• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Ready Player One/RPO/Ready Player Two/RP2 roleplay, maybe?

tian221

To Sleep, Dreaming
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello everyone, my name is Tian, and I'm a fairly new user of the site without much experience here. If I happen to botch this post or make a mistake somewhere in writing this message, please be kind and let me know!

THE OASIS.
The year is 2040. In a world where society as we know it is crumbling, there is a digital land where all of these problems can be temporarily washed away from your minds: the OASIS. The universe of the OASIS is split into 27 sectors each 10 light hours across, arranged like a Rubik's cube. The sectors have zones that can be any shape and size, and each has different rules/flags. Zones could allow or prevent magic, technology, PvP (Player vs. Player), teleporting, communications, and more. Most corporations in some way or another have moved their market branding to the OASIS, making it an advertisement hub for the billions of players worldwide!

Within this world, however, is a secret. A secret that many have searched for, yet none have come nearly close enough to claiming. The creator of the OASIS, James Halliday, left behind his fortune shortly after his demise. This fortune includes not only a whopping $250,000,000,000 (250 BILLION dollars), but the sole ownership of his company, Gregarious Simulation Systems (GSS), and by extension, the OASIS.

To obtain Halliday's fortune, each player must locate three keys and then challenge the three gates to which these keys belong. However, finding these keys will not be easy. James Halliday was a fanatic for 80's pop culture and gaming. This little easter egg hunt, as he called it, was specifically made to be easier for the people who shared similar interests to his own.

So, tell me, are you ready for an adventure?! Lock in, players!​

I'm looking for a group of people (maybe 3-5) willing to play characters embarking on a journey through the fictional, yet scarily realistic cosmos and planets of Ready Player One! For anyone unfamiliar with Ready Player One, it is a series created by a talented novelist named Ernest Cline as his first work. I sincerely recommend reading it, not just for this roleplay, but for the fun of it. The book is phenomenal and has inspired me to make this post here.

I'm experienced with the series and have a fundamental understanding of both book one, book two, and even the movie, so you can rely on me for lore-related topics!

No hard requirements for literacy, but at least two or more paragraphs per post are encouraged just to keep the immersion going here. Speaking of immersion--- you can watch the movie also! It'll give you a good enough understanding of the world if you don't have the time (or will) to read a book, even if it is encouraged. After enough people have responded we can all discuss how the story and plot are going to work.

TL;DR: Ready Player One roleplay. We're going on an easter egg hunt boys, girls, and everything else! Bring your baskets and make sure to carry a pocket of quarters for the machines!​

Hm. Solid interest but I'm also being steamrolled by Life at the moment so. Cautious interest?

Hello everyone, my name is Tian, and I'm a fairly new user of the site without much experience here. If I happen to botch this post or make a mistake somewhere in writing this message, please be kind and let me know!

THE OASIS.
The year is 2040. In a world where society as we know it is crumbling, there is a digital land where all of these problems can be temporarily washed away from your minds: the OASIS. The universe of the OASIS is split into 27 sectors each 10 light hours across, arranged like a Rubik's cube. The sectors have zones that can be any shape and size, and each has different rules/flags. Zones could allow or prevent magic, technology, PvP (Player vs. Player), teleporting, communications, and more. Most corporations in some way or another have moved their market branding to the OASIS, making it an advertisement hub for the billions of players worldwide!

Within this world, however, is a secret. A secret that many have searched for, yet none have come nearly close enough to claiming. The creator of the OASIS, James Halliday, left behind his fortune shortly after his demise. This fortune includes not only a whopping $250,000,000,000 (250 BILLION dollars), but the sole ownership of his company, Gregarious Simulation Systems (GSS), and by extension, the OASIS.

To obtain Halliday's fortune, each player must locate three keys and then challenge the three gates to which these keys belong. However, finding these keys will not be easy. James Halliday was a fanatic for 80's pop culture and gaming. This little easter egg hunt, as he called it, was specifically made to be easier for the people who shared similar interests to his own.

So, tell me, are you ready for an adventure?! Lock in, players!​

I'm looking for a group of people (maybe 3-5) willing to play characters embarking on a journey through the fictional, yet scarily realistic cosmos and planets of Ready Player One! For anyone unfamiliar with Ready Player One, it is a series created by a talented novelist named Ernest Cline as his first work. I sincerely recommend reading it, not just for this roleplay, but for the fun of it. The book is phenomenal and has inspired me to make this post here.

I'm experienced with the series and have a fundamental understanding of both book one, book two, and even the movie, so you can rely on me for lore-related topics!

No hard requirements for literacy, but at least two or more paragraphs per post are encouraged just to keep the immersion going here. Speaking of immersion--- you can watch the movie also! It'll give you a good enough understanding of the world if you don't have the time (or will) to read a book, even if it is encouraged. After enough people have responded we can all discuss how the story and plot are going to work.

TL;DR: Ready Player One roleplay. We're going on an easter egg hunt boys, girls, and everything else! Bring your baskets and make sure to carry a pocket of quarters for the machines!​
Interested, although I’m wondering if the challenges/obstacles are going to be a little different from the book/movie ?

Interested, although I’m wondering if the challenges/obstacles are going to be a little different from the book/movie ?
For the sake of revitalizing the story (and also throwing curve balls that no one would expect (probably)), why not? We can also have our characters take different approaches to solving the same challenges to provide a similar experience. Alas, I lean more toward a new set of tasks required to acquire each key. What do you think?

For the sake of revitalizing the story (and also throwing curve balls that no one would expect (probably)), why not? We can also have our characters take different approaches to solving the same challenges to provide a similar experience. Alas, I lean more toward a new set of tasks required to acquire each key. What do you think?
I think a new set of tasks is a wonderful idea!

Okay! So I want to take a “we all pitch ideas and contribute to the story” approach, with one main GM (me) but we can all GM our own stories/plots. Is that alright with you? If not, do you have any alternate suggestions? I’m not entirely sure how to make this work.

Question; how fandom-y can we get with this? Both internet subculture and like. Pop culture

Because I have just had the hilarious idea of inter-fandom virtual fistfights during arguments

Question; how fandom-y can we get with this? Both internet subculture and like. Pop culture

Because I have just had the hilarious idea of inter-fandom virtual fistfights during arguments
As fandom-y as we want, brother. As long as it stays true to the premise and seems in-verse enough to happen.

Okay! So I want to take a “we all pitch ideas and contribute to the story” approach, with one main GM (me) but we can all GM our own stories/plots. Is that alright with you? If not, do you have any alternate suggestions? I’m not entirely sure how to make this work.
That seems like a decent idea, though that could lead entirely separate storylines. I think people including their own elements in their posts, like someone introducing a mechanic or concept off-hand, could work.

I'm Interested. :)
I saw the movie but never read the book.
Can our characters's "avatars" be canon characters from anime and vid4o games ( but won't act in character since they are our real world cjaracter's avatars in the Oasis)?

Last edited:
I'm Interested. :)
I saw the movie but never read the book.
Can our characters's "avatars" be canon characters from anime and vid4o games ( but won't act in character since they are our real world cjaracter's avatars in the Oasis)?
Yep! Avatar customization is a large part of Ready Player One.

I bought the movie at a Sunrise Records store in my area today and it cost me at least 5 dollars CAN. A real bargain! I will rewatch it to prepare for the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back