• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Righteous Fiends OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Assume you'll get the obvious, necessary loadout - a pack animal with food, bedrolls, necessary tools. You'll also get a little monster in a jar that can filter any water source to a drinkable state.
Feel free to embellish the generic stuff with biological twists, but focus on specific and unique things you want.

Hell yeah. And two not-immediate-but-eventually-valuable questions: is apostasy a problem for the Savaan, or is having your deity actively giving your friends and neighbors Glorious Blood Powers and the ever-watchful eye of the vampire-angels enough to keep the flock faithful? And when the Savaan hook up with adventurers, as you've mentioned happens, are the offspring Savaan?

Sounds great!

Are there like... signal whistle birds? Or bats? Cute/creepy fleshy things with wings that can fly as distractions or signal to teammates?

dae mec dae mec - Did you see Spiderheart Spiderheart 's request on the previous page? It's a good inspiration for the kinds of things I plan on asking about, and they have Scout Bats there !

Ok, so I have an abomination wishlist and I need to know how many of these I can make in the time available.

Scout bats and signal bats – pair-bonds of a larger, more intelligent specimen with behavioral mods to emit certain sounds based on what it's observing and a smaller, nearly flightless bat with a need to be facing its mate and the impulse to repeat their cries at a human-audible pitch. Essentially a low quality SONAR system made of bats. One pair needed.

Ghilleaches – gigantic leech/slug hybrids large enough to be worn as cloaks, whose dull brown-and-green outer surface makes them ideal for camouflage in swampy terrain. While they imprint on their wearers via a few drops of blood, they can largely subsist in a torpid state off the sweat, dead skin, and muck that accumulates on a traveler; this also makes them wonderful hygiene tools. If they or their host is wounded, they enter an active state where they envelop the assailant and attempt to exsanguinate them. Five needed, of course.

Thornswine – Paranoid came out 50 years ago yesterday, so let's get some war pigs up in here. Basically, these are feral hogs with the jaw strength of hippos, spines in lieu of bristles, and a joint in their lower jaw that lets them point their tusks outward when charging. 4-8 ideal.

... I did see that, but it completely slipped my mind because I'm dumb, lol.

A lot happens in this thread! And I also misread Xenon's post and thought they were asking me.

Hell yeah. And two not-immediate-but-eventually-valuable questions: is apostasy a problem for the Savaan, or is having your deity actively giving your friends and neighbors Glorious Blood Powers and the ever-watchful eye of the vampire-angels enough to keep the flock faithful? And when the Savaan hook up with adventurers, as you've mentioned happens, are the offspring Savaan?

Apostasy does not and has never happened. No apostates have ever emerged or is even hinted at. Please wait patiently for a Shade of the Divine to come to your home and answer any further questions on this topic.

The offspring appear to always be Savaan. No exceptions are known, but it's credible the scales are weighted in some way.

Last edited:
So a tragic ballad about a renegade Guard turning his back on Vasnok for a lover, and the horrible karmic death that follows, would not be a likely piece of art to exist. Understood.

So a tragic ballad about a renegade Guard turning his back on Vasnok for a lover, and the horrible karmic death that follows, would not be a likely piece of art to exist. Understood.

Oh if it's a work of fiction which ends with their karmic death that's fine. That's some quality state propaganda right there. You can even frame it as dereliction of duty over true apostasy.

I am so consistently glad you stick with my games despite the numerous false starts.

Baby steps here for me on this biological twist for equipment.

Taenial rope
Based on a large-animal, intestinal parasite this piece of equipment resembles a black rod approximately thumb-width and 30" long. When handled it proves very pliable and is easily wrapped around an arm or the waist where it clings for ease of carry. When pinched at either end it becomes supple and can be stretched to 50' while maintaining the strength of an equivalent length of hempen rope. If used for prolonged periods the rope will need to be allowed to shrink down and provided sustenance. When stretched to lengths greater than 10' the rope begins to lighten to brown then beige.

Hunter's Knife
More of a tool than a weapon, this broadbladed knife is ideal for camp life chores. Its blade is cultured from the tooth of a voracious predator, and its hilt carved from its bones. (Vorkerrigan would carry one)

Throwing Axes
Blades grown in a vat from bear claws these axes are handy when you need a little extra reach, or a makeshift step in a wooden pallisade. (Vorkerrigan would carry two)

Posted! I apologize for so many delays. I'm gonna start using a posting schedule around my work schedule so I'm not this slow. >.< Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday are my normal days off.

I wouldn't stress about it! Just nudge me if you absolutely don't want to let a scene go by without adding something; but in future there will be a lot of the pace at your discretion.
Cut-scenes over, we're in open world now. Find the map icons.

Grey Grey - i don't recall - did you want us to put a couple of NPCs into our character sheet that are background related? Might have been another game.

Grey Grey - i don't recall - did you want us to put a couple of NPCs into our character sheet that are background related? Might have been another game.

I didn't specifically want you to, but I did say it was encouraged with some simple guidelines.

• Their relationship to your character
  • Their role and/or ambition
  • One or more distinctive mannerisms

I'm working extra days this week so I'm not going to be able to have a response for a bit. Just wanted to keep in touch with you guys. I hope you're all doing well. 💗

I expect you'll have questions for me about the vats, Spiderheart Spiderheart

I trust the rest of you do embellish and expand as you like for a post or two until I pull the threads again.

Okay, some quick questions, and then I'll probably work on a post for tomorrow evening (evening at GMT-6, mind you).

How much are the vats just... raw material generators that give me Meat Legos, versus being thaumaturgic 3D printers that just plop out my ideas after sufficient time? Like, how involved is the vat process for a Surgeon trying to make custom creatures and/or standard designs?

Would it be a faux pas to snitch on the Sythse lady to one of her relatives in the hope that they can discipline her before the Shades have to get involved?

How much control does a competent vat technician have over their creations' temperament, priorities, and other intangibles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back