• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Righteous Fiends OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I'm probably gonna go for finding and eating every poisonous plant I can find, so Surgeon-exclusive toxins wouldn't be my main weapon anyway. That being said...

Solitaire: A small, red wildflower with knife-shaped leaves. Induces vertigo and prosopagnosia when consumed, leaving combatants unable to distinguish friend from foe and making their attacks at random.
Golden Lotus: A golden lotus (duh) with soporific properties. Each round where those dosed don't take damage, they lose one to all dice pools; when their combat pool reaches 0, they fall unconscious. Taking damage reduces the penalty by 1.
Sandalberries: Small, dull green berries, also known as "shitberries." Induces uncontrollable purging of the digestive tract in most mammals. Needs to reach the stomach to take effect.
Ironshank: A tincture made from the sap of certain hardwood trees. Slowly paralyzes the leg muscles, reducing their ability to move around the battlefield by half and then completely if a second dose is administered. A character can force themselves to move at the risk of seriously damaging their paralyzed muscles, taking 1 and 3 condition damage, respectively, for each turn where they exceed their allotted motion.

Looks good; might say ironshack paralyzes muscles around the exposure site so it inflicts damage on combat actions too if someone gets it in the arm.

Cool cool; I was worried that might be too powerful, but if the dosage levels are "you can attack exactly once/you can't attack" it should be fine.

Savaan are at the middle of the power curve so seeming OP is actually fine,
in system and lore, a Twilight Guard can absolutely wreck a couple of seasoned knights in full armour or a small group of peasants with spears - it's numbers and nonhuman threats you need to worry about.

Once we have an example Guard up, I invite you to ponder how screwed they'd be if Beaten Dog got to them.

Given the established ability to turn into a gas and tear apart enemies from within, against which living armor is about as useful as a tuba, my tentative guess is "all the trouble." Also, am I correct in thinking that what the H'Kaeri believe to be vampires are actually just Savaan?

Given the established ability to turn into a gas and tear apart enemies from within, against which living armor is about as useful as a tuba, my tentative guess is "all the trouble." Also, am I correct in thinking that what the H'Kaeri believe to be vampires are actually just Savaan?

You are exactly right.

Also, fun fact about Demons is that in the mortal world their Soak is doubled against mundane weapons.

I have a question about the chart for skills:

12XP
21XP
32XP
43XP
56XP
69XP

So are the numbers cumulative? It's 2XP for 1, and 3 XP for two, 5 XP for 3, so on?

Are attribute cumulative too, costwise?

Last edited:
That's correct. The prices listed are for when you're spending experience during the game – so if you have 2 in a skill, it costs 2XP to advance it to 3.

And you may ask yourself 'what does a day in the life look like?'

DAY SHIFT
Often a punishment detail, but given almost exclusively to teenage Guard in the latter years of training with some older supervisors.
  • Wake an hour before dawn.
  • Ablutions, prayers, and contemplation until dawn breaks.
  • Breakfast
  • The rest of the day is a mix of perimeter patrols to check for external threats, and internal patrols.
  • Internal patrols ensure Ker Viteur are compliant, healthy, and happy. Dispense scriptural advice, perform helpful feats of strength, be good moral examples to the flock.
  • At sunset, a religious service for Ker Viteur.
  • Dinner
  • At moonrise, a religious service in the inner temple for Savaan.
  • Personal time until you decide to sleep.
NIGHT SHIFT
Most Savaan live by night in emulation of their god and Her children.

• Wake around sunset for ablutions, prayer, contemplation.
  • Religious service at the inner temple for Savaan
  • Breakfast
  • Special assignments, perimeter patrols, nightwatch.
  • Lots of free time for personal pursuits unless on assignment.
  • Usually head to bed when the dayshift are getting up.
As for what Savaan do with their personal time; training, reading, writing, art, music, study, fleshcrafting, tending the fleshpits, courtship, and prayer.

Savaan are quite fond of writing devotional poetry and theological treatises. Surgeons often work on detailed anatomical manuals and theories.
They also paint frescoes depicting historical and religous events, and Surgeons often make living sculptural pieces.
In terms of study, they're pretty adept at astronomy (in part due to their lunar calendar), but are also not slouches at biology, architecture, and mathematics.

Would venerating one aspect of Vasnok over the others be heresy, or is it basically expected based on your role? And is it "execution" heresy or "hm, that's icky, don't make a fuss" heresy?

Also, I imagine non-lethal blood donation is a thing, but in combat scenarios, how many units of blood does a human body hold? I imagine it's not VtM's 10.

Would venerating one aspect of Vasnok over the others be heresy, or is it basically expected based on your role? And is it "execution" heresy or "hm, that's icky, don't make a fuss" heresy?

Also, I imagine non-lethal blood donation is a thing, but in combat scenarios, how many units of blood does a human body hold? I imagine it's not VtM's 10.

It's perfectly fine and expected to venerate an aspect you personally vibe with as long as you're not neglecting the others.

Funnily enough, it is 10 - the Health stat correlates directly to how much blood you have, but if you get under 6 Health from bloodloss you are useless for a few hours.

Ok, so it'd cost me 30 XP to get an attribute up to level 5, then? And it costs 23 XP to get a skill up to 25.

Follow up question, about lore this time: I'm assuming that the option of courtship as a leisure option (plus the fact that they all have hereditary names) means that the Savaan aren't expected to stay celibate. Are there restrictions on who someone is allowed to court, are they expected to stay within caste/subcaste, etc?

Oh, actually, Savaan are boosted by the hereditary vampire blood addiction so they can, if they really want, raise Physical Attributes and Bearing to 5.

Savaan are only allowed to court Savaan, and ideally someone from a more removed family, but strangely they don't seem to suffer any ill effects from a couple of centuries of mild inbreeding.
Also sometimes people who are, in essence, the protagonists of a D&D campaign blunder in and get into romances with Savaan.

So basically, the Savaan just have high standards and medieval peasantry just doesn't cut it.

Anyway, so what level of seeing magic does Divine Vision actually entail?

Lol, no peasants allowed. Adventurers are ok sometimes, though.

Also, how do we add the bonuses from our fleshsuit to the stat blocks? Is that separate, or is that our new baseline (and we can upgrade it further by spending more points)?

So basically, the Savaan just have high standards and medieval peasantry just doesn't cut it.

Anyway, so what level of seeing magic does Divine Vision actually entail?

Varies a bit, but think of it a bit like thermal vision and hot spots are colour coded by magic type. If you choose it feel free to have fun making it a bit synaesthetic.
Specifically it applies to Magic, as in that used by Magi, and not other supernatural powers.

Lol, no peasants allowed. Adventurers are ok sometimes, though.

Also, how do we add the bonuses from our fleshsuit to the stat blocks? Is that separate, or is that our new baseline (and we can upgrade it further by spending more points)?

Fleshsuit is applied after XP but doesn't change your XP costs.

Can anyone learn Magic, or is that something you're born to? Because a lot of the Patterns seem like things a competent Surgeon could really appreciate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back