• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

FliesandSpiders

A roleplay for ZeeNathan ZeeNathan and I.
The Story

The land of Shevia used to be a mostly peaceful place, until an evil sorcerer decided he wanted to be the one in charge. He took over with all manner of evil servants.
The people of Shevia were unhappy with this so they looked to their most formidable heroes to try and kill this dark sorcerer. To the credit of most of Shevia's heroes they did try and defeat the evil sorcerer, but they did no prevail. But in order to save face one of the good sorcerer's decided to start a rumour; that the evil sorcerer could only be defeated by two people from outside lands. Chosen ones if you will. So the good sorcerer devoted his time to learning the summoning magics to pull people from outside worlds to act as their chosen ones. Many "chosen ones" have been summoned over many years but none yet have managed to defeat the sorcerer. Their failures are explained away in various stories. It has now been many many years and the chosen one story still lives as a conspiracy of the village leaders. It is time for the new chosen ones to be summoned, and this time in turns out to two high school students. Will they somehow prevail or they be defeated like all the others?​

Edie's head hurt. She felt more or less like she'd been run over by a truck. This was perhaps why it took so long to realize she was laying on the ground. She blinked several times and then sat up confused. She was sitting on the floor of what appeared to a small clearing in the middle of the forest. It didn't make any sense, as she was sure she had been walking to school like she did every morning. Her route to school mostly definitely did not take her past any forest. That pretty much left two options; either she had hit her head on something and was currently in a coma, or she was dead. Edie pinched herself.

"Ow,"Edie exclaimed. Well, apparently she was not dreaming if she could still feel pain. Most likely she wasn't dead either. Which meant she was currently in some unknown forest in some completely unknown location. Just great. She decided to just sit there until she could come up with a better plan.

Ryuuto never felt like this in his entire life before. True, he'd gone through a lot of hardship and, this past few years, not a single day felt like a good day. But he can be sure that this must be the worst of them all. His entire body felt like it has been sucked up by a tiny tunnel and forced to fit an gone through it.

"What the-", he said, while rubbing his slightly aching head. The next thing he noticed was his odd surrounding. He was no longer in the hospital like he should've been. There were forest not to far from him and a floor with a fain pattern right underneath his feets. It looks like circles and lines carefully combined with each other. But what alerted him the most was the presents of several cloaked person surrounding him and what it seem to be a girl not too far from him. This is bad..., He thought as he griped his hand, ready to run or fight if necessary.

Edie scrambled to her feet. She had just made up her mind to climb up a tree and see if she could get a better view of the area around her. She couldn't just sit here uselessly, but she didn't want to go running off somewhere without a thought. The seventeen year old girl tightened the ponytail in her long, mouse-brown hair that seemed to have come a bit undone in whatever had happened to her. She wanted her hair out of her eyes as much as possible if she was going to be climbing anything. It was when she was swinging her book bag off her back that she finally noticed that she was not alone.

There seemed to be several cloaked people around here. Very creepy people. Like cult type weird people. They were probably responsible for her being in this mess. Edie decided she wasn't having any of this. So, instead of dropping her book bag to the ground she swung it at the nearest cult-dude. It hit him in the stomach and he crumbled.

"Wait, we just want to-"one of the cloaked people began. It sounded like a woman.

Edie glared at the person who just spoke. She was preparing to swing again.

"Talk!"one of them butted in. "Please just listen to us for a second."

"You better have a good reason for dragging me here!"Edie said, furiously.

Ryuuto silently pick up a rock. This cloaked people surrounding him gave him an unpleasant feeling. They must've done something to him that makes him ended up in this mess. Whatever the reason, he didn't like it and he is in a really bad mood right now. Just when he was about to 'confront' them, he was stopped by the sound of something hitting one of the cloaked person.

Ryuuto was slightly amazed by the girl's boldness. Without asking a question about what happened, she hit the cloaked person with her bag. He can hear the cloaked figured whimpered by the hit and a woman voice come from it, asking the girl to stop her action. She even glared at them and shout to them to stated whatever reason they have from dragging her here.

Ryuuto grabbed on his own hair and stroked it a bit, making his already messy black hair becomes messier than before. Ryuuto stood up and readied his fist in front of him. "I don't care if you are the one who made me arrived here or not and I don't give a fuck about your reasons. If you don't send me back right now, I'm gonna have to use force here." Said Ryuuto. His voice was cold and his gaze was full of anger.

After seeing both of the girl's and Ryuuto's reaction, all of the cloaked people started to move anxiously. "Please wait a minute, sir, miss. We do not mean any harm to the two of you. We are not an enemy. We can assure you that we are not a bad people." Said one of the cloaked figure not too far from him.

He took down his hood, revealing a middle-aged man with long white hair and thick beard. The other cloaked figure followed his action and revealed themselves. Most of them looked like a normal human being but with a slightly odd clothing. But few of them didn't look like human. There are two people with animal ears and tail. The other few has a long ears with sharp edge, like elves or fairy. Ryuuto couldn't help but frowned his eyebrows in confusion.

Edie glanced sideways at the new voice. It seemed to be a boy about her age with black hair. She didn't know who he was, but he was dressed like he came from the same place she did. Which meant that had worked their voodoo on him too. He sounded about as amused as she did. Though they seemed to be greatly outnumbered she was glad to have at least one potential ally.

The seventeen year old crossed her arms over her chest and remained glaring at her captors.

"Alright, you say you don't mean harm....so I'll give you like five minutes to explain yourselves,"Edie said. "Five minutes exactly and then I start swinging."

She didn't relax anything about her position when they started taking down their hoods. Edie was to angry to care that some of them weren't human.

"Well, I'm waiting."Edie said, looking at the middle-aged man. She impatiently tapped her foot.

"My name is Cos,"the midde-aged man said. "This is the land of Shevia. We are, or rather we were a land of peace once until a sorcerer named Liozir decided to seize power with his great army. Many tried to defeat him, but failed into our augurs discovered an ancient prophecy...."

Oh, Edie did not like where this was going.

"....that Liozir could only be defeated by two chosen ones from an outside world. So our people pooled together our magical resources to summon the chosen ones here, which means you two,"Cos finished.

Ryuuto clenched his fist harder at the remark of the man name Cos. Evil sorcerer? Great army? Ancient prophecy? Ryuuto doesn't need all that bullshit. Before he knew it, his was already boiling in anger.

Ryuuto grabbed the front cloth of Cos to bring him face to face with the middle-aged man. His actions was really rude and alerted every other people there but Ryuuto didn't care at all. His gaze was as cold as ice and his voice trembled a bit from trying to control his anger.

"I told you didn't i?! I don't care what kind of craps you threw to me. Keep all of your bullshit to yourself and get me back to my town this damn second!!" He shout, slightly shaking Cos' body.

A blasting sound was heard and Ryuuto can feel his body flying to the back before hitting a nearby tree with a loud bang. He felt a really sharp pain on his back and his vision blurred a bit.

Cos was the one who send him flying just now. By what, he didn't know and doesn't want to know. Everyone there took out, what it seems to be, a long stick with various look and pointed it at him, ready to blast another attack at him if necessary.

He spited some blood out of his mouth and glared at all of them with a flames of anger in his eyes. All Ryuuto care was to get back home no matter what. But he knew we wouldn't stand a single chance against this many people. So he grinned instead, still clenching his fist until the palm of his hands turns white. "Means no harm, eh? You guys are the worst." Said Ryuuto coldly.

The middle-aged man rise his hand at all the people there and made them put away their 'sticks' again, but didn't lowered their guard. "Forgive me" Cos said while putting a really fake sad face that made Ryuuto wants to puke at him. "We didn't have any choice other that using a force for a forces, don't you think so? Please just listen to me a bit longer."

Ryuuto can clearly hear a sarcasm hidden in his tone and his remarked made him speechless. This man must've no shame at all. Ignoring the visible disgust on Ryuuto's face, Cos continued, "You see, even if you told us to, we cannot open the gate back to your world before you defeated Liozir and freed our world from his dark magic. We have been suffering for decades, hoping some heroes to bring peace once again in the land of Shevia. This prophecy is our only hope. You didn't mean to just ignored our suffering and abandoned us to our doom, right?"

WTF?! 'WHO's the one that abandoned who to their death?! It's them! Thought Ryuuto full of anger.

Edith Hathaway

Edie opened her mouth to speak an abruptly closed it again. Ancient propechies and chosen ones? Seriously? She was at a literal loss for words at the moment. She shifted out of the way as the boy suddenly flew at Cos and grabbed the front of his shirt while yelling at him. Then Cos had drawn a staff and had sent the boy flying backwards into a tree. With magic. All of them had magical staffs. Edie felt a headache coming on. She was currently trapped in a world where magic was possible. Because what else could it be?

Edie was pissed and trying very hard not to start freaking out. These guys claimed to mean no harm but they were one hundred percent manipulating them into taking action. What were Edie and this boy supposed to do? Fight these creepy cult guys with the magic when they were very clearly outnumbered? They would only end up be defeated, because they had no magic. So, made no further moves until all of them pulled weapons.

She stepped so she was blocking the front path to the boy with her arms out-stretched. She was blocking(trembling, but holding her ground) the front of him, but some of the ones out towards the sides would still be able to get at him. But at least she was now blocking him from Cos. The white haired man seemed to be the leader of these people. Edie had an idea he might be the biggest threat. Who knows how much damage that throw had already done the boy.

"You know what fine. We'll do this for you okay? Only because you're leaving us with no other choice though....not because we care about your suffering.We both obviously just want to go home,"Edie said.

She turned back towards the boy.

"Look, just don't argue any more okay....we'll figure something out."she said.

Ryuuto knew that the girl in front of him was just wanted to help him. But he can't help getting pissed when she one sidedly decided to go along with that cloaked bastard. He unintentionally glared at her and muttered "as if i have that much patients." under his breath more to himself than to the girl.

The girls decision put a really big smile at Cos's face. "At last, we had come to an agreement. Good choice little missy, good choice." Cos said, still maintaining his disgusting smile. "Now it's getting dark out here in this forest. Let's head to the sorcerer's tower together, shall we? We will fill out every information you needed about this world on our way there. Everyone, let's go."

Ryuuto let out a heavy sigh as he tried to get up, ignoring the sharp pain he felt at his back. He was still angry, no doubt about that. But at this situation, he knew that the best choice of action is silence.

He tried to walks towards the girl, limping, when another cloaked person, a woman this time, approached him with a staff in her hand. "Here, let me heal you." Said the woman and before he could say anything, she already chanting something in a foreign language. Suddenly, his whole body starts to glow with a green light. The pain on his back disappeared without a trace.

But that woman's action didn't make him feel any better in the inside. He still felt like craps. He just nodded at her, not showing any smile, before continue walking toward the girl who look just around his age. "Hey you. I appreciate what you did before. But don't do that again if you are trembling like that. I don't need your concern." Said Ryuuto with a flat tone. He was actually worried when that girl tried to defend him a while ago. That's why he said that. But due to his lack of communication skill and his really bad mood, he unintentionally made it sound rude.

Edith Hathaway

Edie breathed a sigh of relief as the tension resolved itself. Their captors had all lowered their weapons. That was what the young woman had been aiming for. These people needed them to save their world, so she didn't think Cos would have them be killed, but he might rough them up a little. She wouldn't put it past the old man to let them go partially injured on their journey either.

"Great,"Edie replied, somewhat sarcastically. The young woman flashed Cos a smile that was just as fake as his own. She felt she was somewhat justified given the situation. "Well, first question...where exactly is this wizard's tower we're supposed to be going to?"

"South,"Cos said, shortly. He pointed along the way to a little path that was mostly hidden amongst the trees. "We take the secret way. There used to be more paths to the wizards tower but have now been forgotten. We can't just have anyone barging in on our secret hideouts."

With that the old man swept along to the front of the group. Three of his fellows swept along beside him, as his guards.

"Iefer you useless lump get up,"Cos snapped. "Stay on the girl as a guard, and try not to let her take advantage of you again. And someone guard the boy."

The man who Edie had knocked over earlier struggled to his feet. He approached the seventeen year old and extended his arm out towards her.

"Sorry about this. My father may seem like a monster, but truly he is just desperate. Liozor has been terrorizing our lands for a very long time and the longer it goes on the more hopeless it seems ,"Iefer mumbled.

Iefer moved to take Edie's arm, but she shifted away from him. Instead she was watching her fellow captive get healed. Well, at least they weren't completely heartless. He was the only one she semi-cared about in this whole mess. Except now she felt a mounting anger at him, because he seemed to be admonishing her for trying to save him earlier.

"You know what? I don't remember needing your permission to do anything. It's my own business if I decide to use myself as a shield."Edie said, angrily. Her tone of voice got louder."I was trying to diffuse the situation. Obviously, your oh so brilliant plan didn't work. In case you hadn't noticed there are like twelve of them and two of us. All with magic I might add. Did you miss the part where they summoned us here? And obviously they can do much more then that. I evidently got lucky earlier with this idiot."she added, gesturing to Iefer.

"You were supposed to be out longer and stay dazed longer,"Iefer replied.

"Anyway, my point is that I'm not going to apologize for trying to get us not killed,"Edie finished.

Finally done yelling, she turned on her heel away him. The group had finally started to move out. Two of Cos's guard took the lead, followed by the old man himself. His other guard went behind him. The four in the front didn't even seem bothered with those walking behind them, but they seemed to have arranged themselves so the two teenagers were in the middle of the group with some behind them to make sure they weren't straying off.

Walking along, Edie tried not to be impressed by what she was seeing. The little path was clearly leading them deeper into the very heart of the forest. There were towering trees, bushes, and other things all around them. They looked like normal enough things that were found in her own world. Among it all though were numerous flowers that looked like they were would be more at home among a rainforest, in various sizes. The biggest blooming flowers looked as big as a person's head. The animals in the forest that she could make out also looked like nothing she had ever seen before. They seemed to be a like two or three animals from the real world combined together into one.

"So, I guess I also want to know what kind of creatures exist here. Like you seem to have cat people and elves or fae or whatever...but what else?,"Edie said. She addressed this question to Iefer, who was keeping a firm grip on her arm as she walked along.

"We have both. My father and I are elves actually. We do have fae...but they are smaller...more the size of your hand then anything else. We have various animal people too that look human with various animal features. We have dwarves, sirens, humans,nmphs, golbins....um....and the various demon spawn you know."Iefer explained.

Ryuuto was prepared to leave and followed the cloaked people into the forest when he heard the girl yelling at him angrily. He slowly turned around to see her again but was a bit too late. The girl has already walk away from him as if he was the enemy now, not the cloaked figures around them. This left him speechless for a few seconds. He reached out his hand towards the back of his head, sighing loudly before finally following the girl while keeping a distance away from her.

In actuality, he felt kind of guilty from what he had said. The girl's words snapped him out of his anger and made him realized he had said something he shouldn't have. The girl was right, at this situation, they can only depend on each other since they didn't know who's on their side and who's not. But it's too late, isn't it?

Ryuuto felt bitter in his chest. Due to his anger, he had made his only ally angry at him. Even if he said he had a really good reason for being angry, it still won't justify his actions just now. He decided that he would apologize at her when the time comes.

Maybe because he was too immersed at his own thoughts, he didn't realize they had come so deep into the forest. Their surroundings was getting darker and darker the more they walked. The forest were also getting denser, preventing lights to touch the ground of the forest. Ryuuto can feel the temperature dropping slowly. This abruptly made him alerted. Something doesn't feel right.

Seeing him on guard against his surrounding, the cloaked person next to Ryuuto gave him a warm smile. "Don't worry. This is the path we normally took to go to the sorcerer tower. There won't be any danger. I'm Chila, by the way. Nice to meet you." Consoled that person as she introduce herself. She was a woman with a cat-like ears and tail with cute round face. But of course her words didn't get any response from Ryuuto. The only thing Ryuuto did was gave her a cold stare for a few seconds before he completely ignored her. He has decided that he won't listen to any of this people, with the exception of the girl who got summoned with him.

Ryuuto turned back his gaze into the back figure of the girl in front of him, wondering if she felt the same ominous feeling he felt from the surroundings. Years of suffering has made his instinct strong enough to tell him whether or not something bad would happen. It now, his instinct told alerted him to be on guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back