Other Roleplay Confessions

I'm ostensibly down for romance in RP, and I often quietly ship characters during a RP but I have NEVER even gotten to the point where my character realises that they fancy someone, let alone makes a move.

I can't tell if it's because way back when I was last roleplaying on the regular they just never lasted long enough, or because I prefer to play the slow game, or because my characters are LOSERS. I think it's the last one. 

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else. But, there have been instances where in the story if something truly tragic or emotional occurs, I will start to tear up.

back when i roleplayed a whole lot more i was that annoying partner who always threw out ideas for us to use in the course of the roleplay and just ended up being too much that we both lost interest in the roleplay and it died out

I am guilty of falling for a character. Or getting a crush on him I should say. When I like a character, and the roleplayer is male, it makes me wonder about the roleplayer themselves. 

I'm only into roleplaying so I can be a huge dick.

Well, huger than I actually am, but y'know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I admittedly usually play cold characters, those who usually lack some empathy (not usually complete sociopaths, I don't do that unless I explicitly state I am playing a sociopath character, and no not an edgelord who murders people for fun)

I also admittedly play Russians a bit too much nowadays, or Slavic type characters, something about Slavs are intriguing to me... And no, they don't fall into a drunkard trope. Nor are they big muscly enforcer guys or always smoking hot women with no personality.

Lastly, whenever I do a military RP, especially one based in history, I usually only like to play Special Ops type roles or units with huge distinction in them from their history, I seemingly avoid them if I can't exactly fit that... (Although, at times in something like Vietnam War type stuff, I LOVE to play Vietcong so sometimes guerrillas work for me)

I have a tendency to write a huge post. Come to a writer's block, erase; and forget I ever tried to write something

I have a problem where I get way over attached to my characters...

Last edited:
I have like an existential crisis or something every post. Every time I write something I take like 30 minutes diving into the psyche of my character and deeply sinking into that character's mindset. I have to PERFECT the character's reaction and who they are in every post. I must BECOME the character. It gets fucking real.

I do this, too! I'll sit there and mess with my hair while I try to imagine every little single detail of the RP and how my OCs would reasonably respond. And then it ends up taking me forever to respond!

I tend to make more comic-relief characters/ characters who stink at fighting even though my favorite RPs tend to be ones that involve fighting. I like watching them more than winning them I guess :P

Hi, I'm new here and I'm interested in learning how to get started. If anyone could offer some advice and direction, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

My characters tend to have deep-seated psychological issues. Like one of my characters on a different site, Alagos. He seems pretty chill, kinda funny, etc. but if you pay close attention you can kind of tell his moral compass kind of lost the pointer a while back...

Then there's Krystal. She's got some obvious anger issues and... how should I say this? She's kind of 'easy'. There was some severe trauma in her high school days that culminated in her beating the shit out of a guy with a chain, though. Her backstory isn't really fully formed in my mind yet, so I just pretend whatever twisted her brain was repressed.

I assign a character's personality based on their zodiac sign. Essentially I look at the traits associated with each sign, pick the one that fits them best, and then use that to describe their personalities.

This is no secret from my current partners
but I get far too attached to the characters, even the ones not created by me~

I get really attached to my characters... Like, I have a set amount of characters that I use and I just make minor edits to them to match whatever roleplay I'm doing. I call them all my children XD

I also have a preference to play male characters despite being female irl. Not sure why... I guess I just feel more comfortable that way?

I have a bad habit of losing interest quickly - especially when I do a lot of world building pre the start of the roleplay. It's like i get so focused on the world being fleshed out that when it comes time to actually roleplaying i'm like...meh i'm bored now.

I type a bunch usually to describe the full extent of what my character feels, why they feel that way, and type the dialogue response to the other persons character. Sometimes I feel that I am getting too into it :dead:

Realistically, I should be limiting myself to 1-2 roleplays at a time as I tend to fixate on certain ideas and certain characters. However, I have poor impulse control and tend to join more roleplays than I can handle.

My favorite characters to rp always have a good sense of humor. I find stoic characters harder to play as I'm not a very serious person myself.

I sometimes read the other rps of people I rp with, and I sometimes read the rps of people I want to rp with, but don't reach out to due to shyness.

I feel anxious after responding to an rp. I don't know why that is.

I worry that I might be annoying partners by talking about certain OCs too much. I try to limit how much I talk about certain OCs when I feel I've mentioned them too often.

I am a perfectionist and take hours to write responses. I cry a little on the inside when my partner gets back to me a half-hour later with a multi-paragraph response to match mine.

Whenever I'm in some Rp where romance can be a thing, I'm always looking to see if there is a character whom mine can romance like personality and the like. Usually I let it happen naturally with someone else. I also wonder what people think about my characters which I always think of one the fly with like one core concept like who they ship them with, are they a good character in general, etc...

I'm also the type of person where I get excited about an Rp idea at first but then lose interest once I have something to do as much as I hate to admit that.

I'm also the type of person who says they're busy with IRL but really I'm just playing video games cause I still need to play them and they help for inspiration too! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back