• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ravenwood Academy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Having agreed to stay to talk with after class, Uriah watched as Klaus wiped down the floor. As he attempted to reach for a rag that sat on the Madame's desk he noticed her shoot a glare at him, which prompted him to sheepishly pull his hand back. After Klaus was finished, another Klaus walked into the room with a bag of sandwiches and passed it to him. Uriah grabbed a sandwich out of the bag and passed it back as looked at the both of them. They really were sharing the same soul. He began to understand what was happening with him. "Somehow I was able to survive last year without a group of my own. But right now allies are something that I need as well." He said as he took a bite. "As for my ability," Uriah answered as he began walking to the next class. "I can sense souls. And with it, I think I was able to figure out yours."

The last of the students filed into Jenny's class, and it was time for her to start the lecture. "Welcome to Eldritchology, everyone! Here we will plumb the darkest depths of lore best left forbidden and forgotten. The sort of things that can destroy lesser minds, leaving gibbering lunatics in their wake. Fortunately, we're all strong enough to handle it... right?" With that, the teacher walked over to a small box covered by a cloth. She pulled the cloth off with a flourish, revealing a gray creature with a needlelike proboscis for a mouth, covered in a blue ooze.

"So, who's familiar with the Hounds of Tindalos?"

"You should only really worry about keeping up with everyone else in P.E. and I guess you are correct in that aspect, though I don't like to talk about it much since I didn't get it from talent. I just had a LOT of time to learn many things." Jacob explains with a very tired and annoyed voice. He entered the gym where many students had already arrived and began putting his things on one of the seats. He sat down on one of the benches and looked at all the students. "Ok everyone, I want to make this quick, once everyone or most students arrive, I want you all to start running around the court for like 5 minutes or so." He said this as he took out his list of students and checked off who had arrived and who didn't until he just gave up and put it back before even doing half of it.

SandyMandy SandyMandy

Sam nodded at Blackheart."I've been enjoying my time here. Madame Obliteration's been great so far, and yes she did kill someone. The way she resurrected him was mesmerizing."

Blackheart was talking to another boy about poisons, who was apparently named Malahath. He had a melancholic air about him and didn't seem particularly outgoing. Well, I can understand that.

Soon, everyone arrived, and Blackheart began the class. After her lecture, she revealed a grey creature to them. Hounds of Tindalos? She vaguely recalled reading about it when she had been looking to get a pet. There had been very little information about them in the books she had read.

"I believe some time travellers have encountered them? Though few of them survive their meeting with them."

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Last edited:
A5B25505-D2AF-41A5-B5EF-F346089124EB.jpeg
Zaria has ditched the whole of the morning. It was always so annoying to listen to the same shpeal every year from the hag. She knew how this went. A year of trying to fuck everyone over while not getting fucked over. Either way she was glad this was her last year. Sighing softly as she walked up to the gates of the school. A lollipop hung loosely in her mouth as she sighed and started into the school. She could already smell the mischievous moments she could have. Smirking devilishly as she walked through the halls. All the while wreaking her usual havoc. Kids tripping over shoe laces, spilling things on each other. It was glorious as always for her. Still she quickly grew tired of these halls and longed for more. “This place is so boring!” She groaned as she paced through the school towards her class. Walking by a few of the lower class room she couldn’t help but smile as she stopped just outside one and peered inside. The group was unique, it would be fun to mess with them.

Last edited:
"Very true, Sam." Jenny gave the necromancer a cheery grin. "They are very sensitive to the energies involved in time travel, which makes sense, considering the fact that they can travel through time themselves. They can also use sharp angles as portals. Their reputation is a bit overblown, but not by much, and they are still rather dangerous."

At this moment, the Hound decided to relieve itself all over the tile, causing Jenny to roll her eyes. "No! No! Bad Spot! I honestly thought I had him housebroken! We're going to take five while I clean this up and send him back home. That okay with everybody?" Why me?

Mahalath didn’t expect Blackheart to actually have a live specimen, though it was slightly amusing when the hound peed on the floor. The hound was radiating with disease, which intrigued Mahalath more than the hound itself. Mahalath used his powers to move some of the disease from the creature into a small empty vial he had on him. All the while he did this, and no one would know any of it took place, which was something Mahalath liked in his powers.

Mahalath looked around at the rest of the class, realizing he was the only one at his table again. It had happened so much in his first two years, Mahalath didn’t see why he was so surprised. He looked over at Blackheart and asked, “Do we have a group project today, or can I stay here?”

Shagranoz Shagranoz

*Eldritchology*

Before his very eyes was a true to life interdimensional predator. The kind he'd only heard about in stories. It was as bizarre as he'd always imagined absolutely horrifying in every sense of the word... he needed to take one back to his dorm. God only knows what he could do with an imp and a real life Eldritch horror.

Klaus jumps up and answers, nearly shouting, "Wait, we don’t get to keep one? How did you capture that one? Are you going to teach us how to catch them? Don’t send him back yet!”

*In gym class*

Klaus slides off his standard flip flops and slides on a prototype pair of flops. A pair that he'd been tinkering with all morning. Klaus managed to take a high performance thermoplastic elastomer and push it to the absolute limit. The flip flops are self tightening and the soles are glazed over with a water soluble glue that holds them in place at the bottom of Klaus' Feet. The shoes are custom made to respond to Klaus' lanky awkward stride and boost the energy and recovery forces impacting the leg muscles. Klaus hates being sweaty and avoids it when he can. The sash Klaus wears around his chest is made of a special material that may very well have the highest MVTR of any fabric. He also pops in one contact lens, something he should have done in his necromancy class. This lens allows him detailed readings on his classmates physical characteristics. Thermal readings, heart rate monitoring, reaction time, speedometer, etc, and compiles the information into a list that Klaus can look over at home. It also does the work of detecting incoming projectiles and communicating with Klaus' sash forcing a response through an intercloth communication network. Klaus whips off his favorite red vest and boom. Good enough for gym class. He begins his laps.

*Back at the Dorm*

Klaus pulls the still living Imp out of his backpack, and gently places it on the table. It’s still in pretty good condition. Next to Klaus is a range of freshly sharpened knives, picks, and prods. The Imp has found itself on an operating table and as Klaus ties the Imp’s limbs to the table he yanks at its head, producing another Imp, this one was much more active and alive then the first. “Perfect.” Klaus said to himself as he passes the Imp off to a duplicate. There must have been some kind of spell placed on the Imps to keep them docile. Well that won’t do at all. As Klaus began cutting into the first imp, observing the nervous system of the tiny creature, the second Klaus straps his imp into a tiny chair, placing tiny electrodes onto his tiny head. The Imp struggles to unto the bindings but is too weak. It was going to take a while for Klaus to map the neural network of the Imp, even if they were relatively simple creatures.

Klaus’ studies into the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis have been a success for the most part, and his studies into mechanising the process by which the fungi takes over the minds of its prey have been getting along as well. He now had a strain of Ophiocordyceps that could tamper with the electrical signals of the brain through the release of specific chemicals. It was a work in progress currently only capable of introducing simple emotions. The Imp could be made, Happy, Sad, or Angry. Klaus could then train the Imp the same way scientists train pigeons to tap buttons. By introducing a reward for the completion of certain actions, but this reward would be in the mind in the form of dopamine. All Klaus needed was one successful trail.

Klaus smiles as he cracks through the imps rib cage, viewing the heart of the creature beating rapidly. The organs weren’t anything special, about what he would have expected, Lungs, Heart, Stomach, this should be relatively simple.

"Well, this is the only one I've actually managed to get, and he clearly isn't even housebroken, much less trained," Jenny commented as she cleaned up the mess with an incantation. "It wasn't easy, either. I had to contract to have a perfect sphere built, get it time-traveling, and then stop the time travel when the Hound came in, dodging the whole damn while until I could hit it with a sleep spell. Nearly killed me half a dozen times. I don't suggest you try it, unless you want to be test subject for the Madam's next Necro class. I'll take him around the campus this weekend, let him start getting used to you."

"Now, as I was saying before Klaus so rudely interrupted me, Hound of Tindalos venom has several interesting properties..."

Madison did her laps in silence. She wasn't the worst runner- you had to be quick as a thief learning the trade, because people would catch you picking their pockets and you had to run, but it was hard to feel good about yourself when a couple of speedsters were doing ten laps a second and breaking the sound barrier like it was tissue paper. Still, she was holding her own, at least as far as the normals were concerned. "Hey, Teach, could we do some sparring? It would be nice to have some training if things go wrong."

88F979D6-28DD-466A-8036-9A247DB25E38.jpeg
Vesper

Vesper has as expected been excised from any classes to be able to roam and meet some of the new students. As she calmly floated down the halls, her two dragons happily following behind her, causing a little distress to a few new students, mostly haggling them, mocking them over and snatching back packs before throwing them somewhere and a much smaller dragon resting on her right shoulder. It was there little version of vespers attempt at the sabotage rules. None of it was major enough to get in actual trouble over but it still could cause some unfortunate events.

It didn’t take long before she ended up at the door of the Eldritchtology class and peered in curiously at the class as miss Jenny taught. Figuring she would come in she politely knocked on the door before opening it gently. Floating in a little she looked to Miss Jenny and sent a small smile. “Pardon my interruption Miss Jenny. Would it be alright for me to sit in a little. Watch our new students some?” She requested of the teacher. Her dragons stared in the room behind her, looking over all the people with curiosity, Each one letting out soft clicks and hisses as they communicated with each other
Shagranoz Shagranoz
BB8426AB-E0DF-4673-A50B-9C8F79334E4F.png

As all the students began doing the laps Jacob put the timer so it would last 6 minutes. while he was doing that Madison had asked him a question and he simply responded, "I'll think about it, I don't know how you all want to do it, but I can think on something, for now keep running since it's about to get harder for some of you." Jacob did a very high ptich wistle with his mouth and cloaked figures went inside the gym. "Everyone, keep running, but so you know, these are assassin on training, they are here so they can practice their aim by shooting at moving targets, this should atleast give you an idea of how it feels to be under fire and possibly dodge incoming projectiles." The cloaked figures took out their cloaks and revealed that they were holding FN Scars. "These guns are modified to shoot the rubber bullets, they hurt a lot, but they can't really kill you, just try to avoid them for 5 minutes." Jacob gave of a hand signal for the assassins spread out into area of the gym and begin firing at the students.

Shagranoz Shagranoz SandyMandy SandyMandy

Spot. Sam thought as she looked at Blackheart cleaning up the mess made by the hound. Not the name I would have given it. When Klaus asked where they could get one, she sat up and paid attention. However, she deflated upon hearing Blackheart's words. Well, it's just half a dozen times, Swiftbite made a dozen attempts. Someday, for sure…. She perked up at the idea of taking it around campus.

As the Professor continued, Sam paid attention. Soon however, there was a knock at the door. This school sure does have a significant amount of latecomers. A girl dressed in black entered, and upon seeing what accompanied her, Sam forgot any thoughts about latecomers. Dragons. Real, live, actual dragons. She supposed she should have expected to see them sometime soon in a place like this, but she was still taken off guard. Wait a minute, I thought pets weren't allowed in the middle of class. If they had been, no way she would have left Swiftbite alone.

Slightly annoyed, she addressed the girl "Excuse me, I was under the impression that pets were not allowed in classes."

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

CB4546B3-E8B5-4027-9784-468055B4E2A5.jpeg
Vesper

Vespers attention was pulled to a girl as she questioned her in a slightly annoyed tone about the pets policy, knowing she was referencing to her dragons that accompanied her vesper nodded. “While you are correct yes. Normally pets aren’t allowed. But look at my dragons as more working pets, like a seeing eye dog but there not there for sight. Telekinesis doesn’t mix well with head aches and anxiety attacks, they are here to help me keep comfortable which intern helps keep me from have the issues I told you about.” Vesper explained in a blunt tone to the girl as the two dragons behind her looked to the girl, one letting a soft hiss out while the other clicked a few times in response followed by a low curious growl.

“Now as to the small one well, She’s still in training.” Vesper said as it crawled around clumsily on her shoulder letting out a growl as it leapt from her shoulder and into the air, its tiny wings extending as it glided haphazardly across the room before crashing onto the girls desk with a grunt. Quickly getting up it jolted to face the girl and growled trying to look threatening as a few black sparks escaped from its mouth as it chirped and softly roared cutely at her.

Winchester Winchester

"Indeed. And as for my boy here, he's a teaching tool. I've heard of teachers in more... traditional schools, shall we say, bringing in historic weapons for history lessons. This is no different, just a little more exotic." She gave a curt nod to the class president. "Come in and join us, Vesper. Next time, though, don't be late. Many an evildoer's plan has been foiled not by heroes or policeman, but simple procrastination." With that, Jenny continued her lecture on Hound venom, providing her students with some samples.

Madison nodded when the teacher said they would be working with assassins firing rubber bullets at them. Finally a chance for action! A bullet came at her, but she effortlessly phased through it. "You'll have to do better than that, boys!" Sure enough, she managed to turn into the next shot, which struck her right between the eyes. Me and my big mouth.

After listening to the girl's explanation, Sam nodded. "I see." Maybe I should try making up an illness, so that I can get Swiftbite. I can't take her excuse. Hmmm, maybe I could try saying that if I don't have Swiftbite my side, spirits from the underworld would steal my soul. Or maybe I have an evil alter ego, and my hellhound suppresses it-

Suddenly, the smaller one appeared in front of her, trying to intimidate her. The sparks didn't even touch her, and the roar was barely intimidating. For now. It would one day become pretty dangerous, and probably commit acts of pure evil. I look forward to that. But for now, it's pretty cute. She was about to reach out towards it, but it moved back to Vesper, who went to her seat. Slightly annoyed, she sat back in her seat and resumed listening to Blackheart's lecture.

Soon enough, the bell rang. It was time for lunch, but surprisingly, Jenny joined the students on their way to the cafeteria. Once everyone was seated, she took up a microphone. "Attention, Ravenwood students! How would you like to practice your villainy out in the real world? Well, we've got two chances for larceny on Saturday afternoon.

To start with, the First National Bank is getting a large shipment of fresh bills. All that nice green money, just waiting to be taken. There's also the National Art Museum. Paintings are always great targets for theft, but this weekend, they're having a special display of Egyptian artifacts. What they don't know is that many magical items are going to be out there, and if you want, you can make off with them."

"Here are the rules. Each group can decide how to divvy up the loot amongst themselves, and you can decide which group you want to join. Planning sessions will be held tonight after class. I eagerly await to see you in action." Jenny walked off, wondering what the students would do after that bombshell.

As the bell rang, Sam packed her bags and headed out. That was good, though I like Madame Obliteration's class more.
However for some reason, Blackheart followed them to the cafeteria. After everyone had arrived, she soon gave a speech.

Yes. She thought, as she listened. This is the chance that I've been waiting for. She glanced all the students around her. Do I work with one of them, or should I just use them as cover? If I try to work on my own, I'll be at a disadvantage against a bigger group. Well, I'll decide that later. She got up and began to leave. I'll begin my own preparations for now.

She walked until she found an empty class. She then called out. "Come here, Swiftbite." Suddenly she heard growls, and everything around her went dark. The room became hot, and suddenly he appeared in front of her.

A rush of affection filled her as she looked at him, and she grinned. She reached out her hand, and began stroking his muzzle. He allowed her to for a few seconds, and when he began growling to indicate his displeasure, she let go of him and stepped back. "Go to the National Art Museum, and come back and tell me whether there's any wards guarding the museum." If the genuine and powerful artifacts were indeed present there, there were likely to be protections in place. "Oh, and try not to gain attention to yourself by killing someone" Swiftbite began growling angrily. "Alright, calm down. You can kill someone, but make sure to do it far away from the museum."

Swiftbite growled and nodded, then ran away with a bound. Sam then left the room, and headed back to the cafeteria. As she reached the cafeteria, she heard people talking excitedly about the artefacts present there. One in particular, caught her ear. The Jewel of Seven Stars . She thought excitedly. It once belonged to the ancient egyptian queen Tera, one of the greatest necromancers of her time.

E2BC28B2-2479-4173-B0DA-2AB86AF32145.jpeg
Zaria
She had ditched all first period which had been gym classes. She knew the teacher always had some crazy way to start it all off so she saw ditching as a better option. When the bell had rang for lunch she had started to the cafeteria till she over heard the teacher miss Jenny telling the new class and the student body president about a few options for villainy around town. The bank caught her interest as she smiled at the though. ‘I could use some new stuff’ she thought as she looked over the class once before she turned and started walking off. Intending to ditch the rest of the day and rob the bank before class got out.

33DFB166-3905-4D3D-A288-7D814592A2FA.jpeg
Vesper

Vesper had stuck with the new class until lunch. Hearing the bell ring she got up and started out with the class, her dragons following as they headed for the cafeteria until miss Jenny stopped them. Telling them about the possible robberies that they could do. She immediately noticed a few who jumped on the chance. Zaria another senior in the school who wasn’t part of the class but over heard making her way off as well as the girl who had asked about her dragons from earlier calling upon some demon wolf and telling it to go find out about the museum. Curious about the creature Vesper approached her.
“That’s quite a unique animal. Is it demonic?” She asked curiously as she watched the dog run off
Winchester Winchester

Sam turned to look at Vesper. "It's my hellhound, Swiftbite. There's come in all kinds of shapes and sizes." She remained calm, even though she was caught a bit off guard by Vesper suddenly showing up. I should've paid more attention to who was following me. She hadn't intended for Vesper to find her. I can't have her talking about my plans to everybody.

She glanced at the dragons. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to work with the dragons, I mean, Vesper. "I'm planning on attacking the museum. What do you think about doing it together?" She paused for a moment. "I don't think I've actually introduced myself. I'm Sam Graves, The Black Death"

Jenny returned to her classroom to get ready for the afternoon's lesson. She quickly changed the look of the room once again- now it was dark and creepy, with a plethora of symbols to channel and fuel dark magic. Once again she took a seat at her desk- hopefully it would be more like the last block.

"Hey." Uriah nudged Klaus as the two left the Eldritchology class. "Now that we're allies, it'll be good to get this out of the way. Is there a limit to what you can copy? For example, what would happen if you tried to duplicate a magical item? Specifically one of those artifacts at the museum." Uriah had already started brainstorming his heist. He didn't care much for money though the prospect of having a powerful artifact, potentially an endless supply of them, under his possession more than piqued his interest.

7404B345-4328-49BE-8FB0-4341ED624895.jpeg
Vesper gave the girl a little head tilt at the thought of teaming up before she gently brought a hand to her chin. Using her thumb and pointer finger she grabbed it I thought. Subconsciously starting to float off the ground a few inches. “Well since she announced it publicly.. there will be others and we will be safer and better off with ally’s.” She mumbled before turning back to her and nodding. “Sure.” She said with a subtle smile as her feet slowly touched back down to the ground. Her dragons letting off soft clicks and hisses as they sensed the situation and moved over to the girl. Both getting almost unbearably close as they sniffed her
Winchester Winchester

"Very well. I look forward to working with you." Sam nodded her head at Vesper. The dragons came closer to her. Unable to resist, she petted both of them quickly, before moving her hands away. "Ahem." She coughed. "So, shall we discuss our plans in the evening then? I have to attend Curses right now. Oh, and one more thing before we finish here." She paused for a moment. "Don't reveal our alliance to anybody else, and I will do the same. We both have to agree if we're going to let another person into our plan."

288C03AC-09CD-4943-BE6F-8EA0F5CED356.jpeg
Vesper

Vesper couldn’t help but let out a small giggle as she nodded. “Don’t worry I’ve been at this for a good amount of time I know the rules.” She said softly as her dragons continued to walk around the girl sniffing her and getting a feel for there masters new partner.
Winchester Winchester

"That's good. Well, I have to leave now." However, the dragons were still circling her.
Must resist, must resist, ah, screw it. She gave in and spent the next few minutes petting them. Finally, she disentangled herself from them and left in a hurry.

In Blackheart's class

She soon arrived at the class, murmured a greeting to Blackheart, and sat in a seat.

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back