• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Reuniting Lovers (Closed)

Jon giggles as she hears her laugh. It had been a long time since he had laughed with her, and he felt very happy. "Yes Sara, I do remember Moe's coffee place", Jon said grinning as he remembers the place. He had spent a lot of time with Sara at the place, and it was one of his favourite places.

"Sure Sara, I'll be there in 15 minutes", Jon said as he rushes to the bathroom to quickly brush his teeth. He then quickly opens his closet and takes one of his favourite dresses and quickly gets ready, and rushes to his car after telling his mom that he will be back in an hour.

"Alright, see you shortly," Sara smiled to herself before hanging up the phone. Since she was already ready, she spent some time playing with Henry before she had to leave. She knew he would be upset with her for leaving again so soon, so better to give him lots of love now.

After a bit, Sara grabbed her purse and headed out to her car. She drove to the coffee place in town and found a place to park nearby on the street. She walked inside and found a small table to sit at near the front so Jonathan would be able to find her easily when he arrived. She was excited to find out what he had been up to in past years and to catch up on what was going on in their lives. He had already met her daughter, but she was waiting to hear if he had started a family of his own yet. She'd always thought he would make a good father and his taking care of his mother proved that he was a family man.

"Bye Sara", Jonathan said as they finished talking. He started to brush quickly and had a quick facewash. He then quickly put on one of his favourite pair of shirt and pant, and put on his shoes. He only had 7 minutes left and didn't want to be late, he quickly told his mom he would be back in an hour and rushed to his car without even seeing his dog, who he thought wouldn't mind it as he was meeting Sara, since Saralina was named after her.

He then drove quickly to the place, combing his hair while driving. He was however nervous as to how she would react when she knew that she was still single, not being able to get over her. He reached the shop by time, but didn't find a place to park. So he had to go to a nearby street and park the car. He was 5 minutes late, when he walked inside the coffee place, and smiled at her as he sat opposite to her. "Hi Sara, sorry am a little late, I couldn't find any place to park here, so had to go to the nearby street and park it there", he said as he smiled at her.

Sara looked up when Jonathan entered the shop and joined her at the table. "Oh, it's fine. You're not that late," she smiled. "Parking is always a pain isn't it?" She joked trying to lighten the mood. It was the truth too, parking in town was always difficult since there was a limited number of spots. Sometimes one had to park far away and walk a great distance to wherever they were trying to get to. Some places in town had their own parking lots, but even there there was a limited number of spaces.

"How's your mother doing? Is she going to be doing chemotherapy?" Sara asked. She figured it would be a good idea to start off with a neutral conversation topic before discussing how their lives had been for the past few years.

Jon smiles back at her, "Well yes, parking has become really tough nowadays", he says as he laughs lightly. He could sense Sara trying to lighten up the mood. "Have you sent Bianca to school ?", Jon asks about Sara's charming daughter, whom he liked a lot.

"Yes, mom is doing good, and she doesn't want to be doing chemotherapy. She just wants to keep taking the medicines. You know she is image conscious and wouldn't like it if she loses her hair, teeth and nails. She wants to be happy till she is alive, and I too don't want to force her to take any treatments", he says as he. exhales slowly to control the tears in his eyes.

"Yep, I dropped her off this morning. She was all excited to go," Sara smiled when Jonathan asked about Bianca. She was glad that he had taken an interest in her daughter as she was one of her favorite things to talk about.

"I see, I suppose that is her decision in the end..." Sara glanced away suddenly feeling bad for asking about his mother. "I'm sure having you home will help her enjoy the time she has left." She reached over to pat Jonathan's hand reassuringly. She knew how much his mother cared about him, and with him as her remaining family, she was probably very appreciative that he had come home to take care of her.

"That's great, she seems to be a really adorable and lovely girl, I am happy for you Sara", Jon says as he smiles back at Sara. He was very much interested in Bianca, as he was always fond of children. He even thought of adopting 1 or 2 children in the near future, though being a single dad, he could adopt only a male child.

"Yes, it's her decision, and she doesn't want to go through a lot of trouble during treatment", Jon says slowly. "We are having a good time together after quite a few years now, I think this is for the best too, she is happy that I am with her now",he says as Sara pats his hand. He doesn't want to make her feel bad for asking about his mother, infact he was really happy that Sara cared about him and his mother, even after all years. It was not a surprise though, Sara was a caring and loving girl from her childhood, and that's what Jon liked in her very much.

Last edited:
"That's good to hear," Sara smiled as she leaned back in her chair. Shortly after, a waiter came over to take their orders. Sara's was simple, just a coffee and a muffin. She'd already had a bit of breakfast in the morning with Bianca, but she could always have a late lunch if she ate some more now.

"So what have you been up to? Where have you been living?" Sara asked. They'd lost contact with each other after breaking up and she hadn't heard anything about how he was doing. She wanted to know what he had done after graduating college as she was sure he was curious to find out what she had been doing since graduating as well.

Jon smiled back at Sara as she leaned on to her chair. After she had given her order, he ordered a coffee and a brownie. He didn't have his breakfast as he had to meet Sara, but he wasn't feeling hungry anyway. Then he too leaned back and sat comfortably. He was happy to spend some time with Sara after so many years.

"Well, after college, I worked at various companies before starting my current job as a freelance web developer which I have been doing for the past 5 years. Freelancing is more flexible , and I am able to make the same amount of money. And I have been living in Connecticut. What about you Sara?", he asked as he smiled at her.

Last edited:
"Hmm, let's see." Sara thought back to what she had done after graduating from college. She and her husband had gotten married not long after graduating, but had remained in the college town in an apartment. "We stayed nearby the college I went to for a year, I was working as a receptionist at a counseling place. Then my husband found a job in my hometown and we moved here. I found a job at a nursing home for a few years before we had Bianca." She had to admit her career wasn't as interesting as Jonathan's. He'd managed to work his way up in the world and reach a point where he could do the work that he wanted.

"Now I'm a stay at home mom," Sara smiled. She didn't mind not working, in reality she enjoyed being home to take care of Bianca and watch her grow. She didn't understand parents who both worked and dropped their children off at babysitter's all the time. She wanted to be there for her daughter.

Jon gazed at Sara as she told him about her life after graduation. He was happy for her and believed he had taken the best decision by breaking up with her, as he wasn't sure if he could have kept her happy as he was shifting too many jobs after graduation. However he couldn't stop imagining how different and wonderful his life would have been if he hadn't broken up with her and stayed together.

"Well that's good Sara, you can take care of your daughter and watch her grow, and maybe start working again after she grows up. She needs your care now, and I do think she's a mommy's girl", he said as he grinned at her. He was happy seeing how the once playful Sara had become a responsible mother.

"Well, I'm glad you think so," Sara laughed a little at his mention of Bianca being a mommy's girl. She did spend a lot more time with her she supposed.

"I noticed you didn't mention anything about a family of your own, or maybe a girlfriend?" Sara inquired. She wondered if he just hadn't mentioned it or if he really hadn't found anyone else. She couldn't imagine that he didn't have other girls fawning over him. He was attractive and had been great to her while they had been in a relationship. Of course, she wouldn't judge him either if he was still single. Sometimes people realized that they preferred to do their own thing, and that sort of sounded like that was what Jonathan was doing.

Jon too laughed. "I am still single Sara", he says as his laughter turned into nervousness. He didn't want Sara to know he still hadn't moved on from her.

There were a few girls who asked him out at college, whom he rejected as he didn't want to get into another relationship again, as he was still in love with Sara even after they had broken up. However after graduation, he shifted his concentration fully towards his career and was shifting jobs quite frequently, and didn't have much time to meet anyone and wasn't interested anyway . However after he had settled down in Connecticut, he did get a few chances to start dating again, which he again avoided. He hadn't been in any relationship after breaking up with Sara, as he wasn't able to get over his first love.

Last edited:
"I guess you've been too busy with your career huh? Especially if you've been moving a lot," Sara offered. She imagined moving around would make it difficult to find someone to settle down with and didn't provide time to get to know many people. "But maybe now that you'll be staying in one place for a bit, you can get back out there on the scene." She smiled as she imagined Jonathan going out to bars and trying to pick up girls.

"You're a good man, Jonathan. Any woman would be lucky to have you," Sara tried to give him a little bit of a confidence boost. She knew that dating could also be a nerve wracking experience. She'd dated a few other people before finally meeting her husband, but even by that time she still hadn't gotten over the dating nerves.

"Yes, I was busy shifting from company to company. Anyway, I am not trying to get into any relationships Sara", Jon says as he laughs lightly. He couldn't picture himself going out with any other woman. Certainly he wouldn't be happy dating anyone else, and no woman would want to be dating a man who was thinking of some other woman all the time.

"Well thanks anyway, that does give me a bit of encouragement, though I think I have gotten too old now to start dating Sara. ", Jon says as he laughs lightly again. It was true, though he was good looking, he had a lot of gray hair on his head. "Maybe I can adopt a kid and watch him grow, but now am happy with my dog, she keeps me entertained", Jon says as he smiles at her. He would have adopted long back if he was allowed to adopt a girl child, but single men were only allowed to adopt boys and he thought it would be better if he adopted at 40 or above.

Last edited:
"Oh nonsense, you're never too old to start dating," Sara waved a hand to dismiss Jonathan's notion that he was too old. He still had a lot of life in him to live, which meant there was plenty of time for meet that special someone. She lowered her hand as the waiter brought over their orders. She blew on her coffee a little to cool it down a bit before taking a sip.

"But adoption does sound like a great idea. All those poor kids who have to grow up without parents..." Sara's smile faded as she thought of all those children. She had met a few orphans who had come through the counseling office she had worked at. They had all been great kids, they had just been born into some unfortunate circumstances. "You'd make a great father," she commented.

He smiles as she waves her hand, "Well, it's not just that am old Sara, I have given up dating and relationships a long time ago", he says as the waiter brings their order to their table. He then sips his coffee and grabs a bite of his brownie, as he gazes at Sara's eyes.

"Yes, I would have adopted a long time back, but as single dad's are not allowed to adopt a girl child, I wanted to wait until I was atleast 40 before I adopted a boy. I would really love to go out fishing with the kid, have dinner with him, send him to school and watch him grow up", he says as he smiles at her. "Haha, I would love to bond with my kid the same way you and Bianca are", Jon says as he looks at Sara.

"Oh, I see," Sara commented when Jonathan said he had given up on dating. She supposed if he had decided to remain single that was his decision. Though she imagined staying single could be a hard thing to do. Humans naturally wanted company as they were pack like animals.

"Are you sure about that? I don't think there's any law against single men adopting girls. You might have been given some false information," Sara's face scrunched into confusion as Jonathan mentioned he wanted to adopt a girl. "Though I'm sure having a boy would be just as nice."

"Yes Sara, I have not dated anyone since our breakup", Jon said as he looked down at his coffee. He tried to not tell her as he didn't want her to know she hadn't moved on from their relationship . But something inside made him tell the truth. He couldn't stop himself as it was too much for his heart to bear and he just wanted to spill it out to her.

"Well, my friends told me that, I think I should check with a lawyer about that, however it would be equally good to adopt a boy too now that I think about it", Jon says as he looks at Sara. Many of his friends were from other countries and the adoption rules generally vary for each country, so Jon might have received some wrong information.

Last edited:
"Oh..." Sara fell quiet when Jonathan said he hadn't dated anyone since their breakup. Thoughts started running through her mind, had he never gotten over her? She started to wonder if perhaps it was a bad idea for them to be talking like this. He should be moving on from their relationship and her being around wouldn't help that, though it also seemed that her not being around had done nothing as well.

"That sounds like a good idea," Sara replied when Jonathan suggested he might speak to a lawyer. "Or you could probably ask the adoption agency you were looking at. I'm sure they could answer your questions."

Jon smiled lightly at her. He thought it wasn't a good decision to have told her the truth. He slowly sipped his coffee and looked at her again. He wondered if Sara wouldn't want to talk with him if she knew he hadn't gotten over her. Anyway spilling out the truth took a burden off his head, and he could think more freely.

"Yes, I think I should probably ask the adoption agency instead. They could help me for sure", Jon said as he smiled at her. After seeing Bianca, Jon badly wanted to have a child, as he loved how well Sara and her daughter bonded with each other.

Last edited:
"Well, if you do end up adopting and ever need some parenting advice, you know who to call," Sara smiled once more as she focused in on their talks about adoption. She figured that was best so they didn't get wrapped up in the past and what could have been. Their lives had been laid out and decided already and they didn't involve being with each other. Jonathan's confession that he hadn't dated since their breakup had surprised her, but she wasn't going to let that ruin what was simply two old friends catching up on life.

Sara continued to drink her coffee and ate the muffin that she had ordered. She wasn't sure what else to talk about so simply fell silent. She had already asked all the questions she had had about what Jonathan had been up to. She wasn't sure if he still had more questions about her though.

"Haha sure Sara", Jon said as he laughed. He understood that Sara wasn't much interested in discussing about their past, and was pretty much focussed on her present life. Then there was awkward silence as both did not know what to talk about.

Jon too continued to drink his coffee and ate the brownie. He was thinking of something they could speak about. "So are you still in touch with our friends from high school", he asked as he smiled at her.

Last edited:
"If you mean do I still follow them on social media? Some of them yes," Sara had to laugh. It seemed like high school was so far away now and she hadn't done a good job at keeping in touch with high school friends. She still saw glimpses of their lives now and then when their posts popped into her feed, but that was the most she heard from them. "But I'm not really in contact with any of them no."

Once she had gotten to college, friendships from high school had seemed to disappear so quickly. She supposed the same was true for her relationship with Jonathan. She had made new friends though and many of those people she still talked to on a regular basis even though most of those friends had moved away as well. She still had a few friends from her previous jobs that she kept in touch with too. Then there were the mom's of Bianca's friends that she often spent time with whenever the kids had play dates or birthday parties. Sara began to realize just how much her social life had grown since having Bianca.

"Have you kept in touch with anyone? Or is it mostly just college and work friends now?" Sara asked as she pulled herself back out of her thoughts.

"Haha, that was not what I meant", Jon laughed. He had a group of friends in high school, but had totally lost touch with all of them. Those were good times when he would hang out with all his friends, and be with Sara all the time. They were really good friends before he proposed to her.

"Fine, I have also lost contact with all of them, I think I should get a facebook account soon, atleast to keep in touch with all you guys. I am pretty close to Alex, he just lives a couple of blocks away from my place. I usually go out with him for movies and dinner", Jon said as he smiled at her. Alex was Jon's good friend and had studied with him and Sara. He had been though the highs and lows of Jon's life, and they were really close. He even helped Jon propose to Sara. However they lost contact during college, before they eventually moved to the same place for work. Jon was really happy he had a friend nearby. Alex was married and had a boy, and Jon would spend some time at Alex's home every week.

"I do have a few college friends and as am doing freelancing, I haven't made any friends in work, it's mostly just professional", Jon said as he started to recall the good times in his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back