• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
At the moment, we have this for damage on the weapon:
Mega Damage: 2d4 MD for a single shell, 4d6 MD for a short burst of three shells or 6d6 for a long burst of six shells. SDC damage is 4d6 SDC per single shell.

Mega Damage: 2d4 MD per single shell/bullet, 4d4 MD per double barreled blast. When using SDC rounds, the damage changes to 4d6 SDC per single shell for buckshot and 5d6 SDC for a solid slug per barrel. Double the damage when firing both barrels at once.
The second quote is for the dual barrel version of the BigBore Shotgun, giving some stats for the buckshot and solid slug SDC rounds. I would have to say that a flamethower shot will probably do SDC damage unless you can convince me otherwise, but that may not be a bad thing; sometimes you want your target not totally vaporized by a MDC shot.

This puts the damage in the 4d6/6d6 SDC damage per flame blast. I'll ponder this and let you know.

Glad to see we're playing this game again! =)

First off, T'kar wants to direct Honey in using "her" Mega-damage blaster to tirelessly make the cavern a larger. While she's doing that, our team can get on with the moving.

I would have to say that a flamethower shot will probably do SDC damage unless you can convince me otherwise,

Psychie Psychie "Challenge" accepted! =)

Secondly, you've allowed things like mecha-sized plasma swords for Ajax mecha before with Gabi so I think the technology is even here on Earth in ASC times. That technology is now years old since we're now in the Invid Invasion, right? T'kar is a lifelong scientist, engineer, and designer nearly 6 centuries in age (585 years old!), he is beyond ancient in human years (can you imagine meeting someone today who was born in Christopher Columbus's time - the 15th Century?).

T'kar also comes from a technology base way past ASC (that being UEEF and Sentinels) and was born from the Karbarran race who are natural builders, mechanics, and inventors. T'kar has been working with and around science and technology all his life. He designs UEEF-level mecha and creates them from the ground up. Put in Robotech: Broadsword's terms, I think T'kar is definitely this game's "Cera." Now he is a UEEF Marine and as one, he has a much stronger firsthand understanding of ballistics and technology and how best to merge the two.

I mean, if ever you wanted something like the Glitter Boy in your Robotech game here, someone like T'kar could design and create it with the right resources. And we're talking about shotgun shells here.

What if he made reinforced temperature-resistant barrels for the Big Bore? Plasma "buckshot" shells (or "plasma shot" if you will) could be designed and created to take on multiple targets (1-3 who are close together?) but only at close range (say, 30 feet?). Also, plasma slugs could be created for longer range single-target threats (200 feet). Mind, that kind of range remains miniscule compared to lasers, grenades, conventional rifles and such, but this is a shotgun after all, and range is its big Achilles' Heel.

So what do you think? Does that argument work for you? =)

Oh, and I forgot to mention - I enjoyed the Star Wars - Return of the Jedi video! I haven't seen that scene in years and it brought back good memories! =)

Oh, and I forgot to mention - I enjoyed the Star Wars - Return of the Jedi video! I haven't seen that scene in years and it brought back good memories! =)
Episodes 4-6 are my favorites of the nine. I like episode 2 and 3 (1 was terrible), but 6-9 were not up to snuff for me.

Oh! I should have mentioned - T'kar has Field Munitions, Chemistry, and and load of other skills that I think would qualify him for this. But I must say that if you don't want this in your game, Psychie, then I don't want it! =)

Purr Purr

You do have the needed skills, so with the proper workshop and materials to make it with, you will be able to make up some flame rounds for your shotgun. It will be a pretty simple roll until you get to trying to make MDC rounds, which will have a steeper target number to reach.

Psychie Psychie Times like this I wish we had Action Points in here. Thanks for the help!

Sherwood, did Conway make this call in front of T'kar or do I get to RP one very surprised and trigger-happy bear when this new and unknown force just suddenly shows up at T'kar's hiding spot? =)

I will edit my post to say something as a heads-up to everyone that we have help coming.

Hooray for no friendly fire! As Killfire used to say, "Remember! Friendly Fire isn't!"

True that! A bullet from a friend is going to make you just as dead as one from the enemy.

Psychie Psychie Your post was somewhat vague about if we all saw the radar signals or if it was just T'kar. Do we all spot the Invid out there?

My bad. Yes, T'kar is the first to spot the various radar returns due to his familiarity with the Destroid cockpits, but it is something that all four of you are able to detect with enough time to lay low and warn the others in their staff car if you so choose. Or you can engage the Invid and hope for the best. Or you can do something completely different.

Ok, thank you.

Since Purr Purr spotted it first, I'll hold off on my post to give him a chance to send out the alarm.

I appreciate it because I don't have the opportunities to post as often you do.

The Invid are over five miles out, so at this point they should not have detected the distinct emissions of the Protoculture reactors in the active mecha that you guys are moving, so you have time to duck under the treeline and power down.

In T'kar's experience, approximately at what range are Invid able to detect Protoculture emissions, please?

In T'kar's experience, approximately at what range are Invid able to detect Protoculture emissions, please?
For most Invid, the range of their Protoculture sensor is one mile. For the Scout and Armored Scout class, the range of their sensors are two miles. At the moment, the Invid you picked up are five miles out, and are flying at a speed of 50mph, so you have time to react.

Psychie Psychie Is moving everything in the hidden cave to Conway's bunker an option? If we agreed to, is there enough room?

*Testing for echo* Anybody still in here? =)

Its only been you, me and Psy posting here. Is this going to a three person game?

I figured that conversation ended there and we were ready to move on. If that's not the case, I don't really see a great path to take from here.

I could press the issue of going on foot with a stealthy infiltration and in so doing likely come across as argumentative or insubordinate. Didn't seem like a route worth taking. I will say, the perks are if they do have mecha's, we could potentially salvage them with a methodical take down of the bandits instead of rendering them as slag. If they don't have mechas we save ourselves ammunition and fuel for ours.

Alternatively, I can just throw in IC Alan nods and accept the leader's decision as the end of it. I didn't think that needed to be said, but I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back