• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Reuniting Lovers (Closed)

"That's probably a good idea. It's a good way to keep in touch with people you know," Sara replied when Jonathan said he didn't have a Facebook account yet. "Or you can get twitter or instagram, a lot of people use those too."

Sara thought for a moment when Jonathan mentioned Alex, she did remember him though. She remembered he had been a very close friend of Jonathan's so it made sense that those two kept in touch. Sara had had a few close girl friends in high school as well, but they had all mostly lost contact after going off to college. She hadn't gone to the same college as any of them, so it made it hard to hang out like they once had. Now most of her friends were from college and she loved them just as much.

"I suppose moving jobs frequently would make it hard to get close with your coworkers," Sara said. When she'd been working she had stayed in the same job for a while, so she had grown pretty close with her coworkers. There were still a few that she was close friends with.

"Alright, I think I am quite an outdated guy now. I'll have to update myself", Jon said laughing. He didn't have any social accounts and just spent his time like the old days, reading newspapers and going out with just a few close friends. He had a really small circle as he didn't have a family.

"Yes moving jobs frequently does make it hard to make friends at work, and now that I am freelancing from home, I hardly meet anyone from work", Jon said smiling. Moreover the people he met at work were not really friendly, and Jon wasn't really fond of them.

After Sara had gone from his life, he had started to feel more and more lonely. He loved spending time with her, going out to movies and dinner with her. The two were really close, and after they broke up, he was never really able to move on. However instead of getting into addictions and stuff, he decided to focus fully on his career. It was when he was at work that he was not worried, as he would usually think about Sara most of his free time.

"Then maybe getting on social media will help you get in touch with some old friends once again. Or you might run into some people now that you're back home. There are quite a few people who live in the area still." Sara had found that out when she and her husband had moved back to her hometown. She'd run into quite a few high school classmates who still lived in the area. She wasn't exactly friends with any of them, but it was nice to keep in touch with people she had spent a lot of time with while growing up. They supplied a sort of sense of nostalgia whenever she got to talking to them and reminded her of her younger years.

Sara glanced at the time on her phone noting how much time they had spent sitting and chatting. She hadn't thought so much time had passed. "I should get going, I have some things I need to do at home before I pick Bianca up from school." She stood up from her chair as she prepared to say goodbye for now. "It was really nice getting to talk to you again though."

"Yes, it would be fun meeting some of our friends with whom we had grown up", Jon said smiling at her. He was always happy when he met some of his friends, it would bring back all his childhood memories.

He looked at her as she glanced her phone. He wasn't aware they had been chatting for so long. "Yes sure Sara", Jon said as he too got up from his chair. "Yes, it was really nice meeting you again Sara. Bye", he said as he smiled at her. However he was quite sad not sure if they would ever meet her again. But was happy that they had gotten over any ill-feelings for one another, and he had got some really nice memories that he could keep with him for the rest of his life. He watched as she went to her car and went away, and then slowly walked to his car and drove home.

Sara smiled as they said goodbye unsure of what was appropriate before deciding to just keep it simple. "Goodbye, Jonathan. I'll see you around maybe." She picked up her purse from the table and headed out the door and onto the street where she got in her car and drove home. Back home, she went about completing some chores around the house mostly cleaning and doing laundry. It was better for her to get those things done while Bianca was at school since she didn't have to worry about keeping an eye on the young girl. Then when Bianca was home as well, she had more time to spend with her daughter.

A few hours later, Sara drove up to the school where she picked up Bianca and brought her home. She fixed up a snack for her daughter as she usually did as the girl babbled on about her day and what she did. Sara always enjoyed listening to what Bianca had to say and hearing what she had been doing in school.

Once the snack was finished, Sara watched over her as she completed some homework sheets. After that, the two pulled out her toys to spend some time playing until Sara's husband returned home.

"Bye Sara", he told and watched her from inside the restaurant as she got into her car and started driving to her home. He later slowly walked to his car which had parked in the nearby street, and drove to his home. He was thinking of Sara the whole time as he was driving, but diverted himself by turning on the radio. Then he reached his home and made lunch for him and his mom. He then played with his dog for a while, and also talked to his mother for a while. He didn't tell her that he had gone to meet Sara, as she wouldn't be very happy to know that her son was still not able to get over her.

Then he worked on his projects for a while, and then had lunch with his mom. The two laughed and had a really good time. Lina recalled all the fond memories from Jon's childhood, which Jon was really happy to hear about. He was happy that he was with his mom during these times. He then washed the dishes and his mom did the laundry. The two took a walk down the road. His mom told him that she wanted to see Jon get married while she was alive, to which Jon just smiled, not knowing if he could ever be happy with some other woman other than Sara.

Then they came back to home, and his mom started to watch her favourite comedy shows, and Jon got back to his work. He needed to submit a project in 3 days, and was working quite seriously on it.

Sara greeted her husband when he returned home later in the afternoon. As he took off his coat, she told him she had gone to meet Jonathan that morning.

"Oh yeah? How did that go?" her husband asked as he walked over to give her and Bianca kisses.

"It went well. But can you believe he hasn't dated anyone since we broke up? I wasn't sure what to make of it. Is it normal for guys to be hung up on their first love for this long?" Sara asked. If anyone could answer that question, it would be another man aka her husband who was one of the few men she really knew.

"Hm, I guess it's not unrealistic," her husband shrugged. "Maybe being able to talk to you again will help him move past it though."

"Maybe," Sara replied. She hoped that was the case.

Jon continued to work seriously, but he was still depressed after meeting Sara. He cursed himself for breaking up with her after high school.

Then he heard his mom scream in pain. He rushed to check up on her. "Jon it's paining too much", she told as she held his hands. Jon was really nervous, "Don't worry mom, I'll take you to the hospital". He carried his mom to the car and drove to the hospital. All along the way, his mom was screaming in pain.

Then Jon reached the hospital and carried his mom inside. The doctors checked up on her, and told that she had to undergo a surgery, and it would be tough for her to survive now. Jon was waiting outside the operation theatre, and was heartbroken. He felt like the only person who he had was going to leave him. He was really worried and wiped his tears.

The only person he could think of was Sara, but he doubted if she would be comfortable spending time with him. After a deep thought, he called her quite hesitantly.

Sara was cooking dinner while her husband played with Bianca in the other room. It was a pretty normal afternoon for them. At least until the phone rang. Wiping her hands on a towel hanging from the stove's handle, Sara made her way over to grab the phone before it stopped ringing. She had yet to add Jonathan's number into her phone, so she was mostly expecting a telemarketer when she answered.

"Hello?" she answered as she stood in the kitchen, her other hand on her hip waiting for a response from whoever was on the other end.

"Hello Sara, it's me Jonathan", Jon told as he tried to not cry over the phone. "My mom has been admitted in the hospital, and am really afraid. The doctors say there is very little chance for her to survive", Jon said stammering and wiping his tears. He then wept over the phone.

He was hesitant to ask her to be with him during this tough time. "Can you come to the hospital Sara, if your free. I can understand if you can't", he said slowly.

Sara's heart fell when she heard Jonathan say his mother had been admitted and it fell further when he said it was likely she wasn't going to make it. She could only imagine how difficult that would be to go through alone. "Hang in there, Jonathan. Just give me a moment."

She set down the phone and called her husband into the kitchen to explain the situation to him. He agreed with her that it was a good idea for her to go. "He shouldn't have to go through that alone, and you can help him out a lot." Her husband was right, she had dealt with the hospital system many times before and she knew how to navigate it. "I'll take care of Bianca and dinner, don't worry. And keep me posted." He gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, I'll be home later." She then picked up the phone again to let Jonathan know she was coming. "I'll be there in a little bit, meet me at the entrance." She packed up her purse with some extra tissues and her cell phone before driving over to the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back