• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rifts: New Western Adventures

Eternal Alchemist

Rifts New Western Adventures will simply be a game of Rifts in the New West, starting in particular in the Texas Freelands, where Wyatt (Human Cowboy) your common contact is hiring you to deal with the disappearances of D-Bees in the region.

The New West is where all the tales and legendary figures of the West have been transformed into an Old Western Film, just some hover cycle and energy rifle of course. Fictional and real records of the West have been used to create this unique culture and people understand the way of the New West.

For this campaign, the Power level would be relatively Low to Medium.

It means in general the following: (Low to Medium Power Level are playable):

Low: Rogue Scholar, Rogue Scientist, Cyber-Doc, City Rat, Body Fixer, Saloon Bum, Saloon Girl, Vagabond, Wilderness Scout, Merc Soldier, Operator, Dog-Boy, all civilian classes, and any military class that has no special abilities.

Medium: Cyber-Knight, most psychic classes, Combat Magi, Ley-Line Walkers, normal Mystics, most Samurai and Ninjas, Crazies, Juicers, most Native Americans, lightly armored cyborgs, all western gunmen, most intelligent D-Bees, any military OCC with one or two good special abilities.

Glitterboy, Power Armor Pilot, Shifter or Baby Dragon or D-Bees with very impressive abilities and high MDC (200-1000 MDC for example), characters with superpowers equivalent are on the too high scale for this game in general, at least on the player side of things.

RUE is the corebook in general.

We will keep it without evil alignments for the game, but Unprincipled is fine.

I would enjoy playing a Ley Line Walker, or maybe an Ecto-Man. Those are some odd dbees, but they have some nice powers and loads of S.D.C and hit points. Would one of them be ok since they are not MDC beings?

I would enjoy playing a Ley Line Walker, or maybe an Ecto-Man. Those are some odd dbees, but they have some nice powers and loads of S.D.C and hit points. Would one of them be ok since they are not MDC beings?

Yeah Ecto-Men are fine. They have nice abilities but since they have no OCC and are mostly SDC, they are vaguely around psychic classes power level of medium.

I'll have to re-read the RCC once I'm at my computer again and decide on what to do. How are you going to handle rolling stats? Any special rules you plan on using?

I'll have to re-read the RCC once I'm at my computer again and decide on what to do. How are you going to handle rolling stats? Any special rules you plan on using?
Was thinking of just doing RUE rules.

But guessing you might want to know about exceptional attributes roll, simply using the FAQ answer on Palladium Site question #34:

Is it possible for other races other then humans to have exceptional stats. As in like the humans 16+ on 3d6 is another d6. If so what is the rule or standard for figuring out the numbers required.

Answer:
It is possible.
  • 2D6 - a single die on a 12 (no additional dice)
  • 3D6 - a single die on a result of 16, 17 or 18, if this dice is a 6 roll another bonus dice (max 30)
  • 3D6+ - a single die on a result of 16, 17 or 18, if this dice is a 6 roll another bonus dice (max 30), then add in the +
  • 4D6 - no bonus die.

Cool. I would guess you want to see the rolls on this site. I personally use an OOC thread to handle all that.

Do you mind if I tag a few people that might be interested in joining?

Cool. I would guess you want to see the rolls on this site. I personally use an OOC thread to handle all that.

Do you mind if I tag a few people that might be interested in joining?
Sure go ahead and I suppose yeah, I think the interest thread might get too busy with rolls, I'll open one shortly.

I might be able to be persuaded to.....

Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist I'm guessing that an anti-monster RCC world be too much MDC for this? Lol Just kidding. Mostly. 😆 I'll have to contemplate my options.

Ooh low to medium power level rifts!?!?…yes please I will participate. Not sure what yet though

You guys interested in joining in another game?
Interested with a GM new to the site in a world I genuinely am curious about and enjoy (Rifts West)? Definitely!

At my maximum capacity of games? Also yes. I'd have to drop out of another game somewhere if I did. I'm running two games and (there is no way short of death I'm bailing on those, of course). The other three are moving slow to steady and if I'm playing them at all, I'm invested.

But yeah, despite my interest here (especially with the other players), something will have to give somewhere else before I could say yes to this. Enjoy and drink a shot at the ol' saloon fer me! =)

Is Rifts a setting/system that can be played without extensive foreknowledge? My knowledge of the setting is mostly from Wikipedia and some of the lore (or at least the magnitude of it) seems intimidating, but I like Westerns.

Is Rifts a setting/system that can be played without extensive foreknowledge? My knowledge of the setting is mostly from Wikipedia and some of the lore (or at least the magnitude of it) seems intimidating, but I like Westerns.
QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Heya Quick! I remember you from Sherwood's HERO: Champions game, A Force of Justice! It is very good to see you again, fellow gamer!

As someone who has ran Rifts games before (and still enjoys being any part of it), the answer is yes. However, you must remember to "keep it small" and please, "give yourself time." In terms of gaming books alone, the Rifts universe may be the largest universe of gaming out there (they don't call it the "Megaverse" for nothing!). I like to think of it like a library that I can reach into as I see fit, to enjoy at my own leisurely pace.

In your situation, if I were accepted into this game I would invest in a few books. And I mean a few, not lots! Heh! Rifts Ultimate Edition is a must and there are two books that follow the West in Rifts Earth. Those are World Book 14: New West and World Book 15: Spirit West. Take them in a little at a time and I think you'll have fun with it! Plus, Palladium Rifts is about as rules-heavy as HERO Champions, but easier to understand with a lot less complex basic math and more tools for fun and imaginative storytelling. =)

( Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist Although you and I are new to one another, I would like to take this opportunity vouch for Quick here - he gave more to the game we were in far more than he took if you follow my meaning. Our first and only game together, Sherwood's A Force of Justice, started back in February of 2021, were full of good times. (Come to think of it, that game contains the very first incarnation of the character I'm playing now, Dreamy!) Quick was a strong part of that! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

It can be fine without a lot of knowledge. The New West is somewhat easy, imo, since pretty much everybody acts like they are in an old western movie and the corporations even sell retro looking gear from weapons, armor, vehicles etc...even if they are still high-tech.

It can be fine without a lot of knowledge. The New West is somewhat easy, imo, since pretty much everybody acts like they are in an old western movie and the corporations even sell retro looking gear from weapons, armor, vehicles etc...even if they are still high-tech.
Yeah! Oh, another Palladium fan I know just pointed out that Palladium is currently having a sale on their Rifts books (20% to 50%)! Woo! =)

EDIT: I believe the sale extends to DriveThruRPG.com too for their PDFs. I don't mean to sound like a Palladium salesman, but nothing in recent history has gotten less expensive on my side of the planet Earth and I'm careful about how I spend my earnings. Thus, I love a good sale on something I'll definitely make use of, plus I care about people and want to aid them where I reasonably can too. =)

Last edited:
QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Heya Quick! I remember you from Sherwood's HERO: Champions game, A Force of Justice! It is very good to see you again, fellow gamer!
Hello! Good to see you as well, true believer.

As someone who has ran Rifts games before (and still enjoys being any part of it), the answer is yes. However, you must remember to "keep it small" and please, "give yourself time." In terms of gaming books alone, the Rifts universe may be the largest universe of gaming out there (they don't call it the "Megaverse" for nothing!). I like to think of it like a library that I can reach into as I see fit, to enjoy at my own leisurely pace.
Plus, Palladium Rifts is about as rules-heavy as HERO Champions, but easier to understand with a lot less complex basic math and more tools for fun and imaginative storytelling. =)
That's very reassuring to hear, thank you! I'll start looking a little deeper into what the character creation options are and start putting something together. I've picked up from the OOC thread that you roll for stats. Do you pick you class before then? I would assume so, since Sherwood and Psychie rolled different amounts of dice for the same stats. I'm assuming I will have more questions about the rules even as I read them, if that's alright.

In your situation, if I were accepted into this game I would invest in a few books.
scared-wallet-cartoon-vector-illustration-61979336.jpg

And I mean a few, not lots!
Untitled.jpg

Rifts Ultimate Edition is a must and there are two books that follow the West in Rifts Earth. Those are World Book 14: New West and World Book 15: Spirit West. Take them in a little at a time and I think you'll have fun with it!
Yeah! Oh, another Palladium fan I know just pointed out that Palladium is currently having a sale on their Rifts books (20% to 50%)! Woo! =)

EDIT: I believe the sale extends to DriveThruRPG.com too for their PDFs. I don't mean to sound like a Palladium salesman, but nothing in recent history has gotten less expensive on my side of the planet Earth and I'm careful about how I spend my earnings. Thus, I love a good sale on something I'll definitely make use of, plus I care about people and want to aid them where I reasonably can too. =)
I appreciate the advice, it's good to have some direction on what to read and some good sources for those items. Much obliged!

( Eternal Alchemist Eternal Alchemist Although you and I are new to one another, I would like to take this opportunity vouch for Quick here - he gave more to the game we were in far more than he took if you follow my meaning. Our first and only game together, Sherwood's A Force of Justice, started back in February of 2021, were full of good times. (Come to think of it, that game contains the very first incarnation of the character I'm playing now, Dreamy!) Quick was a strong part of that! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)
I appreciate your good words, thank you. I don't necessary follow the meaning, but they sound very flattering. It's a bit of a shame that campaign didn't end up going very far, but I am glad I could "help" with the Dreamy character some.

You're welcome!

You helped with Dreamy simply by role-playing and offering O.O.C. comments like this one. Dreamy's "boy" Colt often offered advice that helped her see things from a human perspective, a perspective she lacked and needed. Remember this little gem? =)

Also, Eternal Alchemist has opened up an O.O.C. thread that he (he?) posted earlier for everyone. Care to join us for more? =)

I can't make new commitments in the short-term in good faith. Especially with Palladium.

Perhaps I'll have a better grasp on managing my time once things have settled with the recent job change. So far things are going well at least. Either way, best of luck and Godspeed.
Understandable that you need to prioritize your time, but it would be great if you could join us.
What is this another game?
Same goes for you, sir!

You helped with Dreamy simply by role-playing and offering O.O.C. comments like this one. Dreamy's "boy" Colt often offered advice that helped her see things from a human perspective, a perspective she lacked and needed. Remember this little gem? =)
I had somehow forgotten, despite the top-tier of that joke. Sometimes I even surprise and impress myself.

Also, Eternal Alchemist has opened up an O.O.C. thread that he (he?) posted earlier for everyone. Care to join us for more? =)
Indeed. You may have noticed that I've already posted there earlier today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back