• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic REVOLUTIONS - OOC

Who are you most excited to play?

• Normal Human

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recombinant

• Peregrine

• Total voters
Malphaestus said:
This isn't working, I can't even add anything to it without fucking it up.
[QUOTE="The Fuzzy Pixel]Taking Welian's advice use notepad for coding.

[/QUOTE]
I use google docs, but it's the same idea.

Honestly you should be able to edit the entire profile without the bbcode changing at all. Which is why I'm blaming richtext, as I know it was a dick when I joined the site and I've had it turned off ever since

welian said:
@Giyari
I'm recycling Avecca, I hope you're okay with her appearance still.
Yussss. Das is coming back too, although she'll be slightly older than her first iteration, and feature a few other small changes

I... I can do her now to be honest! I waaas going to do the extra info though, but It's six and half a dozen a to what's first

Giyari said:
Gonna get a good chunk of the extra info done today. Locations, technology, and factions will all have at least enough info there to add to profiles. They're probably not going to be complete lists, but they'll be good enough :3
So I did this... kinda. Then I worked on the profile for Empress of the Peregrines.

So I've not got enough to post and it make sense. However You can check out the leader of the Peregrine Empire if you wish. She's not completely finished, still some little bits to do like likes, hates, and "general" skills and failures. Her history and personality are a nice little window into the Peregrine world though

Hey all! Just to let you know, the Organisation tab, and the Settings and Location tab, both have been updated with more information. There will be more to come but it's late here so my writing was starting to fail me... you know how it is. ( -_- ;)

@inFamousCheese

Instructions are in the code for the most part. But I think this covers all of it.

choose a readable text colour = replace with the number code for desired color

-------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARACTERS NAME (all capitals please) = replace with character's name in capital letters

Your characters image here please = replace with the url address for your character's image, inside image tags like so

Code:
[img=imageaddresshere]

If you see something with a colon like so

Code:
[b]Gender:[/b]

that generally means put your response to that field to the right, like below. Sometimes there will be a note in parenthesis giving you more details on the matter.

Code:
[b]Gender:[/b] Fe/Male

For things like

Code:
[b]COMBAT STYLE[/b]

you can begin writing for that field to the right of the coding, or start a new line under. there's no difference aside from how it will look. a larger blurb might look better underneath though, so the 'COMBAT STYLE' bit acts like a small header for the section.

Moving to likes/hates, remove "likes/hates" from after the "[*]" and replace it with something relevant to your character.

Embedding a youtube video; use this code.

Code:
[media=youtube][/media]

what you put in between the media tags is the part of the video link after the equal sign in the address. So...

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14[/media]

For the additional pictures section use image tags to put an image between each spoiler tag.

Code:
Before:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

After:
[spoiler][img=imageaddresshere][/spoiler]

Practice makes perfect. But if all else fails post it anyways, and we can see the coding from there to help you out.

Well, that was a horrible experience. Apparently this devica can't properly copy code. If you guys don't mind, can I just do it normally? I'll include all the categories, it just won't be all fancy-like.

inFamousCheese said:
Well, that was a horrible experience. Apparently this devica can't properly copy code. If you guys don't mind, can I just do it normally? I'll include all the categories, it just won't be all fancy-like.
Seems like the rich text editor is giving everyone trouble. Sorry about that. In your account preferences disable the rich text editor if you want to take another crack at it.

Alternatively if you want to stuff your info in a spoiler tag here I can try to do it for you in an hour or two.

[QUOTE="Seanzah Angel]Am I correct in assuming this is still open for applications? Because this looks quite awesome. :3

[/QUOTE]
Indeed on both accounts good sir! :3

[QUOTE="The Fuzzy Pixel]
Alternatively if you want to stuff your info in a spoiler tag here I can try to do it for you in an hour or two.

[/QUOTE]
What do you mean?

@The Fuzzy Pixel

Daaaaamn, Joker you got ahead of the game here! :D

Thanks for helping folks out while I was asleep and all that, appreciate it :)

@inFamousCheese

If you're struggling with what info to put into your profile, its also a good idea to give those in the character section a look over. Not many of the characters are completed yet, but it will give you an idea of what's expected of you :)

On the subject of the code, the code has been giving some people trouble, mostly because of the richtext editor that can be used on the site. It's a cumbersome thing that I believe is on by default. I'm not a fan of it in the slightest because it over compensates with code.

If you go into your preferences, there should be a list of check boxes, on there, look for this one here

rpnscreenshot.png

If you untick that, it will remove the controls from above the textbox used to construct posts, but it will also stop any BBcode from going haywire :)

[QUOTE="Seanzah Angel]Am I correct in assuming this is still open for applications? Because this looks quite awesome. :3

[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes! Still accepting! Feel free to get a profile on the go and have a chat with us in the OOC :)

Well, the Basics and Skills tabs kinda got fused together, but other then that I think I did pretty dang well for a guy using an inadequate tablet.

Not bad at all! I get the feeling you're not used to coding at all, so that was a fairly impressive attempt :P

I'll fix your code for you when I get the chance so don't worry about that :)

I'll also read over the content while I'm doing that, let you know if it needs an edit to fit the setting, but from a very quick glance it seems alright

I apologize for any inconvenience, this tablet is really glitchy, and you can't copy the entire code at once, only in small chunks, otherwise the cursor will end up copying the entire screen. So needless to say, there are bound to be some errors in the final result.

Yes, and nice!

Two characters are fine, I'm planning two myself, and I expect this to be a large ass RP once it's running. I'm no stranger to crowded threads C:<

And awesome, pictures are nice :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back