• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Red Hood Society

Footsteps. Thats all Rykad needed to hear to notch an arrow and drop to a knee. He knew burning the body was a bad idea and now they were gonna get ambushed. He leveled his bow and waited. It had to have been the smell thats all he could think of that would of attracted another one. "Wait what the hell was that scream?" Rykad whisped loudly. Now he was starting to worry he didnt think that today was gonna be his day. But he figured if it was gonna be today his mind was ready. "Whats the plan here,We can take them right?" at least he thought there was more then one. It definetly sounded like at least three to him.

@JokerValentine @FireMaiden

Last edited by a moderator:
As he got closer the smoke filled his nostrils. Blocking any other scents around from alerting him to danger. The flicker of the fire appeared before his eyes. His form shrunk more and posture straightened. Becoming far more human in appearance, aside from the more wolven features he was permanently cursed with. Short dark grey fur covering his entire body, long canines, ears and clawed fingernails, now lone glowing golden eye as the other had since swollen shut from the kick and facial features that almost appeared as though they were stretching into a muzzle.

Sniffing curiously he crept up to the blaze slowly. Sticking close to the tree trunks and flipping his ears around in search of anything off. Nothing so far. Only the crackle of the twigs and stench of whatever was burning. At this range though he could make out what seemed to be a body, nothing recognizable unfortunately. Or fortunately? Not like it mattered either way. It was dead and there was nothing to be done. The least it could do now was provide another with comfort and light.

Then he heard it. The sounds of voices. His head snapped up and ears straight forward. Hunkering down as close to the nearest tree as he could get. Friend or foe, it was impossible to tell from where he was, but for certain he wasn't going anywhere until he knew. For while he wasn't very old in terms of being a lycan, he was no fool either.

No doubt the creature was near. Giving away any sound would determine life or death. And Honus didn't want to die or have the witch or the mourner die under his watch. That was never an easy thing to live with.  Honus drew his arrow back on the string, pointing in the general direction of the fire. He could just send one fly, but that would be stupid. The lycan'd just follow the trail. Of course, the lycan also was neither smart enough to look for tracks or for scents. They had that going for them. Honus remained silent, waiting for any movement. He wanted to make this kill clean and easy. Not really like Rhykad's, but similar. 

Then he got an idea. Why not try a bit of trickery? The male let his arrow down for a moment, and looked on the ground for.... a-ha! He picked a stone up from the ground, and turned to his left. There was less tree coverage, but enough. He hurled the rock diagonal to him, hoping to see if he could draw the beast out of hiding. He didn't say a word, trying to keep absolutely silent. 

@FireMaiden @Bmikeization @Axeykins

"Hm?" Was all the demon could say before a rock, seemingly out of nowhere, crashed into his face. He felt his face go back as the rocks backlash sent it flying into the sky. Pain, that was the only good thing about the endless void that was Limbo. You couldn't feel pain in any shape or form. And the feeling of pain of anything after centuries in the bottomless hell that was Limbo, was not something he liked to experience. Lucifer gritted his teeth, reaching up and grabbing the rock, he pulled back, and with every utter of strength he held, he threw it back towards the origin of where the rock was thrown.

"Hm?" Was all the demon could say before a rock, seemingly out of nowhere, crashed into his face. He felt his face go back as the rocks backlash sent it flying into the sky. Pain, that was the only good thing about the endless void that was Limbo. You couldn't feel pain in any shape or form. And the feeling of pain of anything after centuries in the bottomless hell that was Limbo, was not something he liked to experience. Lucifer gritted his teeth, reaching up and grabbing the rock, he pulled back, and with every utter of strength he held, he threw it back towards the origin of where the rock was thrown.

(Please be careful to not make your character so overpowered)

Harken drew her sword, a quiet metalic ring following. She didn't say a word either, I tent on listing to their surroundings. The footsteps and anything else she could hear. 

(It's she hot cause I'm in school)

//my bad for reading a bit wrong. The catching the rock midair threw me and felt off in scene and the strength which it was thrown back too with how you described his strength so far that would be crazy fast @Mori-Jin//

//well, yes it would be fast, but not like insane you wouldn't be able to see it fast.

//my bad for reading a bit wrong. The catching the rock midair threw me and felt off in scene and the strength which it was thrown back too with how you described his strength so far that would be crazy fast @Mori-Jin//

As he knelt there bow leveled waiting for something, for anything to happen. He heard Honus pick up and throw a rock. Probably to try to get the lycan to run the other way. But why, they had it outnumbered it would be an easy fight. Then out of nowhere the rock came back which caused Rykad to panic and shift his aim to the direction from which it came. Was there more then one out there, could be a whole pack. He suddenly didn't feel so confidant in his groups numbers. Rykad tightened his grip on his bow as he just sat there waiting. Using his eyes to scan the trees just to see if he could get a glimpse at what was coming.

@JokerValentine @FireMaiden @Mori-Jin @Axeykins

//Ooooh okay.//

His breath caught in his chest. Having a rock tossed in his direction was tolerable and nothing to jump at. He had expected someone near the fire, it wasn't set by a force of nature and far too controlled to be anything else. What he absolutely did not like was the sound of it being tossed back past. Someone or something else was out there. Off somewhere to the side or behind him. Something deep made his stomach churn. What was it? That reaction was so incredibly fast.

Marius squirmed where he had hidden away for only a few moments before his instincts could not bear having his back facing the unknown like this. Taking the chance he fled from his spot near the tree. Flipping around and facing the darkness of the woods. Backing himself up towards the fire slowly with ears flattened to his skull. He was prepared to take up a flaming branch or whatever may be near as a makeshift weapon to defend himself.

@FireMaiden@JokerValentine@TheRealBmike@Mori-Jin

Tom the Demon, Lucifer the Demonic Sin of Greed, Mitaka, he had been given many names. His name was known all out, and as well as his power. He gritted his teeth as the rock was thrown, and he slowly stood up. He walked forward, the black entity of greed surrounding his body. He may have been overconfident, but he wasn't stupid. He would die again if he were to go blatantly in the open, these people were tense. Infact, he wasn't even sure Greed would be enough if he were to get into a fight. He licked his lips, tasting the dried blood of the wolves he'd killed earlier. "Heh . . . Been a while since I've had a challenge." He spoke as he looked up, he lifted his and to his face, as the black entity focused in his hand. It spread, growing on his face as his mask appeared. (The image I put in his CS) "Hey!" He called in a loud and chilling voice, "Which one of you threw the rock at me?" He continued.

@FireMaiden@JokerValentine@TheRealBmike@Mori-Jin

As the male lied in wait, he suddenly saw, in the distance, a flame arise from the distant scene. The rock he threw also came back at them, with poor aim of course. The tense scene was suddenly ruined by the presence of someone outside. A pig-pen lookalike made his entrance known, enquiring about who had thrown the rock. Honus could've just loosed his arrow, but honestly feared a response from the being. Not that it would be a fight, but that it would be unfair. Was it not their job to shoot such beings? Maybe, but not if he figured something out better.

"Fuck off," Honus said, "none of us threw a rock at you. It came from inside the forest, sort of near the fire."

And here Honus was on the hunt for werewolves, and had to deal with something extra. It's always something extra that he hated having to deal with. He held his hand out to stop his comrade from firing as well, though he could choose to fire if he so chose. Though, considering how there stories usually go, there'd be no point to firing.

Lucifer raised an eyebrow at the response he'd gotten, did they not recognize him? Had he been gone so long that not even his face was feared? Did anyone even recognize the entity? Did they recognize GREED? He sighed, shaking his head. "Satan would be so dissapointed." he muttered, cracking his neck. "Oh well, let's see . . ." He raised his hand, as the dark entity flowed from the ground, up towards them. "So that's it huh?" he asked, as they went back. "So the mortals decided to fight back? That's new . . ." he muttered to himself. This definitely was . . . New. He looked up to the person who'd spoke, and shook his head. "Guess mortals always will be stupid." He said, "No, it didn't. It wasn't even directed from there!"

"I'm telling you again," Honus said bravely, "none of us threw it. So, that's a question you can figure out. We didn't throw it, something else did to obviously lure you here. The other creature did that," the male said.

All the while, with his bow draping down unclenched and his hand behind the back, he signaled to the witch to come to his aid. He didn't want the other bowman to fire, no not yet. The demon probably had some power that would just reflect the bow right back and cause it to explode. Or he'd just catch it. But the witch, however, could be of the best use. This was her specialty. If it came to it, as obviously the demon was too egotistical to realize that nobody knew about it or even think about discussing an alliance with the other creature that was doomed to die.

Honus mouthed under his breath to Rhykad (so as the demon would not hear), "don't fire. I'd personally love to kick his egotistical ass, but I got a plan."

@FireMaiden@TheRealBmike@Mori-Jin@Axeykins

Lucifer glared, this guy was seriously beginning to get on his nerves. That's when he realized the number of the people around him. "Shit . . " he muttered, he couldn't fight by himself, he'd surely lose. He checked his heart, being a demon such as himself, he had made many, many, many contracts in his day. Either with other demons, fallen angels, humans, and a severity of other races. But most if not all of them would have been destroyed by now, but there were some contracts he still held. 2 demons, one witch, and another one he couldn't completely remember. Would that be enough? Maybe, maybe not. But it would give him a chance. He took in a deep breath, and shrugged. "Whatever, hey, one of you hiding ones. I know SOMETHING is out there, would you answer? I can't seem to get anything out of this one."

Everything happened so fast for Rykads liking. This being unknown to him suddenly standing in front of them, seemingly shrouded in black with just a mask for them to see but he could just make out a shape in the dark. Honus spoke to this being which Rykad was surprised it talked. Honus had told the being to leave and it didn't so he pulled back his bow string ready to fire he didn't know if it would work but if this thing got in the way then they had to try to take it down. Just as he was about to fire he noticed that Honus mouthed something to him. Wait plan what plan he didn't tell him of plane just not to shoot. Confused Rykad loosened the tension on his bow but still had it up ready to fire at a moments notice.

@JokerValentine @FireMaiden @Mori-Jin

Marius picked up a decent sized branch from the fire. As heavy as he could carry in his current emaciated state. Clearing his throat he spoke up in his human voice for the first time in a long time. Not like his kind couldn't speak like them but rather they often chose not to unless wholly necessary or for some reason felt the need to. Or as right now, had a lapse in judgment. "Who or what is out there?" He unintentionally shouted. Jumping slightly at the sound and volume of his own voice. Communication was more eye contact and body language for them so he was out of practice for sure."Friends or foes show yourselves. Do not hide and attack from the shadows like cowards!"

"Honus...this thing gives me a bad feeling. Be wary," Harken said quietly, looking at her teammate.  Her grip on her sword didn't loosen, and she stood ready to begin casting if need be. This thing, what ever it was, she vaguely recognized. Like, it was a monster from the old stories her mother would tell. The pages of those dusty and yellowed books engranes in her memory as she was told the stories many times. A bit to the left, and a little behind was Rykad, who seemed to losses his bow a bit, a chose they may or may not regret. While this entity did not seem intent on attacking them at that moment, they could not see the future. Then, from the direction of the fire they had left attacking few minutes earlier, came a shout, making the witch glance that way, but her attention quickly turned back to the thing infront off her and her party.

@JokerValentine @TheRealBmike @Mori-Jin

Well, perhaps the witch was reminded of a childhood traumatic story, but the creature in front of him reminded him of his recent girlfriend. Ex-girlfriend, and she was truly crazy. But, a new voice arose, this one more.... feral sounding. The lycan could use its words, finally. It had a brain! How impressive. Everything was more complicated now, more... heavy. They had numbers, sure, but they were dealing with two creatures that could speak. 

"Rhykad," he whispered, "stick with Harken and deal with the clown. I got the lycan."

Hopefully his words were rather miniscule, so as to not attract attention. 

"You first," the male called out, "make your presence known. In the name of the Hoods."

@FireMaiden@TheRealBmike@Mori-Jin@Axeykins

Lucifer blinked, hearing the voice of a newcomer. It sounded scarce, confused, and strange. Like it hadn't been used in a while. Lucifer groaned, how many of these people were there. "Fuck it. . ." He lifted his hand, and the dark entity surrounded his arm, and hardened. He would shoot out the spike, and hit the person, or whatever it was. Why? Because Lucifer was beginning to get annoyed. But he didn't, he let it flow back into the thick mist, and lowered  his hand. He would find out what was happening first, as well as the fact that he would most likely be attacked when he attacks. He gritted his teeth, staying silent.

Just the hearing the name Hoods made his blood boil, but alas, he was in no condition to fight back. With a slight growl he made his way towards the voice that responded. Clearing his throat he tried speaking more slowly and clearly. Being sure to enunciate his words properly and work past the lisp his fangs caused. "As long as you do not try anything. I hate your kind with a passion, especially you vile Red Hoods, but I am not here looking for a fight." His eye focused in on the figures before him. Their drawn weapons making him extremely uneasy. "Not tonight. I only seek refuge where it is warm...So I suggest you save that for another time when it would be honorable to take me on. Rather than taking on a weak, sickly beast, but your lot has proven me wrong before too many times to count....disgusting murderers." Marius spat. He knew all too well how cold and cruel they all were. How low they were willing to sink to  kill off his kind. Even if it meant raiding dens in the dead of night, burning entire forests down and even worse atrocities he'd rather not think of. Heartless bastards

@JokerValentine@TheRealBmike@FireMaiden

@Axeykins

For whatever reason, Honus did not want to deal with the cloudy man. Perhaps it was because of the reminder of his ex-girlfriend. For him, it was always personal against lycans. Not because they did them any harm, that they killed his parents, something ridiculous to that extent. What Honus despised most about their kind was that they were but a disease, a plague, a natural mistake. Hearing the lycan utter its words only drew less sympathy away from it, according to Honus. Did it forget the atrocities of its own kind? The fact that they mainly increased their count by poisoning poor civilians? That they, like animals, tore up humans like they were made of parchment? 

"And to you as well, foul beast," he began, "is it not so that your kind is any better? You, who hungers in the night to kill, to turn, to devour, it is by your own fault the Hoods exist. And I am damn well glad we do. I thought dogs like you were accustomed to the strength of the night. Does the moon betray you now? Perhaps its sympathies align with us now."

Aside from the rhetoric, Honus wanted a quick end to it all. He truly wished that both of the foolish creatures turned aside and went back from whence they came. Yet, they, the Red Hoods, were the line in the sand, ever pushing forward. It was by duty, not by choice, that the male stood on guard. He raised his bow slowly from its lowered position. The silver tip gleamed off of the fire, at the ready.

"Keep in mind some did not chose to be this way hunter." He glowered. "Obviously I cannot speak for all of my kind, only know a great amount harbor great resentment for all mankind. They are always speaking of a feeling of superiority above such sad weaklings and desire to be rid of you all and bring every last one into our cursed world. Ancient leaders of packs, elders who have lived for centuries and hundreds who follow their word religiously. It is fairly understandable with our numbers slowly dwindling while yours only grow more. What else is a powerful race to do? Then there are some of us who have more personal reasons for our hatred...lost in buried memories or clear as day it does not matter." His eye carefully followed the gleam of the silver. His skin prickling at the mere thought of the intense burning it would cause before death.

"Don't flatter yourself. The moon never betrays us...What you see now is how rough the nights have been lately. Days of running endlessly from a slaughter." He looked back up at the Red Hood. Hatred burning in his eye. "I must say that as usual, your kind are ever so presumptuous...I have no desires to turn any of your kind or kill needlessly for that matter either, only kill as needed for survival. As much as the burning desire within tells to rip you apart limb from limb and make you suffer for all you've done. One such as me is no good without a pack, controlling one in this state is also out of the question as well. I doubt any nearby would come to the aide of a strange wolf either. Trickery is far too common and a strange wolf is not so easily welcome without trial. So consider yourself very lucky tonight human."

@JokerValentine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back