• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic *REBOOT* Wrath of Gaia (Zombies, powers and a rebellion. What more could you want!)

Yahtzee

Overuser of the word 'awesome'
Check out the real deal over here!

Eighteen years in the future the world as ground to an unceremonious halt. Fuel for cars and planes has been completely depleted and mountains of waste dot the landscape. The human race has only glanced at space travel and there are a few pathetically tiny colonies on nearby terraformed planets but compared to massive amount of population that remain on the dying earth. The growing swell of people had to be abated and fourteen years previously a chemical was injected into vaccinations to render people below certain IQ levels unable to reproduce however the chemical acted like a virus and attack nearby cells albeit very slowly. The children with the chemical grew into mindless mutants that wanted nothing more than to stay in quiet, dark places. Any disturbance made them incredibly violent and unpredictable. They were often faster and stronger than normal people and more resilient to pain.

All of the chaos that this has all created has woken something. Something old and powerful. Gaia herself has become disgusted at was happened and she wants to fight back at this. While the government remains safe out of her reach others do not. A handful of people have been gifted with raw pieces of her essence and they will take on an army of zombie-like humans and government agents in an effort to give Gaia a chance to get the Earth to recover.

If you are still reading then I have hope that this may yet be somewhat of a success. I would like for there to be a fair amount of people joining in with us but I'll settle for four before starting this RP though but people can still join afterwards. Sounds like fun yeah? This whole RP will start off with a battle between civillians, rebels, mutant citizens and the government army. Our characters will meet as the dust settles and form a group together.

Here a character skeleton though and you can modify it as you like but it's just something to use:

Name: (It's that thing people will call your character.)

Age: (I'm thinking this should be a number of some description. Preferably double digits. Three is a bit of a push and one seems a bit small)

Element:(What can your character manipulate an generate? The fun bit)

Appearance:(A picture or a description would do well in this section here. We want to know just how beautiful your character is.)

History: (Include here things like how your character escaped the chemical. Most likely it's an age thing but maybe he/she is really smart. Maybe from one of the small colonies on other planets? Whatever you decide)

Personality: (What is your character like? A negative, gloomy goth or a bright and optimistic person? Maybe a total psychopath. Who knows)

Here are the elements and who is using them:

Air:

Fire: (Yours truly)

Water:

Earth:

Ice: @DarkiusHeavenstein

Lightning:

Blood: @Yonsisac

Bone:

Life: @Maeve Valor

Metal:

Energy:

Vegetation:

Consciousnesses: @Jay Windse

Alright then! I've tried to come up with like a lot of random elements there to accommodate for more people but like I said I'm not going to wait for all slots to be filled. Any questions about limitations and things just ask. I'll be waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
The setting sounds fun. What sort of tone are you aiming for, is it more serious or light-hearted? Neither would be bad, of course, but from the writing, the former seems possible. Energy manipulation would be interesting...

If it's still open, can I call Life? Or Metal. Actually maybe Metal rather than Life >> erhg

-edit-

I think I'll go with Metal, actually.

@cloudyblueday I'll put you down as metal for now. If it's still open feel free to change your mind. :)

Jay you would most certainly deserve one in your honour. What did you have in mind?

I suppose I can sort something out for you. :) I'll call it consciousness. It could have those mental powers and more. Like being able to push your body to the breaking point. Mind over matter. Could be really fun. Shall I hook you up?

Anything for a friend!

Side note: We are totally more than ready to start up the actual main thread and I will before I go to sleep however I would like to just wait a few more moments and see if anyone would like to take on one of the other primal elements.

The thought has occurred to me get other gods into the RP but not until later. I want one of the underlying themes to be the power of humanity so the other gods will be extras although there will be one central sort of badass near the very end but Gaia herself will take care of him.

I guess elements would be directly connected to the world itself, isn't it? I'm not trying to have an argument, but mental powers doesn't have anything to do with the balance of the earth, on the contrary, mental powers are the exact opposite, since they change the world around it. I don't think it would be fair to the other players.

@Raizel You have a point and it is a valid one to some extent. I don't think this an OP power or one particularly unfair. It does conflict with the general 'feel' of the whole 'Earth' vibe I was going for but really at the end of the day everything here is just a story and Jay has been around since the beginning with me and I feel like he sort of deserves this.

It's not a problem Jay. I don't think so anyway. Maybe I'm bias. It's my cross to bear but damn it it's a cross I will bear to the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back