• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lexie M. Norwood, Sheriff
Interactions: EMIYAman EMIYAman Slav Slav Ennuis Ennuis dragonsfire dragonsfire

Lexie simply rolled her eyes at the Ferox and drawled out, “Which is what we’re gettin’ paid fer yes, buh it ain’t helpin. Helpin’ from doin’ things they ain’t whistlin’ Vira for.” There was absolutely a difference at doing good things because you were getting paid for those deeds, and doing good deeds for the sake of doing good deeds. Again she idly glanced at the pig before glancing around at the scene of destruction from the bandit’s wake. As the city-slicker, you could tell due to his pronunciations, manner of dress and hardly any specs on him went out in his marvelous display there was a segment of it that cause the Sheriff’s lips to curl in content.

She gestured her index finger at Sebastian and allowed her other hand to drop and rest at her hip. “Woo-oooah thar Slick, ain’t gonna hunt ‘em like rabid dogs. Sure when a shoot-out happens and them fellers perish, that’s jus’ cost o’doin business. Laws are what separates us from beast, an’ we can’t just go willy-nilly killin’ folks even if’n they’re bandits. I’m hopin you fellers ain’t just a buncha folks usin this fer a license ta kill, it ain’t right.” Thumbing towards herself she continued on. “I’m at least gonna try durin’ the inevitable shoot-out to keep as many alive fer a proper judgment by this here’s county jurisdiction and let their Sheriff and Judge weigh on it.”

Rolling her shoulders around she glanced back towards her flash that was still on the ground and back to the hog which still needed to be returned. “As fer intel, I’d reckon it’s fairly clear. Hell I’d damn near bet that all we’d need to do is just stake out here and wait fer ‘em to come back considerin they chose this ‘ere village to come and plunder. S’clear they burned good chunk of this place to tarnations, so if’n ya’ll want to do investigatin you’d be well off to check any records of missing oil or alcohol shipments. Folk in town clearly have probably heard some things, any lil detail is important. Considering the amount of damage it ain’t that small of a convoy o’thievery, so they’re also likely to have struck various other farms to keep their own lines goin’.”

“Shoot, tons of ways this could all go down."
Sheriff Lex looked between all of those assembled, "If'n ya'll care fer m'suggestion, I'm thinkin' a few folks are gonna be needed fer sleuthin out n about, while some ought guard and watch the cattle so t'say. So if'n ya'll like to express what you, or supposin' the Corporation, feel yer good at, it'll be a necessary step for drawin' up some plans."

Riki Anjo
Mission: Dungeon Scouting Party

Riki knew he was acting like a mark, a little fanboy, so he got himself under control as the old warrior reminisced about his adventures that he was, yes, quite familiar with. That almost flew out the window the second The Gauntlet came out, the real deal Robin Peak Gauntlet, and it took the young man much of his considerable force of will to suppress the need to gawk. There was still a very quiet, short "oooooh" under his breath as he admired the battle-scarred artifact, but Anjo straightened himself up as tall as he was, locked eyes with Osric of the Iron Hand and firmly grasped the legendary weapon offered to him.

It was perfectly proper tough guy etiquette developed across years travelling with wrestlers, who had their own little codes they were surprisingly touchy about. A good, strong squeeze so both men can show the strength of their arm, but not trying to get into a grip contest or otherwise being a dick about it, and in cases like this you adjust to give the veteran some leeway. "Naw, to be the man you gotta beat the man, but you also gotta learn from the man. Until you make it ya gotta respect the best". It was all about respect, meant the world for people like them, and Riki truly respected and admired Osric.

Torin's little spiel brought the fighter back down to earth and the matter at hand. Respectfully bowing his head to The Iron Hand, shrugging and gesturing back at the little guy, Riki let go of the handshake and stepped up. "If you don't know me you need to go outside more because you've been missing out! If you don't know me it means you don't know the one and only Barton Travelling Troupe! Famed far and wide for its collection of spectacular superhumans, dedicated to excellence in all forms of physical culture!", he started, making sure his voice boomed louder than Atlas'. This, too, was the field of a professional wrestler.

"I am the youngest of the Barton fighting champions! Trained in all manner of combat arts by true experts in their fields! I have never conceded a fall be it by throw, hold or blow, unbeaten since my first foray into the arenas of the world!". The massive youth raised his right high, finger pointing to the sky in a declaration of trascendence, and his body tensed and contracted in that pose, so that his impressively marked muscles showed all the more through his loose open jacket for effect. "The name's Riki Anjo, and I'm here to put the hurt on anything that steps to me".

Mitch Conner Mitch Conner PeanutLemur PeanutLemur Synastry Synastry SachiGrl SachiGrl Remembrance Remembrance

vUiFo8l.gif
L4TpjXP.gif
dIgVIVa.gif

Associated Mission: Dungeon Exploration
Tags Mitch Conner Mitch Conner PeanutLemur PeanutLemur Synastry Synastry Remembrance Remembrance

Just as the cage is 4 inches over the edge, the bar-keep turns his head toward the shelf she was on. "Again?" he said as he spotted the fairy flailing at the white bars of her prison, moving it at a barely visible rate. "Man, you got the stamina of a Pronghorn Antelope," he shook his head while mumbling about the fairy's tenacity. He wasn't too fond of keeping watch of the little critter, but if it was a valuable asset to the guild, he made sure the thing remained so under his watch. Speaking of being a valuable asset, he was certain the creature was scheduled for a dungeon quest. The man with light brown, shaggy hair nonchalantly took hold of the handle attached above the fairy's cage; he held the cage right before his belly covered with an overly worn green shirt. He didn't like to look the thing in the eye. She always tried to communicate with him, but he didn't speak Hāta. Eventually, he found his way through the crowd to the front entrance. His free hand blocked the sun's rays from invading his dark, solemn eyes.

Hridi was more than 25% closer to her goal, but of course, her plans had to be foiled by the 'bar' man. She sneered at him, crossing her arms and sitting on the opposite side of the cage away from his belly. Although she made a very tiny 'tsk' sound, only a human with abnormally good hearing would have heard her soft protest. Seeing that he was taking her somewhere, she assumed he was either changing her position again or sending her off to another dungeon. She hoped it was a bunch of new recruits, so she can get them lost for hours without end. The moment the sun peeked from the door's opening, the fairy ducked down as she wrapped her arms around her legs in a fiddle position. How long has it been since she's last seen the sun's light? Perhaps too long. Slowly, she allowed her eyes to peer from atop her knees. Her wings naturally stretched as it was feeling much more awake with the sun's warmth. At last, she stood, holding the bars of her prison for balance.

The shaggy hair man quickly found Torin as he boastfully greeted their new recruits. He scratched the back of his head while standing awkwardly offset to the back of the man. Lifting the cage as he opened his mouth to speak, a new recruit beat him to the punch. He lowered the cage and closed his mouth as he waited to hand the cage over. The bar-keep rolled his eyes as the poacher tries to flaunt his skill to Aether's key information broker. "Okay, okay," he said unenthusiastically, "Now that he's done with the step and hurt and the whatever.. here's the Ramalite Fairy for their quest. I got to get back to work," the bar-keep shoved the fairy into Torin's hands causing Hridi to tumble forward. She slammed her fist against the base of the cage as she watched him walk away; her face lit up angrily like a bright red tomato. "আমি আশা করি আপনি একটি অন্ধকূপে শ্বাস এবং মরে!" she cursed at the raggedy looking human, her mouth clearly moving, but barely a sound was heard. Maybe a squeak here and there.

Mission: Razed Fields
harloteck
location:Road to Abringen interactions: Heathestus Heathestus Zeebruh Zeebruh MiraAutumn MiraAutumn Zalgo Zalgo
when more people showing up harloteck looked around he disliked the man that brought the horse he brought such a pompous attitude and smell with him he would prefer not to deal with that thing. the human introducing himself distracted harloteck, turning around to face him harloteck looked down at the man who had introduced himself as carter.

"i am harloteck, my last name was...stripped from me, and i should inform you i'm not with any guild as of such, if you wish to know my specializations its cooking, i am personally planning to try some recipes with the eagle-wasp"

harloteck turned to the other two new arrivals giving balder a death glare.

"so what about you two? then i can smell a nervous one and one that is far too.....never mind. hopefully we can work together, perhaps we might stand some sort of chance"

the smaller lizard creature hopped back and forth nervously at harlotecks statement harloteck petting the small creatures head seeming to calm it down.

Ezekiel Weignheart
Mission: Dungeon Exploration

As much as Ezekiel wanted to start making jokes and putting himself out there, the more he waited; the more he realized that he wasn't necessarily needed to do so. As more people came to join the group. One warrior who came by horse, another man who came by noticing one of the more famous shard hunters present in the area. The man who was exceptionally made introduced himself as Riki Anjo, a freelance arm for hire. While Ezekiel wasn't too kind and didn't quite respect that kind of work, he didn't want to make a big fuss about it. Torin gave a brief explanation and stated that more information would be given once a fairy had been brought to the group. A fairy? What's one got to do here? Ezekiel pondered on why the group would need a fairy, most were troublesome at best and unless paid, didn't quite have the same attitude as actual pathfinders.

Ezekiel let his qualms about the fairy dissipate as he looked at the growing group. Ezekiel was sure that the group all together could work good co-efficiently but the amount of just common warriors in the group worried Ezekiel, having too many would make everything a lot more cramped, especially in a dungeon. His mind was already on working on a work-around for the casual cramped space of a dungeon, his staff wouldn't be able to freely move so he'd probably have to down-size. A sigh later and he was already worried how he would fair against some of the more heavy hitters in the group.

As his mind was left to wonder, he was quickly pulled back by the sound of prideful boasting. Riki, the freelance boasted of his no-loss career with the Bartons. Wait, I know that group! That's the circus group isn't it! Ezekiel chuckled under his breathe. Wow, what an accomplishment. This guy's a fighting champion for a circus group. Only after putting his exemplar status as a warrior, he introduced himself for a second time. Ezekiel couldn't stop with some light chuckles here and there, Riki was truly a member of the circus group.

Soon the fairy arrived, the barkeep delivering it to Torin. Ezekiel could tell he was done with the fairy, who wouldn't be? A momentary glance at the fairy gave Ezekiel the not-so secret knowledge of it being quite angry, he could care less however, if he was gonna follow somebody into a dungeon; it'd be an actual qualified pathfinder.
SachiGrl SachiGrl Zerohex Zerohex Mitch Conner Mitch Conner PeanutLemur PeanutLemur Synastry Synastry

Arkose Aquincum
Mission: Razed Fields

Caught slightly off guard by the appearance of several new Hunters, Arkose took a step back from the two he was already with to make room for them, and to give himself space to take it all in. Zanian seemed through and through a woodsman, or at least what all woodsmen aspired to be. His pelts and hides complemented his weathered appearance, and though he tried not to gawk, the claw marks on the side of his head drove this idea home. The woman was simply intimidating, in a stone brick wall kind of way. Her iron armor glistened in the sun, which he figured would not at all feel pleasant to be in, as his own leather armor was starting to feel a little too heavy even with the breeze. Lastly, he noticed that she was wearing gloves, which is when he concluded that she may not be right in the head, though dangerous none the less. Next was the pretentious man sitting on the horse, demanding luxuries from this struggling village. It was almost to be expected with how delicate he appeared to be, except for the patches of mangled skin and calloused hands. He decided that they weren't likely to get along. Lastly was the monster of a reptile known as Harloteck. If it weren't for him being able to talk, he might have considered him to be yet another monster plaguing this poor village. He was certainly a strange sight, though he supposed that Ignis had a lifetime of strange sites in store for him.

Gathering his wits, Arkose let out a long sigh. He supposed that this would be the group that he'd be working with, so they may as well get to know each other. Unclasping the spear from his gear, he began to examine it as he spoke. "It is nice to meet you all. My name is Arkose. I used to be a farmer, though I am now a Shard Hunter, and certainly not some servant of yours." He cast a harsh glare at Balder. "I am quite new, and I hope to learn a lot while on this mission," he concluded. By this point, he had become comfortable enough around them to let loose a grin. He ran his hand along the Ramalite on his weapon to ensure it hadn't broken between the guildhall and here. It wouldn't make the weapon useless without it, though it would greatly diminish his capability if it had shattered. Making a mental note to find some higher quality Ramalite soon, he pushed the base of his spear into the dirt in front of him and began to lean on it. "Is anyone else coming?" He asked nobody in particular.

Created by: EMIYAman EMIYAman
Current Mission: Village Defense- Rank C
Alvis "Al" Godfried

After Alvis had finished his speech which was said for his own sake rather than to assuage any worries of his work ethic to his teammates. The masked man was the first to respond. He introduced himself as Ajax, the mans voice sounded a lot younger than Alvis had thought. He had assumed that based on his grim look and tall stature that he would be in his 30's, but based on his voice he probably wasn't all that more experienced than Alvis. Despite his looks he's just like me huh? Well I would be lying if I said it didn't make me feel a little better knowing we all have common ground. Other than his brief introduction Ajax also mentioned the bandits. He had told Alvis not to worry that together we would take them out, though he had also called them scum and Alvis couldn't say he didn't agree with the assessment. Then after his brief sentence Ajax said nothing more he simply turned back toward the village and said nothing. Well it seem's I was right in thinking he wasn't the talkative type. Alvis thought while giving the man a thoughtful glance. Oh well it's fine he doesn't have to be the vocal type for us to help these people. At this thought the women spoke up and in a almost scolding tone. She proceeded to lecture him on how his rank didn't mean anything and that no one would care what rank he was so long as he helped people. She then gestured to the pig she had tied up and continued with her lecture saying that returning the pig was important to the villagers and that showing people you cared about their plight rather than money was what made a hero. Alvis somewhat appreciated the lecture for what it was, she seemed like a wise albeit intimidating, women with a lot of experience under her belt. However, he was still confused as to what she was lecturing him for. I don't get why she started talking like that, I merely wanted to introduce myself and isn't telling your rank a way for guild members to introduce themselves? Alvis thought about this, all the while the women continued with her views on what it means to be a hero. She then gestured back to the pig and patted it affectionately going on about how the owner would be glad to see it again. Alvis still din't know what to think of this woman but he could tell she really cared about the people, and that was more than enough for her to fall into his good graces. Well at least it seems that she really cares I may as well listen to her, she seems like she knows how things work out here. Alvis thought while nodding to himself, satisfied with the people he has met so far. My guild mates seem to be quite the characters, but they aren't bad people. Alvis is suddenly brought out of his thoughts when the woman again addresses him, and makes a strange comment. She mentions something about him not looking all that impressive and while he can understand why, it still kinda stings, but what really caught his attention was she mentioned that he must be worth something since he is "his" kid. Alvis was startled by what she said and couldn't help but bring his thoughts to the most logical conclusion. Somehow, she must know of my father but from where? Alvis thought on this new development and wondered what their relation ship could have been, and how they met. As he was thinking the women finally introduced herself she lifted up the cloak she was wearing to reveal a badge, a sheriffs badge to be exact. Alvis was even more surprised now, as the frontier sheriffs were individuals with a lot on their plate and based on the look of this women she's seen a lot out there. If she is a sheriff and has this much experience then why did she join Aether? The group of people he now found himself working with seemed to be full of unanswered questions they were all so different and unique from each other. The woman introduced herself, after showing off her badge, as Lexie Norwood, but that was all Alvis would catch in relation to who she was. As she continued to briefly describe her town and past, Alvis was already lost in thought once again as to the nature of this women.

These thoughts were once again interrupted by another addition to their growing numbers. Alvis was surprised by the sudden voice and turned to it with his guard up. He was further surprised to find the voice belonged to a half naked, dark skinned, and scarred Ferox. The Ferox somewhat awkwardly introduced himself all while rubbing black ash on his chest. His name was Dorian and he was almost armed to the teeth, Alivs noticed scores of axes and knives on the man.
I wonder how effectively he can use all those, does he only use throwing weapons? Alivs took more time to examine the Feroxian man and noticed he didn't have an ounce of Ramalite on him, absolutely nothing. Alvis was surprised by this as no one these days epsecially a Shard Hunter didn't carry Ramalite on them. He briefly reached out with his Whim, washing the light particles over the man discreetly to see if it would interact with any Ramalite the man had potentially hidden on him. Still nothing, no Ramalite anywhere. Alvis was confused at this point, but decided to keep his questions to himself it simply wasn't his business if Dorian didn't have Ramalite. He continued talking and mentioned that they had a job to do and how we should focus on it. Alvis found himself agreeing with Dorian it doesn't matter how nice or helpful we are if we can't finish what we came here for it will all be for naught. Alvis' attention was once again brought away from the group to a new arrival.

Alvis shouldn't have been surprised to see who it was, but in all honesty he had forgotten about the man when confronted with the people before him.
Sebastian approached them all from within his stage coach and was brought directly in front of them. There was an awkward pause as it just sat there for a while with the driver just sitting there and waiting. Alvis heard muffled talking from inside of it, then came the rattling of movement. What is he doing in there? The door burst open suddenly and Sebastian made himself known to the rest of the group. He introduced himself in a grandiose way which seems typical for him. He then brings attention to Alvis saying that he must have already told the others of his arrival, all the while saying his last name wrong. Alvis looks sheepish as he hadn't told anyone about Sebastian so he decided not to speak up. Alvis found himself getting caught up in the conversation of everyone around him without the ability to put in any input himself merely observing the actions of his teammates. Sebastian proceeded to proclaim the bandits as "foul brigands" which must be put down by them. Rather, his speech was something about jackals and lions but Alvis hadn't really been listening.

Ms. Norwood
, as Alvis now decided to call her, descended on Sebastian in all her lecturing fury and warned him that they wouldn't just be senselessly killing these bandits. She proposed that they take them in for a proper trial, but not before she questioned everyone there as to whether they were merely Shard Hunters so that they could kill as they pleased. This bothered Alvis as he never wanted to kill anyone, and would never take this career simply so he could kill. I want to help people, but if I have to kill to do that... He decided not to think about the hypocrisy surrounding this thought. Alvis' expression took on a grim look as those thoughts pervaded his mind. Ms. Norwood proceeded to describe their plan of action; take stock of supplies and find any missing objects taken by bandits. Alvis reasoned it was so they could figure out the bandits plans and know what to look for. She then began to describe roles needed for this mission, people to investigate, and people to guard the villagers and their property. Alvis found himself feeling better by this point. It looks like we have a plan of action now, with this we will be able to protect the villagers and stop the bandits from harming anymore people. Alvis was thankful for this newfound unity courtesy of Ms. Norwood and seeing his opportunity finally decided to voice his thoughts.

"I agree with Ms. Norwood."
Alvis said this while projecting his voice to all present so his words could be heard clearly, and his resolve known. "I believe that if we take stock of the situation and gather as much information as possible we will be able to better handle the bandits, right now we only have the most basic of information and that is dangerous for us until we understand the problem."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back