• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Righteous Fiends OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
My Discord is Grey#0992 if'n anyone feels like reaching me more directly, no promises I will not answer every statement with off-colour memes.

Okay, so we have at least one person in each role. How long do you wanna wait to see if we can pick up fourth and fifth players?

Until all the current players have written up their characters, I reckon. I believe we actually have four? Might be able to drum up a fifth without too much effort.

What up gang? I am finally carving out some time to get my character together. I am a n00b with dice systems so I hope you're ready for a silly train ride. I already spoke with Grey a little bit about this. I want to play a rogue-ish Twilight Guard character who can duel wield concealed daggers -stabby stabby- and can sneak around in the dark. Grey mentioned some Flicker Shadow powers to help balance out the power. I also thought that the Black Heart gift would be really neat. I'm open to more critiques and suggestions with this. 😄

Given that you're not playing a Shade, I might go for a more swashbuckler-esque "rogue" than a kills-from-the-shadows type, at least mechanically. Then again, this is ostensibly a covert op. It's completely feasible that someone other than the designated sneaky bastard was issued stealth gear.

If you wanna lean into the multi-weapon style chicanery, why not get an extra heart/pair of arms and quad-wield? Four knives are better than two, after all, and I can always take them off later if you don't like them.

Maybe my character was a Shadow-wannabe but wasn't skilled in the right way for the task? I like the idea of additional limbs! Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, Grey, one more specific idea/request for a gift, since we don't need an entire party with Divine Vision.

Psychophage

By expending a point of blood from a person as they withdraw it, the Surgeon can extract the details of a single memory or the truthful answer to a single question (which may well be that they don't know the answer). This ability can only be reliably used on a given subject so long as they have enough blood to be lucid – though they don't need to actually be lucid. This gift can drag information the subject has forgotten or suppressed to the surface, but doing so requires a check using Intuition and Empathy.

I like that but I will probably adjust it a tad after some thought - that kind of blood-based psychometry is kind of The Shtick for one of the other vampire clans.

I might share stuff on the clans for fun at some point but for now I'd rather keep them mysterious for the sake of your characters and your enjoyment.

In the hopes of still introducing a new Gift that doesn't tread on another clan's toes, here's another option:

Cerebro-Hematic Index

The Savaan's brain is no longer the sole repository of their knowledge; pieces of information are stored within their very veins, dormant, but waiting to be drawn back into the waking mind. By spending a point of blood, the Savaan can increase a Skill by 2 or a mental Attribute by 1 for the next hour; no more than one such effect can be active at a time. Skills and Attributes can be enhanced past their maximum this way, but doing so halves the effect's duration.

I like that one a lot, and I was actually pondering some fun distributed nervous system tricks for Surgeons especially.

This is my own reminder that I should update you guys about my character tomorrow morning. Sorry for being slow. ^^" Thank you all for your patience.

If anyone knows someone who'd be interested in the fifth slot feel free to invite them or try and sell them on it.

Spiderheart Spiderheart I've decided Living Apothecary is a-ok, might limit you to metabolizing up to 3 reagents at a time to avoid catastrophic mixing. Breath of Night is also fine as written.

I was like "What would give a character a penchant for administration?"
And then I was like, "Parenting skill maxed by 18. That'll do it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back