• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ♛ Royal Affair ♚ interest check

Bearly

...out of hibernation!
ROYAL AFFAIR
SCHEDULED EVENTS

WELCOME DINNER: The month-long conference will be kicked off with a welcoming dinner hosted by the King and Queen of Monaco. Once everyone gets settled in, there is an optional cocktail hour beginning at 5:30PM, where everyone will have the chance to get acquainted and to catch up. Dinner will begin promptly at 7:00PM. Attendance is mandatory. Dress code is semi-formal.
PRESS & GARDEN PARTY: The day will begin with a morning of doing press and interviews, starting at 8:00AM, followed by a garden party with some charity founders, execs and sponsors to discuss the upcoming charity gala. Lunch will be provided. Dress code for the garden party is morning dress.
CANNES FESTIVAL: Everyone has been invited to attend the Cannes Festival in Cannes, France - approximately an hour away. A yacht party hosted by Moët & Chandon will take place during the day. In the evening, everyone will walk the red carpet before attending a movie screening. Dress code for the evening is black tie.
CHARITY GALA: After lots of planning, the charity gala is finally here. The young royals and political elite will finally be able to see all their hard-work pay off. Though it won't be all fun and games. Everyone has an important role to play, whether that's ensuring the event runs smoothly, getting rich folks to donate, or participating in the date auction. World leaders, as well as the press will be present, so the pressure is on. Dress code is black tie.

Even Gold Needs Polished
PLOT
Once upon a time, in a kingdom far far away, there lived a princess…

That was how all fairytales started, right? When we hear about princes and princesses, kings and queens, we all imagine the perfect picturesque life that they must live. Garden parties, ribbon cuttings, red carpet appearances - it all sounds so glamorous and elegant. That’s because it is. The royalty of the world are the 1% of the world’s 1%. They have money, power and fame. And maybe that’s why the rest of the world are angry with them.

What the hell do the royals really do for their countries?

In an increasingly unstable political climate, the political elite are frequently having to reassert and justify their position and role in society. In a culture of parties and excess, what is there to take seriously for the young social elite? This was clear at the recent state dinner hosted by Switzerland, where several young royals’ dirty laundry was aired and ended up on the front page of several tabloids around the world. Unfortunately, this was not the first time that a scandal involving the young political elite was leaked to the media. With the public angry and their confidence in the world’s future leaders declining, damage control had to be done.

'World Leaders of Tomorrow’ was the answer - a month-long conference meant to educate the future generation of leaders on world issues, charity work and more. A public image makeover for our young reckless royals, if you will. The King and Queen of Monaco have graciously offered their home to host the conference. Young royals from around the world have been invited and many are expected to be in attendance. Of course, everyone will be expected to be on their best behavior and to put their best faces forward. All eyes will be on them, waiting to see if they will fall from grace, or miraculously redeem themselves in the eyes of the public. It will definitely be a royal affair for the books.

This RP will be taking place in an alternate reality. With that being said, you can play a prince or princess from any country you want.
ie. even if there is no Queen of Russia, you can play the Prince of Russia. Also these characters cannot be related to existing royals and current politics do not apply.

RULES
All site rules apply!
Literacy: This is an advanced lit rp. Literacy is important to me! Grammar, vocabulary and spelling are necessary to be a part of this rp. I am not going to put a paragraph minimum on posts, sometimes writer's block happens, but the roleplay needs to move forward, so you need to be able to post enough for others to have solid replies.
Casting: There is no set limit or minimum for the amount of characters in this RP. This is not a first come first serve RP, characters will be submitted and the characters that are determined best fit will be accepted. Character sheets will need to be completed before the set deadline to be considered. Faceclaims will need to be real people...and the age of the characters will be 20-30.
Respect: Please be respectful and polite in all OOC conversations. This rp only works if everyone can get along and work together. If you are having any issues with someone in the group please let me know and I will work with you and the other person to get it settled. If you are being disrespectful or offensive after I have brought it to your attention, you will be removed from the RP.
Plotting and Planning: All planning and OOC conversations will be done on Discord once the cast has been decided. Plotting is key for the story, so please try to plot with everyone. Just remember that plotting is a two-way street, both parties need to agree on an idea before it is written. Also, if someone reaches out to you, please don't ignore them. Stay active in the OOC even if it's just to say hi, just so I know that you’re still around.
Posting: Please be able to post at least 2 times a week. I understand that life can be busy and things happen, but please let me know if at any time you are unable to keep up with the post minimum and we will discuss how to work it out. If you are not keeping up with the expectation and have not reached out to me, you will get a warning that you are not active enough, and if that goes unfixed your character will be removed.
GM: As the GM of this roleplay I reserve the right to enforce these rules, as well as update, change, and add to the rules.

© pasta

Plot
Once upon a time, in a kingdom far far away, there lived a princess…

That was how all fairytales started, right? When we hear about princes and princesses, kings and queens, we all imagine the perfect picturesque life that they must live. Garden parties, ribbon cuttings, red carpet appearances - it all sounds so glamorous and elegant. That’s because it is. The royalty of the world is the 1% of the world’s 1%. They have money, power and fame. And maybe that’s why the rest of the world is angry with them.

What the hell do the royals really do for their countries?

In an increasingly unstable political climate, the political elite are frequently having to reassert and justify their position and role in society. In a culture of parties and excess, what is there to take seriously for the young social elite? This was clear at the recent state dinner hosted by Switzerland, where several young royals’ dirty laundry was aired and ended up on the front page of several tabloids around the world. Unfortunately, this was not the first time that a scandal involving the young political elite was leaked to the media. With the public angry and their confidence in the world’s future leaders declining, damage control had to be done.

'World Leaders of Tomorrow’ was the answer - a month-long conference meant to educate the future generation of leaders on world issues, charity work and more. A public image makeover for our young reckless royals, if you will. The King and Queen of Monaco have graciously offered their home to host the conference. Young royals from around the world have been invited and many are expected to be in attendance. Of course, everyone will be expected to be on their best behavior and to put their best faces forward. All eyes will be on them, waiting to see if they will fall from grace, or miraculously redeem themselves in the eyes of the public. It will definitely be a royal affair for the books.
Rules
♛ All site rules apply!
♚ Literacy: This is an advanced lit rp. Literacy is important to me! Grammar, vocabulary and spelling are necessary to be a part of this rp. I am not going to put a paragraph minimum on posts, sometimes writer's block happens, but the roleplay needs to move forward, so you need to be able to post enough for others to have solid replies.
♛ Casting: There is no set limit or minimum for the amount of characters in this RP. This is not a first come first serve RP, characters will be submitted and the characters that are determined best fit will be accepted. Character sheets will need to be completed before the set deadline to be considered. Faceclaims will need to be real people...and the age of the characters will be 20-30.
♚ Respect: Please be respectful and polite in all OOC conversations. This rp only works if everyone can get along and work together. If you are having any issues with someone in the group please let me know and I will work with you and the other person to get it settled. If you are being disrespectful or offensive after I have brought it to your attention, you will be removed from the RP.
♛ Plotting and Planning: All planning and OOC conversations will be done on Discord once the cast has been decided. Plotting is key for the story, so please try to plot with everyone. Just remember that plotting is a two-way street, both parties need to agree on an idea before it is written. Also, if someone reaches out to you, please don't ignore them. Stay active in the OOC even if it's just to say hi, just so I know that you’re still around.
♚ Posting: Please be able to post at least 2 times a week. I understand that life can be busy and things happen, but please let me know if at any time you are unable to keep up with the post minimum and we will discuss how to work it out. If you are not keeping up with the expectation and have not reached out to me, you will get a warning that you are not active enough, and if that goes unfixed your character will be removed.
♛ GM: As the GM of this roleplay I reserve the right to enforce these rules, as well as update, change, and add to the rules.

Last edited:
May I ask if I can roleplay an adult king for this rp? or only princes/princesses are allowed?
Roles are only young royals...princes/princesses or duke/duchess titles. These young royals have been sent to the conference by the higher ranking royals, kings/queens

i may have taken a break... but this brought me out of hiding hahaha! def interested!
Yesssss join us! Character page I up, feel free to post your charrie there...no deadline on when they need to be completed, as I'm waiting for more interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back