• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Return to Mineral Town: A Harvest Moon Roleplay

Reanimator Buns

"Hmm? Oh? You never heard? Deep in forest, right at the base of those mountains over there is where its at. Its a small town. Got its name from the rich ore deposits deep in those peaks. Strangely enough though, its greatest asset is its wealth of farmland. Or at least, it was. When I was a kid, I remember that old farmer. Really kind fellow, alongside his wife. He had children, of course, but they all had other passions in life to pursue. Farmin' just wasn't in the cards for 'em. Can't say I blame them. We all have a calling after all. Anyway, he got older, and then one day passed peacefully in his sleep on a cold winter's night. His wife stayed there on that farm, and tended to their animals, but she knew she wasn't much longer. It was just about time she sold them off. Make sure they too could live out the rest of their days with love and care. Just as he did all things in his life.

I feel mighty nostalgic reminiscing like that. It's a shame... Wish someone would take me up on the offer to revitalize those fields. By the Goddess, it would be a great boon for this little town. Otherwise, I'm afraid that Mineral Town may too, pass away in its sleep. Ah well. Nothing can last forever now, can it? Hm? What's with that look on your face?"

"Ha-ha, oh you tease an ole man too much."

"Why you're serious... No-no I'm quite excited. Thrilled even. I was just suprised! I'll be out for a bit longer on business. Tell you what: pay me a visit next spring and I'll show you around. I warn ya', it ain't gonna be easy. Poor field needs a lot of love and care. But should still be as fertile as ever. I look forward to seein' you again. Thanks for listening to an old man ramble on for a bit too long."

Hello everyone! This is an interest check for a Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons) Roleplay! This is going to be a lot more sandboxy, as the majority of the story revolves around the townsfolk and how they interact with one another. The main premise is that a new rookie farmer has recently taken it upon themself to take over the field in Mineral Town. Mineral Town is a small town with cobble stone streets. It has an Inn, a beach, a Library, a Church, a vineyard, and few other shops and houses.

I'm looking for a decent number of characters in either supporting or more major roles. I also wouldn't be against more than one farmer! In that case, the field might be split up, or someone could take over the ranching side of things while someone else does the field work. I'm open to your ideas.

Here is a map of Mineral Town with each point of interest marked on the map (please ignore the button prompts). Players can claim some buildings for specific purposes! (And if you're familiar with Mineral Town you don't have to follow the same kinds of shops as you might be familiar with)

Town-Map-FOMT-with-reference.png
1-6: (Player's Choice)
7: Residence + Winery
8: Mineral Town Inn
9: General Store
10: Clinic
A-D: (Player's Choice)
E: Church
F: ???
G: Town Square
H: Mother's Hill Peak
I: Goddess Spring
J: Mineral Town Hot Spring
K: Mineral Town Mine
L: Camp Ground
M: Mineral Lake Cave

Aww I love the vibe of Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon; I'd love to make a character! Definitely interested in almost any role most likely, I'm sure I could make a character no matter what. Though I may narrow it down as we get more people :)

Ooh, very much interested. This is one of my favourite Harvest Moon settings. What kind of post schedule, if any, are you thinking about using? Once or twice a week? Once a day? Whenever you can get to it? I would like to be the general store owner, though am tempted to be the winery owner as well.

Ooh, very much interested. This is one of my favourite Harvest Moon settings. What kind of post schedule, if any, are you thinking about using? Once or twice a week? Once a day? Whenever you can get to it? I would like to be the general store owner, though am tempted to be the winery owner as well.

I think that once a week is a reasonable ask. Obviously more is great.

I'm working on how I want to run days, but we don't need to write EVERY day obviously

I'd like a little more interest before really starting, but I'm tempted to make the CS today if I get the chance...
Whatever works for you, the sooner we all get this started the better for everyone's interest typically 😄

I promise! He's in good hands, I swear!

Seriously, though, I look forward to seeing everyone's characters and working together.

Real simple, but probably wont be able to work on my own CS until later today

Never too late! We have tons of space. And if I need to, we can always add Forget-me-not Valley to the map, since those towns are supposed to be right next to each other

Could I reserve the new owner of the Hot Springs? I have a fun idea, if I'm allowed to add possible monster hunting?

Could I reserve the new owner of the Hot Springs? I have a fun idea, if I'm allowed to add possible monster hunting?
Hm... Monster hunting isn't usually a part of it. They typically have some fantastical elements sure, like the witch or the harvest goddess or a few others. I don't have any specific monsters in mind though that would be in it. Of course there is always wildlife and being like a ranger. I'll can put up a poll to see what people want though.

You know, its reasonable to imagine that there would be SOME people that like hunt or defend against supernatural beings. I'll allow it, but remember that this is a pretty low fantasy setting, and some people might just think them crazy or eccentric. We're here for fun anyway

Maybe they are hunting for sprites? The only good brownie is a captured or dead brownie, after all. And who has ever heard of a harvest sprite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back