunch of people...

Jace had decided to go on a walk to clear his mind, and hopefully his headache! Smith had left him with five bottles of beer, his limited personal belongings, and some stale bread. When you find your real calling... Damn thanks Smith you’re my hero.

The boy irritably stomped into the forest, not really keeping the noise down. He was too angry to care or even consider people (or not people) hearing him. But then suddenly, when he got to a point in the maze of trees (he wasn’t sure exactly where, he never really kept track anyways), he heard talking.

Curious, Jace crept towards the voices. He didn’t really know what he was looking at. There was a short man with black hair, handsome in a way. He looked protective, angry maybe. A girl, younger than Jace for sure. Was she human or no?... Then there was a strange woman who was eating.... raw animal? No, no. Jace chose to ignore that. But then his eyes found a woman. A very familiar woman. It can’t be. There’s no way in damn hell-...

Nic smiled at the queen, before observing the newcomers. The girl that came from behind the tree, where the fox had been, gave Nic the creeps. He was sure she was a shifter, but he wouldn’t say anything. Yet. A young man stumbled around a tree, quite loudly, and stopped dead when he saw them, looking shocked. His eyes fell on the quuen, and that expression grew even further. Did he know Adeline? Shaking his head, Nic turned back to the queen, the smile still on his face.

“Sure I can, I’d hate for Your Majesty to be out in the cold for any longer,” he told her, offering his arm to Adeline. In truth, he couldn’t care less if she got hypothermia and died here, in the woods. Not that he’d tell her that, of course. Nic began walking, in the direction that the new guy had come from, hoping the town was that way. If not, he’d certainly have some explaining to do.

Interactions: Kio.exe Kio.exe Mentions: Everyone

D-damn it- it is her.... It’s been so long... what will she do? Say? Think?

Jace stood in complete and utter shock. He stumbled closer to the crowd. It’s funny how sometimes, when there are too many emotions to handle, you don’t feel anything at all. “Hey...” he managed to blurt out, not at anyone in particular. Hey! Hey- hey like you say to your old childhood friends. Oh wait there is a childhood friend. The goddamn queen- ha! Haha- funny... right?

He slowly stepped back. Jace was panicking. He knew he could run- but where to? He was just here for a walk- but when it was over where would he go? He was homeless for God’s sake. These were the first people he had seen since the incident. Just... one of them happens to be the queen. And there’s a woman who eats raw animals.

1601836326357.gif
Addie took Nic’s arm, smiling at the man, grateful for the warmth he radiated. She offered her other arm to Kal, hoping he’d take it, though it was unlikely. The man seemed to dislike contact, especially coming from her. As they began to walk, she stopped dead as she saw who came around the corner, dropping Nic’s arm and racing for him, her grin wide. She wrapped her arms around him in a very un-queen like manner, holding him close. “Jace! I haven’t seen you in years! You must tell me everything, come, walk with me,” she said breathlessly, returning to her new companions and Kal, once again taking Nic’s arm.

Adeline looked to Kal, seeing if he would step up to her side, but the man still looked nervous, as if something were eating him alive. The poor man still thought it was his fault! The new girl, the one holding the animal was unsettling. A hunter, perhaps? Or maybe one of the members of those cults, the ones who roamed the woods...

Interactions: MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy Gazebo-Quill Gazebo-Quill

Last edited:
Kal looked in Elie’s direction, then motions his hand over to the group. He said nothing at first, but was hoping she’d take the invite in.

”Come with us, I’m sure we could discuss it as we go. Please, keep your distance though. I’d rather have none get too close to her majesty. Safety precautions..”

The man would mumble, then walk with the group, keeping his own distance as well. However, he’d stay a bit closer to the queen. He didn’t trust Nic, nor anybody else. As he walked, he stayed silent, hand on sword once again. He was real uneasy when Jace came around, but was soon calmed down once the queen made it apparent that she knew him. He let out a shaky sigh, and continued watch from a distance.

”So, girl, what is it you needed?”

He’d ask Elie, glaring in her direction. He made sure to make it obvious that he was on the defence, that he’d attack if provoked. His heart was pounding, he was scared, uneasy, upset, everything at once. But his expression... his expression was keeping its best try-to-stay-cool stance. Needless to say, he wasn’t doing all to well with that, he looked heavily worried, sweating, shaking, but he was trying.

He felt especially uneasy around the girl with the rabbit, he saw her as one of the main threats, alongside Nic. Something about that man didn’t seem right to Kal, but he didn’t know why. It just.. didn’t rub him the right way. But why? What was wrong with that man that made him so uneasy? So afraid? He was nice, and Kal didn’t know why he felt this way.

mention/interactions , Kio.exe Kio.exe , Gazebo-Quill Gazebo-Quill , MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide , TayMaiTer TayMaiTer , Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Sheltered Non-Human | Location: Woods |​
download (1).jpeg

Elentiya hesitates as the group begins to move. But when the guard motions for her to join them, she steps froward. Her hands still clasps her cloak, making sure its hood stays over her head. 'Come with us, I’m sure we could discuss it as we go. Please, keep your distance though. I’d rather have none get too close to her majesty. Safety precautions..' Elie gives a curt nod, signifying that she heard and understands.

She begins walking after the group, staying behind the queen, who held the arm of the peasant man. And then, there was the new man that joined them. Again, her nostrils flare as shs takes in his scent. But not just the overwhelming scent of alcohol. No. She was smelling what made him him. His lineage. His blood. The same scent she had taken in with everyone else.

When the guard glares at her and asks, 'So, girl, what is it you needed?' She swallows slightly. His scent portrays that he is afraid. Pheremones being released, releasing the smell of fear. Afraid of what though? He couldn't possibly be scared of Elie. She was a nineteen year old... girl. He was a full grown male. "I just need some food. That's all, I swear. I... I can help pay for the inn, if you'd like.." She keeps her head tilted downward. Luckily, humans cannot smell lineage. Otherwise, they would discover she was Fae almost immediately. And that may not be good. Especially with a noble.

Nic frowned as Adeline took his arm, surprised that the queen was fine with such casual contact. Most nobles would have beat him if he’d dared. So far, the young queen was nothing like how Sam had described her. Words like arrogant, and brash and even devilish had been thrown around. From what Nic could see, Adeline had been nothing but kind, level headed and, well, beautiful. He shook his head at the thought. What had gotten into him? He was here to be Samuel’s informant, not to bend to the will of some pretty queen. That was how you got killed.

Nic could tell that Kal, the queen’s guard, didn’t trust him, and rightfully so. Perhaps he’d need to up his act then. Everyone else seemed pretty convinced. He turned to the newcomer, the one Adeline had called ‘Jace’. “Where are you from then?” He asked, smiling at the boy, and making an effort to sound like one of them. The rabble. Nic still felt uneasy, much due to the fact that the wild eyed girl was there, behind his exposed back. A shiver ran through him. He hoped they’d make it to the town soon. Then he could drop Adeline’s arm and hopefully never touch her again.

Interactions: Kio.exe Kio.exe Gazebo-Quill Gazebo-Quill TayMaiTer TayMaiTer yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

“A-Addie!- ahem- I mean- um- Adeline!-“ Jace jumped at the sudden show of affection, but returned the embrace and smiled at his old companion. “Damn it’s been awhile. Um... hey.” Jace stared at the other man. He seems... judge mental. “I’m from a small town in the kingdom. I’ve been working at a bar. Not that I drink!- I mean- I drink frequently but not too frequently- I’d never let myself get addicted or anything.

Jace squirmed at the sight of all of these strange people. The bar had certainly attracted those who were out of the normal, but never in his life had he seen something like this.

Renlyn hung in his prison cell, both hands clasped against the wall with heavy iron cuffs, constantly watched by the guard who refuse to allow him any food or water or sleep. They think that, if they can keep a necromancer weak and tired by denying them their basic needs, said necromancer will not be able to use their magic. Though such can be true of some mages, Renlyn is by no means any normal necromancer. Not that these fools have any idea who he really is, or rather what he really is. He was discovered by a priest, one that knows magic and managed to sense Renlyn's necromantic nature, but he seems to know little more than that. If the priest did know more, if the priest could have sensed Renlyn's undead nature, the priest would have likely had the whole town turn on Renlyn right then and there. Which could have saw him destroyed.

The lych closes his eyes, allowing himself to meditate, allowing himself to reach out. Still nothing. Necromancy is not always as straightforward as some people may think. The spirits are fickle, and the dead can only be animated when they are reachable. Renlyn cannot sense any dead nearby, and the spirits in his immediate area are taunting him. They seem to enjoy watching the lych struggle to grasp at them, struggle to use his willpower to compell their obedience, and help him escape. Seems like a lot of tricksters died in these dungeons, likely thieves and conmen. Renlyn has been at this for a couple of days now, and still with little luck.

There is always the stake. The priest that had Renlyn captured could not help but personally inform him of his fate. The priest is rather proud of his catch. Renlyn is to die burning at the stake, but this presents an opportunity. Spirits of particular types are often drawn to concentrations of something that they like. Spirits who like water tend to stay close to rivers, lakes, and the ocean. Spirits that like plants tend to stay close to forests and jungles. Spirits that like fire tend to seek out sources of fire, and attempting to burn a necromancer at the stake would certainly draw such spirits close. That would be the opportune moment to snatch up a fire spirit and set it loose on the town, burning this wretched backwater to the ground along with all its ignorant inhabitance. It would leave nothing left to raise, since all the corpses would be burned to ash, but at least Renlyn would have some measure of revenge for the town inconveniencing him in this manner. And as far as anyone would know, the town simply burned down by freak accident, which could have happened anywhere at any time.

Renlyn's old master would be rather amused at this scene, if he were here to see it. A lych, an undead of legend, left to hang in this dungeon like a common criminal, and yet struggling to escape. All that Renlyn can do is be patient. He will capture a spirit eventually, either within here or out there during his execution. He just needs to be patient.

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Sheltered Non-Human | Location: Woods |
Mentions/Interactions: Kio.exe Kio.exe yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy Gazebo-Quill Gazebo-Quill MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

download (1).jpeg

As they walked, Elie noticed that the forest was quiet. Animals strayed away and it seemed like even the wind stopped blowing. To her excelled ears, every footstep the group made - every breath that was breathed - was loud. Very loud. Her nose picks up the scent of smoke. The village must be close.

Her grip of her cloak tightens. What would happen if the villagers or this group find out about her? Find out that she is fae? Would they kill her? Banish her? Bring her to the... king?

She glances at the queen that holds the arm of the peasant boy that doesn't smell like a peasant. The boy smells of fine soap, iron, and horses. His blood smells of a good lineage. Maybe a lord? Either way, he is obviously not a peasant. And the queen... she was noble, no doubt. The scent of her rich lineage was practically overwhelming. The guard, Kal, has nothing hidden... The new male, Jace... Elie doesn't know what to make of him yet. Other than the fact that he drinks. A lot. And then the woman... a shapeshifter. She wasn't going to say anything. The last thing she wanted was for attention to be drawn to who she is.

The smells of the forest and the people around her shove their way up her nose, the noises deafening. When she had been in the house with her father, she had never experienced anything like this. It was always the same smells and the same noises. This... this is wonderful.

Jace’s gaze shifted from person to person. His mind was racing and honestly all he really wanted was a bottle of whiskey and a nice bath. He, of course, hadn’t been able to get clean before he was kicked out. He may not have seemed the type but he had always been very hygienic. Eventually he settled to look on Addie.

“So, Adeline... what in the hell happened since I saw you last? Why are you, the queen, here? And here with.... this... group?” The only one there who would’ve likely been with the Queen was the handsome guard. The rest? No. Not in a million years would Jace even dream to see something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back