• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rosewind Tavern (Walk in Always Welcome!)

Emerald looked at the two and shook her head sadly. "Its better to just ignore it. Sometimes it hurts, but mostly you get use to it. Not everyone is like that. You learn to appreciate the ones who are kind." She told them as the child ran off. She looked around and didn't see Rhyse yet, though she was sure he would be out eventually. "But thank you, not many are willing to stick up for me" She told them again with a smile. "Alright, should we get going?"

Rhyse watched everything unfold and scowled. Even he found the woman's words distateful. Emerald herself hadn't done anything to garner that much hate. He might hate her, but at least he hated her for what she was. He wouldn't attack her personally like that. Or so he thought. In reality he was just rationalizing his behavior after witnessing how kind Emerald could be. Once the twins left, as he didn't want to get caught, he walked up to the two. It didn't take long for them to notice. The waitress seemed to try and flaunt herself. He was a little disgusted at her blatent flirtation. Did she have no respect?
"You know, its not nice to disrespect those who come into your Inn. Unfortunately when someone else isn't nice, I get mean." He said simply. He swung and punched the man in the throat. Sending him choking on the ground. Once his hand came back up, it was lit in flame. The lady went to hide and he smiled wickedly. "Don't worry young one. I won't hurt you. But be careful who you mess with when you are rude. You never know how nice their companions are" He hissed. She nodded eyes large. Once done Rhyse carried Ember around him, and left. He came out just to hear Emerald's question.

"I think we can" He said stopping. He smiled at the group, even a strained one to Emerald. She looked a little weary but took it anyway. He had seen nothing but kindness from this one. So perhaps cursed ones weren't born evil. Still, they all eventually fall to evil. As far as he knew. So he would ensure that Emerald died before she was too powerful. If she stepped down the corruption path. Until then, he would work with her and the group.

Shiki and Temota nodded and stood up. They both felt kind of bad since they couldn't do anything about it. But then again, not everyone could be convinced.

When Ryse suddenly spoke, they both jumped. Well, Temota almost did. Their reactions to his smile was different though. Shiki smiled back while Temota just blinked and stared at him. Something was off, why was he nice all of a sudden. She almost gasped when he gave Emerald a strained smile. Maybe it was their noise making with the waitress? Shiki stood up and sighed

"You're right..We have to wait for Ishkira though.." He said

Rhyse nodded. "I agree, but the market is just a bit down the road. Perhaps we can start by getting supplies? We might even overhear something." He asked looking at all of them. "We have no idea what this quest will throw at us. I for one want to be prepared." His gaze stopped on Emerald for a moment longer than the rest, though he turned to Temota. "Look, I owe all three of you an appology. I assumed Emerald, that you were a fully grown Cursed One. It would seem you haven't fallen yet." He said, trying to sound friendly. But the look on Emeralds face it hadn't worked. He raised an eyebrow as he heard the little black cat snarling at him.
"I am sorry?" He asked unsure of what he had said.

Emerald looked him trying not to over react. She was just sick of it. "We aren't cursed, and we don't succumb to anything. There are plenty of my people living peaceful lives. They chose to live on the shadow plane because this world treats them like crap. Maybe thats why they become dark huh? The fact that no matter where they go, thats how their treated. If you can't get enough basic respect, many turn to getting fear instead." She snapped. Rhyse looked a little taken back before he sneered and started to walk away. He clearly not dealing with her crap. Emerald scowled shaking with anger. This was her cherry on top. She couldn't help her reaction.

Shiki and Temota watched. Shiki accepted his apology while Temota just shrugged. It was better to have him like this than mean, even if it wasn't really working. They both watches the exchange, Shiki was somewhat worried they would lunge at eachother while Temota was indifferent. Shiki sighed and pat Emerald on her shoulder, attempting to calm her down.

"Hey! The market is that way" Temota told Rhyse. Last thing they needed was them getting lost. Shiki was already a regular in the market, known for flirting with the vendor ladies so he figured it wouldn't be hard, getting information.

With a bit of a sheepish look, Rhyse turned around and continued walking. He looked at the two, but didn't feel one hundred percent comfortable to speak. They seemed to really like Emerald, which to him was odd. Sure she seemed sweet, but she could be dark just as quick as a coin drop. He had seen Cursed Ones in their prime. When they spend years conquering small villages. Killing all of them, or enslaving them. He had seen his entire family fall to that. He wasn't going to let it happen again. Still, he doubted he would get help from either of these to eliminate Emerald before she can become a fully evil entity.
"Right, well I need some supplies."

Emerald took a few deep breaths, though Shade had no issue going up to Rhyse and attacking his leg, causing him to yell and try to kick the cat.
"Keep your damn beast under control" Rhyse snapped back at her. Emerald sent him a glare that could burn you to the ground.
"Shade is not a beast, nor under my control. You shouldn't have pissed him off" Emerald snapped back. It was clear that even though the differences were put aside for the most part, that these two would probably hate each other the whole time. Emerald shook her head and ignored Rhyse as Shade continued to use his ankles as mouse toys. Not even his familar helped him. The snake slythering to the ground and to the grass to sleep. Rhyse scowled at it as Emerald saw. Instead Emerald decided to walk with Shiki.
"So whats the craziest adventure you have had so far?" She asked, genuinely curious about her new companions. Well, most of them. She glared at Rhyse again before looking back.

Shiki and Temota watched the exchanged and sighed. It was getting somewhat annoying. Temota decided to help. She walked to Rhyse and Shade and knelt down, petting Shade.

"Hey Shade, can Rhyse have his legs back? He needs them to walk and we need him to get information so can you stop playing with his legs? Please?" She said in a sweet way. She loved cat's.

Shiki smiled at Emerald's question and tapped his chin.
"Well..The craziest one I remember is the time we had to pretend to be eachother." He chuckled at the memory"We had to swap everything"

Almost as soon as Temota came near Shade, he abandoned his game causing Rhys to mutter in relief. Shade instead rubbed against her legs meowing at her with a cute squeak. Emerald didnt pay attention to her suck up shadow bound. Instead she listened to Shiki.
"Oh my gods! That must have been uncomfortable. But funny, how did it end up to you switching roles?" She asked genuinely curious.

Rhyse was just glad to get his ankles back. He sent the cat a glare that went ignored. He didnt say anything not wanting to put him in worse standing with the twins. He would need their help when Emerald starts to slip. Instead he saw the market straight ahead. Rhyse was so in his thoughts, and didnt realize that he was targetted. He just felt the young girl bump into him.
"Sorry mister"
Rhyse scowled, it wasnt a good day.
"A young one like you should be playing in the fields, not annoying travellers" He snapped but the girl was gone. His hand flew to his coin purse suddenly feeling lighter. When he realized.
"Gods Damn it! get back you filthy thief!" He yelled uselessly. The child was gone.

Temota pat Shade on the head, smiling as he purred. He was so cute!. She looked up when she heard Rhyse yell. A thief? Someone must have pickpocketed him. Giving Shade one last pat and gripping her pouch, she walked over to him

"Money issues?" She said, pulling up her hood.

Shiki smiled at her curiosity. It was nice to tell someone about their travels other than the men at the taverns

"Well, we were both challenged at what we couldn't do. I was challenged to an archery contest and Temota to a melee one..And we had to take part so we could investigate a theft. Hehe, Temota's face though" He laughed at the memory. Her face was the funniest angry face she made.

Emerald tried to picture Temota trying to dress and act like her flirtatious brother made Emerald to giggle. Shade followed Temota and pawed at her leg. Clearly giving her a cat signal that he wanted be picked up. Emerald giggled even more. "Shade says that he likes you Temota. So I will quote. He said that unlike a certain someone Temota knows how to treat him." She shook her head with a laugh. She had scolded Shade mentally, reminding him he wasnt just a cat.
The yell made her look up. When she realized his entire 500 gold was gone, or she assumed by the red in his face.
Rhyse was short tempered and fire flickered around his hands and along his clothing before going out.
"That little brat" he didnt continue because Emerald put her hand on his shoulder.
"Here" Emerald seemed to take 10 gold out and handed hers over. Rhyse looked shocked.
"But why?" He asked and she shook her head.
"I am not doing this for the money. I want to see the world. I dont need it, just keep this one secure" She wouldnt let him not take them before returning to Shiki and their conversation.
"Thank you" Was all Rhyse could say, staring at the coin purse. He put this one in his chest pocket. He had been too cocky that he felt he didnt need to worry in the small town. Clearly he was wrong. And that child got the most gold they would ever get. Thats when he realized that maybe he misjudged Emerald. Could someone that kind truly become evil? This woman gave over her gold because she knew he would have gone after the kid. Instead she helped the situation all around.

Temota smiled at Shade and picked him up, petting him and chuckled at Emerald's words"Aw, thank you Shade" She booped his nose.

Shiki smiled at them. He was somewhat surprised that his sister smiled more often. He shook his head and turned to Emerald snickering.
"And I had to act like a person who hates everything and everyone and I couldn't even smile or our cover would be blown" Shiki continued gesturing at his sister who was too busy playing with Shade to notice.

Shade rubbed his head against the side of her, before climbing onto her shoulders and wrapping around her. His head purring under her ear.

Putting the last ten gold that she now had in a hidden pocket, she paid attention to Shiki laughing. She already could tell that would be difficult for him.
"How did you handle it? I cant see you doing that" She looked at Temota. "She seems happier than you make her sound though. Even with dealing with my little suck up" The last words were louder so Shade could hear it. His response was to nuzzle Temota's ear.

Temota burst out laughing. Her neck was her tickle spot and her weak spot. Shade was close to it, she could feel the familliar tingle.

Shiki smiled. It was difficult, he knew that.

"What can I say, I'm a good actor" He winked at her. His smile faltered some at Emerald's next words

"Well..It doesn't really last long.." He said, looking at his sister with an unreadable expression

Emerald's smile fell hearing his last words. Emerald put her hand on his arm for comfort.
"Then we can both try and make her happy on this quest. I hate to see such a good person so sad." She told him, lowering her voice. She didnt want Temota to hear her. "I hope my necklace will help her. It helps block nightmares. Everyone deserves a good sleep" She stepped back and dropped her hand.
Shade noticed and shifted to not tickle her too much. His mind reached for hers. While he was touching a being, sometimes he can communicate, even in this form. Which had no proper vocal cords for speaking.
"You know that my favorite treat is fish" He tried to put the thought into her mind, linking telepath link if he could. He was currently staring at a small fish stand they were walking by.

Shiki smiled at Emerald. She was really nice, even to people she met the day before. He pat her head
"Thanks Emerald, that means alot to us" He smiled and looked over to Rhyse. He was too silent.

Temota could finally breathe when Shade shifted and suddenly tensed at the thought that was suddenly put on her mind. She looked at the fish stand with a look. She didn't like fish. She sighed

"Just this once, I'm not someone you can manipulate, but since you were hungry" She sighed and went to but some fish

Rhyse was still thinking, not wanting to intrude in his companions. Besides Emerald just gave him 490 gold. What is he suppose to say? That was more gold than most saw in a life time. Yet she handed it over without hesitation. He knew he wouldnt have done that. He saw Temota heading to the stand and walked over.
"I gotta get into Shades good books. Besides after Emeralds kindness, I would feel guilty not paying" He bought several treats, and still got a few silver and copper peices.

Emerald smiled a little.
"You guys showed me kindness most dont. I am just trying to repay it. Besides, like I told fireboy, I am on this quest to see the world and meet new people." She added with a small laugh. She noticed that Rhyse stiffened hearing her words, but relaxed moments later.

Temota gave Rhyse a satisfied nod, thankful that he paid. Not like she cared for money, but she needed some for her brother. Plus, She started to doubt Rhyse was full of ego.

Shiki smiled and pat her head once again.
"I'll do my best to help you out on your dream. I can also continue telling you about the places we've visited" He grinned.

Rhyse looked at Temota and gave a small nod before handing one of the treats to Shade. Who, somehow, managed to hold the treat in his paws and eat it, without leaving Temota's shoulder. It was funny to see. Rhyse shook his head a little and looked at the others.
"I am gonna branch off and go grab some magic supplies. Meet back at market square in an hour?" He suggested as he put away his change.

Emerald smiled but swatted his hand away from patting her head. "I would love to hear more about where you have travelled!" She said, her eyes lit up with true enthusiasm. She looked over at Temota and Shade. "If he is bothering you, you can push him off. He is more than capable of landing on his feet" Emerald told Temota with a smile before turning back to Shiki. She wanted to hear his stories. She had never met anyone like these two. Well, that wasn't much of a claim given how little she had seen. Still, she felt drawn to them.

Shade meanwhile finished his treat, without looking at Emerald, though his tail twitched a lot when she was talking. He seemed annoyed by her words, but not upset. It was clear that the bond between them was that of a sibling bond.

Temota raised a brow and smiled at Shade and Emerald's words. They argued like siblings. Temota shrugged
"I'll get the camping supplies, What will you two get?" She asked, turning to Shiki and Emerald, her normal, tired and blank expression in her face

Shiki smiled. He liked her enthusiasm and rolled his eyes at what she said to Shade. She sounded like Temota now. He shrugged at his twin's question. He knew the market like the back of his hand and knew most of the female vendors, so he could just help them look for the shops
"Dunno..I can help you find the shops thought" he said. Temota looked annoyed. They also knew her since she always got their food and travelling supplies from there. She was also known for dragging or in some cases, punching her twin from the ladies.

Emerald looked at Shiki. "Lets get our travel food, and other travelling gear." She asked him and then looked at Temota. "If you take Shade with you, we can communicate if we split up. We can speak to each other unless we are out of range of each other. So far we tested and it goes for a few miles. Plus Shade can nudge you, or communicate with you if he tries, to tell you when your reaching that mark." She asked her. Shade didn't seem like he was moving, and he had finished the fish. He licked his paws and laid his head on her shoulder. He closed his eyes, not interested in the town or the conversation. "We also look at getting whatever maps we can afford." She added. "Since we don't know how far we have to go" She had no idea other than that. She hadn't really travelled. Emerald didn't like seeing such a tired look at Temota's face. It really pulled at Emeralds heart. "So you know this town well?" She asked Shiki. "I have only been to the small village near our Monastery. They, uh, advised me that I couldn't leave. For my safety." She sighed. "Really it was to keep an eye on me. For who's benefit who knows" She added almost bitterly. She let the tone go and looked around. She couldn't help but take a deep breath in. The Sun was up, and the town was bustling. It felt more free than she had ever been.

Temota nodded and gave them both one last wave before leaving. It was quite a while since she went to the market.

Shiki's brow furrowed at her words. They didn't let her out..Weird and suspicious. He thought about showing her around but shrugged it off, not like they'll come back anyway.
"The market's this way" He said, taking Emerald's hand and taking her there

[Poor Emerald, she hasn't been in such a crowded place before]
Emerald felt him grab her hand, and continued following him. The market was a gorgeous little square. There were real store fronts, but also many stalls and small vendors on just a blanket. It was so cute. Still, she felt a bit overwhelmed. This was way bigger than what she was use to. Without realizing it, she stepped closer to Shiki. As if he could shield her from the anxiety that all the people were causing. As much as she liked it, more people meant more problems for her usually. Many people were looking at the two of them wierd. Giving her dirty looks. A few gave her a curious look. She kept her eyes down, trying to control her breathing. She had never had a panic attack before, but this was the beginnings of one.
"So where to first" She asked, trying to hide her reaction to the crowds. And failing miserably.

Shiki was exited to be there once again, smiling at some of the vendors who waved at him until he felt Emerald move closer. He looked at her worried, he could see her overwhelmed face. She was probably not used crowds and the stares were not helping. He looked around and saw one of the shops he usually went to and took her there

"Don't worry, there aren't many people there and the vendor is a nice person" He whispered as he opened the door and led her in

Emerald smiled grateful, and followed him into the shop with Shiki. "Thanks" She whispered, though she still looked a little shaky. She was still just trying to control her breathing. "I, um, I have never seen this many people before" She whispered. She looked around the shop. It was a quant little thing. Odds and Ends on all the shelves. She still, wasn't sure what she was suppose to do. She figured Shiki seemed to know the owner, and let him handle it.

Shiki let Emerald roam around as he chat with the owner.

"Ugh..You again? Make it quick, I don't want that beast of a sisster of yours to come barging in again"The man rolled his eyes playfully.
Shiki grinned"She won't, she's busy"
The man smiled"The usual?" Shiki nodded"Only for about.. seven or eight people?" The man nodded and glanced at Emerald with a raised brow"You interested in something there, lass?" He asked

Emerald watched him with the store owner. She didn't know what to do, so she just looked around the shelves. She was fasinated, so much so she didn't hear or register someone talking to her at first.
"Oh,me? No I am just looking around. I am with him" She pointed to Shiki. "You would know more about the supplies we need as travellers." She added to Shiki. In reality she was so out of her element, she wasn't sure what to do. The panic had subsided a little bit. But she would have to go back out in those crowds again some time. She made sure that she didn't put her hands anywhere it could seem like she was stealing. You could tell she was doing this, but Emerald didn't notice. It was ingrained in her that she was guilty unless proven otherwise. Not the other way around. She felt Shade reach out to her, worried.

Shade meowed a little into Temota's ear. Though it sounded more like words to her. "Emerald seems to be overwhelmed" He meowed to her. "Will your brother be okay if she has a breakdown?" He could feel her trying her hardest to hold herself together. But Emerald wasn't good at hiding her feelings. Or dealing with anything negative. So he worried for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back