• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Return of the Scarlet Empress - OOC 3e

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Don't forget that you get for free a complete CMA. They don't count against your total.

You get something like 27 Charms as an Established Exalt before you count the free CMA.

So Chowlett Chowlett any thoughts on your character and what faction you are looking to take? I was pondering Bronze. And I like the idea of our characters having some familial connection, be it sisters or some other relation.

No rush. I think that Chowlett Chowlett had a lot of reading ahead of him with all the pdfs I sent his way, so we need to be patient.

Yeah, starting at Ess 3 there's a bunch more charms I need to at least skim. I'm through the Journeys ones. (There's some fun stuff! I love the "everyone assumes you're in charge, so long as you don't explain why you are" one).

I see I also need to brush up the basics of Sorcerous Workings, to understand astrology this time.

Psychie Psychie which sort of Secrets are you? Thief, Assassin, Savant...?

More a savant and sorceress than thief or assassin. I did go ahead add max out my VBoS style, and while I considered getting a few SMA Charms, I went with more spells instead. Other than my Intimacies, I think I'm done with my sheet. Might post what I have tonight, but I'm not sure yet.

Getting through Serenity now... current thought (although it's subject to change as I read more abilities) is to lean into "Excellent Implementation of Objectives" (Craft - complete a craft project in not more than a day for a Major project) and become some kind of McGyver, building what we need in the field as we need it. Only strike against would be that that probably wants hit Int, which I was trying to avoid.

Mostly there's a lot of reading! I'm pretty much through Serenity charms now; Craft, Performance and Linguistics all have fun stuff and I might dabble in those. I'm expecting to settle on an Endings caste though.

How would you handle crafts? It always seems quite punishing that your 5 dot craft skill in Metalworking, say, can't be used at all on Woodcarving.

Oh, I really like the feel of Auspicious Implement for Strife (grab an improvised weapon. It works slightly better than a mundane weapon. Repurchase charm repeatedly to make it an Artifact, then to add Evocations). Sherwood Sherwood If I chose a Martial Art as well (not set on that yet), would you allow such improvised weapons to be compatible?

Oh, I really like the feel of Auspicious Implement for Strife (grab an improvised weapon. It works slightly better than a mundane weapon. Repurchase charm repeatedly to make it an Artifact, then to add Evocations). Sherwood Sherwood If I chose a Martial Art as well (not set on that yet), would you allow such improvised weapons to be compatible?
I can go with that. After all, you are using your Essence to empower the item and guide your hand.

Cool cool.

I'm going to start trying to throw dots down, even though I still have a bunch to read (Sidereals are worse than most for this. With Solars you can say - I'm never going to get on a ship, I can ignore Sail charms; but Sidereals you kinda have to check them all - after all, Sail also covers assuming positions of authority).

Psychie Psychie do you have some kind of off-site app where you were building San as a WIP?

I think I need a little bit of inspiration help. I have a mental picture of what my character looks like and their behaviour, but I can't work out how to gel it with a caste and matching concept.

I plan to take Social attributes as Primary, probably fairly evenly distributed.

I really like the idea of having high Craft, plus the charm that makes crafting really, really quick, and approaching many problems in the field by lashing some sticks to some rocks and manufacturing an improbably gadget that turns out to be exactly what we need (ideally, I'd be crafting without high Intelligence. Core rules allow for that, although I get I may have to stunt it. Not a deal breaker). This includes weapons - I don't plan to take an artifact weapon, and may not take a mundane weapon, instead relying on 2-3 purchases of Auspicious Implement for Strife. That sits in Serenity's domain, but I don't know that the character is sufficiently "good with people" to be a Joybringer.

I picture the character with close-cropped hair, a mismatch of work leathers and practical clothing, probably with a set of goggles on their head - a cross between welding and flying. As much as an appearance can guide, that feels Journeys, but I don't know that anything else about the character does. Maybe there's a bit of wanderlust, an energy of constant motion?

Finally, I think I'm probably leaning into the Endings abilities of Athletics, Awareness, Bureaucracy and Medicine a bit. But I don't know how to square the cheerful, energetic field-crafter with the archetypal Endings concepts.

I've ruled out Battles and Secrets, but suggestions otherwise would be great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back