• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Revolutions - A Near Future Superpower RP

Giyari

Magical_Girl.exe
Roleplay Type(s)
revolutionsbannersmall.png

An Overview

Genre: Sci-fi, Action.

Themes: Superpowers, Near-future, Alien Invasion.

RP Level: Casual/Detailed (Undecided)

Background

For thousands of years Humanity has dealt with natural disasters, overpowering plagues, dwindling resources, and we have pulled through. As a species we are strong, smart, adaptable, we can deal with whatever mother nature throws at us, but what if it’s not mother nature's’ doing?

Planet Earth has a long history of meteor strikes, most of them don’t make the news, most of them don’t get noticed, in fact most of them don’t even hit the ground, but that doesn’t mean they don’t affect us...

The year 2013: a huge meteor exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk. The shockwave was felt for miles but the after effects were felt worldwide. A new plague hit the human race, seemingly carried inside the meteor, something no one had ever seen before. Millions died and millions more were changed forever, no one would ever live life in the same way again.

Not everyone caught the plague, in fact the majority never even encountered it. For those that did and were lucky (or unlucky) enough to survive, their very DNA was rewritten. The plague fused with their cells and mutated them in ways that no one dreamed could be possible, superpowers were no longer a thing of fiction.

Plot

It’s been a few generations since the superpowered survivors, the Recombinants, appeared. A few more since the meteor airburst, since the world was stirred up into a new frenzy, but things are finally feeling ‘normal’ again. People go to work as normal, people persecute the the superpowered mutant offspring of the plague survivors, the "Recoms", as normal, and the Recoms stage uprisings against their highly constricted existence as normal. People are born, live, and die as normal, life is normal and nothing is out of the ordinary.

It can’t last forever though, something is coming, the source of the meteor, and it is going to shake the world to it’s very core. Will you be ready? Can you work to save life as everyone knows it? Will you take advantage of the chaos to destroy those that would like nothing more than to see you burn for your crimes against nature? What will you do as the world starts to crumble around you?

Setting and Further Information

Set in the near future, the year 2077, the Earth hasn't changed too much. It's been 44 years since the Recom Plague ravaged the world, and human civilisation has all but recovered in the more developed areas of the world, and with advancements in technology thanks to Recombinant minds, and due to the threat that Recombinants are perceived to be, life for most has become fairly comfortable and leisurely. Politically, things are fairly stable when compared to our own time. The wealth gap between the common man and the top elite is tremendously large, however it has refrained from widening for a long time. Governments tend to be trusted more by the general population than they were in decades past, with many feeling the recombinant problem is more of an issue than any apparent corruption that may or may not be taking place.

Playable roles

The RP would focus on three factions. The general everyday Humans, the superpowered humans known as Recombinants (Recoms), and the instigators of the plot, the extraterrestrial Pereginus Empire.

• The unpowered beings, the normals of society. Humans are just that, human. As the dominant population, humans outnumber Recoms by a large margin, and as such consider themselves to be the more important faction in society. In general, they look down on the Recoms as a dangerous problem that needs to be controlled, but it might just be that they are afraid of the possibilities the Recoms could bring about.

Of course, everyone is an individual, and there are a notable number of humans that do not agree with the way Recoms are viewed.

Technology

• Technology has jumped forward as you would expect, being more efficient, but not enough to truly alter the daily lives of everyone much from our own. Robotics, androids, and true AI are all in their true infancy, having left the development stages for the commercial and industrial world, however they are very uncommon and astronomically expensive to produce.

Weapon systems have made leaps and bounds, the experimental technology of our time has evolved into commonplace military tools, the traditional weapons still have their place however, with many gangs and underground forces using discarded and stolen tech from military storage warehouses. Government sanctioned forces make wide use of electromagnetic weapons, Exoskeletal armour, three dimensional movement systems, and many more technologies.

On the civilian front, commonplace gadgets have become miniaturized and integrated into wearable and even implantable technology, with the majority of Earths population having some form of connectivity to the Worldwide Integrated Augmented Reality System, W.I.A.R.S., which has all but replaced the now defunct Internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may, yes C:<

The Peregrine Empire is making a come back, and right from the get-go as well!

@Girouette @Yuuki of the Strata @Malphaestus @Harpyie @Meredith

Would any of you be interested in this? I was in the original version of this roleplay back when Giyari and I were on another site.

I have loads more information sitting to be honest... I wasn't sure how much to actually post up ( -_- ;)

Ahahaha, I have Avecca's profile pulled up in another tab right now!!

Avecca1.png

"A clean and orderly space is evidence of a sound and civilized mind. Progress cannot be made where filth and chaos lurk."

Guess who considered humans to be the embodiment of filth and chaos...?

Foolishly disregards the fact he's already in too many Rp's and shows bursting interest!

This reminds me of a Game Dc made where Brainiac rains down a bunch of Nanobots and ends up giving people powers.

Love the Concept~

welian said:
Ahahaha, I have Avecca's profile pulled up in another tab right now!!
Avecca1.png

"A clean and orderly space is evidence of a sound and civilized mind. Progress cannot be made where filth and chaos lurk."

Guess who considered humans to be the embodiment of filth and chaos...?
Me? O-oh, no! Your character, y-yes!

/proceeds to look left and right in rapid succession.

All Avecca ever wanted was to be used by her Empress, like the expendable body that she is.

Malphaestus said:
Ah, so this was the masochist one you were talking about.
I have the Empress lying around somewhere if I can dig her out. She was a laugh.

Hm, I'll probably do something out of the ordinary. Or, maybe, far too ordinary... Who knows, really? Anyhow, I'm in. I'll be wanting some info from you, Gi, but TS would be the prefered medium.

I could sit in a TS but I can't speak.

I don't have a headset D;

And I don't think my laptop's internal mic is strong enough. >___<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back