• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom reawakening: calamity

Keenan

“So this is it I guess.” Keenan said, looking up at the chief's manor. Now that they were far enough away from the market it was much quieter, the sounds of people trading wares a dull rumble in the distance as a spring bubbled nearby and wind chimes danced in the breeze. He imagined it to be a peaceful area for those living in the village though for the likes of him it was anything but. Despite their relaxed positions the guards blocking the manor steps were already eyeing him wearily, a flash of steel peeking out from the elaborate scabbards at their hips.

“Good afternoon gentlemen.” The ex yiga smiled, forcing his body to appear more relaxed. There seemed to be a certain shift in the air, something more alarming, before a familiar girl peeked around from behind Keenan. Clearing her throat, she gave both of them a curious glance, “he said good afternoon, didn’t he?” The Sheikah guards seemed to perk up at her presence, giving a small bow, “yes, good afternoon Atara.” She pursed her lips, seemingly displeased by their lack of acknowledgment towards him.

A few tense seconds passed before she finally spoke again, “uh, very well then, we should probably get-“ one of the guardsmen cut her off, still eyeing Keenan, “and who is this?”

“My name is Keenan.” He paused, recalling the words he’d gone over and over in his head as he made his way to Kakariko village. “I’ve traveled a great distance from the desert to ask for your chief’s mercy…or to exchange words at least. I, a former citizen of the Yiga clan, am willing to leave my fate up to your elders.”

Inwardly wincing, he slowly detached the katana in its scabbard from his back, lying it flat in his palms. “Here is my blade, as proof of my claim. My kunai are in the bag on my hip.”

It seemed as soon as he said ‘Yiga,’ all bets were off. While Atara was making a face that looked something like, ‘are you actually crazy?’ The guards were drawing their weapons, even as he discarded his. It didn’t take her a second before she was in front of him, her own weapon drawn. “He saved me,” she blurted out, “and he’s here to speak with Impa; to atone.” There was a dangerous look in her eyes, “I recommend you two act accordingly.”

Keenan’s eyes widened slightly. Why was she sticking her neck out for him? He wasn’t worth getting in a scrabble for.

The guardsmen glared, yet, not wanting to fight with Atara, withdrew their own weapons. “Get something to restrain him with,” one of them muttered, the other doing as told. It was enough to make Atara back down, knowing that at least they wouldn’t hurt him. Bringing out a sturdy, short rope, the guard walked to the back of Keenan. Wrapping the rope around and tying it so his hands were restrained behind his back.

He grunted in surprise. Although he couldn’t feel any pain he suspected that the rope would leave marks. He glanced over at the girl, sending her what he hoped was a reassuring look. Anything but reassured, Atara made a move to step forward, assuming they wouldn’t keep her from being there. However, much to her dismay, one of the guards raised their hand, “you can’t come in, Impas orders.” She wanted to inquire how Impa ordered something without knowing what was going on, but decided against it.

With the order in place, the guards pushed Keenan up the stairs and inside.

One of them shoved him to the floor on his knees. The man leaned down to the ex-Yiga’s ear, his voice low as he uttered, “Try anything funny and you’ll regret it, yiga scum.”

“I wouldn’t even dream of it, my good man.” Keenan whispered with gritted teeth. The Sheikah growled in response but otherwise did nothing. This was turning into a lovely day.

His eyes adjusting to the dark room he took stock of his surroundings. Paintings, symbols, and weapons adorned each wall, candles lighting the room from their tables. Stairs showed the way to a unknown upper story, dark and yet somehow inviting. Bedrooms perhaps? Had he not been inside to beg for his life, the room would seem almost cozy.

As it was his eyes zeroed in on the only other person in the room. He couldn’t see her face but the small woman was definitely Impa.

Curious crimson eyes locked onto the boy, she was certain of his origin the second he stepped inside. Observant, some might call her, she would blame her many years of wisdom. “What have you come here for?”

Keenan blinked slowly, surprised at the question. He detected no malice, just pure curiosity. Age may have did a number on her but those eyes seemed as sharp as ever. It took him a moment to find his words.

Taking a deep breath he replied, “To ask for mercy I suppose. Or a quick death if you prefer, I’m not picky. Ganon knows I shouldn’t be hearing mysterious messages in my head.” He honestly felt more exhausted than anything. “Assuming I haven’t gone mad, I think your goddess sent me a message saying I should come here by mistake. Or not, maybe this is her plan to deal with a persistent thorn in her side.” He shrugged.

He wasn’t begging for his life, Impa wasn’t sure if it intrigued or surprised her. What did catch her attention was the voice, he was one of the ones Atara was looking for. The Goddess had chosen him to go on this journey, to make things right. “Hylia doesn’t make mistakes,” she corrected. She rested the palm of her hand on her cheek, “so, have you come to me to seek forgiveness?” She understood, more than a great many, however, seeking acceptance from her felt unusual.

Forgiveness she said. He had to hold back a chuckle. “If you can call it that. Besides the fact I’m an enemy, I’m also carrying a burden more trouble than it’s worth.” He smiled humorlessly. “Something that your wayward hero was destined to take care of. The scar on my chest will serve as proof. And the blackened blood flowing through my veins will too.”

She waved her hand in dismissal, “I wouldn’t think you would need to prove yourself to me.” She seemed to pause for a second, giving some thought to the issue at hand. “Are you hoping to change?” He had spent many years with the Yiga, learning from them, his motives were his own now. She didn’t sense an ounce of ill-intent within this young man. He was here kneeling in front of her, for better or for worse, not knowing where this path may lead him. That meant something.

Not to mention, the Goddess herself believed in his redemption.

Keenan wasn’t sure whether she had gone senile, or was just too kind for her own good. “Change?” He shook his head. “Your Grace, with all due respect I don’t think that’s possible. How can I be when I’m destined to be Ganon’s puppet? I am becoming a manifestation of his malice.” He paused, before finally adding, “While I would rather not kick the bucket yet, I believe the best course of action for you and the rest of Hyrule would be to make me disappear forever.”

A light smile dusted across the older womans features, “but you already have changed, Azrael, you are no longer the same man you once were when you were with the Yiga clan.” Shifting her position, she reached for a trinket located on the ground beside her. “As for your situation, the malice, I think this would be of some use.” She reached a shaky hand out to him, extending her palm so it was flat and he could grab the item.

With a nod of her head, the guards quickly moved to unfasten the ropes currently binding his hands behind his back.

The tricket now in his hands, Keenan looked at the older woman in pure bemusement. Words failed him, all he could do is sit there with wide eyes and an open mouth. Minutes seemed to pass by. Finally his shoulders slagged. “I don’t understand this at all.” Lowering his voice further, his next words came nearly as a mere whisper. “You might regret this, but…thank you, Lady Impa.”

There was a light to her eyes, fondness, perhaps. “Please, take care of it. It will neutralize your malice, at least for some time. Now, I believe you have a journey you are supposed to be going on, as the Goddess herself decided.”

Two days having passed, the amulet seemed to have grown heavier as it lay against his chest, just like the doubt in his mind. While Impa’s words had made him feel slightly less pessimistic–dare he say hopeful–the fact of the matter was that she was making quite a gamble. Despite having left his clan, it didn’t change the fact he was still Yiga, an assassin whose hands were permanently coated in the blood of his victims who might pose a threat to the Dark Lord’s return. It didn’t change the fact he himself was a ticking time bomb either. For all he knew he could snap at any moment, with or without the ward’s protection, or worse, Atara could decide to reveal his identity to the rest of the group and put another target on his back. While he suspected that to not be in the girl’s nature there was always a chance she could surprise him. There was also a chance one of his newfound allies could be a Yiga in disguise.

Hell, what if this whole journey ended in failure?

Keenan sighed, nibbling on the pepper in his hand. There were too many unknown variables for his liking and he could do nothing about them. How annoying.

Sitting on the limb of a large tree, it was at that moment voices caught his attention. He looked down to see Grima, Adagio, and Atara conversing with one another, something about scouting out the area.

Looks like they were as restless as he was. He pursed his lips, then jumped down silently to the ground. Clearing his throat he asked, “Sorry to intrude but if you’re going to go look around, may I join you? I can’t sleep and a little walk might do me some good.”

endersheart endersheart Takumi98 Takumi98 Naburius Naburius

Atara rubbed the middle of her forehead in a soothing manner. Adagio’s optimism could easily remedy B’s pessimism, but the back and forth was giving her the start of a migraine. Crossing her arms, her features softened when Grima spoke up. Emerald eyes fixated on the aforementioned girl, who was curled up in a ball asleep. She gave a soft hum, “we’ll be back shortly.”

It was meant to be reassuring, though she was sure Grima knew the girl didn’t need to worry. No, not at all, she hoped she’d stay asleep while they were away. Uriah needed as much sleep as she could possibly get.

Before she could speak up again to say it was time to go, another voice spoke first. This time her eyes met a familiar red. It seemed her luck got better and better. He couldn’t sleep, if Atara hadn’t spent a lot of her time observing she might have thought this was a one time thing. Nerves from the new journey, anxiety. Instead, it seemed Keenan never slept. Of course, she’d have to have a lot more to prove that than two days.

“Mmm, the more the merrier,” was her only response. Sliding her sword off the grass, she sheathed it. “Come and, Adagio, get the sword, won’t you?” She surely wasn’t holding B, if the oncoming pain pulsing through her head wasn’t enough to tell her going with this group was means for a long walk, she wasn’t sure what was.

She gave a final, friendly, wave to Grima, before setting off. Uriah was blessed. She had thought that from the start after seeing the two together. He might have not been her biological father, but from the looks of it, he fit that spot better than anyone else could. It was normal to feel some sort of envy, wasn’t it?

Her eyebrows furrowed, conflict growing clear on her expression, until finally it dispersed completely and she took on a more neutral look. It didn’t matter, Uriah was a kid, she deserved happiness. Lots of it.

Taking notice of Keenan’s approach Adagio readily agreed with Atara as he waved him over. They hadn’t spoken much in their travels so far but Adagio was welcome to changing that. All of his new companions seem to have rather fascinating histories tied to this land after all. “We’d be happy to have you. Certainly can’t hurt to have more company.”

Seeing as Atara was offering for him to take B-206 he happily complied. She fascinated him to no end after all. “Gladly! I’ll take the utmost care.”

Nodding to Grima in thanks he walked over and took B-206’s physical form from his hands. He had not often handled metal and the sword was cold in his grip, much unlike the weapons he normally handled. Placing her at his side he then turned to the spirit housed in said sword “It would seem you’re with me for now, let me know if I’m jostling you too much.”

With their party seemingly set it seemed about time they made their way out of the camp. His mask allowed him to see fine in the dark but he imagined not all of his party members held such an ability and so stepping by the fire he grabbed a piece of wood from it, burning at the end and walked away from the camp torch in hand. As little help as the light provided him it did make him feel like more of an adventurer and so he found himself growing giddier for the mini expedition ahead. “We won’t be long. Back before you can even say Bokoblin.”

Aisha still did not know what to think. Even several days after their chat with Impa, and getting at least a basic explanation of what was going on, the Twili in disguise did not know how she felt about any of this. Heroes and destiny and such were not concepts the Twili put much stock in, even the more optimistic of her race did not see those ideas in a good light. Even less when related to people like her, who tended to get themselves into trouble. Actually, the more Aisha thought about it, the less her involvement in any of this made sense. She’s dabbled in forbidden magic, magic that saw her people cast from this land, why would she be involved in saving it.

Beyond just the useless introspection, she found traveling with a large group to be uncomfortable all by itself. Normally traveling she could let her disguise slip a bit, but with a group, she had to make sure that it remained perfect at all times. Slipping up, and letting someone see would only end badly, given that her appearance looked far to much like someone who’d be working for forces of evil than not. And she’d rather not take that risk, given that she already kept her appearance a secret.

The rest of the group made a motley bunch, some truly fascinating characters, but also some confusing ones. They were interesting enough Aisha wasn’t about to just up and run away, but that made keeping her disguise active tricky. And, as she roused herself, they seemed to be making a racket about going out scouting. That was a good idea, and for a while, Aisha weighed the value of joining them. From what she could tell none of them were really scouts, or used to that sort of thing, so going along would help ,but she also desperately wanted some peace and quiet where she could let her mask drop.

Getting up, and grabbing her bow, Aisha made her way toward the group. “Which way are you planning to go?”

Keenan

Perhaps it was the unease of being around so many strangers, or just the journey itself, but Atara seemed to tense up even further, rubbing the center of her forehead again. Her green eyes narrowed slightly, voice somewhat distant as she accepted his invitation before turning to collect her weapon. Compared to her chilling reception Adagio was very much the opposite, almost vibrating in excitement as he welcomed the Yiga with open arms.

Keenan merely nodded in thanks. For a guy starting on a dangerous journey, the warrior seemed awfully chipper, almost uncomfortably so. Adagio reminded him too much of the greenhorns back at the Yiga hideout, grinning in anticipation of beginning their first missions. After days of traveling and completing their assignments, they’d often return with haunted faces, the harsh reality of what they had just done finally hitting home. Keenan couldn’t help but wonder how long it’d be before he saw the same look in the other man’s eyes.

The three had not yet left the perimeter of the camp when another voice spoke up. It was Aisha, bow in hand.

“Which way are you planning to go?”

Seemed like everyone was restless. Inwardly sighing at how large the group was becoming, Keenan gestured to the path ahead. “Trilby Valley. It’s probably the quickest route to the river and then the domain. We best make sure it isn’t too overrun with monsters.”

Roughly an hour had past as the group made small talk, Keenan occasionally putting his two cents in as the landscape slowly turned from greenery to rock. Enough time had passed that he had started on his second pepper.

A faint, yet audible poof of smoke suddenly hit the air. A warp spell? Now? He tensed, raising his hand to hush the group. It seemed to take forever before they arrived at the source and when they did he almost sighed in relief. Despite the lingering trace of magic there was no Sheikah or Yiga to be seen, the clearing otherwise empty except…for a very confused looking gerudo girl? That didn’t make any sense.

Trying to relax, Keenan cleared his throat, hoping he wouldn’t scare her. He slowly walked a few steps further, raising his hands out to show he was unarmed. “Uh, hey kiddo…watcha doing here? You seem a little lost.”

endersheart endersheart Soulmuse Soulmuse Hopos Hopos Naburius Naburius

B-206 really didn't think much of the mask wearing boy, he seemed like what people of her time would have called a savage. Well the term savage would apply to just about everyone that lived now. So letting herself be used by the masked savage really didn't both B-206 that much, though if it did bug here there wasn't anything she could do. The scouting party it seemed was turning into everyone but the kid going in and leaving her dad to babysit her while she slept. Well it keep Uriah safe and some tiny part of B-206 took comfort in that, but a much greater part hated that the child was being so protected.

B-206 had little to say to the others her form just floating after them as she was carried around. Really what was there for her to do, she was a sword unable to act in the physical world without someone else. Well she might be able to move through objects as she had noticed she could see even when covered. She didn't plan to tell anoyone about this as well they didn't need to know if they did they might find her helpful and not try to break her. Well some part of her didn't want to be broken as that would hurt her little owner and something in B-206 did not like that idea.

As the group came to the gerudo girl B-206 remained invisible and unheard to the girl, no need involving others that weren't in the group in knowing of her existence. " Well great a thief has shown up, really i am surprised you guys let them live, given what they did" B-206 said remembering ganondorf the gerudo that had become the calamity that had caused the shadow folk to seek to replicate the master sword. Really B-206 could not think of anything good that came for the desert dwelling scoundrels.

It was green. Varying shades of green, going on and on for miles. She nudged her foot against it, relishing the soft contrast to the rough sand. Grass, she knew it was grass, but having been in the desert for her entirety of living; she had actually never seen or felt it. Rocks layered the edges around her, similar in structure, yet different in color from those in Gerudo. Where was she?

Somehow, she still couldn’t make sense of it. Where was Saran? She assumed he was still with the Yiga. Those evil, conniving disgraces of the Gerudo desert. She just didn’t understand where they had taken him. She needed to get up, to find out, but forcing her legs to work felt like lifting a boulder.

Suddenly, a voice called out and emerald orbs snapped in the direction of the noise. There was a group of four, none Gerudan. Reaching beside her, her fingertips grasped the edges of the grass. She swung her hand upward and the grass sprouted towards him in a sharp edge, aimed at his throat, “don’t come near me.” It was defensive, protective of herself after the earlier events.

He looked like them, why was that? “Are you with the Yiga too? Where’s my brother?”

“Brother?”
This voice was different, feminine, “you said brother?” Nessa glared, eyes shifting between Atara, who had spoken, and Keenan, before responding herself, “so what? Why is everyone so interested that he’s a boy, he’s not that entity you all have such hatred towards, he’s Saran.”

Atara seemed to go back and forth in her head, something shifting on her features. “The Yiga took your male brother, why am I not surprised?” Finally coming to a conclusion, she nodded to herself. The first Gerudo male to ever be born the same time as Ganon, to not be him. The reality of the words felt surreal. There could be a million things the Yiga might want him for.

At B’s words, Atara gave her first response to the sword, “you have no idea what their people went through.” She didn’t care that the sword hated her kind, but to even mention harming a child disturbed her. She shouldn’t be surprised.

Taking a step forward, Atara reached her hand out, “we’ll take you back to camp, from there we can look for your brother.” The little girl looked her up and down, “and why would I trust you?” After getting kidnapped, tossed out here, and left, why would she trust anyone? Even if this lady had familiar green eyes.

“Dunno, but really, why should we trust you?” The Sheikah’s response was nonchalant. Nessa’s eyes narrowed, a faint blush dusting across her cheeks as she turned her head to the side, the grass-like-blade finally disappearing back into the earth. “Well, I can’t seem to stand, whatever they shoved over my face sort of.. made everything fuzzy.”

“We can help with that.”

Last edited:
While Adagio had certainly found wonder from a lot of the world he’d seen so far now wasn’t exactly the time to be relaxing and taking in the sights. So while he kept up the conversation as they walked he also continuously looked around them. It reminded him of scouting the perimeter of his tribe’s village for monster sightings, something familiar amidst the unknown.

Given he’d kept his attention up he was immediately ready when he heard the puff of smoke. While seeing it was a child put him at ease he kept ready to draw his spear if need be. Still he was with Atara on this one, he didn’t know the girl but it’s not like she’d stolen anything she’d only just appeared.

“B I don’t really think you need to be that harsh on the girl.”

It didn’t even occur to him how strange it might seem that they were possibly talking to nobody from her point of view. But hearing the wariness in the girl’s voice it was clear there was nothing to fear from her. If anything it seemed like she was more scared of them. It made a lot of sense when he heard she’d lost her brother, apparently to another party.

It broke his heart to hear as much, it was tough being separated from family. All he could think to do at the moment was cheer her up however he could. Crouching down where he was he held one of his braids and responded to her.

“You’re not Zonai correct? I think you’re the first person I’ve met out here who also has red hair. I might even pass for your brother.” He chuckled at his own perhaps ill timed joke. “Obviously I can’t make up for the one you have but I know how rough it is being apart from your family, so my friends and I would be more than happy to help you find him.”

He’d need the owl’s wisdom to see so he would have to go without the boar’s power for now. Still he was plenty strong enough on his own to help a young girl walk back to the camp and so he held out his hand to help her up. The best option seemed like helping her walk rather than carrying given they were strangers to her.

Aisha frowned, going over the map in her mind. Trilby Valley was probably the best route to take unless they wanted to start experimenting with cliff diving, or someone knew about a back road into the Zora domain that slipped under the radar. Of course, being the obvious route, it meant there was likely to be trouble, which Aisha considered less than ideal.

“Monsters are going to be trouble.” Aisha murmured. “I don’t think there are as many in Trilby as there are going up the River, but last rumors amongst the hunters said there were monsters running about that area.” That left them with all kinds of problems, including the fact most of the rest of the group was not experienced at scouting or sneaking that Aisha could see. That could be trouble all by itself, but in a group, Aisha felt confident they'd be alright.

“If all of you want to check the road, I’ll check to the north.” Aisha offered, fingers flexing over the grip on her bow. “I’d say I could try and hunt for food, but with the weather in the Zora domain I’m not sure how much we’d be able to find here.” She trailed off, realizing that she was starting to ramble.

endersheart endersheart Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Hopos Hopos Naburius Naburius

B-206 baulked at the idea of the Gerudo suffering. How could people forgive what they had caused? Their king had destroyed everything and they had willingly followed him into damnation. They was at least what B-206 knew from her tome living in that time period, but none of it was truly first hand. Before the war the Gerudo had been a pest stealing, killing,and abducting people bit not a true threat. That had changed with their king and his malice and demons.

B-206 had no real reason to doubt what she knew the world was proof of their wrong doings and she didn't know why any were still alive, the shadow folk at least made themselves useful to those in power to hide their sins. Atara defending one of those that had sent the world to its doom was beyond her. Well she was one of the shadow folk so she likely had some plan to use the child. Still B-206 could not just say nothing.

"Really what they went through, oh yes they sure suffered when they killed women and children to steal men, I am sure it them just so much to take what was never theirs." B-206 said sarcastically no where near aware that the gerudo had changed knowing only their violent past. " Do you think when Gannon summoned demons to help him they screwed? They cheered as the world burned" B-206 continued anger lying "and that she even has a brother shows they have learned nothing"

B-206 wasn't going to forgive the gerudo any time soon. She only knew the old stories the ways they had been desert bandits, thrives and murderes. "Given what the shiekah do to kids, well what most do her brother is likely already dead" B-206 shrugged she had been told what a yiga was but to her that was just a shiekah being honest "Or maybe they just tore him apart and put him in something?"

Keenan
If Keenan got a rupee for every person who aimed very sharp objects at his throat, he’d be a millionaire. As it was, the unknown gerudo girl had managed to catch him by surprise and inwardly he was chastising himself for even lowering his guard for a moment. The girl’s emerald eyes looked at him with scorn, each word dropping from her lips threatening to burn him to a crisp as she scooted back a few inches. It was a reaction he’d gotten used to over the years, only this was the only time he could ever remember a child doing it. For some reason, it actually bothered the ex-Yiga, but not as much as what she said next.

Her brother, the only male gerudo to survive beyond the crib in perhaps hundreds of years, was missing. He had been kidnapped by Keenan’s estranged brethren and was likely suffering for a destiny he never asked for. It was a story as old as the land of Hyrule itself, only a male born to the Gerudo tribe could take on the mantle of Ganon. At least that’s what the ex-Yiga had believed until the elders designated him as the Dark Lord’s host. He had been the exception to the rule that he must be of Gerudo blood, but now that there was a possibility that the perfect child had come around, it left more questions than answers.

Lost in his thoughts, Keenan was only to catch snippets of Atara and B speaking. Both the shiekah and Adagio had walked a few steps closer, seeming to get through to the girl as she retracted her weapon from his throat. He knew he should say something, apologize and somehow explain to the girl that he wasn’t responsible for Saran missing.

“I know mere words alone wont suffice, but I’m truly sorry for what happened to your brother.” He said quietly, putting a hand over his heart. “However, I must tell you that I had nothing to do with him being kidnapped. I know I may look like one, but I’m not a Yiga or Sheikah.” That wasn’t a lie, not exactly. Telling her that he used to be one wouldn’t make the situation better so it was best to keep quiet for the time being. “I’m just a traveler on a journey with these fellow saps.” Gesturing to the other group members, he winked for a moment before growing serious again. “Like the others have said, I’d like to aid in the search for Saran, if you’ll allow it. My name is Keenan, mind telling me yours?”

It turned out he wasn’t the only one to be lost in his thoughts as Aisha took that moment to speak up about what to do next. Her advice was mostly sound, minus the little mess they all found themselves in. He cleared his throat, slightly poking her with his elbow. “Anyway, our experienced cloud chaser here has a good point. We’re not done with our scouting mission yet. I think before we think about food we showed try to look for our new friend’s brother first. What does everyone else think?”

B apparently didn’t think much of the whole deal, instead insulting the new girl with accusations of her own.

Keenan didn’t know all about the history the blade had with the gerudo but at the moment he really didn’t care. “Hey B, would you mind reading the room for a second? Whatever beef you may have with her people you have no right to insult her or her brother by merely existing. You also shouldn’t speak of the Sheikah as murderers.” He replied, keeping his tone as amicable as possible. “Now is not the time.”

endersheart endersheart Soulmuse Soulmuse Karcen Karcen Naburius Naburius

Nessa tilted her head quizzically at the stranger, Zonai? She had never heard of such a thing. Since she never left Gerudo, she could only hope it was to be expected. Still, having a lack of knowledge bothered her. Pursing her lips, she shook her head, “I’m from Gerudo, the desert- Gerudo desert?” She could only hope he had been there or had an idea about what she was talking about.

Reaching her hand out, she slowly placed it in his and with his help managed to get most of the way up. At the end, her legs failed her and she wobbled, causing her to slip. She reached up in time to grab his arm for support, whispering a quick, “sorry,” before steadying herself and standing up fully.

The joke towards passing as Saran did little to bother her, actually, it gave her some form of comfort. She took it as him trying to be nice, even if it was poorly timed. For her first time meeting people like this, outside of Gerudo, they seemed to be good and she doubted they had ill intentions. It was strange, given her circumstances. They even intended to help her look for Saran.

When Keenan apologized, completely sincere, Nessa watched him for a moment. Not Sheikah or Yiga, it was something that she couldn’t quite understand. A traveler, that made sense, but where was he from? Nevertheless, she simply nodded at his question, “yes, of course, my name.. it’s Nessa.”

Atara seemed to be in her thoughts. Eyebrows scrunched and something akin to deep concentration set across her features. Adagio had gotten a good grasp on the situation with the girl, so she didn’t see her input being needed. However, Aisha and Keenan had a point, they never finished their scouting.

Letting out a breath, she nodded, “we can split? Two to take her back to camp, two to finish scouting? Hopefully with some signs of where her brother was taken.” Letting her hand fall back to her side, from where her finger had been against her cheek, she decided, this time, she’d entertain B.

“The Gerudo went through multiple things, but most importantly; disgust from others, like you, due to Ganon’s actions and.. at the end of the day.. for what? Gerudo is locked to all men, no voe can enter, because of the misdeeds of Ganon. They sacrificed their name for a man who did nothing for them. In fact, they themselves were so disturbed by his actions they made that rule. Their hatred for men is not only justified, but completely understandable. Your statement is simply unfactual.”

Nessa, who still couldn’t hear B, looked on in confusion at all of the talk she didn’t understand. “Am I missing something?” Between Adagio, Atara, and even Keenan, she was certain she was.

Zonia there was a word B-206 only vaguely remembered, but her time had been more interested in the past and more educated than that of today or even 100 years ago. The Zonai were another people, a mask fixated people that had left behind ruins and vanished. B-206 had not known truly what to make of Adagio as he was tanned like a gerudo, but no one marked him out as one and he lacked their red hair. He did wear masks a lot could he be someone that poached the supposed look of the lost people? Well it didn't really matter some lost people emerging from the mists of time was not exactly unheard of. B-206 glared at Atara who seemed dead set on defending the Gerudo and B-206 could not get it, well she told herself she couldn't. There had been Gerudo among the stolen children and they had just been children. Still they had stopped being Gerudo when forced through the forges of the shadow fold. B-206 could not remember many things about the past yet she remembered well who she was meant to hate. This made B-206 try to remember her personal life, not education, not history, but her life and she found a void. Not even the faces of her parents, or her own face remained worn away by time. B-206 pushed away this unease and hid it away deep where she would forget it, she didn't want to remember that she had forgotten.

" You forget you aren't talking to a person" B-206 said her form floating behind the little Gerudo girl. " I am a blade made in imitation of the divine, created to to shed the blood of those the Shiekah deemed the enemy" blaming the shadow folk for everything was as always her go to, perhaps what they had done had altered her some, but she remembered being taught this, thinking this and yet her hate towards the desert dwellers felt hollow, forced, as if she had to make it up. " All blades know only what their makers tell them, and believe what their makers believe".

It might be some deflection, but B-206 was not apologizing or saying she was wrong. B-206 would not admit such a thing, but she did see the Gerudo had done some stuff after their lord had been sealed away. B-206 had been sealed away before she could learn that, still she couldn't let go of her anger. That was what B-206 had that was her own, her anger, her hate, she had any chance at a life stolen away so all she had was feelings. She didn't want to forgive, if she did then all the others had died for nothing. Given the group wasn't going to be getting rid of this girl B-206 only assumed they would be taking her in so she might as well show up.

" You are missing quite a lot " B-206 said making herself seen and heard to the girl, though she was still behind her. B-206 floated through the girl swiftly just to spook her " As it seems i am, but being locked away for 10 thousand years will do that " she said nonchalantly " I guess the Shiekah do still like kidnapping Gerudo kids, they did it in my day and they do it now" B-206 half joked, though only she would find it funny as she continued to see the Yiga as the shiekah. Another left over from ages past, but how could she just pretend the modern who pretended they were all good and noble and pure were not like their cousins and just hid it well?

“There’s no need to be sorry, that’s what I’m here for. Gerudo Desert huh? Is it as hot as I’ve heard?”

It was difficult not to berate B-206 for her cruelness towards a child. Fortunately Atara did it for him, though apparently it wasn’t enough to correct her altogether. Given her attitude he wouldn’t really expect it to honestly. While he knew a bit of the history of the other people of Hyrule through stories he knew even less about how they fared now. With that being the case all he could do was offer a few words of his own.

“B, come on now. It’s unfair to place the cruelty of a people upon an individual, and it’s especially unfair to push the misdeeds of those who call themselves Gods onto anyone else. They took those upon themselves when they had the gall to take up such mantles.” There was bitterness in his voice in the second half of his statement but it quickly passed.

He at least appreciated Keenan’s understanding. It wasn’t easy to keep your cool when unknown magic was held at your throat. Though maybe controlling plants was a more common magic out here. While many of the people of his village were magically inclined it was all very specialized. Personally it was intriguing seeing unfamiliar magic.

“Splitting up seems like a good idea, I’ll head back with our new friend Nessa and anyone else who’d like to come. What about you B?”

With the size of their scouting party and the addition of an exhausted member in need of a meal splitting up did seem like the best course of option. He was already helping Nessa so he didn’t mind accompanying her back to the camp and with their numbers they’d be fine without him. While he was starting to feel B could use the company of Uriah to keep her cooled off it was her decision whether she pressed on.

Last edited:
Keenan’s playful jab made Aisha flush, as her attention returned to her surroundings. Releasing a small, embarrassed ‘eep’ at the realization of just how much she’d missed, Aisha nodded. “Searching for a missing person is important.” B’s sudden explosion of vitriol made her frown, but Aisha didn’t join in the recriminations. While she didn’t share B’s deep seated hatred, some part of her retained some ancestral wariness of the Sheikah, even as spending so long in Kakariko. Thus, getting involved didn’t feel quite right.

“I’d prefer to stay and scout.” Aisha admitted. She still wanted her personal peace and quiet, and, to be fair, Aisha suspected that she was one of the more experienced members with this sort of thing, so it made sense for her to stay out and keep looking. “I’ll take the north side of the road, if whoever else is coming doesn’t mind.”

Her eyes turned to Nessa, still pointedly ignoring B's...well everything. “Where is the last time you saw your brother? We can at least keep an eye out for him while checking for anything dangerous on the road.”

• Zada didn't sleep while at the stable. How could they if the moment anyone found out they were a Yiga, Zada could have a blade in their throat?

At least, Mother always made it sound like that was the go to response from outsiders. Doesn't matter a Yiga's age.

So, Zada didn't sleep. They pretended to at one point, and the target they picked for the night, a woman with a pretty pendant holding a single piece of sapphire on the face of it, didn't stir when Zada got to work on taking the pendant.

Zada's heart was pulsing in their ears as they carefully hid the pendant away and laid back down as if they hadn't just silently slipped out of bed and stole something.

Other guests were sleeping and the stablehands hadn't glanced over to the guests at all as the girl (Zada never bothered remembering the names of those who worked at the stable) made sure the animals were settled and whatnot while the man at the counter kept an eye out for anymore guests coming to turn in for the night before braving the desert. That was fine with Zada, was more than preferred really.

In the end, Zada had returned to the hideout just as the sun perked out from the horizon and almost immediately was scolded by an older Yiga member. Zada couldn't help but feel bad about the news they were told; a few of their foot soldiers, slaughtered by a couple of children no older than them and they weren't there to help? They had every right to feel ashamed.

Zada didn't say anything about the fact that, with the Yiga's numbers, the two kids shouldn't have been a problem.

After being scolded like a five year old, they simply asked to speak with Kohga about something important. It turned out, however that Kohga was busy preparing a ritual for one of the children captured. This piqued their interest greatly, curious about the need of a ritual for a snot nosed brat.

It turned out that said snot-nosed brat was Ganon's successor. Zada made sure to pray to Ganon for forgiveness for their rudeness. That didn't stop Zada from making time to inform Kohga about the odd dream they had as the final preparations to the ritual were underway. They may have left one or two small things out deemed unimportant however.

When the ritual was finally underway, Zada found themself in the back, peeking around taller bodies in an attempt to see better. The longer it went on, the louder those around them grew, and even Zada felt as if their ears were ringing from the cries of the clan. Those cries of joy and zeal were quickly turned to one's of anger and confusion, as an intruder had suddenly appeared amongst them.

Despite the pounding headache, Zada reached for their swords as many moved to try and protect the newly named Prince of Power. The ritual was still going, and needed to be complete. At least, Zada wasn't sure how far the ritual was fromcompletion but would take the order to protect Ganon's heir to heart.

Their own heart was pounding loudly in time with their growing headache as they realized this was their first time fighting an enemy that was human, as the closest they got outside of sparring was when their mother took them above the hideout with a talisman to fight some of the wolves that roamed up there. Zada had almost lost a leg then, and now they may just lose their life–

Zada wheezed as one of their clansmen was thrown into them, knocking the wind from their lungs as they hit the ground with a harsh thud.

Disoriented, Zada was grabbed by the arm and dragged back to their feet after an unknown amount of time, realizing quickly that despite their numbers the Yiga felt the sting of defeat.

Though, even as the Prince of Power was taken not all hope was lost.

"He's still out there, and with the information you've given us there's a special task you must do."

Master Kohga's words played in their head. As those words eventually gave them a mission and a goal. They couldn't help the excitement they felt at leaving the hideout and seeing the world.

It wasn't necessarily a dream of their's, but it was something they had previously thought unattainable until now.

The main mission seemed simple enough. The first problem that occurred however, was that Zada…didn't know how to properly read a map, even if it was marked for them. Names of locations and whatnot meant very little for someone that never left farther than the Gerudo Canyon Stable.

The second problem, they didn't even know how long it'd take to get from point A to point B. Neither how far they had to travel, if they had to ask about an odd group or who to ask about said odd group. They assumed that whoever took the Prince of Power was part of a group, at least.

The thought that it could be one person who had the strength and ability to take the Prince of Power without assistance while against the numbers of the clan made Zada shudder.

Zada wasn't sure how much time had passed since the Prince of Power was taken, other than give or take a few hours at most, but they were sure that the Prince wasn't taken far in that time, right?

Scowling, Zada looked over their travel gear, then paused at their spell tags. On one hand, they could take them and use them at risk of their health and safety, as using the spell tags usually led to nausea for Zada much to their annoyance. On the other, they could only use a spell tag to get to the stable and lessen their journey to some degree, like some form of way point.

It was a tempting idea, and one that Zada was beginning to lean towards as they double checked their food rations (making sure to scowl extra hard at the bananas one of their fellow Yiga gave them), as well as the cloth and clothing they had on hand normally for disguises that would be used as extra travel wear (or in a pinch, bandages). Hidden under the clothing and wrapped tight was an extra dagger and a few throwing knives. Despite all this they packed light.

"When a Yiga travels under a guise, it's best to pack light enough that you can get the drop and unsuspecting enemies but heavy enough that you have what you think is essential."

That's what they were told anyway. Zada just never thought that they'd leave the hideout, at least without their mother to accompany them.

Taking some of their spell tags and placing them between some of the clothes, they sighed.

"I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be." They grumbled under their breath and swallowed down their nerves.

Interactions: Open
    Mentions: Saran

Keenan
If B had heard him speak at all she should no indication of it, instead projecting a girlish figure to float behind Nessa like some vengeful ghost. Was that B's true self, he wondered. Hurt, anger, resentment, feelings that Keenan was all too aware of resonated in her tone and for just a brief moment he felt a twinge of sympathy. If what she was saying was true her reaction towards the Gerudo and Sheikah made sense, but her hostility towards a literal child was unwarranted. It was like a dam had broken loose within B, engulfing anything and everything without mercy beneath stormy waves that had been building for years.

Nonetheless her lashing out was getting old fast despite him having only known her for a few days. He’d be glad to get away from her for a while. “Ya know, for all your talk about calling the Gerudo and Shiekah savages, you sure aren’t acting much better than them at the moment, B. You can’t compare the people of the past to those of the present either.” He quipped, picking an apple off a nearby tree and tossing it up and down in his palm. “Might want to do some soul searching, though that’s just my humble opinion.”

Nodding at the Zonai and archer’s words, he then gave Nessa an apologetic smile. “B’s crankiness aside, I think I’ll accompany Aisha and Atara for the time being, that way we can cover a larger area.”

Something told him they’d find Saran very soon however. Keenan’s wound felt like it was almost pulsing, the malice in his veins and gut urging him onwards to the point he was beginning to grow nauseous. Or perhaps it was the memories of his own ceremony coming back with a vengeance. Either way, he almost wanted to flee but that would only cause the others to become suspicious. He had no choice but to confront a fellow victim, a kid who was probably more terrified than he had ever been receiving Ganon’s “blessing”.

Last edited:
sample_2e1c81036e006d8ebc8e138543ac8f66eaf0c6d4.jpg
Demon, there was a word almost forgotten by time, when once it had been the most spoken in the land. This land that had once been the demon's before the advent of the gods. Now it was only a few of the truest of demons ever entered this land. The only ones that entered the land above as they called it were those fools who didn't want to admit the war that had seen their home stolen from them was long over. Onnen however, was not a fool like that she knew that this world was no longer theirs and they had to focus on their own world. The demon realm as other might call it, was dying. The very energy that poisoned the world above was vital to the demon realm, malice. Without it the demon who were endlessly reborn when killed suffered a death eternal just like these races of the world above and the gods should one ever be struck down. The issue was reclaiming the one that was the source of malice, the being that the demons had called their king Demise. Long ago he had lead them to reclaim the world that was theirs, and he had failed first sealed then killed and yet he did not return. The demons had waited for their slain king to return and yet he never had. Wars had broken out and for the longest time death had not been an issue , the war for the throne had been endless and now with the demons dying off Demise needed to return. If he would not return through rebirth , then someone had to drag him down. Onnen had taken this take upon herself and gone to the world above through secret passages long lost to even the demons.

The land above, however was not what Onnen had expected as she had remembered when she had come with Demise and back then the world had been green and blue, now it was yellow and blue. Had the world died when they left? No that could not be it she must just be somewhere dead that perhaps the malice she felt in the very earth had killed. Malice was everywhere here, it was baked into the ground digging it's claws in like a curse, like the hate Demise held for the gods. Onnen for a moment felt pity , but that quickly vanished as she should not feel for that which was but a shadow. She could tell Demise was not here, his power would have been a beacon for her, a lure she could not fight. Other demons had traveled here and come back slain. They spoke of a man that was demise's shadow a king that might be their king and how every time a warrior of green and a maiden would bring him and them low. Onnen didn't know why this cycle always happened, but perhaps that was just what warriors wore and fought for here?

Onnen would need a guide, as while she could feel malice she could not feel Demise, or well whatever was left of the fool unable to let go of his hate. As Onnen set off to find one such guide out of the scouring sand the light of day faded becoming for her a welcomed night. The world above however, was not at as much peace as she might had thought as skeletal beings began to rise from the ground. They were not much of a challenge as her blade cut through them with ease and her speed made avoiding them simple. Onnen had lived in a world of constant war a place where your enemy always came back stronger, to live you had to stay ahead. So some undead lizards were nothing. The malice that animated them, was a nice bonus as she took it into herself letting the dead rest.

While making her way blindly through the sand Onnen would find a group of the skeletal lizards attacking a person. Onnen had no real love for the people above, but she also had no real hate and needed a guide. This person she decided would be her guide to the world above. They would know more of this world above than she. Calling upon the power of malice she formed a huge claw of the dark energy and easily dispatched the undead harassing the child.

" Are you alright child?" She asked walking towards the child her hand going back to normal

Takumi98 Takumi98

“Gerudo Desert huh? Is it as hot as I’ve heard?”

Nessas answer was prompt, not having to think about it in the slightest, “I don’t think so, but I’m probably used to it by now, I think it’s refreshing! Also, we wear really light clothing there,” she paused to point at her own, which was a traditional, feminine, Gerudo set in light pink, “I think it’s pretty cold here, is it this temperature everywhere outside of Gerudo?” It was possible Adagio didn’t have that knowledge or hadn’t traveled much more than her, yet her curiosity got the better of her. It was exciting to finally see more of the world, even if the circumstances which brought it about could have been less unfortunate. She wished Saran were here.

It was a new voice that switched her attention, explaining to her that she was missing a lot. Which, by the looks of it, she was. As the eerie figure floated through her, her eyes widened, she wasn’t scared, just intrigued. “Woah! What are you? How did you do that?” Instead of realizing B was a projection, that her soul was actually inside of a sword, she thought she was more or less having a conversation with a ghost. At the girls’ statement, she tilted her head peculiarly, “no, not the Sheikah, the Yiga. The ones who worship Ganon.” She assumed pointing out the difference might help B understand the situation.

It seemed the group had decided to split up. Adagio already having agreed to take her back to their camp, while Keenan and the woman, who hadn’t spoken much yet, wanted to keep scouting. It was then the quietest of the group spoke to her about Saran. “Oh, well, to be honest, I probably won’t be much help. The last time I saw him was at the Yiga clan hideout, we were supposed to be..” she looked away, that faint pink from before dusting across her cheeks again, “letting off fireworks, sort of.” She wouldn’t go into all of the details if she could help it, including the full extent of their shenanigans might come to make the group think the same thing she knew: this was her fault.

With everything figured out, Atara decided to speak up, “I’ll go with Adagio, actually, I think with having to help Nessa it’d be bad if he ran into trouble.” She was good at scouting, great even, it came with the years of training. It just didn’t seem ideal to leave Adagio with a, practically defenseless, little girl. One that he had to keep a hold on.

That look of concern came back, this time pointedly towards Keenan. “You know..” she pondered, with the Yiga snatching up children, what they’d do with someone who left the clan. Not knowing how deep his connections ran. Tensing when she noticed where her thoughts were going, she mumbled, “you should be safe, both of you.” There was no way she was troubled about the ex-Yigas’ wellbeing.

B-206 sighed as someone again tried to tell her Yiga and Shiekah were different " Believe me deep down they are the same " She said dead serious not elaborating on why she saw them as such. How could a people that did what they did to her ever be good guys? They blamed all their misdeeds on the Yiga clan, and while some Sheikah were not involved, like those in the group, they were just deceived. B-206 was sure that Impa was in on something shady that she likely secretly worked with the yiga to satisfy whatever dark goals she had. " As for what I am I am B-206 one of many artificial copies of the master sword made by the shiekah. You might think only the yiga meddle in the divine and the damned but they were always doing it even 10,000 years ago" B-206 explained. she didn't really explain why it was so bad, but well she didn't want to talk about it to others. She always had the memories in the back of her mind, but if she never said what she really was they were quieter, they were burred.

" Whatever lets get back to the girl, I am annoyed" B-206 said " To many peopel thinking i care about their opinions" B-206 continued shutting the others out. She would not rethink her hate of the Shiekah, the gerudo she might. Whatever the kid wasn't one from all those years ago and maybe they had changed. That was fine, whatever it would suck if what she had been taught was real anyways. That wasn't her hate, no her hate for the shiekah was the only thing she had. That was something she could never let go of. She would be letting the others down if she did.

"I wouldn't say it's the same everywhere. It's certainly cooler out here than it is where I come from. I'm used to a lot more humidity as well."

His own manner of dress wasn't much better off than hers, made of animal skins and not covering much more than necessary for some humility. A light smile crossed his face as the girl showed similar wonder as he did upon first seeing B-206. Not surprised by the lack of change in B's demeanor upon Nessa's comment he shook his head before continuing.

"We'll be there before you know it B, no pit stops." Truthfully he wanted to head back now as well, it was better not to wait. Still making sure Nessa wasn't too worried was just as important as getting her back and so he kept chatting with her, "That's alright, we've got plenty of people to search here. If we don't find him it'd be a miracle, but we at least know where to look next. You'll have to tell me all about these fireworks while we walk. Maybe somebody back at camp has some more for when we find him."

He was relieved to hear Atara would be coming with them. While he didn't doubt his ability to protect himself or to avoid danger ordinarily, it'd do well to have the extra help to increase security while accompanying a girl who was already shaken up. He nodded in thanks to Atara while the groups got organized to split up. He hoped the others could find her brother but for now his attention was on the Gerudo they had found.

"Thanks for the company, that makes two expert guards and B for moral support. Should be plenty enough to scare off any monsters that might wanna trouble us. Any that do I'll see coming from a mile away. Time to head back then, best of luck to the rest of you."

With one hand resting comfortably on B-206's pommel and the other holding Nessa's in case she were to feel faint again he was all set to head back, and so as soon as Atara was ready he did just that and started marching back, his eyes trained ahead of them and his ears kept alert.

Keenan

“I’ll go with Adagio, actually, I think with having to help Nessa it’d be bad if he ran into trouble.”

Atara’s words surprised him. While making sure Nessa got back to the camp in one piece was certainly important, he had expected Atara to also volunteer for scouting simply to keep an eye on him because of his less than stellar background. No doubt she found the idea of an ex-Yiga going to recover a boy who had been kidnapped by his own clansmen unsettling, yet here she was letting him go just like that. Once again he wasn’t sure whether to be touched by her trusting nature or annoyed by it, the more cynical side of him wondering how she hadn’t been killed yet. Since the moment they met he could tell she had lived a rather sheltered life style, even relaxing in his presence despite obviously being suspicious of his intentions. It reeked of naivete, so much so he had almost forgotten they had just become allies and wanted to chastise her for it.

Keenan knew better than to bring it up though, keeping silent as he watched worry flicker past her face. “You know..” There was a long pause, her green eyes studying his face for something he could not fully understand before she tensed, as if she didn’t like where her thoughts were going. “You should be safe, both of you.”

A soft chuckle rumbled in his throat. This woman was something else. “No need to worry about us, I’m certain we’ll be finnne. Probably. Unless some monsters decide their hungry.” He then turned his gaze to Aisha, a small smile on his lips as he said, “Isn’t that right Cloud Chaser?” Seeing Adagio helping Nessa up made him pause, and just like that he grew more serious again. “We’ll find Saran and return with him safe and sound. My intuition tells me he can’t be too far.” He could sense it, his temple beginning to throb.

Keenan raised an eyebrow at B’s reply. “If you truly didn’t think much of my “opinion” you wouldn’t look more irritated than usual. Same goes for the others.” Well whatever. Maybe something good would come out of it. “Anyway, same to you four, be careful on the way back.” Sharing a knowing look with Aisha, he started walking in the other direction, hands tucked in his cloak. His back now facing the rest of the group, he waved one of his arms in the air and then added, “See you all soon.”

I just hope that kid isn’t too messed up yet, or things could get a lot more difficult.

Last edited:
  • Grima and Uriah

Atara rubbed the middle of her forehead in a soothing manner. Adagio’s optimism could easily remedy B’s pessimism, but the back and forth was giving her the start of a migraine. Crossing her arms, her features softened when Grima spoke up. Emerald eyes fixated on the aforementioned girl, who was curled up in a ball asleep. She gave a soft hum, “we’ll be back shortly.”

It was meant to be reassuring, though she was sure Grima knew the girl didn’t need to worry. No, not at all, she hoped she’d stay asleep while they were away. Uriah needed as much sleep as she could possibly get.

Grima almost felt bad for Atara, as she seemed stressed in some fashion and rightfully so with the weight of the future on all of their shoulders. Her softened look to Uriah and the words that followed assured him that Uriah was in good hands, though he never doubted it with how quickly Uriah seemed to latch on to the Sheikah woman.

Gladly! I’ll take the utmost care.

Of all the ones to take the sword for the time being, Adagio seemed like the best choice, and wordlessly, Grima held B's physical form out for the Zonai to take.

We won’t be long. Back before you can even say Bokoblin.

This earned an amused snort from Grima as well as a nod. He watched as they trekked on out of earshot, before keeping vigilant watch.

That left the two and the horse, who as far as Grima could tell, was asleep as well.

As silent as the night could get out in Hyrule, Grima's thoughts and worries seemed loud as thunder. He wasn't sure how long he sat, keeping watch and gathering his thoughts before his charge shifted and stirred beside him.

At some point she woke up and asked about B, and he answered. They sat in silence for a while, before he decided to speak with Uriah about something he felt she needed to know. It was the only time they've had truly alone since returning to the village days ago, and he knew that sooner or later she'd know of her brother's fate.

He expected crying, which he got, but Uriah's tears were silent other than a few hiccups and snotty sniffles. She cried for what felt like hours but could have been mere minutes before she simply sat beside him, picking at tufts of grass. He had apologized a few times, and she rubbed her snot-covered sleeve on him in response along with a 'I know' before they lapsed into silence again.

He'd let her take as much time as she needed to process her thoughts and grief.

Interactions: --

Mentioned: Atara ( endersheart endersheart ), B ( Karcen Karcen ), Adagio ( Naburius Naburius )

Last edited:

• B-206
    mentions:

sample_0267ba23368440a9414a9baa30d21fd0ff16ad5a.jpg
    The group would soon return B-206 not bothering to respond to Keenan and his jab at her. She had not asked for his opinion and that much was true. Really he seemed like the kind to just excuse whatever he saw bad in his people. B-206 didn't like him despite honestly that being the first time the two had spoken and him mostly having been silent till then. Well B-206 had plenty to hate about him so it was fine. The little girl, well B-206 didn't feel the need to feel sorry for what she said as it had been true at least it had once been true. The Gerudo it seemed had been humbled by the evil their kind had caused. Well that was good , even if it didn't fix what they had broken at least they weren't contributing to fucking everything up further.

At the camp B-206 noticed Uriah was up and while B-206 didn't want to admit it she expected the girl to pretty much run over to reclaim her from the man currently holding her. That didn't happen and instantly B-306 felt something was off. What had Grima done? There was a new anger in B-206 something she hadn't felt in a long time. She was used tot he hate and resentment that formed her normal anger, that had her lash out at people, but now she felt a new burning anger directed at the Shiekah right next to uriah. B-206 didn't really want it to show or well given everyone seemed to know, she didn't want to admit it to herself but she was protective of her little wielder. B-206 didn't really know what she should be as she wanted to end it in a way and she always wanted to remind everyone of the shadow folks crimes, what she didn't want was to become anyone's protector. Yet B-206 found herself floating to where Uriah and Grima were her anger clear on her ethereal face.

" What did you do?" B-206 asked. It was just 4 words not shouted and yet the anger in them was far clearer than any angry tirade she might go on. " I do try to be nicer around Uriah to keep her happy so i know i didn't do anything so what did you do to mess that all up?" B-206 continued actually calling uriah by her name which was rare for her as B-206 tried to pretend she didn't care.

Nessa wanted to ask B more about herself. How did the Sheikah make her? What happened to the other copies? However, she had an inkling that would only cause upset. It seemed, for whatever reason, the being trapped inside the sword didn’t want to disclose too much about her past. She understood that, not wanting to dwell too much on her own either.

“Where are you from?” Instead, she settled on talking to Adagio. Not knowing anything about the Zonai. It brought her comfort that the group was willing to look for Saran. Going as far as separating, so some could search and some could take her back to camp. It was inviting and she had a feeling, somehow, she was going to grow fond of them.

Atara waved Adagios thanks off, giving him a faint smile. There was no need to thank her, it was obvious he needed someone to tag along. B as moral support was laughable, but she’d let that one slide. Nessa didn’t need to know of the sword’s temperamental, unhappy nature unless the being decided to show her.

She gave the other two a light wave, ignoring Keenans’ prior comment about monsters. That wasn’t what she meant. He could handle himself with things of Calamity, she knew that, however she wasn’t sure about a group of his old members. His reassurance to the Gerudo about her brother had a soft smile returning, he sounded honest. It even caused Nessa to peer up at him, smiling big and giving him a, “thank you!”

The trip back to camp was long and uneventful. Nessa had expected to see, no less than, one monster being this far from home. She had heard they were everywhere and told herself it was a welcomed surprise that they didn’t run into any. After all, she wanted to fight her first monster outside of Gerudo with Saran.

She spent a majority of her time walking, talking to Adagio about the priorly mentioned fireworks, “you light the string on fire and it shoots them into the air, they go off with a big bang!” Since he had asked her, she would tell.

The camp wasn’t anything fancy, not that she expected much with a group of wandering people. There was a pile of logs in the center that were burnt and looked to have originally been a campfire. There seemed to be a couple of sleeping bags in separated places, designated spots, perhaps? She didn’t think on it too long, B interrupting her with, what seemed to be, fueled rage towards another member she hadn’t met. It wasn’t any of her business, she noted, giving them space to sort it out.

Instead she turned to Atara, the question lingering in her mind since she first saw the woman. “Your eyes, they’re like mine,” she pointed out. It didn’t take much to notice the unease that followed, the apprehension. “Mmm,” it wasn’t a response, just acknowledgment from the Sheikah. For a moment, Nessa thought that was all she would get.

Atara had been ready to go defend Grima, knowing that Adagio could easily handle Nessa from here. Now she was silent, uncertainty swam in those emerald depths of hers. Memories, things she didn’t like to think about. ‘What’s wrong with me, Papa?’ A scoff, ‘don’t you get it, you’re a mistake, a taint in our lineage.’ She pursed her lips, “I know.” There was a pause, the potential release of the conversation, until finally, “but you’re from Kakariko, a Sheikah.” She was certain Nessa meant no harm, it had been unrealistic to expect no one to ever ask.

‘You’re a half breed, a disappointment.’

“Yes, I’m from Kakariko, but my mother isn’t,” Atara replied. Something that only got her a confused look from the little girl, “what does that mean?” She dug her fingernails into the skin on her palm, so many questions. “My mother..” she felt like she was suffocating, “my mother is from Gerudo, she’s like you.”

‘We all hate you, all of us! Why are you even here? Just go away already!”

“Wow.. that’s so cool!”

Atara didn’t know what she’d expected, maybe disapproval or disgust, but it certainly wasn’t that. She let out a breath she didn’t know she had been holding. Slowly raising her hand to pat the girls head, “you’re sweet, kiddo.” Nessa gasped, smacking her hand off and scowling, “hey! Don’t call me that.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back