• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rosewind Tavern (Walk in Always Welcome!)

(I missed a lot)

Emerald continued to watch the entire discussion without saying a word. She just looked around the room. She figured that Rhyse would be glaring at her, but he was watching the others with a some what hesitant look. As if he wasn't sure about this. Emerald was in the same boat. This seemed way too out of their world. Out of their league. She has barely seen the world, let alone try and save it. And why do they need us? Why the thousand gold? None of it was making sense. She just brooded.

"Rhyse watched the exchange with amusement, though he would look over at the mysterious people. Whoever they were, they were powerful. To hold a realm this long? He knew mages that tried to master it all their lives. Still, the story seemed a little too far fetched. That seemed to be alot for a thousand gold. Maybe he was better off declining. Though he would then lose track of that damn Cursed one. So he figured he was in. He took a few bites and all seemed normal. No spells attacked him. It was just normal food.

The two watched the entire thing without responding a word. Just letting them argue amongst themselves. Eventually though, it was starting to get annoying. They needed to get this show on the road. So to speak. The woman turned to the group and raised her voice.
"Whether we are gods or not, this is still a job that pays one thousand gold. Consider this as a practice run. If you want to continue getting paid well, you take the jobs. You don't have to. As much as we don't want to see this civilization die out. If it does, it just means a few thousand years by ourselves. Again. As to why we can't do it? We are forbidden to directly attack her. Just as she is forbidden to leave her cage unless she has won the game. The problem is, we need to keep her in the cage. Unless you want to see the start of the slow decline of your existance. Corruption will infect everything. Empires and Kingdoms will fall. Eventually there will be nothing left."
She said, almost sounding bored. Large coin purses land in front of each person. "Five hundred now. Five hundred later. The first task is actually to aquire a certain relic the Windstone Cult has."

Temota looked from her hood at the bag of gold. After staring at it for a while, she put it in her bag

Shiki also put his somewhere "So..What's this relic? Where's the Windstone cult's hideout?"

The two of them laughed a little. "Now your getting 1000 gold out of this. You will know when you see the relic. Ask around and find the cult and take its sacred relic. Then and only then will we chat again."

With that the entire place seemed to go back to normal. The two entities gone. The food gone. All that was left was the gold. Even the regulars were back.

Temota just stood up and went outside"See you in a minute"

Shiki didn't immediately leave"Okay..Very helpful..They could have at least told us where or what to find or a clue." He seemed irritated

Emerald looked around and saw Shade under the table. With a small squeek she went down and hugged him tightly. Never before had she lost him so completely. She had only felt half alive. She had heard the cult name somewhere.

"I remember some adventurers mentioning a cult similar to that at the monastry. They said it was in the dwarven mines?" She shrugged a little. She didnt want to steer them wrong and get accused of a set up.

"Oh, so I did miss a lot," The man said, gazing down at his fingernails. After blowing them, he glanced up at the crowd and rubbed the back of his neck. He didn't feel too comfortable about the situation since he didn't know any of them at all. Especially when seeing the peering darkness outside the windows. "I assume we're locked in, right?"

Shiki shrugged"We were..Before everything went back to normal? Anyways, I'm Shikimiriki but you can call me Shiki or anything else" Shiki took out his hand to shake

"Levi," He responded, shaking the man's hand. "Nice to meet you, Shiki," he said before looking at the others. "What's going on now then?"

Shiki smiled"Nice to meet you " He looked over at the group"Other than the whole 'let's save the world' thing, nothing interesting except my sister and Arrow's constant arguments.." Shiki sighed" We're planning on finding the relic of the Windstone cult and meeting back here? But we have no idea where they are except that they're probably at the dwarven mines"

Levi nodded, "I see." He assumed that the similar-looking person was Shiki's sister and the older male standing next to her was Arrow. Something about his words though seemed to have confused him, "What do you mean 'save the world?' And the relic of Windstone cult? What? All I just heard was that there was a 1,000 gold payment so I wanted to aid with that." He then averted his eyes as he muttered under his breath, "And maybe take 70% of it."

Shiki blinked. He probably didn't listen to what they were talking about. Shiki sighed. How long was Levi asleep?

"Okay, so the two people that were here are gods, that's what they say anyway, Their sister want to erase the world and reset it and since they can't beat her up, they chose us. We're supposed to..Dunno stop her or something and the first step is to get the relic, then the god-mages people are gonna tell us what to do next" He explained

Levi rubbed the back of his neck at the whole explanation that Shiki had given him. It was hard to believe, for sure. But seeing the situation that they were all in, it's reasonable. "Alright, I'm only experienced in medical warfare, not otherworldly wars." He sighed, shrugging, the thought of 1,000 gold popping back into his head. "But since the money they will give is a lot, I'll try to help. Try," he emphasized.

Shiki smiled and shrugged"Being a medic helps, So we won't have to rely on Temota's herbs" He made a gagging gesture. Sure they were helpful and effective but most of them tasted horrible.

"So..That means you were in wars?" He tapped his chin

Levi took a glimpse at Shiki's sister and smirked at his comment as well as the gagging gesture, "Well, herbs aren't supposed to taste great. It really depends on what kind of injuries or sicknesses you have," he said. Replying to his question, he told him, "Yes, I've been in a few wars. Some were bloody, some were just pointless battles."

Temota just nodded in greeting before leaving the tavern

Shiki looked at his twin and shook his head. His head snapped to Levi's direction when he heard about the wars.

"War in general is pointless" He sighed.

Levi nodded in agreement, "You're right. But it happens plenty of times that it's pretty much normal at this point." He sighed, crossing his arms. "When you're a medic, you have to be ready for constant call-ins."

"I can..." Levi said, a frown appearing on his face, "But it's not so simple, nor is it fun that way. I require a higher fee for an instant heal on broken bones. Other than that, it'll have to be the manual wait-a-few-months-to-heal." He then chuckled even though there was nothing funny about it. He spoke as he glanced somewhere else, "When it's urgent... Let's say for example, a losing battle, then I suppose I use healing powers. Although for me, it's not so pleasant."

Scratching his head, the man realized something that was definitely not what had came out of his mouth. Large coin purses that were left out in the open were found at the corner of his eye. "Wait... We just receive the reward like this? What if someone were to bail out on this and take the money? Isn't that stupid of them?" He asked with a certain look on his face, referring to the questgiver and purposely insulting whoever it is.

Shiki nodded at his explanation and looked at the money. Levi had a point, but he didn't think it was possible or likely

"I don't think it's..Possible.." His voice reduced. Now that he thought about it..It was rather stupid.

Levi sighed, shrugging. "I'm assuming that the person knows that all of us are rather good...? If not, then I got nothing else."

Shiki shrugged"Also a quick warning..Arrow and my sister are going to annoy themselves to death so..Get used to it.. Also, Arrow and me are quite the flirts so..get used to that too..Rhyse also hates Emerald so..Get used to that.." Shiki said sighing and facepalming at the same time

"Hearing the whole quarrel happen from upstairs, I kind of figured that I would have to get used to it," Levi said, uncrossing his arms. "I'm not the type to be all flustered over some flirt, so I'll be fine." He didn't comment on the names that he clearly didn't know anybody by.

Shiki facepalmed again. Maybe that's what woke him up?

"Anyways, The zombie is Rebecca, the small elf girl is Ishkira, she's actually..Eighty seven..?" He shrugged. He didn't remember

"Emerald is the lady in black. She's a Shadow Born but don't judge her she's too..Naive to be evil. Also there's Shade, the shadow cat that can shapeshift into a winged panther with claws..He's Emerald's familliar, so..Don't touch the cat. I guess you already know Arrow..His rat's name is Socrates..Don't try to kill him..The rat, I mean, My twin sister Temotamiku. Call her that or Temota, nothing else..And finally there's Rhyse, the 'Fire McHands' who probably has more adventuring experience than us since his exploits are common in taverns.. Also he has a snake-dragon thing of some sort" Shiki said, introducing him to everyone and took a deep breath. He normally didn't talk so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back