Other Roleplay Confessions

Doomshroud

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕣
Have a confession about something you do while writing/roleplaying, or at the very least related? If so, then this is the place for you, friend!

I'm always going through other tabs while writing posts. I get distracted pretty easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reuse characters... and names. The same character from a diffrent rp may not be the same character but a rename of another character. 

When I read my dialogue out loud, I sometimes read it in a terrible and silly rendition of my character's voice.

I also make all of my characters' facial expressions as I'm writing. All of them.

I have the attention span of a nat. My average length of investment in roleplays is about a week. Unless it's something I'm super excited about which is pretty rare. I'm also on other sites pretty regularly so I forget or move on from roleplays easily.

I GM so I can actually use the ten billion character concepts that popup in my head.  Especially those concepts that are too passive/niche to become a good PCs.   

I hate naming characters and places, so when a name gets stuck on the character, I'll keep even if the name doesn't fit the setting.   

I have like an existential crisis or something every post. Every time I write something I take like 30 minutes diving into the psyche of my character and deeply sinking into that character's mindset. I have to PERFECT the character's reaction and who they are in every post. I must BECOME the character. It gets fucking real.

sometimes, after i've already posted my characters' response, i will go back and edit something out if i think it's extra. but then i turn around and think "wait, no, i'll keep it in for character development" and rush to rewrite that excerpt before my partner reads the response. but then i think no, my character will reveal this aspect of his/her personality later on in the rp and delete it again.

it's like an ouroboros of self-doubt. and probably annoying af for my partners whenever it happens and they just so happen to be there to see it.

I secretly want my partner to fall in love with my character so much that they cry whenever I threaten the character's very fictional life. 

i get attached to roleplays easily from pure excitement so when people leave me hanging i lowkey get mad like fuck you too okay lmao

i hate when people leave me hanging like if youre not gonna reply it'd be OKAY IF YOU TOLD ME

I can take forever to respond simply because I'll zone out while imagining the current situation or interaction, and how my character would react/contribute, without realising how much time has passed.

I don't do 1x1s a lot mostly because I have to already know or at least be acquainted with the other person first for me to be comfortable. I'm not sure why it isn't the same for me with group roleplays.

I tear myself down a lot when it comes to writing. Sometimes to the point that I won't want to be in a roleplay because I think people will hate my writing, or I'll lose the inspiration/motivation I previously had for the character I'm portraying.

I have the unfortunate tendency to unintentionally ship my O.Cs with other people O.Cs and being to much of a pussy, to initiate a ship with another player

I don't actually NEED to write so much worldbuilding stuff for my RPs or have long, detailed character sheets. I do it to set a standard that will intimidate players, so that only people who don't mind reading a lot of detail or are just really excited end up joining. Self-select for the audience you want, bruh.

I can't make a good OC. I never have been able to do that, so I always play canon characters. 

I also read through some of my roleplays whenever my partner isn't online, I'm bored, etc. I find it like a story. 

I often find myself not making a character because I want it to be something extrodinary and thought provoking, then I realize I'm practically numb to that stuff, so I take days of character thinking, scrap it, and just make a character "hands on" (means I make it up as I go, with usually one central idea).

I repeatedly have created a rp, got some people and while waiting for more people lost interest and told no one 

I can only rp after being inspired by something else. Like dress rosa from one piece got me role playing for a good 3-4 months, before the excitement wore off and I was back to not being able to spit out a paragraph. e.e

My favorite OCs are the villains, and even though they're not that atrocious I'm scared to write about them in fear that people would think I'm weird. (American Horror Story gave me a lot more confidence in that regard.) 

Even though I'm female myself most of my OCs are male.

I highlight the text and make my IPod speak it so that I can listen to what I've written. It's helpful in catching mistakes, and it's pretty satisfying and at times comical.

I constantly wonder whether I should create more diverse characters in age and heritage, but I have no idea how to portray them convincingly. 

I can't reuse characters or OC names. I find it confusing to have a character in separate universes with separate attachments to different people. Their environment molds them too much. I can't ship them with more than one character either, unless they are poly-amorous. 

I have a ton of RP ideas, but I hardly post them because I frankly suck at GMing/maintain RP activity (seeing as I'm not very active myself/have a tendency to procrastinate/am lazy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back