World Building β­οΈ π™π™Šπ™‡π™€π™‹π™‡π˜Όπ™” π™π™€π™Žπ™Šπ™π™π˜Ύπ™€π™Ž ⭐️

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Okie dokie everyone. So I'd like to share a couple of sites with the community. I'm sure a lot of you have heard of them, but others might have not. Either way, these are some great resources for roleplay creativity. Also, if you have any sites that you'd like to add and compile into a big ol' Master List for everyone, feel free to share them here!

Heroforge: For creating characters

Inkarnate: For Maps

Worldspinner: For Maps

Some pretty nice sources, and a great idea for a thread! I'll make some contributions of my own then:

1. Need some circular image or token representation of the character? Then Token Stamp 2 might be for you.

2. Want a great place to store and organize information for worldbuilding or RPG campaigns? Try out World Anvil

3. Writing Excuses is a great place to learn more about writing!

4. Add a neat little text effect to your eldritch beings or robotic takeovers with the Zalgo text Generator

these are the ones that come to mind right now. I could also add color selectors and stuff, but you reach that pretty easily with googling even without knowing the precise words to use.

namegenerator.org - Great for all sorts of names! I’ve personally used it for multiple of my characters, and it's my go-to thing if I can’t think of a last name for a character. Isn’t the best for every kind of name (tried to find a Japanese last name with it once and it gave me a pretty wack array of options), but it's pretty good to fall back on if you really need something.

Lexilogos (Hiragana Keyboard) and Jisho - I put these two together because used in combination, they can be used to find a Japanese name in Kanji. (Which isn’t something everyone will always need, but it'll probably be useful to certain people) Google Translate is nice, but it's far from helpful in a few cases. I had to find my character’s name in kanji once (for a lovely roleplay that will be run by my friend Haz. Haz. ) Once you’ve found a name you want to use, type the first name into the hiragana translator and then paste the result into Jisho. You should find the kanji you want in a section off to the right hand side labeled ”Names”. Copy the appropriate kanji and paste it wherever, then rinse repeat with the last name. The name order is last name, then first name, with a space in between. It's a complicated process, but it works.

Grammarly - Just a generally really nice piece of software for ensuring you’re spelling everything correctly. Not for everyone, but I use it for typos galore and comma misuse. You can install it to browsers as an extension on PC, or install it as an app and subsequent keyboard on mobile.

This little blog about injuries/medical treatment is closed for new questions but it's useful as heck!

Also you may find other blogs in this family useful too:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back