• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rosewind Tavern (Walk in Always Welcome!)

Emerald heard her name and smiled. "I am Emerald. Its nice to meet everyone. And I believe they said its half the payment" She spoke up after a long silence of thinking.
"The dwarven cities under their mountain should be a place to start I would think" She blushed not use to speaking up.

Arrow opened the bag of gold and started counting the coins, examining them in the light and placing them into methodical stacks. "Well, guess it really is five hundred." He looked around, having been mostly oblivious to everything around him. "What's a Windsor Clan? Oh, dwarves, of course. Of course I have to deal with dwarves. Well, their steel is quite nice. Durable, sturdy, I might be able to barter for some."

"Eighty-six," Ishkira corrected, looking at everyone with wide eyes. "You're a healer...?" She pointed to Levi, then lowered her hand. "Sorry..."

Emerald smiled suddenly excited to see the Underground kingdom of the Dwarves.
"I have never seen a dwarven city. I have only met a few dwarves in my life" She said her eyes twinkling with glee. Shade wrapped around her legs before jumping oj the table and laying down.

Emerald looked at him with an eyebrow raised.
"I only met travelling merchants. Though the Monks didnt like trading with them. Dwarves didnt negotiate. You paid their price or they moved on. I always just chatted with them." She smiled watching Shade her head shaking.

Shiki tilted his head"Are you sure you met dwarves or just normal short people?.. Dwarves are good, but they have a thing for money"He stated

Emerald giggled at his response. "I am sure, I don't think any other creature is as hairy as a dwarf. Especially the two females I had met" She told him, taking a look around. She was trying to stiffle her yawn. She didn't want to waste money on a room. So she figured her and Shade would sleep in the stables. The gold could come in handy later on. Besides, the Monks taught about living with little means. The stables would be more comfortable than her pad at home. Emerald looked like she was going to say something, but before she could, Rhyse spoke up loudly.

"Well, I guess I am getting a bit of sleep before morning. I assume we leave at first light? Any one who has accepted that is." Rhyse seemed to be saying that to everyone, but stared at Emerald with a glare that could put Emerald six feet under. She shivered away from him, and Rhyse smirked a little at that. The Cursed One was scared of him. Good, she should be. Once she slips up, she is done for. Rhyse thought to himself before going back upstairs to the room he had already rented. Ember followed him slithering across the floor

Shiki sighed and smiled before going outside to call his sister. He was about to open the door before she came in. She was obviously tired

"Alright..Anyone who hasn't rented one yet, get a room, I'll pay" She said as she held back a yawn. Shiki was surprised

"Are you sure?" He asked. His twin waved away his question and went to rent their rooms. Shiki sighed. It would be useless to argue about that

Emerald smiled, but never intended to rent a room. A stable would be fine for her. It had been many nights before, when she was on fowl watch. Down in the small stables that the monastery had. It housed both horses and cows. She waited until they went to rent the rooms, and slipped out of the Inn. She went to the stables, and gave the stable boy a gold coin to let her stay in one of the stables without being told. Truth be told, she could see how skinny the poor boy was. She wanted to make sure he could get some food. Shade had shifted to full size once the Stable Boy was gone. He curled around Emerald and they started to drift to sleep.

Emerald looked up and shook her head with a small smile. "The stables are enough for me. I much rather let others take the rooms." She explained with a small shrug. She had grown up getting the last of everything. Because of what she was. Many of the monks didn't mind her, but just as many hated her. Thought that every bad thing that happened was because they had taken her in. Maybe that was why she seemed to want to help so bad. To try and find a way to prove she wasn't that evil creature people thought she was. She had to walk on egg shells with most. "But thank you for the offer."

Shiki didn't seem comfortable with it but it was her life and she did what she wanted with it. He shrugged"Alright.Good night"

With that Emerald left and went to sleep. She awoke a few minutes before the sun would start to rise. She was too excited to sleep long. So she did what the monks had always done. She worked out slowly, wanting to stretch out the kinks, and calm her mind. Shade had shrunk back down and was curled in the warm spot she had left. He had muttered something about not needing to be up this early, and went back to sleep. Emerald had to laugh at that. He was such a funny cat.

Shiki slept soundly. He didn't dream anything. Temota though wasn't so lucky. She spent most of the night awake, anytime she actually slept, she would get nightmares. At the end, she only slept soundly for two hours and came down looking more tired than yesterday. She woke up earlier than Shiki since she mostly didn't have to sleep.

Emerald was getting hungry, so she stretched and the two walked into the Inn. Imediately she sees Temota and how tired she is. She walked over carefully.
"Cant sleep? If its bad dreams I may be able to help"
She said shyly. She could create nightmares and good dreams. She figured blocking them wouldnt be that hard. Besides she owed her for standing up for Shade and herself. It was very likely that she would be in the cells for murder had she not helped.

Temota blinked and smiled weakly. She really appreciated the concern
"I..Thanks but..I'm not sure if you can help..I mostly just stay awake during the night for a few hours since i'm used to keeping watch" It was half truth, half lie. The patrol part was true, while the lie part was that she couldn't really sleep well because of the nightmares and she didn't really want to concern her with that

"But I appreciate the offer though" She smiled again

Emerald smiled a little sadly, but reached and grabbed a necklace off her own neck. She handed it to the girl. "Wear this, and it will shield the nightmares away. Think of it as a gift. I make these for the monks all the time. Especially our Seers. That way they can tell real visions because they don't have nightmares. Very few can make it through, and only magically cast"
Without saying much more she got up and walked to the front of the tavern. The actual owner and staff were human. They didn't remember anything but them renting rooms.
"May I order some breakfast?" Emerald asked politely, ignoring the suspicious looks she was getting. That she was use to. Though it still hurt to see it. She pushed down the anger and hurt, not wanting to deal with it.
"Sure, what can we get you? Oh and its pay up front" The owner said rudely, making Emerald scowl. That made the two female waitress's to step back, as her shadows swelled. She took a calming breath and nodded. "Here, take this gold coin. Let it pay for any of my companions meals" But the owner held up his hand, after taking the gold. "I don't think this will be enough cursed one."He sneered rather rudely.

Rhyse awoke cracking his back a little. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but it was passable. Better than camping any day. He gathered up his stuff, ensuring his armor and weapons were clean and sharp. He made sure everything was secured in the pack before picking it and Ember up. Ember wrapped around him, down his middle. It was where she usually sat. The lazy thing hated to move on its own. He came down stairs in time to see the shadows surrounding Ember. He started to run down the stairs, his hands bursting in flame, then it stopped. He was a little shocked. She had stopped attacking the humans. So Rhyse stopped, and watched her with narrowed eyes. He didn't trust her not to attack again. Then he heard her pay for the meals, and he felt a little bad. What? No he couldn't. Those beings had killed his people, his entire village. He wouldn't allow it to happen to another again.

Temota took the necklace and looked at it in surprise. She looked at Emera.d and new that she couldn't convice her otherwise. She wa such a nice girl. She wasn't evil like Rhyse said

"I..Thank you" Shen smiled. She put it on and took a deep breath. That meant she had two necklaces now, one was covered by her cloak and the other was Emerald's

Arrow sat up and stretched. "Hm, I'll be back at ten tomorrow. Bye." With that, he left the establishment, though his mouse remained, unnoticed, under a table.

Ishkira, meanwhile, closed her notebook and retreated upstairs.

Shiki woke up some minutes later and went downstairs. He looked at his sister, who was drinking some water and was looking tired as always

"Good morning" He said. Temota nodded as he sat beside Emerald
"Slept well?" He asked. Temota shrugged
"Same as always" She said. Shiki sighed. He could try to help her but she was already used to sleeping a few amount of hours. She looked tired pretty much all the time

Emerald sighed, not wanting to start a scene. She quickly gave him a second coin. She pointed to her table before going back.
She smiled when she saw Shiki. Though it was easy to tell he was worried about his sister. She hoped the charm would help.

It was a few minutes later that the servers brought them all some cold veggie stew and ale. Emerald scowled, this was what they got for 2 gold. Her eyes flashed with righteous anger.

Temota glanced at the food and stood up and left to talk to the manager

"Don't threathen them like at Lippy's" Shiki reminded her before she left. She once threathened the manager at one of his favourite taverns and they ended up getting served well, before they banned him from going in there.

"I'll try not to" She said. Temota gave him a small shrug and a smirk before leaving

Emerald watched her and shook her head. Fear in her eyes
"No its fine, I should have just got someone else to buy it. Please don't make a scene. They always blame my kind when that happens" She muttered before looking down at the cold food, and taking a bite. She was tired of being the scape goat. But what was she suppose to do? She couldn't attack them because it confirms their beliefs. She couldn't demand anything, because that might well bring guards down to try and kill her. She just wanted to treat her new travelling companions to a warm breakfast. She figured the two gold would still get them something better than the scraps from the day before.
"I am use to this" She added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back