• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom reawakening: calamity

• Grima and Uriah

" What did you do?" B-206 asked. It was just 4 words not shouted and yet the anger in them was far clearer than any angry tirade she might go on. " I do try to be nicer around Uriah to keep her happy so i know i didn't do anything so what did you do to mess that all up?" B-206 continued actually calling uriah by her name which was rare for her as B-206 tried to pretend she didn't care.

Grima's glance briefly landed on Atara and Adagio as they returned with...another child? Though while Atara and the child kept their distance and spoke his gaze landed right on the sword spirit that floated closer to him and his charge.

Uriah's nose scrunched at the tone of B's voice, despite knowing it wasn't directed to her. She was glad B wasn't yelling, as Uriah didn't like when others yelled even if it wasn't directed at her. It reminded her far too much of her father.

Father yelled a lot, whether at her or her siblings. Grima didn't yell (he usually looked tired or had a 'I'm disappointed, not mad' face when she got in trouble), the only time she ever heard him yell was when Uriah hadn't seen the bear and Farah got hurt.

'It's always my fault when someone starts yelling, isn't it?' she thought almost bitterly.

"Uriah's been looking for her brother for some time. I recently learned that he passed, and felt that she needed to know now rather than later." Grima replied simply with a heavy sigh, "It's better than her possibly running into his remains on this journey." He added in a quieter tone.

Uriah shifted a bit where she sat, glancing at B from the corner of her eye before glancing down at her hands with a deep frown at how angry she looked.

"I figured that something might have happened. We couldn't find him for a while…" She spoke up. Valen always came back when he said he would, even when he didn't she had told herself that he'd eventually come back.

It's been five years give or take, some part of her knew that he wouldn't come back.

"You don't have to be too mad at 'ima." She muttered, pulling her knees to her chest and resting her chin on them.

Interactions: B ( Karcen Karcen )

Mentioned: Atara and Nessa ( endersheart endersheart ), Adagio ( Naburius Naburius )

Last edited:
B-206 felt her anger instantly leave her, and her expresion went from angry, to shocked, to confused, to oddly enough worried. That was not something B-206 had expected to hear. She hadn't known what she expected but that Uriah had been told her brother was dead was not it. With how B-206 acted being mean and honestly rather abrasive anyone might think she really would not be the best person to see when expressing loss. B-206 might have told people to get over it or that others were dead but well she had been working to not overly hurt Uriah. This losing a sibling actully did hit home with B-206 and even if it wasn't the kid she might not be so mean towards anyone losing a sibling.

" Ah I see ... well you are taking it better than when I lost my first sibling. I cried well as much as I can for hours" B-206 said floating beside Uriah and trying to touch her shoulder only for her form to phase through the girl. B-206 had always hated her unfeeling protection for just that yet now she disliked it for another reason. " Really you shoukd think of the good times, try not feeling too down they are in the afterlife now. The best thing you can do is keep going. " B-206 said though that was advice she only somewhat existed by she didn't want to live on if her existence could be called life. " I'd offer you a shoulder but well you would fall through me" She joked trying to lighten the mood a little " We found you a friend named Nessa maybe you should say hi.. also get me back " B-206 suddenly switched topiv thinking that doing something would get Uriah to ficus on the now and put off the sadness for now.

Aisha rolled her eyes at Keenan’s joking words. If she had her way, even the hungriest of monsters wouldn’t see her, or him, all things considered. While Aisha didn’t really want to show off much of her magic, with just two of them, she could probably do something to keep them safer without Keenan noticing. Probably.

Letting the others depart with only a solemn nod, Aisha tried not to think to much about B’s words, or any of the implications of that entire exchange. Her own position in this world felt precarious enough without adding more nonsense too it.

Following Keenan as the man headed off in the other direction, Aisha let the quiet settle over them for a while, focusing instead on keeping eye on out for trouble. “With just two of us, it’s probably better to stick together, instead of splitting up. Just, don’t go running off into trouble.” She managed a weak smile. “Unless you ‘intuition is telling you something different?”

Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight

Adagio smiled at Nessa's question. Even if he wasn't welcome there now he did have fond memories of where he grew up. Perhaps someday he'd try going back to check on his family. "Me? I grew up in the Faron Woods. They're a ways South of here, very sticky. Full of mysteries though, like the Spirit of Floria River."

Stories of mystery and the like were a favorite of his and it'd been a while since he had an active audience so it was fun to reminisce on them and try to remember an old one. It was normally his younger siblings who served as his captive audience. He was happy to entertain and just as happy to hear the girl speak of the wonders she knew of. He gazed in awe as she described the fireworks to him, "They sound amazing! Almost like magic even."

Unfortunately their fun was cut short as they arrived back at camp to a noticeably sourer mood. Before he even had the chance to ask B was in Grima's face, furious. He was at a loss for how to even intervene simply waiting for the man to make his case as their new companion turned her attention to Atara.

He'd lost his grandmother when he was young but he couldn't imagine the pain of losing a sibling, fortunately B-206 seemed to have a better grasp of the situation now and reeled herself in, and so he simply followed her lead walking over to the three of them, crouching down, and holding out B's physical form.

"I am sorry for borrowing her, but she missed you dearly. You're all she could talk about in fact, so at least know you aren't alone. Though you should know that already given you already had Grima here looking out for you." He motioned to the man in question, trusting him to be able to handle this better than he could. The words of family were much stronger than that of strangers after all, no matter how kind the intentions.

• Grima and Uriah

B-206 felt her anger instantly leave her, and her expression went from angry, to shocked, to confused, to oddly enough worried.

Grima wasn't sure what to expect from B's reaction, but this on top of her claim of keeping Uriah happy more than solidified the fact that both sword and wielder were very fond of each other the past two days.

"Really you should think of the good times, try not feeling too down they are in the afterlife now. The best thing you can do is keep going." B-206 said though that was advice she only somewhat existed by, she didn't want to live on if her existence could be called life.

Uriah thought about it for a moment, before nodding her understanding and giving B a watery smile.

"I have plenty of good memories but, y'know…you sound a lot like Grima when you say that." She mumbled, the last bit an attempt at a joke.

"I'd offer you a shoulder but well you would fall through me" She joked trying to lighten the mood a little " We found you a friend named Nessa maybe you should say hi.. also get me back."

The joke earned a wet chuckle from Uriah as she wiped at her face, before blinking at B.

"Who's Nessa?" She asked, pushing herself to her feet and missing the glance Grima gave B before he too stood. As much as the man didn't personally agree with some of B's views, there was a flash of gratitude there in his visible eye, in regards to Uriah at least. Because she got Uriah to bounce back a little.

"I am sorry for borrowing her, but she missed you dearly. You're all she could talk about in fact, so at least know you aren't alone. Though you should know that already given you already had Grima here looking out for you." He motioned to the man in question, trusting him to be able to handle this better than he could. The words of family were much stronger than that of strangers after all, no matter how kind the intentions.

Uriah blinked as Adagio crouched to her level and presented her B's physical form, stopping her from looking for this Nessa girl B mentioned. She took it with a small smile, hugging B's physical form to her chest.

"Thank you for taking care of her for me." She replied. A thoughtful look crossed her face before she glanced between Grima and Adagio for a moment.

"If we can, later, can we go catch frogs?" She asked. Catching frogs always made her feel better, they were cute plus it was always something to do when she felt bad inside and she couldn't just punch her problems away.

Interactions: B ( Karcen Karcen ), Adagio ( Naburius Naburius )

Mentioned: Atara and Nessa ( endersheart endersheart )

Keenan

The light from Adagio’s torch grew weaker by the second, quickly being replaced by the shadows of the forest as they distanced themselves further from their comrades. Occasionally moonlight shined down from above to break through the otherwise dark world around them. After some time Aisha was the first one to break the silence. “With just two of us, it’s probably better to stick together, instead of splitting up.” Keenan inwardly sighed. While he knew there was no way he could go find Saran on his own without raising suspicion it was nonetheless an added problem to deal with. Uncertainly plagued him, his imagination threatening to go wild over everything that could go wrong. What if the kid attacked him? Or worse, what if the encounter made him collapse? He was already dealing with a massive headache as it was, though admittedly a lot of that could be from stress. In the past he had done everything he could to avoid coming into contact with anything infected with Malice, yet here he was going towards more of it like a fool.

Zoning out, it took him a moment to realize the archer was still talking. “…running off into trouble.” Her lips formed upwards into a weak smile. “Unless your intuition is telling you something different?”

Keenan hummed in agreement. “So no setting a bokoblin on fire or yelling in the forest? Cloud chaser, where’s your sense of adventure?” He quipped, looking almost offended for a moment. “But I suppose you have a point about sticking together, last thing we need is getting separated in rugged territory like this.” Coming to a standstill for a second, his eyes narrowed. They were getting close, he could sense it. His legs seemed to move of their own accord, moving him forwards several feet before they stopped just feet away from a rather small, unmoving figure lying by a small stream. “Look. It’s the kid, just as I suspected…” The ex-yiga bent down, his hands automatically searching for a pulse. Alive, good.

Brushing the boy’s red hair aside Keenan could definitely see the family resemblance he shared with Nessa. Even in the barely visible moonlight he could tell the boy’s natural bronze skin was a sickening pale. That’s when he finally noticed the fresh scar on Saran’s chest, a strange purple substance oozing out of the wound where partially dried blood should’ve been.

Keenan’s head suddenly began to pound even worse than before and for a moment he saw double. He winced, barely resisting the urge to vomit as a small curse escaped his lips.

Interacting with: Soulmuse Soulmuse
Mentioned: Hopos Hopos

“My sense of adventure tends to get my into trouble.” Aisha tried to make the words sound flippant but she knew they were to sharp, to direct. She could tell that Keenan was not really paying attention, but that was probably for the best. She didn’t need to explain any part of why her sense of adventure got her in trouble.

Then, his intuition obviously struck again, Keenan making his way with an unusual deterimination one particular direction. Aisha followed, gripping her bow tightly, alert for any dangers, her sense of danger eerily silent. And, there was the boy. He was, Aisha realized with a start, a boy. A boy that was not in good shape, with a wound on his chest, and some oozing substance instead of blood to show for it. Keenan checked his pulse, which apparently was a good sign, but she could see something about the situation obviously impacted her companion, as he winced, and cursed.

Her own eyes lingered on the purple, oozing wound on the boy’s chest, as Aisha moved around him, boy slipping from into it’s loop on her back as she knelt. No magical knowledge needed to know that wound was bad news, but with the magical knowledge it positively screamed it. No, Aisha realized, as she thought, it sang to the deep, dark part of her that knew terrible things. Her own curse, in her native tongue, instead of Hylian, slipped out.

Aisha didn’t know the first thing about healing with magic, she’d studied illusions, and things much darker, but she did know that they needed to do something. Crawling skin, the small whisper in her ears, and the feeling like the shadows were getting longer told her that. Which, Aisha realized she could probably used to her advantage, somehow. Keenan still seemed out of it, but that was fine. She didn’t feeling entirely comfortable revealing her magic, but he didn’t seem to enjoy this presence so they were probably even there.

Holding her right hand just over the wound, Aisha started to chant under her breath, still in her native tongue. If Keenan recovered or spoke to her, she was entirely out of it, focused entirely on the task at hand, namely getting whatever magic that was out of the unconscious boy. Using the most sensible method she could think of. Namely, pull the corrupting magic out, and put it somewhere else. The shadows began to lengthen around Aisha, folding into one another as she focused on that bit of her that the Malice called out too. Her illusionary appearance wavered, as those same shadows seemed to reach out, as if to touch the malicious presence.

And thus, abruptly something struck her, knocking Aisha back onto the hard earth, and her senses returned. At the same time, the very shadows themselves exploded back from her body. Vaguely, as Aisha’s appearance flickered, her unnatural skin, and eyes, visible for a several seconds, she knew Keenan said something, but her mind was elsewhere, trying to shake off that pernicious feeling, and the insanity of what she had been doing. Years, without so much as touching those magics, and now…It chilled Aisha to her core, how easily they’d come back, and how easily something convinced her to take them up again. “Thank you.” She managed to stumble the words, to Keenan, after several long seconds.

Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight
Passed out amdist the fun: Hopos Hopos

• B-206
    mentions:

sample_0267ba23368440a9414a9baa30d21fd0ff16ad5a.jpg

B-206 didn't say much letting Uriah do most of the talking as her physical form was brought back to the girl. B-206 really did try to hid e her dislike of being able to touch someone bothered her right now. She already showed she cared, which annoyed the sword spirit greatly when she had vowed to anger whoever bought her enough to get her self destroyed. She had always put that goal aside and been nice enough, she did annoy the others, but well she tried to hold back with uriah was around. It did seem the idea of getting a new friend cheered Uriah up. Which brought mixed feelings to B-206 as she really shouldn't be making others happy she should be making so made they break her so she could finally end her existence. The idea of being broken and ending everything appealed to the weary sword spirit and yet she worried every time what the girl would do if she was broken. Yeah it had only been two days, but well B-206 guessed she had seen to many kids hurt to want to hurt another. B-206 had been hurt as a child and despite what she wanted she couldn't bring herself to want to hurt another child.

" Of course we can" B-206 said giving into her desire to protect the little girl " If the others find that girl's brother you should invite them as well, they could use it not doubt" She continued deciding to be nice to them as well, they were kids and had been hurt. her hate of a desert folk was well, it seemed not true anymore so maybe she should try to know a little more about them.

“You’re very welcome. That does sound fun. And our new friend Nessa was telling me all about these things called fireworks. They sound like a lot of fun.”

It was good to see she was feeling a little better. It seemed they had their hands full with upset young ones, but he got the feeling that wasn’t an uncommon thing in these tumultuous times. Whatever they could do to change that was a welcome sight, though he was even less happy to hear that the goddess had called the poor girl upon this quest of theirs now. She deserved to be sitting comfortably at home with more kids her age. But they were at least getting closer to that ideal, though bringing more children on this adventure didn’t seem like the best idea. It’d be quite a trek back to the desert anyways so it wouldn’t do them any good to leave them.

He had to drop these depressing thoughts, his expression was hidden behind his mask but it’d only hide so much if he stayed quiet for too long. “B’s right you should say hi when you’re ready.”

• Grima and Uriah

"Of course we can," B-206 said giving into her desire to protect the little girl "If the others find that girl's brother you should invite them as well, they could use it not doubt"

“You’re very welcome. That does sound fun. And our new friend Nessa was telling me all about these things called fireworks. They sound like a lot of fun.”

"We can go catch frogs whenever you feel like, as long as we don't stray too far from the group." Grima reassured.

Uriah perked up at the confirmation from both sword and guardian, and even Adagio, that they could catch frogs, though tilted her head at B.

"Huh? Her brother's lost?" Uriah asked, before adding "Well, the more the merrier, catching frogs always cheers me up so maybe it'll cheer them up too." She smiled, though a small part of her couldn't help but feel almost jealous that the other girl's sibling was just lost and not gone.

It wasn't fair. Uriah didn't like the feeling she felt, but it just wasn't fair.

"Too bad we can't keep the frogs, usually they're pretty cute." She sighed, trying not to focus on the ugly feeling she felt for that split second.

“B’s right you should say hi when you’re ready.”

Did she want to say hi? Uriah's expression turned thoughtful as she stared at her feet. As far as she knew Nessa was still talking to Atara about something.

"Mm. Okay." She nodded, coming to a decision. Turning her head to try and gauge if Nessa was looking their way or not, she'd raise her hand to wave at the young Gerudo if she happened to be looking. If not, she'd stare intensely at Nessa until the other did look her way to wave in greeting.

Interactions: B ( Karcen Karcen ), Adagio ( Naburius Naburius )

Mentioned: Atara and Nessa ( endersheart endersheart )

In the brief time they spoke to one another, Atara had learned that Nessas magic came from the Great Fairy Tera. It was odd, seeing as the Fairy’s normally only used their capabilities for financial gain. It did give the oldest more wisdom on the matter, however, like how Nessa was able to use it to the extent she was. By the time they had finished talking about why the Gerudo shouldn’t be using her abilities too much in the open, for safety measures, it seemed the trio apart from them had finished their conversation too.

Uriah waved at Nessa, who had been watching her in an intrigued light. She hadn’t come across too many other kids, in the moment, it made her nervous. Anxiety of rejection, of unacceptance, making her unable to move. Finally a hand patted her back, pushing her forward, “go say hello,” whispered Atara. Filled with unease at the new situation, Nessa forced her feet to work. She stopped right in front of Uriah, uncertain of what to say or do, and managed a, “hi, my name’s Nessa.”

The girl was taller and more than likely older, she presumed. She had beautiful curly hair, in a dark shade she hadn’t seen anyone else here with. It mesmerized her, meeting another person around her age. Building up some courage, she gave a bright smile, “what’s yours?”

With the kids preoccupied, Atara folded her arms, “Grima,” she called. She waited for him or closed the distance herself, wanting to speak with him in a voice the kids couldn’t hear. It wasn’t that it was super unsettling, she just didn’t want to restress Nessa. “Her brother was kidnapped by the Yiga, do you think..?” She hoped he shared the same sentiment as her, that it had something to do with Ganon. He might even know more than her.

The first time talking to him alone, since the start of the journey, and Atara didn’t dare bring up the past. Their history with one another, how they met many years ago; as children. It was hard to forget a Sheikah with so many differences from the average. Really, she appreciated him. Two days and nobody knew about her secret, a subject for another time.

Keenan
Despite the headache threatening to rip his head in two the world was no longer a blur of colors, allowing his vision to readjust in the dim light within seconds to an alarming sight. Chanting in a language Keenan couldn’t place, Aisha was currently bent over a still unconscious Saran, green eyes blank as if she was in a trance. One of her hands hovered over the wound, slightly glowing as the malice beneath bubbled furiously to the surface before changing into a dark smoke as it rose and slowly gathered within her palm. Her appearance seemed to flicker before his very eyes, like a candle that had no more wax to burn sputtered in encroaching darkness. Was the malice changing her into some manner of beast, or revealing what truly lay behind a mirage?

All the ex-Yiga knew was that the air felt heavy, teeming with a familiar presence that threatened to take his breath away, and for a moment he found himself a child again, unable to scream as the dark figure before him smiled as it summoned shadows to consume his very being.

No, he couldn’t, wouldn’t allow it to happen again. “What the hell do you think you’re doing Aisha?” He snapped. “Stop!” Mustering his strength, he shoved her aside, the connection between her and the malice disappearing as quickly as it had formed. Her appearance flickered again to reveal the mysterious looking woman beneath, a shadowy humanoid with what appeared to glowing green tattoos etched into her skin and eyes the color of blood, before turning back into a familiar pale skinned archer.

Keenan sighed in relief but it was short lived as a mix of anger and annoyance soon took its place. Aisha had snapped out of her trance, mumbling a thank you in the awkward silence that followed. Rather than give voice to the questions running in mind however, he turned and pulled some bandages out of his bag. “Your thanks is unnecessary Aisha. I simply did what I could to keep you from getting yourself or the kid killed.” He replied coldly. Thankfully the malice had retreated somewhat, allowing him to clean what he could of the boy’s wound and swiftly wrap it bandages. “It takes a special kind of recklessness to try and remove a dangerous form of magic that could easily cause you to loose your mind. Next time don’t be an idiot.” Realizing the harshness of his words, he sighed again. “Sorry, that was uncalled for. I’ve seen many terrible things happen to people who willingly…or rather, unwillingly interact with malice.” Swallowing the bitterness now on his tongue, he gathered Saran up in his arms, deciding not to put him on his back in fear of irritating the now covered wound. Keenan knew he probably looked silly right now carrying a teenage boy like an infant but it couldn’t be helped. There were more pressing matters to deal with.

He turned to face the archer again. “At any rate, let’s talk about what happened here later. My head feels like it could explode.” He paused for a moment, his voiced soft as he added, “And don’t worry, your secret is safe with me. I’ve got a lot of questions to ask but we’ll deal with that at another time.” He slowly began walking in the direction of the camp, gesturing for her to follow. “I’ve seen a lot of interesting things traveling around Hyrule but I don’t think I’ve come across someone like you. Do those tattoos of yours always glow in the dark?”

Interacting with: Soulmuse Soulmuse
Mentioned: Hopos Hopos

Onnen didn't see the need for a steed, she knew once sge had more strength that she would be fat swifter on foot. The child might not know that, the world it seemed was not what it had been. The fact it was still here after all this time was nothing short of a miracle from those annoying gods.

" do you think you will need a steed to keep up child? " Onnen asked Zada she would be able to provide something fir sure if need be. " Right now my powers are weak, but should we find some malice I can call forth a steed far better than any mortal beast " she explained not even considering the idea they needed money as she didn't consider most of the creatures in this world as needed for her mission. She could feel malice and malice was her goal.

Aisha let Keenan’s words, pass harsh as they might have been, recognizing them for what they were, and knowing that he was right. Exactly what overcame her, she couldn’t quite describe, only that she intimately knew the feeling of it. Intoxicating, and when not under it’s thrall, utterly terrifying. Malice, that was the term Keenan used. Aisha didn’t quite agree with the term, she’d probably have called it corruption, but Malice worked well enough. It ate away at her rationality, sang to the corner of her mind that had to know in ways that it took her far to long to realize could be terrifyingly dangerous. Long enough ago that she should have known, but long enough ago that Aisha’s guard was down.

Standing slowly, Aisha checked her boy for injury, scrutinizing her hand carefully, finding absolutely nothing to mark her latest batch of absolute stupidity. Somehow, that annoyed her, in the irrational way that led her to decide that anything she just did was a good idea. Shaking her head to cast those thoughts aside as best she could, Aisha focused back on Keenan, who had picked up the unconscious boy, now looking over at her.

“Later is fine. I need to...” Wash off the feeling of everything about that. Get control of herself again. Stop being a mess. The following question drew an unbidden, bitter laugh to her lips, Aisha pulling her bow from it’s clip and jogging ahead of Keenan, to keep watch for monsters or the like. “I would hope you never come across anyone else like me.” Such a casual statement then caught up, her mind realizing what her mouth spat out. Panic chased after, the horror at someone knowing, at just how this would all end up-and then Aisha’s brain caught up again. Keenan hadn’t run yet, and he didn’t seem all that bothered by her otherness, albeit only seeing a small bit of it. Of course, her magic would collapse when she started doing that.

“As far as I know, I’m the only one of my people in Hyrule.” Caught up in her panic, Aisha did not keep down her anger and bitter feelings about that. “As for glowing, they always glow. It’s…” She cut herself off. Keenan did need to know, or probably care, about the complicated reasoning behind the tattoos, or even the meaning that Twili ascribed to them. “It’s just a part of us.” She settled for that. Talking about herself, as herself, felt strange. Thus, Aisha went for the easiest trick in the book to hide herself.

“Whatever your relationship to that Malice stuff is, I’ll keep that from the others.” She paused, turning to let Keenan catch up, her eyes drifting over the area. Wide open, far to wide of sight lines, and the like. There was far too much chance of a monster doing something or just lurking in a shadow she couldn’t see. Even with better vision in the dark, Aisha couldn’t reliably pick out all the shadows around here. When Keenan drew level she put out an arm to stop him. “I can use some magic to hide trace of our passing, since we’re going slow. Between here and camp, it’d be safer, given how much slower we’re going. With your permission?” Better now to just do something, not right now.
Interacting: Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight
Present but still napping: Hopos Hopos

• Grima and Uriah

Filled with unease at the new situation, Nessa forced her feet to work. She stopped right in front of Uriah, uncertain of what to say or do, and managed a, “hi, my name’s Nessa.”

The girl was taller and more than likely older, she presumed. She had beautiful curly hair, in a dark shade she hadn’t seen anyone else here with. It mesmerized her, meeting another person around her age. Building up some courage, she gave a bright smile, “what’s yours?”

It was almost funny, how in a few simple words most lingering negative and ugly thoughts and feelings got shoved to the back of Uriah's mind.

Uriah couldn't remember the last time she talked to another girl close in age, now that she thought about it. Unless B counted.

"I'm Uriah, it's nice to meet you." She greeted, returning Nessa's smile with one of her own.

She pointed to Nessa then and said, "your hair is pretty. You're uh…Gerudo, right? Your clothes are nice too."

There was a second of silence before she went ahead and asked, "You wanna catch frogs later?"

With the kids preoccupied, Atara folded her arms, “Grima,” she called. She waited for him or closed the distance herself, wanting to speak with him in a voice the kids couldn’t hear. It wasn’t that it was super unsettling, she just didn’t want to restress Nessa. “Her brother was kidnapped by the Yiga, do you think..?” She hoped he shared the same sentiment as her, that it had something to do with Ganon. He might even know more than her.

The first time talking to him alone, since the start of the journey, and Atara didn’t dare bring up the past. Their history with one another, how they met many years ago; as children. It was hard to forget a Sheikah with so many differences from the average. Really, she appreciated him. Two days and nobody knew about her secret, a subject for another time.

Having found an opportunity to, Grima had silently slipped away to tend to Uriah's horse to give Uriah time to get to know Nessa and vice versa though kept an ear out in case he needed to step in for any reason, knowing that sometimes Uriah got ahead of herself.

"Yes?" At Atara's call he turned to face her, trying to read her expression to determine if everything was alright. While they weren't exactly friends and were acquaintances at best, he knew of her struggles growing up and being seen as different in some capacity over something they couldn't control, like how they looked. To him, it was her business and if she wanted to keep it a secret or to let the others know then that was her call and he would respect it.

However his brow furrowed at her words, eye narrowing in thought. Her telling him this could mean many things; that she wanted him to know and that she wanted to know his thoughts on the matter. Given the history between the Sheikah and Yiga, well…

"I believe B and Adagio mentioned a missing brother, but if the Yiga were involved then it likely has to do with Ganon…." He trailed off for a moment. Whatever the Yiga planned to do exactly was something he didn't necessarily want to know.

"I doubt the Yiga would want to let go of the boy if he's a part of their plans, and there's no telling exactly what they plan to do. Either way, it involves Ganon and it's not good." He kept his tone low, not wanting to alert the children and upset another child in one day. It was worrying enough, that there were two children that had a run in with the Yiga, to know that one of them had been taken made Grima's blood simmer deep down, but he kept his feelings in check.

"She's rather far from Gerudo desert, did she tell you how she got here, if she remembers? If they had left her here…"

The possibility that the Yiga could have left a child out here on their own made Grima bite his cheek, despite the fact that it wasn't completely surprising it was still upsetting.

Interactions: Atara and Nessa ( endersheart endersheart )

Mentioned: B ( Karcen Karcen ), Adagio ( Naburius Naburius )

"I'm Uriah, it's nice to meet you."

Nessa had a feeling that she was going to like Uriah, a whole lot, “it’s nice to meet you, too.” At the compliment, she felt herself flush. Aside from Adagio, no one had went out of their way to compliment anything about her since she arrived here. While she didn’t expect anything like that, receiving one from someone her age made her feel certainly happy. “Your hair is pretty too! I like how curly it is.” She wouldn’t bring it up, to keep her mind off the fact that he was gone, but Uriah had hair that reminded her of Sarans. The curl pattern seemed all too familiar.

“Yeah! I’m from Gerudo desert, I actually.. haven’t ever been outside of it.” This was her very first time and, with that being said, she didn’t have any idea what a frog was. The name itself sounded familiar, yet she didn’t believe they had any in Gerudo. Maybe she had heard something from a passing traveler? “Oh, I’d love to, but.. what’s a frog?”

Atara had pressed her finger against her cheek again, in that way she often did when in thought. It seemed if Keenan and Aisha didn’t find the boy, this would put a major dent in their plans. It all had to do with Ganon, she was certain, just as certain as Grima. “The first male Gerudo to be born within the same time as Ganon, it’s strange.” She wasn’t surprised the Yiga wanted him for their scheming, she was surprised he existed.

“Keenan and Aisha are out searching for him and finishing up scouting, but I’m with you, it seems unlikely they’ll find him. The Yiga won’t simply let him go, he’d have to be retrieved.” If they did find him, it’d be a miracle.

When he asked how Nessa got there, outside of Gerudo, she grimaced. “From what she told us they just dropped her off in the valley, I suppose they didn’t have any use for her.” It was cruel to take her brother and discard her. She could only imagine the emotions the child had been feeling. That’s why she hoped, for Nessas sake, they stumbled upon a miracle.

• B-206
    mentions: endersheart endersheart Takumi98 Takumi98

B-206 had decided to let the two kids talk without her floating beside them, not like she wasn't there already. Besides there was something more interesting going on between Grima and Atara. B-206 had been there to hear the girl's story, though it seemed they were more worried about the boy that B-206 herself was. She had not been impressed by the shiekah that called themselves Yiga. They seemed closer to a joke from what little others had told her. Whatever dark powers they were playing with, it would more likely succeed if the kids did it instead of the yiga. Still why would they even want the boy, yeah his kind were what became ganon, but there had only been one ganon and that ganon was locked in that castle. They were trying to summon something that already existed into existence. These Yiga were truly foolish if instead of trying to free their supposed master they were blindly trying to summon him.

" Really scared by what a few idiots blindly groping at the dark are doing?" B-206 asked the two adult rhetorically as the floated near them " These Yiga are a shadow of a shadow of what the Sheikah were nothing more than pretenders. Really their kind used to commit the worst blasphemies in their vanity and hubris. These bandits shouldn't scare you, the kids would do better than them" B-206 finished floating through the two of them and toward the children.

" A small wet critter that like to hop" B-206 said answering Nessa's question as she floated nearby. not bringing up what the other pair were saying sparing the kids feelings, well mostly Uriah though looking between the two B-206 felt Nessa might be younger, though she had an air of maturity. B-206 didn't really regret what she had said about Nessa, though she guessed she had been wrong. Of the girls people, well she would take the others word for now, the Sheikah still seemed to be the main blight upon the land. At least they weren't throwing children into forges anymore. " Well i am sure once the other one is here all three of you will be good friends" B-206 said showing a front of certainty that things would be fine. " The shiekah have lost so much that those Yiga are dumber than... well they are dumb " B-206 said barely managing to say than she had been.

Keenan
Even in the dim light Keenan could tell that the archer was anything but ok, his words seeming to make her visibly uncomfortable. She was jittery, eyes wide like some sort of cornered animal, a pained expression across her features as she turned to jog a few steps ahead. A few moments passed as she collected herself, laughing bitterly as she reluctantly addressed the elephant in the room. She talked like whatever race she belonged to were some manner of monsters. Despite the little bit of guilt he felt, it honestly piqued the ex-Yiga’s curiosity, questions already forming in the back of his mind for later use. He had only seen malice destroy or taint whatever it came into contact with, to witness briefly what lay beneath Aisha’s disguise and yet not dispel completely suggested powerful magic was at work. She had even attempted to absorb the dark substance into herself. Just who, or what, was she? Could it be possible he could learn how to do it too?

Suddenly he felt even worse, nausea forming in the pit of his stomach. Best not to continue that train of thought. This whole night was messing with him big time.

Thankfully Aisha decided to quickly changed the subject, suggesting they cover their tracks. Keenan nodded, saying, “That would be most appreciated. I doubt the others would like it if a bunch of monsters decided to join the party.” Looking down at the boy he was carrying, he grimaced at the sight of the wound again. He would need to come up with some sort of spell to temporarily hide the malice, or else things could get ugly.

Soulmuse Soulmuse Hopos Hopos

Aisha considered Keenan for a moment. He seemed troubled by something, well, a lot of somethings, but given everything she just did, they did not have time to pry. Instead, she put a hand on his arm, and discarded the pretense that she did magic as Hylians did, chanting softly in her native tongue. Wrapping the three of them in a small bubble that would hide their scent, obscure them from sight at least partially, and the works. Very useful for hunting, but now, apparently for sneaking. The air around them seemed to grow stale and still, and her skin prickled with a feigned cold.

Even casting the magic, her magic not those black arts that got her here, prickled that vague sense at the back of her head. She really did want to know more but, with a shake of her, Aisha dispelled the thought. “We’ll need to move slow, the spell is on you, so it’s only around you.”

Picking their path took longer than it should have, with occasional stops, either for wildlife or just to be sure that it was clear, but after some time, they made it within sight of the camp. With a small whisper, Aisha dispelled the magic hiding them, turning to Keenan. “If you want to take him somewhere and try and do something about…that,” Aisha gestured at the wound, “I’ll find the others.” She didn’t want to find the others, much preferring the idea of finding a nice, dark, if warm, corner to hide in, but she didn’t have that choice. Someone absolutely needed to do something about that wound, and someone that didn’t have her…issues.

Waving slightly to Adagio, Aisha made a for the conversing group, waiting for a break in Atara and Grima’s conversation to step in. “We found her brother.”

KEENAN

Keenan regarded the women curiously as she chanted in that unfamiliar language again, summoning a bubble like construct to envelop the three of them in silence. The thin membrane was almost invisible as it covered them, the only sign of its presence appearing in the occasional ripple around them and slightly lower temperature. For his part all the ex-Yiga could do is marvel at it silently as most of his attention remained on the path ahead, breathing slowly even as his headache pounded in time with his heartbeat.

Aisha’s words remained true unfortunately as it seemed to take twice as long to get back to camp, but on the plus side her vigilance made sure they remained uninterrupted. Before long the light from the campfire entered their line of vision. Keenan couldn’t help but give a small sigh of relief. Once they had gotten close enough, Aisha dispelled the magic before turning to him. “If you want to take him somewhere and try to do something about…that,” She said, gesturing at Saran’s wound, “I’ll find the others.”

Of course she’d make him do one of the hardest parts, not that he could blame her considering the experience they had earlier. Pushing his annoyance to the side, he nodded. “It shouldn’t be too hard to hide the malice temporarily. Guess being a Sheikah comes with its perks.” A sardonic smile appeared on his face before disappearing in a flash. “Try and warm them up for me will you?” He teased, using his head to gesture towards their companions.

Once Aisha stepped into the clearing, he grimaced before gently laying the unconscious gerudo teen on the ground. Though there wasn’t much light to go by in the shadows the malice was still rather easy to see. The words needed for the illusion spell came out easily, and with a wave of his hand there was no malice to be seen, only a nasty cut just beginning to scar.

Sadly it was only temporary, the spell would only last a few days at most. He’d have to find the kid a shirt or use another spell after the wound was properly treated, though that was small potatoes compared to how Saran would act once he woke up. Keenan couldn’t help but feel bad. Though it had been some years since he had been in the Yiga clan he still had a rough idea of what ritual the boy had been through. He could only hope the trauma from the event would keep the memories at bay for now as unlikely as it was. The malice in his veins would make sure of that.

With a sigh the ex-assassin picked up the unconscious boy again and made his way to the camp. Clearing his throat, he said, “The knights have rescued the sleeping prince Saran from his predicament, safe and almost sound.” A pause, his voice lowered as he lay the boy on a blanket. “Other than some ugly bruises and his wound needing to be cleaned he looks to be ok, physically at least. Assuming he wakes up soon I think it’d be best if he mostly rested for a few days.”

Atara found it best to ignore B’s regular, pessimistic statement this time. She wasn’t scared of the Yiga, she was bothered by them taking off with a child. A gerudo child that was male, at that. It could be a total setback on their journey. Scared wasn’t the right term, irritated was more like it.

However, it seemed luck was on the group's side this time. Before Grima could respond to any of her previous statements, Aisha made her appearance. Without Keenan, she noted. Not that, that wasn’t strange.

“We found her brother.”

She raised a brow, keeping back the smart aleck comment of, “so, where is he?” that almost left her lips. It was best to save any suspicion for later, for now, this was great news. “That’s amazing, how is he? Is he unharmed?” Her question was answered, not by Aisha, but Keenan, who had finally decided to show up. Him and the obvious cut across Saran’s chest.

Her eyes ran over the wound, questioningly, examining the full extent of it. This whole thing; finding the boy, the minuscule amount of wounds. It made no sense. She wasn’t entirely sure if Aisha and Keenan had schemed up something, really, finding him could have been plain coincidence. “Where was he when you found him?”

The sound of giggling reached her ears, Nessa and Uriah. They were somewhere on the other side of the tent: out of sight, but able to be heard if they were loud enough. “Someone should inform his sister too, I’m sure she’ll be happy to hear he’s here and safe.” The family resemblance was obvious, to say the least. Their facial features were strikingly similar and they looked to be around the same age. Twins, maybe?

“If there’s Hyrule Herb around here, I could make a salve with it.” It was more to herself than the other three, the herb was known to be pretty miraculous with its healing properties. Kneeling so she was more level with the sleeping boy, she examined him for more wounds. Any areas that might need attention, after she applied the salve it would do some good to wrap them. “Really, it would be nice if we had a healer.. I’m not any good at that type of magic.” A pause, taking in everything, “and yes, I agree, he’ll need plenty of rest.”

• Grima and Uriah

Nessa had a feeling that she was going to like Uriah, a whole lot, “it’s nice to meet you, too.” At the compliment, she felt herself flush. Aside from Adagio, no one had went out of their way to compliment anything about her since she arrived here. While she didn’t expect anything like that, receiving one from someone her age made her feel certainly happy. “Your hair is pretty too! I like how curly it is.” She wouldn’t bring it up, to keep her mind off the fact that he was gone, but Uriah had hair that reminded her of Sarans. The curl pattern seemed all too familiar.

“Yeah! I’m from Gerudo desert, I actually.. haven’t ever been outside of it.” This was her very first time and, with that being said, she didn’t have any idea what a frog was. The name itself sounded familiar, yet she didn’t believe they had any in Gerudo. Maybe she had heard something from a passing traveler? “Oh, I’d love to, but.. what’s a frog?”

"A small wet critter that like to hop" B-206 said answering Nessa's question as she floated nearby. not bringing up what the other pair were saying sparing the kids feelings, well mostly Uriah though looking between the two B-206 felt Nessa might be younger, though she had an air of maturity. B-206 didn't really regret what she had said about Nessa, though she guessed she had been wrong. Of the girls people, well she would take the others word for now, the Sheikah still seemed to be the main blight upon the land. At least they weren't throwing children into forges anymore. " Well i am sure once the other one is here all three of you will be good friends" B-206 said showing a front of certainty that things would be fine. " The shiekah have lost so much that those Yiga are dumber than... well they are dumb " B-206 said barely managing to say than she had been.

"Oh thanks! Usually, it's a pain to deal with cause stuff gets stuck in a lot, but I manage." She chuckled. Curly hair was something she and her siblings shared, and the comment about it being really the only good thing the siblings gained from their father was pushed to the back of her mind.

"Frogs are one of the cutest critters ever! Sometimes you can see them by water and they make sounds." Uriah answered with a grin, before nodding to B's added input on frogs, "I'll make sure to show you what they look like if we find some, and teach you all I know about how to catch them too." She giggled before noting the comment on the Yiga being dumb. While she agreed she wasn't sure why they were brought up, but figured it wasn't necessarily important at the moment.

Atara had pressed her finger against her cheek again, in that way she often did when in thought. It seemed if Keenan and Aisha didn’t find the boy, this would put a major dent in their plans. It all had to do with Ganon, she was certain, just as certain as Grima. “The first male Gerudo to be born within the same time as Ganon, it’s strange.” She wasn’t surprised the Yiga wanted him for their scheming, she was surprised he existed.

“Keenan and Aisha are out searching for him and finishing up scouting, but I’m with you, it seems unlikely they’ll find him. The Yiga won’t simply let him go, he’d have to be retrieved.” If they did find him, it’d be a miracle.

When he asked how Nessa got there, outside of Gerudo, she grimaced. “From what she told us they just dropped her off in the valley, I suppose they didn’t have any use for her.” It was cruel to take her brother and discard her. She could only imagine the emotions the child had been feeling. That’s why she hoped, for Nessas sake, they stumbled upon a miracle.

"Mm, strange indeed." He sighed, crossing his arms. Before he could speak further on the matter, B interrupted.

"Really scared by what a few idiots blindly groping at the dark are doing?" B-206 asked the two adult rhetorically as the floated near them " These Yiga are a shadow of a shadow of what the Sheikah were nothing more than pretenders. Really their kind used to commit the worst blasphemies in their vanity and hubris. These bandits shouldn't scare you, the kids would do better than them" B-206 finished floating through the two of them and toward the children.

"Scared is not the correct word, and I believe we have every right to be cautious and even worry what the Yiga may plan to do with a male Gerudo child given their supposed…obsession with Ganon. On top of that, their willingness to put a child in harms way by leaving them out here can't simply be brushed aside." Grima responded carefully, making a small gesture towards their surroundings when mentioning the fact Nessa was more or less dumped in the middle of nowhere so as to not spook the horse beside him with sudden movements, said horse seeming to be a bit uneasy. Whether because it somehow sensed B or because it couldn't see but hear it's rider Grima didn't know.

He said nothing else whe the sword spirit phased through both half breeds to return to the two girls' conversation.

Waving slightly to Adagio, Aisha made a for the conversing group, waiting for a break in Atara and Grima’s conversation to step in. “We found her brother.”

Clearing his throat, he said, “The knights have rescued the sleeping prince Saran from his predicament, safe and almost sound.” A pause, his voice lowered as he lay the boy on a blanket. “Other than some ugly bruises and his wound needing to be cleaned he looks to be ok, physically at least. Assuming he wakes up soon I think it’d be best if he mostly rested for a few days.”

She raised a brow, keeping back the smart aleck comment of, “so, where is he?” that almost left her lips. It was best to save any suspicion for later, for now, this was great news. “That’s amazing, how is he? Is he unharmed?” Her question was answered, not by Aisha, but Keenan, who had finally decided to show up. Him and the obvious cut across Saran’s chest.

Her eyes ran over the wound, questioningly, examining the full extent of it. This whole thing; finding the boy, the minuscule amount of wounds. It made no sense. She wasn’t entirely sure if Aisha and Keenan had schemed up something, really, finding him could have been plain coincidence. “Where was he when you found him?”

The sound of giggling reached her ears, Nessa and Uriah. They were somewhere on the other side of the tent: out of sight, but able to be heard if they were loud enough. “Someone should inform his sister too, I’m sure she’ll be happy to hear he’s here and safe.” The family resemblance was obvious, to say the least. Their facial features were strikingly similar and they looked to be around the same age. Twins, maybe?

“If there’s Hyrule Herb around here, I could make a salve with it.” It was more to herself than the other three, the herb was known to be pretty miraculous with its healing properties. Kneeling so she was more level with the sleeping boy, she examined him for more wounds. Any areas that might need attention, after she applied the salve it would do some good to wrap them. “Really, it would be nice if we had a healer.. I’m not any good at that type of magic.” A pause, taking in everything, “and yes, I agree, he’ll need plenty of rest.”

Grima's shoulders relaxed a fraction at the news from Aisha that the boy was found, eyes going to Keenan as he brought said boy over and Atara was quick to look him over once the boy was settled. It looked like a rather nasty scar, but not the worst the wound could be, yet the fact the child was wounded at all wasn't great. At mention of Hyrule Herb, Grima wordlessly dug around a few of the pouches hanging from Val's saddle while mentally going through what he and Uriah packed in his head. He could have at least sworn the two had brought something like the herb along with some of their medical gear for travel. Even so, he made a mental note to also keep an eye out for it in the area for possible use later down the line.

Interactions: Atara and Nessa ( endersheart endersheart )

Mentioned: B ( Karcen Karcen ), Adagio ( Naburius Naburius ), Keenan ( Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight ), Aisha ( Soulmuse Soulmuse )

• B-206
    mentions:

"See just as I thought your brother has been found" B-206 said pointing over to where the sleeping boy was. In her mind she had a comment about the yiga try to do what the gerudo apprently hasn't tried in taking his life, but she held back that. B-206 was trying to not be well overly mean around Uriah. She of course still did want to end but yeah she could hurt adults but kids she didn't want yo hurt.

B-206 had a few things to think about as well. She had acted without really trying to remember what had happened beyond the pain and the dark. She knew she had a life before becoming a sword but why couldn't she remember anything clearly? She remembered learning things, but not exactly when. She knew she had been taught yet why was anything but what happened when she was a sword so unclear? There was something going on fir sure but she didn't know what it was. There would only be one place she could find answers but B-206 didn't want to go there. That ancient forge and vault where she had been thrown into a forge and died and come out a sword. There was more to it there had yo be, but B-206 could not know what had been done to her while she was dead. She also couldn't remember any afterlife, just the pain then waking up as what she was. If B-206 could get a headache she suspected that was what she would be feeling right now.

Healing the boy didn't really matter to B-206 they had him back and he wasn't dead yet so they should just wait. B-206 doubted the boy was in the sane pain she had been in and the only pain she remembered.

" I don't think we will be leaving anytime soon, how about we three go and hunt those frogs " B-206 said figuring that the two girls weren't needed here and that they should be off doing kid stuff. B-206 also wanted to use it to clear her mind.

It didn’t take long for Keenan to come back, carrying Saran, with, notably, a lot less…Malice…radiating from the wound. Atara quickly set to looking him over, asking about his state and where they found him.

“He was just lying in the dirt about half an hour that way.” Aisha pointed in the direction they’d came. “Had that wound when we found him. No monsters…” Aisha cast her mind back, trying to think about things that weren’t magic, and being a complete flipping idiot, “No tracks or anything else, so not sure how he got there.” Her fingers flexed, desperately wanting to be somewhere else.

At the request for Hyrule Herb, Aisha went digging into one of her pouches, before producing at least some of the plant. “Hyrule Herb. It’s a bit old now, but it should still be good.” Passing it to Atara, the disguised woman sighed. “There’s a fair few monsters crawling around, I’m going to go keep an eye out.” That would be a good enough cover for screaming into the darkness, if nothing else. Provided no one stopped her, Aisha did her best to seem professional and composed, and not like she was running away.

Giving Herbs: endersheart endersheart
Lurking: Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Hopos Hopos Takumi98 Takumi98

After having helped Saran detangle his hair, at least once, Nessa was certain anyone with curly hair had a tough time. The curls knotted together in just the right way, it seemed, and, yet, it was beautiful all the same. Through the mess, she adored them.

From Uriah’s point of view, frogs sounded amazing. B made them sound less enticing, but still didn’t sway Nessa from wanting to catch them with the other girl. She nodded, “they sound remarkable, I’d be happy to learn more about them and how to catch them.”

At the comment about the Yiga, she peered up at B’s floating form, “you think so?” She didn’t say much more about it, if the Yiga were dumb; what did that make her and Saran? Frowning at the thought, she looked back over to Uriah. It wasn’t until the comment about Saran that she perked back up, he was here? They had found him? The thought made her so ecstatic, so excited, that before B could say another work she was sprinting towards the other group.

They weren’t that far, causing her to come to an abrupt stop once she made it around the tent. Staring wide eyed at the familiar boy laying on the blanket. “Saran..” she whispered, little droplets starting to fall down her cheeks, “you really found him.” She was almost too cheerful to notice the prominent wound across his chest. Scrunching her face up in disgust when she did, disgust at the knowledge that they hurt her brother. “What did they do to him?” It was an angered question, collapsing to a sitting position on the blanket beside his sleeping figure. She then pulled him into a gentle hug, hoping that even asleep the proximity, knowing they were back together, would calm his nerves.

Atara didn’t answer, feeling that it wasn’t her place since she didn’t know what exactly the Yiga had done. Instead, she took the herb from Aisha and gave her a gentle nod of thanks. Hyrule Herb, old, but potent. She made a mental note to get more after this. They would likely have to freshly dress his wound until it was healed.

Leaving for a second to scavenge an unused wooden bowl from beside the campfire, she quickly made her way back and took a seat away from the siblings. She retrieved her knife from its sheath on her thigh, taking the handle and gently mixing the herb into the bowl. She would need some water to make it into a paste, so it was easier to spread. The herb itself was enough of a remedy without anything additional.

“Grima, you have some fresh water, yeah?” If not, at least Zelo pond was right around the corner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back