• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Also, regarding the max of the four PPE batteries. I would assume that Grad gets one of the 100 PPE ones, since your tats take up so much of your energy. I am willing to go with a 50 PPE one, leaving Shaona to have either a 50 or 100 PPE battery. If Silanon Silanon doesn't want one, I'll upgrade to the 100 point one.
You are able to carry more than one battery at a time, so if someone doesn't want a battery, you can stack them on you.

Well, I am less of a spellcaster than Shaona is, so I can still go with a 50 PPE battery. Or a pair of the 50's if no one else needs one.

Grad would appreciate a 100 P.P.E. battery, but a pair of 50 P.P.E. batteries cost significantly less than a large battery. So there are benefits to both.

I have forgotten how much suits of power armor go for, so I'll have to look it up tomorrow to see if 50 million is the price my character would go for or not.

I'm with you on the elements, Sherwood.

I have forgotten how much suits of power armor go for, so I'll have to look it up tomorrow to see if 50 million is the price my character would go for or not.
From the Atlantis book:

Market Price: Has never been sold in any marketplace. The Coalition
or Triax would pay 50 to 100 million credits for a complete, undamaged
suit.

So, we theoretically could get more for it, assuming we go to a large enough arms buyer, like Northern Gun. I sure as hell don't want the Coalition to get their grubby fingers on it.

True. But I have the impression that you are more willing to do business with Brazamal than with some unknown buyer that might try to rob you. There is the question of how you'll get it to him, unless you use the Badger and just hold onto it until you get to Dweomer.

Oh! Thanks. That helps. Perhaps a trip to Triax is in order? It is nice of Brazamal to offer 50, but if that's the lowest of the low end, then it might be worth hanging onto?

Then again, if this is a gaming issue, and we shouldn't have more than 50 million credits for it, then I'm all for game balance. But if that's not the case, I'm willing to haggle to get the best deal with Brazamal (though I am but one of four voices in this). That's one of the reasons I wanted a Crystal Rod of Civility. Sorry, I think I'm tired and rambling. =)

Also, going back to Bags of Holding and Heward's Handy Haversack, do you have the latter? How much would those (or something like them) go for? I'd like to know before I put a list together tomorrow.

Are there any items that Olsen or Brazamal have on hand but they would like to sell us?

One more thing I've been wondering about. What happens to Trent and Eric after this adventure? I would think they would go their own way together since that's the way they came in.

And I guess the same would go for Captain Raimus after we deliver the refugees to Maine? Or is something else happening with them?

I had better sign off now. It is 12:30 here.

Thanks for the fun! =)

Sleep well. Right now, I'm looking to see if there is a spell or item that already has that ability for the Bag of Holding.

My search was successful. I found a Temporal spell in the Book of Magic called Dimensional Pockets. Its on pg 247 of the PDF. It is a temporary spell that can last as long as six months per level of the caster. Problem is, it costs 140 PPE to cast, making it out of reach for anyone to be able to cast except Shaona. If you want, she can purchase the spell and then spend some time making bags for you. The only problem with that is the long amount of time required to replace the spent PPE. If you want the spell, it will cost a total of 2 million for it, since it is a level 10 spell.

First of all: Happy to trade the dagger away so that Psychie Psychie has more money to work with - as I said, I didn't use it at all, since we've got enough close-combat monsters already. Plus, I'm grabbing the staff, might as well return some of that money that way.

I'd be happy to grab 100 ppe worth of crystals - be it as one or two, doesn't really matter too much. Think I can use the extra power when I'm getting towards the higher level spectrum of spells, and that's where I ultimately want to end up, right?

Speaking of spells: Think I'd be interested in getting the dimensional pocket spell - might have to empty the newly-aquired batteries to make use of it and still be able to help in combat, but that ain't too much trouble, I'd say. Plus, it's potentially something useful to know when we ever have a break - pretty sure that kind of stuff sells for something.
Edit: Just saw theat the time to learn a new spell is supposed to be 2 days/level of the spell. That'd be quite some time spent before we get anything in return.

More on spells:
First of all, how does House of Glass (p.208, Ultimate) interact with the amulets we have? Would the damage be reflected, or not? If yes, that'd potentially be something worth considering, since it'd allow Shaona to do quite well in duels if necessary.

Secondly: Thoughts on Speed of the Snail (p.218)? Does many things that'd be interesting - quite costly, but perhaps worth to reduce the impact of important foes... if it's available, would it be possible to cast the spell in advance to create some kind of slowing grenade? That'd be both nice for ppe reasons and probably a bestseller...

Negate Magic (p.216) - don't know if the swarm has casters, but it goes well with the "as long as nothing stops the others, we'll be fine" plan that I'm mostly focused on; think I'd want to pick up this one at some point if possible. Plus, it's neat for techno-wizardry stuff, I reckon.

Think I had a few more interesting spells in the book of magic, mostly stuff that helps out the entire group if I recall correctly - I'll have to take a look later on.

Edit: Damn - I remember that there was a cool spell I meant to pick up, but I can't find it right now; maybe at some point. Let me add Mystic alarm and Invincible Armor from the Book of Magic as interesting utility options - might wish to pick them up eventually.
Teleport Superior is interesting as well, as mentioned earlier; I would, however, be inclined to pick up a modified version with much less range, but less ppe costs as well, if something like that is available. It seems that it's possible to modify spells on your own, but it doesn't look like I'll get much time to do research anytime soon.

Last edited:
I have not been too strict with the time needed to learn new spells, be it from leveling up or by trading back and forth between casters. I will go ahead and let you pick up the spell without having to wait the 20 days needed.
First of all, how does House of Glass (p.208, Ultimate) interact with the amulets we have? Would the damage be reflected, or not? If yes, that'd potentially be something worth considering, since it'd allow Shaona to do quite well in duels if necessary.
It does say that if you cast the spell on someone, then take damage to your body armor from the target, the target takes the same damage. So, I will say absolutely it will work with the talismans that you have.
Secondly: Thoughts on Speed of the Snail (p.218)? Does many things that'd be interesting - quite costly, but perhaps worth to reduce the impact of important foes... if it's available, would it be possible to cast the spell in advance to create some kind of slowing grenade? That'd be both nice for ppe reasons and probably a bestseller...
That is a cool spell. It does say that you can affect 1d6 persons up to 60 feet away, but nothing about pre-casting it to make a slowed zone. One thing you may wish to try is to make a TW weapon with that spell in it, with a PPE clip powering it. That way you don't have to pump out the 50 PPE to cast it yourself.

As far as getting more spells, I am going to say that Brazamal is willing to sell you a scroll to be able to learn the new spell from at a cost of 250,000 per level of the spell.

Forgot to add, Trent and Eric will be willing to stay with the group and provide transport for you. I want to have an NPC with the party to be able to help drop hints and provide a conduit of information.

Capt. Ramius will be splitting off from the party once he drops off everyone at Wangler's Knob. He plans on heading up to Free Quebec to get some work done on his new ship.

Any other questions for me that I have forgotten to go over? I'm not sure if there is.

Finally, Vaneheart Vaneheart hasn't been on the site for a while, since the 29th of last month. Hopefully he will be rejoining us soon. I will post a new interest check to try and recruit some more players.

As far as getting more spells, I am going to say that Brazamal is willing to sell you a scroll to be able to learn the new spell from at a cost of 250,000 per level of the spell.
That's awesome. I will go through the spell list and see if there are some that I just can't pass up.

I have not been too strict with the time needed to learn new spells, be it from leveling up or by trading back and forth between casters. I will go ahead and let you pick up the spell without having to wait the 20 days needed.
That's awesome, and good to know - makes an investment into the higher-level spells that much more interesting. Not that I want to skip the entire learning process for roleplay reasons, but it's nice to have them available in a more reasonable timeframe, given the game's general progress in time.

It does say that if you cast the spell on someone, then take damage to your body armor from the target, the target takes the same damage. So, I will say absolutely it will work with the talismans that you have.
I wasn't quite sure if the talismans count as some kind of extra shielding - given the relatively low level, I'll probably pick it up, then.

That is a cool spell. It does say that you can affect 1d6 persons up to 60 feet away, but nothing about pre-casting it to make a slowed zone. One thing you may wish to try is to make a TW weapon with that spell in it, with a PPE clip powering it. That way you don't have to pump out the 50 PPE to cast it yourself.

The grenade idea is actually my version to make it into a tw device - if it's possible to build a gun with that kind of effect, it's certainly high on my priority list, though. I'll certainyl come back to this one...

One question that you didn't cover is the one about possibly modified teleportation spells - in the books I have, they are meant for longe-range teleport, whereas I'm mostly looking for short-range teleportation to reposition during battles.

Having an npc and the badger certainly doesn't hurt - it still feels weird to have Trent in there, at least for me personally, but I can see why you can't simply separate the two; plus, we have mostly interacted with Eric at this point.

One question I would like to discuss is the need for an interest check - because you mentioned him, let me explicitly exclude Vaneheart from the followign thoughts because a) about a week isn't too long of a time to vanish, might just be work-related or something, b) I think he entered with a great mindset as far as I can tell and c) I don't know, just had another point to make and then it vanished - whoops. Doesn't matter, I certainly hope he returns asap, I like where his minotaur is headed.

From your perspective, I can see why more people would be good for the game, as it opens up more opportunities to throw different things at a group. From my perspective, however, its questionable if another person would necessarily improve the experience. I feel like this rp has seen too many characters that ended up vanishing from one moment to the next; half of the initial group teleported away from Atlantis for various reasons. I'm all for having new characters in here and advance the story, but I feel like this story doesn't need more characters that show up in two or three posts and vanish after that. I'm aware that that's nothing you can generally avoid, I've had to leave a few great rps because of personal reasons myself - but I would personally prefer to expand by adding more reliable players than the ones you'd likely find with an interest check, if at all. Just my personal, immediate thoughts, maybe others feel differently; plus, you have way more experience running games here than i have, and it's your decision in the end. Just feel like adding random new players hasn't worked out in almost all cases thus far, maybe I'm just in the wrong rps for that.

Sherwood Sherwood

Hey you! I'm building up a list of purchase-approved items. I have questions on the following:
1. The two rail guns from the power armor units Grad and Smoochie tangled with at the naval base (meant for Blake before Draco ghosted). Since Blake isn't playing any longer, could we sell these? If so, for how much?

2. Grad earned a pair of two boot-sized dragon chunks way back during the River Walker vs. Dragon bandits fight. Could Grad get these "leather-worked" and enchanted into a useful magical item? Perhaps something that adds to Prowl or running speed or whatever you think might be cool?

3. Same goes for those two dragon fangs that would make good daggers! I was thinking of something that could fit on lower-leg sheathes. Any ideas?

4. How could Grad keep his third trophy, the Splugorth Slaver head, preserved?

5. Re: Bags of Holding. If Sil buys the spell for Shaona, could those of us who want such bags pay for the materials and get the bags without having to wait that 6 months?

6. How much do giant cosmically-powered cans of Raid cost? I have a feeling we'll be needing some for the buggy invasion! Ha ha! =)

without having to wait that 6 months?
The way I read the spell, it shouldn't take long to cast the spells onto bags or anything like that - the only time issue is that I have to spend the ppe at some point. The six months only refer to how long the item will do its job, since the spell has a limited duration; in Shaona's case, it'd be 2,5 years until you have to look for other means of transportation.

Something I just noticed: It seems like only temporal occ's/rcc's can pick up the spell, actually. Not that I'd complain if you decide that it's available anyway, just wanted to point that out in case you missed it, Sherwood Sherwood .

Oh, right. 6 months/level duration. (Incoming ramble). I've had so many numbers going through my head (meanwhile, I am without lunch and thinking on a nearly-empty stomach). Thankfully, lunch is ready and now I'm going to go enjoy that! =)

Re: Spell requisite O.C.C./R.C.C.: That's very cool of you to point out, Sil! =) *goes off to lunch* =)

Hmmm. I had missed the OCC/RCC restriction on that spell. Good eye for catching that, Silanon Silanon .

As I ponder it, I'll go ahead and let you guys buy pouches from Brazamal. They will last another four years, and will cost a even million. If the game goes longer than that in IC posts, you can always get more.

Sherwood Sherwood

Hey you! I'm building up a list of purchase-approved items. I have questions on the following:
1. The two rail guns from the power armor units Grad and Smoochie tangled with at the naval base (meant for Blake before Draco ghosted). Since Blake isn't playing any longer, could we sell these? If so, for how much?

2. Grad earned a pair of two boot-sized dragon chunks way back during the River Walker vs. Dragon bandits fight. Could Grad get these "leather-worked" and enchanted into a useful magical item? Perhaps something that adds to Prowl or running speed or whatever you think might be cool?

3. Same goes for those two dragon fangs that would make good daggers! I was thinking of something that could fit on lower-leg sheathes. Any ideas?

4. How could Grad keep his third trophy, the Splugorth Slaver head, preserved?

5. Re: Bags of Holding. If Sil buys the spell for Shaona, could those of us who want such bags pay for the materials and get the bags without having to wait that 6 months?

6. How much do giant cosmically-powered cans of Raid cost? I have a feeling we'll be needing some for the buggy invasion! Ha ha! =)
1. I'll give you a price of 70,000 for each one, same price as the NG-202 rail gun in the RUE book.

2. They can be leather worked, and Shaona can enhance them with a spell on them. Or, you can send them along to Brazamal and see what TW effects he can get put on there. You'd have a wider range of spells available with all the Techno Wizards in Dweomer.

3. Shaona can enhance these blades, or you can do the same and send them along with the boots.

4. A Survival skill roll can be made in order to be able to preserve the head.

5. Already discussed up top in this post.

6. lol

I am still pondering the game impact of the teleport spells being added to the Talismans.

I'd like to get a couple of the pouches, to be able to more efficiently store my gear. I'll mark off the 2 million off of my current total.

Other spells that I'd like to get:
Level 7 spell of Lightblade: 1,750,000
Level 8 spell of Magical Adrenal Rush: 2,000,000

That leaves me with a final total of 1,091,800 credits, and I think I'm done.

Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon Shall we divvy up the 6 Blind Warrior Woman Talismans between us PCs? 2 for each of us? Grad will lend 1 to Sir Dru?
Also, selling the Serpent Armor to Brazamal is a good thing; I was just hoping to get something better than the lowest possible bid. What do you think?
We also have those 3 K-4 laser pulse rifles we earned with 9 E-Clips total. I believe Shaona and Grad each got one of these? Could we give the 3rd to Sir Dru if he wants one?

Also, what are your thoughts on selling the Serpent Power Armor for the minimum price? I'm on the fence here. Brazamal has been good to us, but even if we struck middle-ground elsewhere (75 million credits), it would go a long way. Plus, Gradicus is planning on getting a Crystal of Civility (which tends to make for fair bargains and cool heads if we decide to trade it elsewhere). What are your thoughts?

Sherwood Sherwood Cool beans on the rail guns. Gradicus will sell those (it doesn't seem like we have much use for them).

I am still pondering the game impact of the teleport spells being added to the Talismans.

If you'll give me a copper for my thoughts, it sounds to me like we're asking for the Dungeons and Dragons version of the Dimension Door spell. That spell is extremely useful in battlefield situations (even if it's only good for 1 person, it's a game-changer). If we somehow get mini-teleport spells on our amulets, expect Gradicus at least to make incredible use of them. If we had that ability during our assault of the naval base, you can be darned sure Gradicus would have found a way to raise even more hell than he did. A short-range teleport spell in an item might be balanced out by making it only available once every short often (so we're not pulling an X-Men's Nightcrawler and "bamfing" all over the battlefield? Say, lower P.P.E. cost, but only available once every few rounds or minutes? That way, it would turn into an "oh crap" option to (hopefully) pull a teammate out of a tight spot instead of us ganking opponents all over a battlefield and just recouping the P.P.E. later.

1. I like the idea of Shaona having first crack at the boots and daggers. Silanon Silanon You have any ideas?

2. Sherwood Sherwood I'd like for Gradicus to roll his Survival (62%) but I'd like to add a Bonus Point, please (I really don't want to mess up that trophy!). If there is anything else I can do to improve Grad's chances, let me know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back