• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Red Hood Society

Rykad sat there as Honus went after the lycan. How could he just stay here, splitting up was a terrible idea why was a superior splitting up the party. But he couldn't disobey an order, he had to just sit there with the witch and this thing. He saw the thing in front of him pool out a black liquid that then turned to a mist around him. "What are you." Rykad asked. as he spoke he was thinking why the hell did he speak. It was just a reflex action he didn't know why he but he just wanted to know. He wanted to not always be in the dark about everything. Ever since the incident he had felt that way. Like he never really knew what all was out there. Thats one reason why he joined the Hoods. Granted it wasn't the biggest reason but it was a reason. He wanted to know everything he could.

@FireMaiden @Mori-Jin

Lucifer blinked, his eyes slowly turning to the boy who'd spoken. He remembered somebody asked him that before his banishment, he killed them. But he had been gone for a while, nobody WOULD remember him. But you'd think you'd remember a demon who almost took over hell. He literally had an entire army of fallen angels, monsters, witches, humans, demons, and even some demigods with him. Speaking of, where did they go? He shook the thoughts off, it didn't matter to him. He slowly floated forward with the strange mist like entity, "You may call me Sin Of Greed." He gave a fake smile, nice to meet you.

@Axeykins

So well versed for a dog! Honus imagined that, if it had not been stupid enough to get infected, it would've made a great scholar. Perhaps a priest even. However, none of that mattered now. It's humanity, if it had ever had any, was gone. They were now a condemned monstrous beast, one that deserved to be purged. "Oh, you wonder? Is it because that all creatures harbor such unreasonable hatred for you dogs? Your kind deserves this, for many reasons. It is for the better of all to have an infectious rabid dog vanquished from existence. Your kind, charged with deaths of so many only to devour or turn you kill, you have lost your place in this world. Maybe you never even had a place. Perhaps you even deceive me. How am I to trust the corrupted words of an ever-hungering man-dog?"

Perhaps Honus' secondary weapon was his words. He was trying to wear down the beast, break it down, as weak and inferior as it already was. Then, he could hopefully put an arrow through its disgusting malformed skull and end its existence. It wasn't personal, it wasn't anything having to do with Honus' opinions about the superior species. All he knew was that his kind was threatened by this threat, and it must go.

But the talk about not even having a pack, how sad. Did it have no friends? Much like the girl that Rhykad ended earlier? The Hoods have done their number on their kind. They were nearing the end of the struggle. 

"Hm. A dog controlling its bloodlust around a hated Hood? How preposterous. I have no fear for what your kind can do to me, not in all my years. Commit to fight or flight."

"It is amusing how you assume we are hated by all. The only ones I've seen unreasonable hate from is your kind. Not all of us are the same, we have good reason to despise you all and harbor an age old grudge."  He firmly stood his ground.  "And I have not tried to attack you yet have I? I have already eaten what I can tolerate tonight. Disgusting as it was and as much as it makes my stomach churn wildly. I have  stated my reasons as well, I only seek warmth at the moment. To flee would be death by freezing and starvation and I am no fool when it comes to battle. I know there is no chance if I fight. Like us, you Red Hoods rarely ever fight alone. Even the strongest warriors do not dare it unless they are truly idiots. If I even thought of attacking you your group would come running correct?"

With a huff Marius dropped the stick he held and sat down. His focus turning towards the ground. "I choose to commit to the option of nothing. I am tired, weak, feeling ill. My heart burns with the desire to kill you all and feel the sweetness of revenge, I so badly wish I could. It is all I know all I remember most clearly, the only purpose my elders and alpha had given us. But what good would it do now? They are all gone so all it would accomplish is removing another one of my own kind from the face of this earth in vain. Weakening our numbers even further. A pathetic attempt to fulfill my own desires for some reason I can't even remember. I would rather survive another day, find a pack and possibly a life mate. Take revenge when it would make the biggest impact on you." He sighed heavily. "Look at me, so exhausted I have been rambling on to a Hood pointlessly. You don't care, that arrow in your hand now is going to be the end of this conversation. I could try and turn you in my last moments. That could be entertaining but I would rather not risk making rouge."

@JokerValentine

Lucifer had to admit, this wolf man was intriguing. His point stood, and his words made impact. Had conflict between humans and wolves always had such Friction? As far as the sin remembered, wolves and humans barely ever spoke. Was it the Demon War that took affect? Oh well, it made no difference now. But this strange wolf, it was . . . Special. He looked back at the human holding the bow and arrow. He had a few choices here. Lucifer could kill one of the humans, in the chaos grab the wold and run, he could let out the full insanity of Greed, but that would put him at risk. He could kill the wolf, and walk away with the dead body, and then heal it by infusing the damaged parts with Greed, but the last experiment like that didn't go . . . As planned. Lucifer sighed, and stood still. He would wait, for now, and see how everything played out.

Yasero ran as fast as she could, given the situation. Her little Athena had a large wound on her leg, given by a knife, and couldn't walk. How did they get here? Athena and Yasero had been in a village when Athena accidentally shifted. They'd been in wolf form, on the outskirts, but Athena had been caught shifting. Yasero had done all she could to help her there, but they had to run. She carried the crying girl in her arms as she rushed. It was all good until she noticed three figures in the distance. If they were careful, she could get help. She could save little Athena from death. "HELP! HELP! MY, uh, SISTER IS HURT!" 
@Axeykins @Mori-Jin @JokerValentine

@Axeykins @Echo Dreamsong @TheRealBmike @Mori-Jin

Maybe Honus understood what the beast was getting at. Sort of. It wanted mercy. It was of course too prideful to beg, too down on its luck to believe that a Hood could show sympathies. Was it not right to kill them? But it was a sickened, weakened excuse for a living creature, wolf or not. Still, he clenched the bow in his hand, aiming it at the beast. He knew what he had to do, but he couldn't do it. Alas it had even grown dark, a prime detriment to the hunters. Soon they would have to return, if at all, under the cover of darkness. "Poor dog," Honus sympathized halfheartedly, "I know you're too full of yourself, stupid even, to understand asking for mercy. You're not a fair fight. I don't shoot those who already suffer. Take your leave then. Go on, leave. If you want the life you so desire, go. You harm only the foolish in these woods. Convince you and your fellow mistake to leave the three of us be, and we will let you go. We're weary too. So g-"

And now another had joined the party. A wailing voice from on high, possibly human and possibly shifter, made its foray into the scene. "Fucking great," Honus said under his breath, "is this supposed to be a family reunion at this rate?"

Such a lapse gave Honus a time to reflect on what he had just told the beast. A dog, a natural disease-ridden mistake that seeks to repopulate the world by biting helpless men and women, terrorizing and devouring children. He had just given a fiend, who could very well be lying and deceiving the hunter, a branch of trust. To run away from the fight under the promise of not being slain. It was an offer, a fair offer, and he assumed the dog had the ability to make a choice.

(on my phone and it's dying so sorry if post is short and has horrible grammar. Lol)

"Stop assuming I am stupid. I do not ask for mercy because I to not expect it. Life has been so cruel for so long why expect anything else?" He shifted where he sat. "I am going nowhere. There is a fire here and that's where I will stay until morning, if that is a reasonable demand to you.

He was about to continue on when another voice popped in. A young girl, how odd. Out at this time in the middle of the woods. She was either a lunatic or a wolf. "Do not act so venomous hunter. I do not know her or her sibling." The thin beast shoved himself off of the ground with great effort. Turning himself to face the newcomers. "What gave her this wound? Do you know how deep it is?" He asked curiously. It was at this moment he dropped any care of of she was a wolf or not. An innocent child in such dire straights stirred something deep within. A more protective instinct of sorts that he couldn't explain. Something more tender and human in nature. Taking a strap from his armor to tie around the child's leg to slow the bleeding. "I am sorry...I don't think I can tend her wounds here. I have nothing to do so with. Not even water or a clean cloth."

@JokerValentine

@Mori-Jin

@Echo Dreamsong

@TheRealBmike

@Axeykins

@Mori-Jin

@Echo Dreamsong

@TheRealBmike

It was already quite obvious that the male was having a small moral crisis. He didn't want to admit that the dog had a point. It sorta did. But it was still what it was, a mistake. But suddenly the male regained his composure and realized that they were human figures. Was he to let this dog lick their wounds and turn them too? Not on his own watch! The male made his foolish approach, drawing his bowstring.

"Stay away from them," he said, knowing they needed help, "I don't care what you are, I don't care if you're pretending to be a helpful and peaceful dog. I am not giving you another warning. Lay off the humans."

He realized one was injured, bleeding rather badly from her leg. The wolf seemed rather intent of fixing her up, but there would be no such actions from the dog. She needed to get back to civilization- No, it was all too perfectly planned. He was drawn out alone. They could be posers at this hour. They could be problematic. Maybe innocent humans, maybe deceitful creatures. He was torn. He couldn't make these calls. Then he got an idea.

"Actually... Uh.... I..."

He couldn't decide. He couldn't make the call. His fingers grew sweaty, he was losing control, composure. The night air was getting to him. It had been a while since he felt fear.

His fingers nearly released the arrow.

Like this

As he knelt there his bow up and ready he heard Honus talking to the wolf, it had been so quite that anyone could hear. What was the dog talking about and why was Honus hesitating. It was obviously a trap the wolf was luring him into a false sense of security. As he was about to speak to Honus he heard a scream that sounded like... a young girl. Saying something about her sister being hurt. Rykad turned his gaze from the thing in front of him and looked in Honus's direction. He saw her the girl holding a little girl in her arms. He also saw the dog take an interest in him. He also noticed that Honus had his bow up but for some reason he was hesitating. What was he doing was this dog getting to him he didn't understand it. Rykad yelled to him. "DO IT SHOOT KILL THAT MANGY DOG WE HAVE TO SAVE THE GIRLS!"

@JokerValentine @Axeykins @Echo Dreamsong

"Rykad! Should childern be exposed to murder?" Harken snapped. "The dog should be let go, the girls need help." The witch was not fond of exposing young girls to bloodshed. Ever since t...that doent matter now. "Honus don't! We don't have to kill the dog now, it's not a fair fight." (Short but oh well)

@TheRealBmike @JokerValentine @Echo Dreamsong 

Last edited by a moderator:

"Ok." Lucifer spoke, walking up, "I've seen enough." Suddenly the large mist grew, creating a wall that separated the hunters and the wolf and hurt girl. He gave a strange smile to the hunters. "I'm . . . Shocked, to say the least. Humans used to be the one thing that told me that the world had some good in them. And no . . . This? You'd even think of shooting a poor defenseless animal? And in front of a CHILD no less?" Lucifer shook his head softly, slowly opening his eyes. "You disgust me." Lucifer floated up, the dark mist had grown ad a strange man in strange clothes and dark wings appeared. "Took you long enough . . ." Lucifer muttered, turning to the hunters. "Now this is what is going to happen. You all are going to put you weapons down, and I am going to heal that poor wounded child. If you all are to touch your waists, you will feel a  . . . strange black substance there. That. is Greed. If I see you try to deny these said commands, I will have Greed instantly tighten, and slowly, and painfully, tear the bottom halves of your body apart." He looked amongst the Hunters, "Are we clear?"

@JokerValentine

@Mori-Jin

@Echo Dreamsong

@TheRealBmike

Axeykins 

Yasero stared around, her eyes wide. This was a mistake. These were the Red Hoods. If they found out they were not human, it would be slaughter. Athena whimpered slightly and shifted in Yasero's arms. Yasero's gaze shifted from the hunters down to little Athena and her fear only increased. They couldn't run away now, seeing as that would be suspicious. No, they'd have to stay, so Yasero would have to play up the weak side. "P-Please! S-She stole some bread a-and the baker stabbed her! Sh-she didn't mean it! Really! Please help! I-I can't let her die!" A good story, she decided. Athena did look painfully thin, both of them did, so the story would make sense. She just had to keep up the facade.

@Mori-Jin @JokerValentine @TheRealBmike @FireMaiden @Axeykins

(may be a short post. Lol. Not a lot of time over breeaaak at work to post. Will fix after work though)

"I told you I have no intent on harming anyone here. Especially a child, I am no monster. So lower your bow hunter," he turned to face them. That's when he got a glimpse of the other being. A yelp of surprise escaped him. Black mist surrounded them. Cut them off from each other. "What is the meaning of this?!  What is this? What are you?"

"Obviously someone who wants us to care about him," he said rather annoyed. He didn't enjoy his current situation. As a matter of fact, it pissed him off. Here they were trying to hunt creatures that were evenly-matched. And now they had to deal with an immature thing that had unfathomed powers. Not exactly a fair fight by any standards. He didn't really want to converse with it. Not by any standard. But he guessed he had to.

"Oh I get it. You think that there's always a good and an evil, right? That it's always that simple? That people like us can just decide to do what we do? Killing is necessary to ensure our survival. They need to be extinguished, and although it is what it is..... you know nothing about us. You have no right to bother us in our affair."

He had to be careful. He knew the creature would try something stupid and justifiable by his own standards. Apparently he understood the entire conflict, both sides of it, from just a few moments of watching a single discussion. If even that. 

"How about this then? You let us go as we are, we leave. Simple as that."

@Mori-Jin @Echo Dreamsong @TheRealBmike @FireMaiden @Axeykins

Lucifer looked at them, raising an eyebrow. "I think you have me mixed up. I can't seem to find the fucks I give for either you, or the animal." He looked down at the hurt children, "But I do have my standards . . . Good, evil? Ha!" He gave a wicked grin from under his mask, "I'm a fucking demon!" He roared, the trees seemed to shake from his voice as birds flew into the sky, screaming and squalling. "I have no sense of the two. But I'm not about to let two random people get harmed because you're to fucking stubborn to move out of the damn way. Demons like me, we believe in neither good nor evil, just chaos, order, and Genesis." He sighed, "Mortals . . . You'd never understand. Lucifer." He spoke to the strange being with black wings, "My liege?" He asked, turning. "Tend to the wounded one, and make it quick." He glanced at the starving and beaten wolf, "And that one too." He turned back to the Hunters, "I doubt that if I were to let you go, that you'd actually leave. So . . ." He opened his eyes, and a strange paper, glowing in a light gold illumination, appeared in front of them. "The contract. Sign it, a contract. You and all of your forces shall cease from pursuing these two," he pointed at the girls, and glanced at the wolf, "And him, for as long as he is still in famine. Do we have a deal?"

@JokerValentine

@Mori-J

Echo Dreamsong @TheRealBmike @FireMaiden

@Axeykins

Marius nervously paced back and forth within the shadowy walls. He greatly disliked being confined like this, especially ones likes these. A terrifying dark force. "No no no. Let me go foul demon. I do not do dealings with dark forces like you. I will be just fine on my own." He hunkered down on the ground. A dizzy spell hitting. All of this stress was making him sick to his stomach. "Take care of the girls, force the hunters into some deal I do not care. I-I.....gah." He held his head in his hands as it throbbed. The poor frail beast wretched as the contents of his stomach were expelled. There went what strength that was to give him. With a slight shiver and whine he pulled his knees in to his chest. Too tired to do anything more.

@Mori-Jin@Echo Dreamsong@TheRealBmike@FireMaiden@JokerValentine

Athena began to wail again, squirming and kicking her legs. Yasero tensed up, holding the girl closer. Still, there was nothing she could do as Athena's pain caused her to shift slightly. She had a thin layer of fur on her, and wolf like features such as a tail and ears, but other than that she remained human. Her cries were certainly human and filled with pain. Yasero held her closer, turning slightly away to shelter her adopted sister as she snarled at the group. "Stay back... You know how much danger a wolf can be..." She growled, fangs showing in her teeth. She was torn between hiding Athena and protecting them both at the same time. If she ran, it was at least certain doom for Athena due to an infection or blood loss, and that's if the Red Hood's didn't shot or stab them first. Yasero slowly set Athena on the ground, allowing herself to fully shift. She was nearly as tall as a short teen, with brilliant white fur and green eyes. Her ears were folded back, and those teeth would bite if anyone tried to get to the half shifted child.
@Axeykins @Mori-Jin @TheRealBmike @FireMaiden @JokerValentine

@Mori-Jin

As apparently he was forced into conversation with the demon that he really did not want to converse with it. He preferred to deal with the lycans. They were perhaps an easier, more balanced challenge. They did not need magic walls or ego-based drive in order to gain an upper hand. But the 'contract', already it was taboo to sign deals with the dark forces. But there was an additional problem: Honus never in his life learned how to read. Therefore it was already proof that he could not sign the contract. 

"All this talk about stubbornness, and all the while you are persistent on doing as you wish. This is not your fight. Don't pretend you give two shits about anyone but yourself. I'm this, I'm that, blah blah blah. it's funny, someone who has so much control, whether it's physics, people, a demon army, or life in general, you are trying so very much to prove it to me. As for you being the 'leader' you aspire to be. True leadership is proven, not orated."

But alas lay the paradox. If this were to be a tale, one full of life and death, fair and unfair, conflict and resolution, then perhaps Honus may not die. Nobody would. If this were a story, his own story to be exact to an extent, then he would not die. The only way true death of a character came about was for all of them, if the universe were to be shut like the book which contained it. He could not be killed, but death was possible.

Lucifer sighed, "All I hear from you is the lonely and stupid rant of a Mortal." He dropped his hand, and the contract disappeared. "I hope you know what you're doing, that would have made sure neither one of us were to end in fights. But now . . . You have just made me and hundreds more your enemies. But, I am not a war bound blood lust beast, so I won't pull such war onto our forces. But however . . . Be sure to not cross my path again, or blood WILL be shed." He looked down at the wolf who had lost it's strength, now letting loose the wrath of his stomach. He wouldn't force him, he knew how much pride a wolf had, forcing anything on them made things worse. "Lucifer, tend to the girls." He noted.

The being with dark wings walked forward, placing a hand over the two. With a wisp of his voice, of which was almost too silent for humans to hear, he spoke the divine words. The wounds of the girls slowly began to revert. He sighed, turning, "Have you any idea how much energy it takes to heal someone? I'm not an angel anymore Tom, I'm a fallen angel. There's a difference."

"Oh stop whining you're fine." He said, "Fallen Angel or not, as long as you can heal you're fine." he turned back to the Hunters to speak, but shook his head. "Let the Mortals be." Lucifer spoke, "They wouldn't understand Tom. I've told before, the-" Tom sighed, shaking his head. "I know, I know. Some shit about the mind of a Mortal and that of a Demon don't mix. Blah, blah, blah." He turned back to the wolf who had let loose his stomachs rage, "I shall be taking my leave then." he looked down at the two girls, squatting down. "If you wish, you two may accompany me." He turned back to the Wolf, "And you as well, for as long as you need."

Lucifer raised his eyebrow slightly in shock, "One, you don't as little girls to follow you. In many places that is considered, well, what was it again? Pedo-something. And . . . Correct me if I'm wrong but have you gone soft?" Tom shrugged, looking up at him, "Maybe. I have no idea, the void is nothing Lucifer .. . I felt, saw, and realized nothing, but I could sense the eternity. It was hell. And I've BEEN to hell, the void is much, much worse. It changed me." He shrugged, and turned back, "So, your answer?"

@JokerValentine

@Mori-J

Echo Dreamsong @TheRealBmike @FireMaiden

@Axeykins

"A contract with a demon, you musf think we're insane," Harken muttered. She didn't feel a contract necessary, as she had no intent to harm anyone there, though Rykad was going for gsetting his arse set ablaze. "Demon, we won't hurt any of them, but i don't find a contract necessary. We will go, and leave them, bht we won't sign. If we come across them again, and they are still in the state they are now, we will not fight. I can promise you that."

@JokerValentine @Mori-Jin @TheRealBmike @Echo Dreamsong @Axeykins

Odysseus awoke in the top of his tree looking into the bright morning sky he laid there, perched atop a tree, alone breathing in the air slowly then letting it out as he rolled out of the tree letting gravity carry him like a rock being thrown into a lake. Odysseus snapped his palm out grabbing the tree to slow his decent it always hurt when he did it but at the same time it trained his palms to be tougher he liked to old familiar sting even if it brought him pain. As he landed the small game that was in their own little world started to scatter for they knew that he was the king of this patch of forest for he was the only predator in these parts except for the pack wolves but just as in the past if he had to fight them he would.

Odysseus started on walking towards his spring to collect water and relax more animals would give him a wide birth as his massive body went walking across the forest the only warning to the animals was the loud thud of his feet hitting the ground. On his way to the spring, Odysseus heard talking in the distance, humans he assumed were near his territory this had been a problem getting more frequently lately Odysseus didn't feel like fighting so he turned into his human form. One thing that gave Odysseus away in his human form was his glowing eyes any trained hunter would notice the signs of staying in a transformed state for too long and the lasting glow effects on the eyes but it couldn't be helped. Odysseus got closer to the talking still not able to pick out conversations but it sounded like a lot of people were near him he started to tense up wondering if he should have ignored them but figured it was too late to do that he clumsily hid in a bush getting a better view on the scene. The scent of blood filled his nostrils as Odysseus scanned the dramatic scene in front of him, Red hoods, a witch, wolves, and something else was before him locked in confrontation with one another.

(Someone can spot him his kind arent good at stealth as well as the wolves are)

Last edited by a moderator:
Athena suddenly stood, sniffling and looking overall terrified. Her little tail was between her legs, and her ears were back. She didn't like how Yasero was about to spring, she knew that her adopted sister could get hurt. Also, she had a thing about mending human bonds with wolves. Athena snuck around behind Yasero and reached up to grab Harken's hand and gently pulled. "P-Ple-please don-don't hurt my s-swister?" She asked quietly, looking up with her ears down.

@FireMaiden

Yasero growled at everyone, moving forward Rykad.
@TheRealBmike

Harken looked down at the child who now held her hand. "I promise I wouldn't deary," She said with a soft smile. She crouched down, and handed the girl a small vial with a shimmering purple liquid. "For whenever you or your sister is badly wounded again." The witch fe,t no need to be rude to the child. Then, looking over her shoulder, she noticed and oddly familiar form. "Odysseus...of course, we wandered into his territory by mistake," she muttered to herself, standing. "Go young one, try to calm your sister. A fight I'll do no one any good."

@Echo Dreamsong @Ulysses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back