• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Reuniting Lovers (Closed)

CaptainMarvelous

Slytherin Prefect
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Two high school lovers were separated after going their separate ways to college. One of them has moved on and started a family, while the other has never forgotten the woman he was in love with. When the man returns to his hometown to take care of an ailing family member, the two are reunited and may finally be able to address their past and present feelings for each other.

Sashwath Sashwath

Sara sat outside on the patio of her home sipping a warm cup of coffee as the morning light was just beginning to warm up the air. Her daughter was running around with the dog in the front lawn and she was keeping an eye on her. Bianca was her pride and joy and she enjoyed these mornings where she could relax and watch her daughter play. She rocked back in forth in the chair that she was in as the young girl ran around occasionally throwing a tennis ball for the dog. It was a mixed breed named Henry, they had rescued it, but it looked to be a collie with a few hints of some other breeds in it. Sara had fallen in love with him the moment she saw him in his cage at the humane society. He had only been a puppy then, but he had grown up alongside Bianca into a loving family pet.

Sara's husband had already left for work earlier that morning leaving a pot of coffee ready for her when she woke up. The two had met several years ago during college and had decided to return to Sara's hometown to settle down and start a family after graduating. They'd bought a beautiful home in town and eventually had their daughter together. That was a few years ago, and Bianca was just starting Kindergarten. Sara wasn't sure what to do with herself when Bianca was off to school. Before, Bianca would have been back from preschool by lunch, but now she was going to school all day. Though Sara had found it left her with more time to get work done around the home not having to watch a small child all the time.

"Careful!" Sara called out with a smile as she watched Bianca stumble as she ran. She wasn't really worried, the girl wasn't in any immediate danger and if she fell she would only get a few bruises or scrapes. Of course, she would start crying, but it was nothing that mommy couldn't handle. Sara had been unsure about being a mother in the beginning, but she was so glad that they had had Bianca. She loved getting to watch over her child as she grew up, she could hardly believe it had already been five years since she had been born.

Sara set her empty coffee mug on a table by the side of her rocking chair as she leaned her head back and closed her eyes just taking in the morning sun.

Jonathan woke up and had his morning coffee as he sat outside his home in a wooden chair gazing at the morning sun. It has been 20 years since he broke up with the love his life Sara, but was still not able to get over her. They had dated during high school, but the distance between them during college proved to be too much for their relationship and they broke up. Jonathan finished his college and worked at several companies before starting his current job as a freelance web developer from his home which he has been doing for the past 5 years. He lived alone in his place with his dog which he named Saralina, after his love Sara and his mother Lina.
After finishing his coffee, Jonathan went out with Saralina for jogging. Then he came back to his home and took his shower and got ready. After playing with Saralina for a while, he made his breakfast and had it.
Then he started working on his freelance projects. Suddenly he received a call from his mother. She cried to him that she was treated with breast cancer and was finding it really hard to stay alone now that Jonathan's father had passed away 2 years ago. He got really upset and decided to go home to stay with his mother and take care of her, whilst working on his projects. He packed his laptop and clothes with him, and got inside the car with Saralina.
Then he started driving to his hometown. As he drove through his hometown, he could recall the fun times he had as a child, how he proposed to Sara and met her, how they shared their first kiss and all his fond memories.

Last edited:
Bianca ran up the steps of the porch with Henry following close behind her. She climbed up onto the rocking chair beside Sara's and started rocking back and forth on it. "What are we gonna do today, momma?" she asked giggling. Sara looked over at her daughter and smiled.

"Mommy needs to go into the store today, do you want to come along?" Sara asked, though she was planning on bringing Bianca along anyway.

"Yeah yeah!" Bianca shouted as she kicked her feet since they didn't reach the ground.

"Alright, I need to go get ready first. Do you want to help mommy get ready?" Sara stood up from her rocking chair and moved over to pick Bianca up from where she was sitting perching her on her hip.

"Yeah, I want to help," Bianca said as she snuggled up against her mother. Sara smiled as she carried her daughter in the house, "Come on Henry," she called as the dog ran inside past them, but remained close trying to figure out what was going on now. The dog danced around her as Sara made her way back to her bedroom where she sat Bianca down on the bed and began looking through her closet for an outfit to wear. She was currently just wearing her pajamas and her robe. And she also needed to do her pickup and fix her hair.

Jonathan reached his home, he was overwhelmed with all his memories. He went inside the bedroom, and saw his mother lying on her bed. He sat beside her and held her hands, and she wept on her son's hands. The two had not spoken for a while before Jonathan's father died, as she was not happy with him being single forever. But they got along at Jonathan's father's funeral and have remained close ever after.

His mom asked him "How are you doing Jon?", as she looked at his eyes with love, to which Jon replied "I am doing fine mom". Then Jonathan made his mom a cup of coffee and sat with her. The two discussed about their lives and how lively their home was when Jonathan's dad was around. They talked about Jonathan's childhood and she told that she was still not happy to see him this way, though Jonathan said that he was happy staying single.

While he was in the kitchen, he found out that most of the essentials were over, and decided to go to the store. He told his mom that he would return in about half-an-hour, as he left his dog Saralina with his mom for company, and picked up his car key.

Sara picked out a few outfit options letting Bianca help her decide on which one to go with. The young girl loved getting to choose her mother's outfits. Once that was done, Sara spent some time putting on her makeup and fixing up her hair while Bianca sat on the floor playing with Henry for a bit. Sara had quickly learned that having a dog around with a young child was a life saver. Henry was so good at entertaining Bianca without getting upset if she pulled on his tail or ears. Sara had been worried that he might lash out at her, but he had turned out to be very gentle with kids.

Once she was ready, Sara brought Bianca out to the car in the garage where she helped her get buckled into her carseat. Meanwhile, Henry whined from behind the doorway not wanting them to leave. She tried to move as fast as she could so he wouldn't get too upset about them leaving. Once Bianca was secured, she climbed into the driver side and drove them to the store.

At the store, Sara brought out a list she had brought with her of all the things she needed to get. She grabbed a shopping cart and helped Bianca up into the seat. She handed her daughter her purse to hold onto knowing that looking through it would keep her entertained while she found the items that they needed. She'd become quite skilled at keeping her daughter entertained when out and about. At times she felt that she might have been meant to be a mother with how quickly she had picked up on motherhood skills.

Jonathan drove to the store which was quite far from his home in his car, as he was driving he could see his high school and with it all his fond memories with Sara filled up his mind. He turned on some music to divert himself, and felt better. After reaching the store, he sat in his car for a while, and made a list of all the things he needed to buy, he has been staying alone all his life, and knew how to manage the household without any trouble.

He finally parked his car and got out of it, putting the keys in his pocket. He slowly walked inside the store, and grabbed a shopping cart. He started to pick all the things he needed to buy, when suddenly he sees a small girl sitting in a shopping cart, as he slowly lifts his head, he sees Sara, the love of his life picking up things from the store too. His heart starts to beat faster, and he could see how beautiful Sara still was, and how her child was so charming like her. He is so shocked he can hardly think, as he just looks at the mother and daughter.

Sara began walking through the store picking out the items that they needed and placing them in the cart. She crossed off said items as she went along quickly finding all that she needed. She knew the store's layout so she was able to move through it with efficiency. Bianca was kept entertained by the items in her purse, which included a few small toys she always had on her just in case.

As she walking through one of the aisles looking at the items on the shelves, she happened to look up as she noticed someone else was in the aisle and she would have to maneuver past them. She was shocked to find, however, that she was fast to face with Jonathan. She hadn't seem him in so long, but he hadn't changed enough that she couldn't recognize him. She was surprised to see him in the store knowing that he had moved elsewhere. But his mother still lived in town, so maybe he was visiting her.

"Jonathan? Is that you? What a surprise, are you visiting your mother?" Sara smiled approached Jonathan with her cart and trying to strike up a conversation.

Jonathan didn't expect to meet Sara ever again, he was so shocked and out of words, he just kept looking at Sara as she approached him with the cart. He wanted to hug her and cry his heart out, saying how much he missed her, but he understood that she was a mother now and from the way she striked up the conversation, it was clear that she had moved on with her life.

He controlled his emotions, and smiled at her, "Hi Sara, yes it's me Jonathan. My mother has been affected with breast cancer, and I wanted to take care of her as my father had passed away a few years before. Do you still live here Sara ? Is that your daugher ? She looks so pretty" he replies back casually trying to not let her know that he hasn't got over her, his first love.

Sara frowned at the news that his mother had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Cancer was a terrible thing and a tough experience to go through. She was glad to hear that he had returned home to care of her though. She imagined his mother would need as much support as she could get throughout her battle. "I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure she's glad to have you home though." She remembered hearing about his father passing away too.

"I do still live here. And yes, this is my daughter, Bianca," she smiled down at her daughter who was staring at the strange man her mother was talking to. "Say hi, sweetie." The young girl gave a small wave apparently a bit shy. Sara patted her head with a small laugh at how adorable she was.

"Yes, she is happy to have my company Sara", he says with a small smile in his face, as he is happy that Sara was still the same caring and loving girl he had fallen in love with. "How are your parents and your family Sara", he asks as he wants to know how Sara was doing and if she was happy.

Jonathan was ecstatic to see Sara's daughter, he looked at the adorable girl and smiled at her, "Hi Bianca, which class are you in ?", he asks smiling at her. He could see that she was cute and adorable, just the way Sara was in highschool, "She looks just like you", he says looking at Sara, as their fond memories come back to him and he exhales slowly as he controls his emotions.

Last edited:
"Everyone's doing well," Sara nodded when Jonathan asked about her family. She was glad that both her parents were still around so they could be involved in Bianca's life. And it was even better that they lived in town, so they could watch Bianca if Sara and her husband ever needed or wanted them to. Her husband's parents lived a bit farther away, so Sara's parents were always the go to babysitters.

Bianca continued to stare at Jonathan as he talked eventually addressing her. "Kindergarten," she spoke in that childish way kicking her feet playfully as she sat in the cart. Sara smiled at her daughter, "Yes, she does look a lot like me from when I was her age." She was always hearing about how Bianca looked like her, which she was happy to know. It made her feel good knowing that Bianca took after her a lot.

"That's great sara, and am really happy to see you after so many years", Jonathan says as he smiles slightly at Sara. He is amused as to how the playful Sara he had known had grown up into such a responsible and caring mother. He was happy for her. Also he was glad to know that Sara's parents were fine, he still remembers those wondeful days the both of them spent at Sara's home, and how they would laugh and play with each other all the time.

"Okay sweetie", Jonathan says as he looks at the cute and adorable Bianca. He was so happy seeing the young girl, and was happy for Sara. "Would you like to have a cup of coffee Sara", he asked quite nervously, as he was afraid if Sara would want to talk with him after so many years. He just wanted to talk and laugh with her for sometime, and keep those memories for the rest of his life.

"It's so nice to see you too. Such a pleasant surprise," Sara smiled back at Jonathan. She had to admit it was nice to see him after so many years even if the last they had spoken had ended with them deciding to break up. She'd always wondered how he was doing and what he had gotten up to after their breakup. Now seemed the perfect opportunity to do some catching up.

"That would be great, but uh, I'm a little busy with this one here," Sara motioned towards Bianca who had returned to rummaging through her purse. "Maybe during the week when she's in school? If you're not busy then that is." She was also glad to hear that Jonathan apparently didn't have any ill will towards her because of their breakup. At the time, it had made sense. Trying to keep a relationship up when they were attending different colleges had been too much of a strain for them. Sara had gotten over him a long time ago, after all she was now married. She wondered if Jonathan had a girlfriend or wife of his own. She had to admit to herself that it would be a little weird seeing him with someone else since they had been in each other's lives for so long.

Jonathan just smiles at Sara. All the memories of their relationship ran through his mind, and he remembered their breakup too, but he convinced himself that it was the best for Sara, as she was happy with her family now. However he didn't want Sara to know that he wasn't able to get over her and has been single because of that. He didn't want to make Sara to feel bad or guilty in any way.

"Yeah, it's fine Sara, you can call me whenever your free", Jonathan says as he gives Sara his freelancer's business card. Jonathan just wanted to spend some time with her. He was also happy that Sara did not have any ill towards him, clearly she had gotten over him, but that didn't worry Jonathan as he believed that love was one-way and was happy to have loved one person with all his heart. He was happy to have spent those few years with her, for him those are the memories he wishes to carry with him through his lifetime, and now seeing her happy with her family only made him happier.

Sara took the card reading over it quickly impressed to find that Jonathan had his own business cards. And apparently he was working as a freelancer, which was probably convenient at this point of time when he needed to be taking care of his mother. She tucked the card into a pocket in her purse and returned her gaze to him. "Oh thanks, I'll give you a call and I guess I'll see you then."

"Oh and if you or your mother ever need anything let me know. I'd be happy to help out," she smiled softly. She would hate for the two of them to be going through this time by themselves when they could really use a community of people behind them. Sara was certain at least, that Jonathan's mother would get the best care possible from the nearby hospital. The people working there had taken care of her when she had had Bianca after all.

Jonathan looked at Sara as she read his business card, and smiled at her. "Sure Sara, I'll let you know if we ever need something", Jonathan said smiling at Sara, he was happy that she wanted to help him and his mom through this tough time. His mother too loved Sara very much, and he remembers the happy days when the both of them would hang out at his home with his parents.

However, he wasn't willing to disturb her by asking for any help, she herself had a family and had to take care of them all. He didn't want to burden or trouble her in any way. He believed that he could take care of his mother well, visiting some nearby hospital regularly for checkups.

He moved aside and left way for the mother and daughter to walk, "Bye Sara", he said slowly, controlling all his emotions just the way he has been for the past 20 years.

"See you around, Jonathan. I'm glad we ran into each other," Sara smiled as she took control of the shopping cart once again and maneuvered it around him to continue on with her shopping. It wasn't long before she had everything and headed to the cash register. Then there was loading up the car and placing Bianca back in her carseat once more. She'd been well behaved the whole time, which Sara was glad for.

At home, she would unpack the groceries and put everything away with a little help from Bianca. Later on in the day, her husband returned home after a hard day at work. She greeted him with a smile and told him about having run into Jonathan and how surprised she was to see him. She also explained about Jonathan's mother too.

"That's too bad, my aunt had breast cancer you remember?" her husband reminded her when they sat down for dinner.

"Oh yeah, I remember that. She had a tough time with it if I remember correctly. I offered to help Jonathan out with his mom if he needs it," Sara explained as she kept an eye on Bianca making sure she was eating her food.

"Well, let him know if he needs any help with some heavy lifting I can lend a hand too," her husband nodded with a big smile. Sara smiled back at him, her husband was a caring man and worked at a legal firm in town. It also meant he worked long hours, but he was always making time to spend with his family too.

"I'm glad I met you Sara", Jon says as Sara walks past him with her daughter. He looks at her dreamily for a while as she heads towards the cash register, then he starts picking all the things he needs for him and his mom one by one. Then he too pays for his purchase at the cash register, and leaves in his car alone.

He then drove to his home, though he was happy for Sara, he was sad too. He exhaled slowly as he tried to calm himself down, but still couldn't stop recalling their past. Then he reached his home, and his dog came running to him. He carried his dog and went inside to see his mom. He told his mom, he had met Sara and that she was happy with her family and had an adorable daughter. Jonathan's mom was happy for Sara, but she was sad that her son was this way and badly wanted to see him getting married and have kids of his own. She was also happy that Sara had agreed to meet her son sometime, she told Jonathan to atleast try to get over her after their meeting and move on with his life.

Jonathan tells, "I will try to get over her mom. However when I saw her today, I got a feeling I don't get when i see any other woman". He also tells his mother that Sara offered to help them, however his mom too didn't want to burden Sara with any trouble, now that she was a young mother.

Then Jonathan went and sat in his chair and started to work on his projects, before cooking lunch for him and his mom. The two had lunch together and Jon played with his dog outside for a while after which he continued working.

The rest of Sara's evening went by as usual. She spent time with her daughter and husband before tucking Bianca into bed. Then a few hours later, she and her husband went to bed as well. Before they headed off to bed, Sara had removed the business card Jonathan had given her and stuck it up on the refrigerator where she could see it so she would be reminded to call him when she had the chance. It was sandwiched between artwork, a variety of letter and number magnets and various other cards with information about doctors and other contacts.

It wasn't until Monday that Sara had time to call Jonathan, but that morning she dropped Bianca off at school and returned home alone. It was still early in the morning, so she decided it was still a good time to go out and get coffee. She picked the card from Jonathan off the fridge and typed in the numbers on their home phone. She looked over the card once again as she waited for him to pick up as she wondered if maybe she should have given him her number so he would know who was calling. Otherwise, he might not pick up thinking it was a telemarketer. She shrugged to herself dismissing the thoughts figuring if she couldn't contact him she could always leave a voicemail.

Jonathan spent the rest of the day working on his various projects and then made dinner which he and his mother had together. It had been a long time since the two spent so much time alone, and they were laughing and had a good time. Then Jon played with Saralina, his dog for a while before all of them went to sleep. As he lay down on the bed, he wondered if Sara would call him.

Throughout the weekend, Jon kept his phone by his side and picked up all calls, almost all from telemarketers which he wouldn't have been picking up during his normal days. He just wanted to meet her again and spend some time with her. Then after a day, his mother felt really bad and he had to take her to the hospital. The doctors prescribed some medicines and they came back home. On monday, Jon was deep in his sleep, when he heard his phone ringing. He was quick to pick up his phone, and answered quite drowsily, "Hello this is Jonathan Trager. How can I help you?", and rubbed his eyes waking up.

Sara stood up straight when she heard Jonathan's voice on the other end of the phone. He sounded sleepy and she realized he probably didn't have to get up quite as early as she did since he worked as a freelancer. "Oh sorry, did I wake you? It's Sara, I just dropped Bianca off at school and I thought now would be a good time to go get that coffee." She felt bad about having woke him up, she guessed she was just used to getting up early since the rest of her family had to be up early.

"I can let you get back to sleep," she continued. She wouldn't be upset if he'd prefer to sleep in, there were some days where she wished she could sleep in too. Being a mother was a full time job, however, so she always had to be up when Bianca was up, which was usually early in the morning.

"Ohh Sara", Jonathan says as he wakes up and sits straight. He gets ecstatic hearing her voice at the other end. He didn't expect to receive her call in the morning, but it didn't matter to him as he would he happy to meet her anytime. His dog too came running to him sensing Jon wake up.

"Good morning Sara, I am awake now", he says as he wants to meet her, and doesn't want her to think that she had woken him up early. "Are you free now Sara, can we meet now?", he asks as Saralina snuggles him. He then gets out of bed as he speaks with her.

"Well, that is why I am calling," Sara laughed a little as she spoke. "Do you still remember where Moe's coffee place is? We could meet up there." Moe's coffee place was one of her favorite places in town to go for coffee and breakfast. Sometimes she even had lunch there as well. It had been around since before the two of them were in high school, but she wasn't sure if Jonathan remembered the place. He'd been gone for a while after all.

Sara had already gotten dressed for the day since she had had to take Bianca into school, but she imagined Jonathan would need a little time to get ready. "We could meet in maybe, fifteen minutes?" She figured that was a good amount of time for him to get ready and the coffee shop wasn't too far away, so they could get there quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back