• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Righteous Fiends OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Didn't mean to condescend, just saw that your attributes were wayyyy higher than anyone else's and tried to figure out the cause.

So I should have everything finished tomorrow since I'll have the day off from work. 😄

Not making the xp costs cumulative is actually where I messed up the first time. XD
Also Imma have to get up early tomorrow to finish this cause I'm about to crash. I'm sorry guys

I just wanna say that I'm really looking forward to punching through a knight's armor.
I'd like to thank you in advance for this opportunity, Grey Grey .

Also, I like the concepts behind my fellow players. There's going to be a metric ton of cool RP going on here.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to immerse myself in more dice environments. I'm really looking forward to it!

Seconding what Xenon said: much thanks to Grey, and looking forward to RPing with y'all!

I tossed up some additional bullet points about values, enemies, etc. Also, I'm always down for Discord, whether a group chat or server. I spend too much time on it anyway, haha.

I'm excited to have you all onboard and engaged for one of my weirder ideas.

Half the power in ireland was knocked out last night so I've only just gotten my internet access back. May get a first post up if I have a good enough feel for everyone's characters.

I'm always down for Discord,

Oh you know I don't think we've added each other: Grey#0992

Not sure what I would like Tonzael's "Knowledge" advantage to be. 🤔 Any suggestions?

The dangers of being a mod: I almost edited my CS over Grey's OP in the CS thread. 😂

I will do as once I muster the energy to tally numbers, which is definitely my favourite and most rewarding part of the process that I'm not procrastinating about.

Question about Animal Handling
Do you use it to ride a mount?
Careful not to assume mounts would be horses in this setting. I took it for two reasons: riding, and I don't like to min-max so I took it to have something in there for RP flavor. It's a little min-max'y because I figured I could use it for riding, instead of taking a pip in Craft or Perform and crocheting when things get slow, or poorly playing a Hurdy Gurdy.

Also
How common are flesh-crafted domestic animals? Is it like a dark and twisted Flintstones where birds are spliced together and altered to sing songs on demand and everyone has one in their parlor? Or is it more rare?

Yes, it is important for training, tending, and using any mounts or companion beasts.

Fleshcrafted domestic animals are not uncommon, with a few types you see a lot and a fair number of custom beasts for Savaan.
Again: the first time I ran this at a convention the surgeon made a spider-legged landshark mount for the captain within twenty minutes.

Again: the first time I ran this at a convention the surgeon made a spider-legged landshark mount for the captain within twenty minutes.

That's brilliant!
Thanks for the reminder, and the info.

Looks like Rahu and Vorkerrigan will be the only ones looking good when riding ...
:coolshades:

And you may ask yourself 'what does a day in the life look like?'

DAY SHIFT
Often a punishment detail, but given almost exclusively to teenage Guard in the latter years of training with some older supervisors.
  • Wake an hour before dawn.
  • Ablutions, prayers, and contemplation until dawn breaks.
  • Breakfast
  • The rest of the day is a mix of perimeter patrols to check for external threats, and internal patrols.
  • Internal patrols ensure Ker Viteur are compliant, healthy, and happy. Dispense scriptural advice, perform helpful feats of strength, be good moral examples to the flock.
  • At sunset, a religious service for Ker Viteur.
  • Dinner
  • At moonrise, a religious service in the inner temple for Savaan.
  • Personal time until you decide to sleep.
NIGHT SHIFT
Most Savaan live by night in emulation of their god and Her children.

• Wake around sunset for ablutions, prayer, contemplation.
  • Religious service at the inner temple for Savaan
  • Breakfast
  • Special assignments, perimeter patrols, nightwatch.
  • Lots of free time for personal pursuits unless on assignment.
  • Usually head to bed when the dayshift are getting up.
As for what Savaan do with their personal time; training, reading, writing, art, music, study, fleshcrafting, tending the fleshpits, courtship, and prayer.

Savaan are quite fond of writing devotional poetry and theological treatises. Surgeons often work on detailed anatomical manuals and theories.
They also paint frescoes depicting historical and religous events, and Surgeons often make living sculptural pieces.
In terms of study, they're pretty adept at astronomy (in part due to their lunar calendar), but are also not slouches at biology, architecture, and mathematics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back