• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Japan - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Says here Ley Line Walkers can start with a hover vehicle, jet pack, wing board (I'm guessing that's the TK wing board?), or another Techno-Wizard form of transportation. They tend to keep vehicles they can readily dump. Any ideas what might be helpful? I'll be getting the Pilot skill to match.

Hey! Rawr! I'm about 75% done with my guy!

Sherwood Sherwood Ley Line Walkers receive 4d6 S.D.C. like Men of Magic? I can't find anything to the contrary, but nor am I able to find this in Rifts Ultimate Edition.

My character speaks all Asian languages along with Faerie, Dragon, and Demogogian. I have two more languages coming to me, but what other choices are there? Techno-Can?

Ley Line Walkers receive 4d6 S.D.C. like Men of Magic? I can't find anything to the contrary, but nor am I able to find this in Rifts Ultimate Edition.

On Rifts Ultimate page 287, it says that if your OCC does not list a starting SDC, that it is 2D6+12+ any OCC or RCC bonuses

On Rifts Ultimate page 287, it says that if your OCC does not list a starting SDC, that it is 2D6+12+ any OCC or RCC bonuses
Eonivar Eonivar Ah! I appreciate you, Eon!

Shows how many characters I've played where the information wasn't already right there on the O.C.C.. =)

And where can I buy them?
Be advised; they're not always magic. My last character rolled with those dice was at the bottom of the barrel. This character is at the very top of all Palladium PCs I've rolled in about 10 years on the site. Still though! I'm glad they're being nice here (along with Sherwood's generous offers to roll again).

Be advised; they're not always magic. My last character rolled with those dice was at the bottom of the barrel. This character is at the very top of all Palladium PCs I've rolled in about 10 years on the site. Still though! I'm glad they're being nice here (along with Sherwood's generous offers to roll again).
Course they are magic. Middling rolls are the boring rolls.

The lowest lows or the highest highs! That is were the exhilaration lies!

A power fantasy or an underdogs tale.

Turn that failure into a memorable moment! Sure you rolled the a subhuman cretin with the worst stats imaginable. But you definitely gonna remember them and talk about them for ages to come. Just as you would with some of the best rolls. Fun stuff!

Sherwood Sherwood I think I've found just the right kind of balance to play a versatile, hard-to-kill character but one who is far more wizard than warrior in the ways of Attributes. In that spirit, I'm going to swap out Tamashiwara and Iron Hand for Zanshin and Chagi (Kick Practice).

Rolls, please?
Could I have a 3d6 roll for Speed for Chagi, please? A 2d6+12 for his Ley Line Walker S.D.C. and 1d6 for Character Hit Points?

Also, I imagine my character in "Crinos" to have arms but no legs but one hell of a tail. Could he "kick"/tail slap with that in Animus/Crinos form? If so, maybe he could entangle one bad guy up with his lower body while still having his hands and arms available?

Last edited:
Hey! Rawr! I'm about 75% done with my guy!

Sherwood Sherwood Ley Line Walkers receive 4d6 S.D.C. like Men of Magic? I can't find anything to the contrary, but nor am I able to find this in Rifts Ultimate Edition.

My character speaks all Asian languages along with Faerie, Dragon, and Demogogian. I have two more languages coming to me, but what other choices are there? Techno-Can?
There is also Gobblely (spoken by all sorts of loathsome and barbaric creatures such as Goblins, Hob-Goblins, Orcs, and Ogres, among others), along with Russian and Mongolian.

Sherwood Sherwood I think I've found just the right kind of balance to play a versatile, hard-to-kill character but one who is far more wizard than warrior in the ways of Attributes. In that spirit, I'm going to swap out Tamashiwara and Iron Hand for Zanshin and Chagi (Kick Practice).

Rolls, please?
Could I have a 3d6 roll for Speed for Chagi, please? A 2d6+12 for his Ley Line Walker S.D.C. and 1d6 for Character Hit Points?

Also, I imagine my character in "Crinos" to have arms but no legs but one hell of a tail. Could he "kick"/tail slap with that in Animus/Crinos form? If so, maybe he could entangle one bad guy up with his lower body while still having his hands and arms available?
Rolls:

10 for Speed
6+12 (18) for SDC
and 3 for hit points.

You can do a tail slap without a problem, but I'll have to think on the tail-entangle.

You can do a tail slap without a problem, but I'll have to think on the tail-entangle.
I have an idea. Maybe he can entangle only part of their body (arms or legs but not both on an adult human)?

Sherwood Sherwood Okies. Here is most of him. (All this and I still haven't found a name I'm satisfied with.) I know his stories but I have to think longer on them before I cement them in something like a long-lasting backstory.

What I think I've got here is a very solid Ley Line Walker with very good defensive abilities and toughness. He's going to be toward the bottom of the list in terms of damage-dealing, but like Snowfall, I honestly don't mind (I'd rather other players get the big numbers in combat; I just like helping them get there!). So I put one of my lowest rolls into P.P. and focused on making him very tough and strong of mind instead.

He's got some big benefits: Excellent magic use and martial art powers! He saves as a psionic Master (but see below). He has a fast weapon-based sword-style that's acrobatic and fun alongside a hard/soft system that will serve him well in unarmed situations. Being able to shapeshift into a super-tough wittle snek and a Snake Animus form is truly Rifts-worthy, but he clearly can't be in those forms everywhere, especially in downtown Hiroshima. His knowledge-based Skills are fantastic! As a Wizard ought to be! =)

He's got some other things to watch out for too. He has to spend P.P.E. to remain in human form (Animus is his natural form, not human). He is also S.D.C.-based in human form (he has to call upon his martial art powers to make himself temporarily Mega-damage). He may be accurate, but he's no huge damage dealer like I'm hoping a few of the other PCs turn out to be. He has non-Super Psionics but only a few. He can't choose most of his psionic powers (they're predetermined at an average of about two psionic powers/level). His combat-related Skills are weak (no Detect Ambush, etc. Only a small handful of W.P.s, nothing heavy).

But I think he can hold his own while helping the party in a support role. =)

What's your take on him, everybody?

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie
I saw this picture on Pinterest (or as we like to call it in my household.. "The Rabbit Hole" ) and thought of Kimi. I cannot find who the creator is for it but it is amazing.

30183e9813c0e120b0b07a44cab525af.jpg

Psychie Psychie
I saw this picture on Pinterest (or as we like to call it in my household.. "The Rabbit Hole" ) and thought of Kimi. I cannot find who the creator is for it but it is amazing.

30183e9813c0e120b0b07a44cab525af.jpg
Incredible work, Eon! If I had to harbor a guess, I'd say Ilya Kuvshinov, a Russian illustrator and animation director out of Tokyo. Her portfolios on ArtStation and DeviantArt are very close to this (she does a version of Rachel from Blade Runner that's incredible).

Wish I could pin this one down, though (is that a pun on "Pinterest?"). If I ever find out, I'll post it here. =)

and thought of Kimi.
Psychie Psychie And I forgot to tell you - I love this name for your Kumo-mi! That knocks "Blake" right out of the park! Kimi is such a cute name! I hope I can generate a name for my own snek that's half as cool! 8D

Purr Purr I want to give you my formal stamp of approval for your snake man. He's good to go once you get him finished up.

Purr Purr I want to give you my formal stamp of approval for your snake man. He's good to go once you get him finished up.
Thank you, Sherwood! That's terrific!

Now if I could find a name! Ha ha! 8D I am enjoying "sprinkling" bits of life into the character sheet (I love this part), but I hope to sit down soon and write out his backstory in a way that is fun. I know what it is, but there are so many different ways to tell it! Ahhh!

The "troubles" of roleplayers! Oh, woe is me not me because this is fun!

Assistance? Yes. Please.

Progress? Minimal.
Do you wish for me to work on this for you? I can have it done by tomorrow, I would just need to get some info on what skills and what kind of implants you'd like.

Sherwood Sherwood , while you are helping D., I have to ask you something very humbling.

I have been a fool.

Short version - Is there any way I could play Snowfall again, please?

More in a following post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back