• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ravenwood Academy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Shagranoz

One Thousand Club
It was a bright, sunny day outside, but within the walls of the world's top school for evildoers, the atmosphere was dark and gloomy. The headmistress, Jenny Blackheart, had found over the centuries that it helped get her students in the right frame of mind. She looked out at the students assembled in the auditorium. We've got a lot of powerful students this year. Could cause a lot of mayhem.

"Welcome to Ravenwood, where we train you to be the best at being the worst! Now I want you to note that we have canceled classes this morning, to get you situated, but afternoon classes will be going on as scheduled. A few of you have asked about cheating and sabotaging other students, and I applaud you for your line of thinking. You are allowed and encouraged to do so, but if you are caught during the act you will be punished. If you can get away with it and provide proof of your actions to a faculty member, however, you will be rewarded. That should get you thinking crime. Now, go to the dorms and put away your things." Jenny turned and seemingly melted into the shadows of the room, reappearing in her classroom. She did have a Demonic Magic class to prepare for that day, after all.

Madison rolled her eyes at the speech. This was her fourth and final year at Ravenwood, and the Headmistress never bothered to change her shtick. Boring your students out of their minds? Now that was pure, undiluted evil. The mutant picked up her duffel bag and joined the throng of students, some of them already separating into cliques and circles of friends. Not that you could even trust your friends in this place...

Where the hell is everyone!?

Boggled? Stricken? Sheepish? Charlie wasn't sure which he was feeling more in that moment, hovering in the open door as his sharp gaze darted around an utterly empty classroom. He knew Chloromancy wasn't exactly the most popular class... not when everyone was more interested in learning the more destructive arts like dark or fire magic, but dammit, at least the teacher should be there! He had to be missing something - unfortunately, not an uncommon occurrence for Charlie. A night owl whose sleep schedule was as predictable as a storm at sea, his first block class was the one he was most consistently late to, and he was really feeling it today.

"Someone's ass is getting kicked for this. I don't know whose, or why, or how, but..." Venting his frustrations aloud to no one in particular, he made an angry squeaking sound as he kicked the wall with the force of a piece of tissue paper. He knew this was his fault, and as the anger inside him quickly quelled, he simply slumped. He could only hope maybe he would weasel his way out of punishment and claim he was where everyone else had been. A task that, of course, necessitated actually finding everyone else. Ugh. Not his idea of a great way to start the day.

Flitting down the empty halls - only a few steps removed from aimless wandering, really - he quickly noticed the rumble of distant footsteps. Is that...? Hoping to confirm his suspicions, he peered around the corner, eyes landing on what was damn near the entire student body flooding the halls. Ah. That's one way to get an answer. An assembly, huh. Bluh. I guess I could have missed worse. Shaking his head clear of worries, he decided he'd try and catch up on what he missed from another student. It couldn't have been too important, right?

Flying into the crowd like a minnow swimming up stream, Charlie found himself so taken by the energy of the scene that he didn't even notice when he flew smack into the face of another student.

"What th- Hey!" Startled and disgruntled, he recoiled, trying to straighten out his now bunched up dress, occasionally glancing at the offender. A human woman, a little on the shorter side, with brunette hair. Charlie almost recognized her, faintly, but then again, there were lots of students here he sorta knew but never talked to.

---

Users mentioned: Shagranoz Shagranoz

Madame Ashely duBois had been too busy attending to her classroom that day to bother attending the assembly. Jenny seemingly couldn't, for the life of her, find a way to spice it up at all. Some blood raining from the ceiling, dancing skeletons, a parade of lost and tormented souls. Something would have been better than the dreadfully uninspiring drivel Madame duBois had heard upwards of fourty times now.

She had been fretting over where to put the model body. After last year's rotted over the summer, (someone forgot to refrigerate it,) the madame had been forced to harvest her own. This year's specimen was a young man in strapping physical condition. A member of the alpha kappa alpha fraternity at some university, she would assume from the obnoxious branding all across his clothes. Well, whatever he might have been before, now he was hanging for display, that her students might better examine the inner workings of the bodies they would be experimenting on. The rooms of the classroom were covered in colourful infographics. The basic 101s of Necromancy, the tenants of Asmodeus, the seven laws of death, and a list of figures who had outwitted or evaded the Grim Reaper among them. A small skull, sat upon her desk, of unknown species or origin. Not even she knew, truthfully, it simply came one day in the mail. The madame likes to think it was a gift.

The chalkboards behind the madame were filled with complex diagrams depicting movements, long phrases in Latin, and even a little Sumerian sprinkled in for spice. The projector sat in the corner, dusty and unattended to. She loathed the dreadful thing, though knew she would have to do battle with setting it up at some point in the year. Desks, neatly arranged in pentagram formation, (as is only proper), sit before her, and on top of each one, a small cooler. The madame cracked her knuckles, smiling wryly as she heard the many footsteps flood the hall beyond her door. The first day of classes was always a joy. They were both a culling, and a chance to meet promising young villains.

Slank stood, unseen by the crowd as the assembly went on. He focused his mind as the people around him shifted, the usual low drone of his images spiking into a continuous screech. So many actions and so many outcomes, he clenched and unclenched his fists, his right thumb piercing the skin on his index finger. That brought him back, as the high pitched ringing of the outcomes subsided he relaxed his shoulders and brought his eyes to the headmistress. She seemed intriguing enough, however she spoke with the voice of someone who has said these things many times before. However the last rule peaked his interest, one who could see outcomes can continuously avoid being caught, this was something he could do. These thoughts sprouted and a thin wisp of a smile played on his lips. As the assembly let out he began running the outcomes of possible crimes he could commit, however it didnt seem like it could be successful in this environment. He sighed and looked down at his schedule for his first class.

If she'd seen the other person coming, Madison would have simply turned intangible. Never hurt to let the freshies know what you could do, and that you were largely incapable of being hurt. Alas, she didn't, and thus, the bump occurred. She turned, only to find a little mushroom man at her ankles.

"Charlemagne Red, right? Seen you around here a few times before, but I don't think we've had an opportunity to work together. I'm Wraith." Madison waved at the tiny criminal-in-training. She found it easier to use code names than real names- made it a lot harder for someone else to give you away when they got caught.

Nove NuVonde Nove NuVonde

"...Wraith?" Charlie flitted backwards, staring up at the young woman with wide eyes, hostility quickly simmering down when he saw the feeling wasn't mutual. Flying a bit higher to be level with her face, he nodded decisively, as though sizing her up. "Right, right- I hadn't realized my named was getting around the school." He coughed, unconvincingly trying to cover up his sheepishness. That was a lie. It was an unfortunate truth that he stuck out like a sore thumb, and he was painfully aware of his reputation for being bar none the shortest guy in the academy. "We haven't, really, though I guess I'm not the type to take the popular classes. This semester, though, I'm taking- uh-"

Twisting awkwardly midair to reach into his backpack, Charlie pulled out a tiny sheet of paper, immaculately hand written - unfortunately, they just didn't print things in his size. "Necromancy! I'm taking necromancy. That's what I have this block, anyways. Seems everyone wants in there. I almost literally had to trade an arm and a leg just to get in. I mean, they woulda grown back, but still!" He huffed indignantly, making an exaggerated gesture with his arms. "Where are you headed?"

---

Users mentioned: Shagranoz Shagranoz

Another year of school, another year Jacob could act like a lazy sack of potatoes. He had arrived late for the assembly missing out on the whole speech, not that it mattered as he had heard it so many times and memorized practically all variations of it. As the students began gathering he pulled out his phone and called the headmistress. “Uhh, ye it’s Jacob here, uhh sorry I arrived late.” Before he let the headmistress talk he hung up the phone. As he walked to his first class he had to give, some students had accidentally bumped into him causing him to fall face first into the ground getting some bruises and even got his glasses broken. He sighed and got himself back up, bruises on his face healing quickly, and with a gesture of his hand he restored his broken sunglasses back to how they were. After a few more minutes he arrived to his first class he would need to teach or at least remain in it so it wouldn’t become a mess, Physics class.

The class itself was not very popular as it was more interesting to attend magic classes than science classes, but science classes could always help when it came to creating doomsday devices or things like that. Most students that came to this class were aspiring Masterminds who would always try to be number one in the class and would cause the class to become a giant debate over who could build the superior machine or whatever. Jacob would always end arguments by firing a couple shots at the roof to shut everyone up so he could resume his class, he would always get scolded by the Head mistress for disturbing other classes, but Jacob didn't mind, it always managed to shut them up.

"Well I hope this year is less painful than the last." Jacob leaned on his chair and put his feet on his desk, waiting until classes would start, or maybe they wouldn't, if they didn't that would be great for Jacob.

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Slank stood at the door to the chemistry class, eyes studying the man inside. He didnt seem like he wanted to be there and to some extent he could relate, however chemistry was an important aspect in making full use of his ability and if he were to rule he had to have the abilities to keep the masses quelled and fearful. The 10 faces of God would see to it that he was safe however there were limits. A good way to keep the people afraid would be a weapon of mass destruction and with the abilities he had he could craft one given a base amount of knowledge. Without another moment he steeled himself and stepped into the class, dropping his bag haphazardly on the ground next to a seat directly in the middle of the class. He pushed the anxiety back as he wasnt used to being alone with someone, and awaited more people to come in eagerly as to blend in amongst them.

"Ah, necromancy. Yeah, it's been pretty popular this year, for some strange reason. People are just dying to get in that class!" Madison laughed at her own terrible joke. "I've got science next. I'm a mutant- that whole magic schtick isn't my thing. I think I might do some extra time in the lab this year, get to building my own contraption. Well, I'll see you around." With that, Madison phased through the wall and into the science lab.

Sure enough, the teacher was already there, looking as disinterested as ever. Why Ravenwood couldn't get one of the hyperexcitable lunatic scientists, she didn't know, but at least Mr. Boring was predictable. Madison took a seat next to a boy she didn't know. Probably a new kid. "Hey there. I'm Wraith. Mind if I ask who you are?"

Damian Mountainwreath Damian Mountainwreath

Solirus Solirus

Slank jumped slightly as the door opened and a older girl stepped inside, he was overtaken by a feeling of dread as she made her way over to him and took her seat next to him. At that moment he realized hed been staring and blinked, "Slank. The er, the names Slank." He spoke with an unease of one who hasn't been approached often, he studied her for her reaction, the outcomes seemed unclear at the moment and this bothered him.

Jacob noticed both of the students talking to each other. "Hey, your name is Slank, was it, are you a new student here or something? I can't rember everyone" He looked at Madison, "Well except for Madison over there, she's special, so be careful with her." He leaned from his chair a bit too much and fell backwards.

Damian Mountainwreath Damian Mountainwreath
Shagranoz Shagranoz

Last edited:
He opened his mouth to say something, but as soon as he had, Wraith, as she had introduced herself, was gone. Charlie closed his mouth just as soon, folding his arms and frowning. Gone, like a wisp of smoke in the wind. "Positively charmed," he quipped aloud to no one in particular, rolling his eyes. Well, he supposed that was his cue to get to his own class, and he fluttered off back into the throngs of students to make his way to... uh...

"...room C236? But that's-!" Section C200 was on the entire other side of the school. Perfect. Even better. He grabbed at his hair, only a sliver away from tearing it all from his head, but just as quickly forced himself to calm down. He'd woken up late, he'd had more than one embarrassing slip-up, but that wasn't going to ruin him. It couldn't get any worse, after all, right? No - he assured himself, as he flew down the hallways, that this was all trivial. He'd be fine. Fine! Besides, necromancy of all things couldn't possibly be dull. If there was one thing that would bring a smile to his face, it was dead bodies.

A spindly, hollow looking woman sat in the back of what would be among his classes for the next semester: a certain Madame Oblitération. Despite her physique, she looked positively giddy, and he couldn't help but find that attitude contagious. As he landed gently on one of the many desks, he pulled some tangled contraption out of his backpack, and unfolded it into an even smaller desk of his own, setting up atop the strange box before him. A... cooler? Now that was intriguing. He looked around, first for other students, then up at the instructor. "Er, hello...?"

---

Users mentioned: Luna Lullaby Luna Lullaby

"I wouldn't sit on that, if I were you," Madame duBois' lips stretched into a stiff smile as she watched the awkward fairy's entrance.

"There's an imp within, and I highly doubt it is all the way dead, so to speak," Hummed the Madame, adding an additional character to the end of an invocational phrase on the blackboard. "They so rarely ever are. You are... Monsieur Charlie, non? It is not often my department sees fairies. I had been under the impression herbology was more your kind's... speed, so to speak. But, I will not turn away an eager student."

The Madame set down her chalk, stepping back to examine the incantations on the board. Yes, that should cover just about everything, and just in time too, it seems... She brushed her hands off on the rag hanging beside her desk-- careful to avoid the blood rag that would doubtless be seeing plentiful use this year.

When the work was done, the Madame turned about face, watching with a keen eye as students began to trickle in, eyeing the coolers with interest, concern, and in at least one case, excitement.

Azalea was toward the back of the auditorium for the assembly. She listened closely to the Headmistress' speech. When she heard about the whole sabotaging system she was glad for once that she didn't sleep. She was the sort that was very attached to her stuff. As this was Azalea's first year, she was completely unaware of the fact that Headmistress Blackheart was reusing her speech.

As the assembly came to an end and the Headmistress left Azalea started to drift out of the auditorium. Instead of going to an aisle and out a door she briefly became incorporeal and slipped through the back wall. With that she started to work her way to her first class, necromancy. She had scouted out all her classrooms already, so it wasn't too hard to find.

Azalea entered the classroom through the door and caught the professor's response. It appeared that she was talking to a fungus fairy student. Azalea looked around at the coolers with newfound interest. She had never worked with imps before, and she hoped that they weren't too difficult. The teacher wouldn't give them something difficult on the first day, right? Well, it was a school of evil. Azalea took an approximation of a seat at a desk and glanced towards the teacher, who she suddenly realized she had forgotten the name of. She didn't know if she should ask or not.

"Hello, Professor."

"You will address me as Madame DuBois, Madame Oblitération, or Archduchess DuBois III of Avignon, mademoiselle," the Madame turned to smile at the new arrival, not unkindly.

"You look nervous, mademoiselle. Do not be, there will be no resurrection today. I do hope you all brought pens and paper," the Madame turned to address the class at large. "I am more fond of practical necromancy than lecturing, but as this is advanced Necromancy, there is at least a degree of theory we must cover."

She waved away the couple groans of discontent, and reached beneath her desk, pulling out a small plastic bin filled with steel mallets.

"At least try using codenames, teach," Madison said with a roll of her eyes. "Don't mind him, he's utterly worthless," she told Slank as she started idly sketching plans for an ion generator. It wouldn't do anything on its own, of course, but it could be used to power all sorts of wicked devices. "So, what do you do, Slank? Telekinesis? Mind control?"

Jacob lifted himself back up from his chair and placed it how it was previously. "Well, I guess wraith isn't too bad of a codename, I've met students who call themselves dumber things because they think it's cool." Jacob sat back down in his chair. "There is still a while before class starts and today I'm feeling a bit kinder, so I'll cast a vote to determine if the students want to either go with the usual class or begin creating concepts for their project or whatever you want to call it since everyone in this class wants to do that." He got up from his seat and began writing on the chalk board on what the students would prefer to do today.

Not one for wasting time, is she? Sam thought, as she saw the Headmistress vanish into the shadows as soon as she finished her speech.

Cheating and sabotaging other students huh, glad I gave up on trusting others. She headed towards the dorms. She dropped off her stuff there and began heading towards Madame Obliteration's class.

While Sam was not one to be star struck, it was hard not to admire such an accomplished necromancer, someone who had once nearly brought an end to the Soviet Union. I hope I can gain a lot from her.This is what I'm here for after all. she thought as she rounded another corridor. It won't be too long before Ash and the Order lie dead at my hands. But not before I have some fun with them. She began smirking. I'll make sure to stab them with Nethersbane multiple times. Oh, and I can't forget to let Swiftbite eat her feet, he had tried to get at them for so long. Well, this time, he'll get them, and more. Hey, maybe he'd like her heart too, and her spine, and her-. Wait a second, where am I? Sam came to an abrupt halt. She soon realised she had no idea where she was.

Damn it, I can't be late on my first day. She looked around. No way in hell can I ask one of these guys. Who knows where they'll end up sending me too. Well, how hard can it be too find it?

Very hard,
She realised, as she kept walking. Well, no choice but to ask someone-. "...room C236? But that's-!" She turned at the mention of the class she was supposed to be in, and saw that it was said by some small mushroom-like creature. It began to fly down the halls. Sam began to follow it, barely managing to keep track of him. However, she finally lost sight of him. Well, I can't be too far. She began searching around. After what seemed like hours, she finally found the classroom. As she headed into it, just in time to see Madame Obliteration holding a plastic bin.

She cleared her throat and addressed her "I apologise for being late, Madame Obliteration. Please excuse my tardiness."

Azalea nodded her thanks. She was happy to hear that it would be a lecture on theory today. The theory was the best part. Without hesitation she pulled her already packed bag out from her pocket dimension and got out paper and pen. At the sight of the mallets, Azalea moved her note taking tools to the side of her desk so that she had room for more practical work. She had to wonder what they would be using mallets for. Azalea was more of a scalpel person herself.

With that thought, Azalea pulled her small set of basic surgical tools out of her bag, though she left it unopened incase it was unneeded. It contained most of the tools a young necromancy could possibly want or need.

The Madame smiled as kindly at the new arrival as she had the ones before, eyes shining mischeviously. "Oh, there is no need to worry, mademoiselle. This is the first day of classes, after all. It's only on day two that I begin eviscerating unpunctual students." Her tone offered no hint that she was joking.

"The last few stragglers are just coming in now. Please, take your seat." She gestured to an empty spot near the front. A spot directly in front of her. The splash zone, as it was known by her former students. Her gaze lingered on the door for a moment, before clearing her throat and turning to address the class.

"Greek Philosopher Morticulus said, 'Necromancy is the one gift that Hades bestowed upon the Earth," She stepped forward, hands firmly clasped together at the small of her back as she examined the starry-eyed would-be-villains before her. "And that failure to use that gift well would be the end of all civilized society. Well, as you may know, Emporer Romulus' refusal to resurrect the corpses of the Roman soldiers of the Punitive Wars, despite his sorcerer's insistance upon it, lead to Rome being obliterated by Odoacer and his barbarians." The Madame clasped her hands together, canines as sharp as knives glinting in the flourescent light.

"In the dark ages to follow, necromancy was shunted aside, cast into the shadows as an accursed majick. I, however, choose to believe that it is a wonderful mixture of science and art. An expression of emotion and spirit, tied with complete understanding of the principals of biology and, of course, arcane lingualism. In this course, we shall be examining reanimation using classical Greek, Latin, and Sumerian styles. Later in the year, perhaps, if we have time, we can start on voodoo for those who plan to take the 301 course next year. Though I will say, most students.... struggle with it. Now, for this first week, while we shore up your invocational dictions, and examine the early history of necromancy, I would like to touch upon an extremely crucial part of necromancy that is more often than not ignored by practitioners of the art." The Madame placed a hand onto a cooler of her own, undoing the latch.

"A shambling, rotting corpse is of no use to anyone. They're slow, unable to adapt or think for themselves," As she spoke, the madame lifted the lid of the cooler, and with one hand pulled out the spindly, bony imp within. It was limp in her hands, goblinesque features pulled stiff by rigor mortis. "In a pinch, a corpse in any condition will do, yes, but to achieve the best results, one must care for their cadavers. Primitive necromancy operated by using telekinetic majicks to literally animate the corpse, without reanimating it." She chuckled, laying out the imp on the prepared steel table in front her. With the tenderness of a mother, she gently shifted its limbs into a neutral position, laying peacefully, as though sleeping. "But modern schools of thought prefer to gently place a spirit back within the body-- be it the body's original, or another. I personally prefer to go the extra mile and find the original soul... No one knows a body as well as its original owner, after all. The first step is, of course, ensuring that your corpse is actually a corpse. We don't want a Romeo and Juliet situation happening now, hm?" The Madame gently lifts a small mallet from the bin beside the body. "There are few ways to check if something is truly dead without harming the body beyond a point where it is usable. While an advanced necromancer may be capable of repairing any damage they do during this process, you, most likely, are not. So, be careful." As the madame finished speaking, she delivered a swift and brutal thwack to the skull of the imp. It twitched somewhat, but otherwise remained still.

"Do the same to your own imps, and once you have done so, take the time to examine it for signs of rot, rigor mortis, fungal growth... etcetera. Your homework for this week will be caring for this corpse. You must find creative ways to combat rot, maintain appearances, and keep it usable for seven whole days. At the end of the period, we shall be reanimating them, so, take care of your corpse! And s'il vous plait, for the love of all that is unholy, do not embalm them! A necromancer's greatest enemy is that accursed process, it makes perfectly good corpses completely unusable! Ah, la vache." The madame set down her mallet, and watched the students set to work.

Carefully moving his desk to a lower position, Charlie quickly made himself comfortable and settled in for the lecture to follow. Frankly, he barely understood half of what was being said, like whatever the hell a "hay-dees" was supposed to be. All the same, Madame DuBois had an almost theatrical quality to her voice that sucked him in, as if every word was of grave importance... in more ways than one. The way she gestured to punctuate every word, her phrasing chosen perfectly to enthrall onlooking students. In a way, he felt nearly enchanted by the whole spectacle, certainly something special seeing as how fae folk were known for being resistant to charming.

As she talked, he turned between the last minute students who had funneled in shortly before her spiel. One of them he recognized, albeit not in name. He'd seen her around the halls, sometimes talking. Abby? Azula? Something like that. Despite the somewhat ominous garb, he of all people wasn't in a position to judge based on looks, and she seemed friendly enough. Conversely, to his other side was a young, dark haired woman he couldn't say he recognized as much, though maybe that was only because she wasn't quite as recognizable. She looked more than a little excited, and he bit his cheek wondering if she had taken this class for a specific purpose. Many did, but prying unfortunately didn't get anyone anywhere in a place like this, except maybe six feet under.

His wandering observations came to a halt when he realized the madame had stopped talking, and Charlie shook his head free of idle thoughts as he brought himself back to the present. His brow furrowed as he quickly realized, from the demonstration up front, that this was going to be a tricky one. "Uhm...?" There was a brief moment where he came dangerously close to raising his hand, but he just as quickly resolved to do this himself. He couldn't embarrass himself on the first day... that would simply be too much for him. Instead, he fluttered up atop his cooler, and started tugging with tremendous effort.

"Nnng-! Why!" Charlie's tiny voice squeaked and strained as he tried to lift up the cooler lid that weighed twice as much as his whole body. By the time he had managed, he looked around sheepishly to see that the entire class had not only had no problem, but were already fiddling with their respective cadavers, while his still laid cold in the bottom of the cooler. That body might as well have been a one ton boulder at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. He sighed deeply, finally admitting defeat. "Somebody? A little help?"

---

Users mentioned: Luna Lullaby Luna Lullaby Endless_Stars Endless_Stars Winchester Winchester

Azalea quickly moved to the front of the room and retrieved a mallet, returning to her desk carefully. She easily opened her cooler and pulled out the imp inside. It dangled limply; it's limbs weren't that stiff. Suddenly nervous, she gently laid the imp down and lifted her mallet. The little monster twitched in a small spasm. Azalea hated this part. She always did it wrong. The young lich had a sudden, speculative thought. She put her mallet down. (There was a small part of her that worried that Madame DuBois would get mad at her for doing things her own way, and that was terrifying).

Azalea mimed taking a deep breath, and gently placed a smoky hand on the head of the imp, her fingers wrapping around its small skull. Instantly she could feel it, the faint life-force of the almost-but-not-quite dead creature. It wouldn't take much effort for her to snuff it out; a lich's touch naturally pulled the life-force out of things and the imp still lived only because she was concentrating hard. What would be difficult would be to remove the life-force without causing the flesh she touched to rapidly decay. With a deep breath, Azalea let her tight control of her now-natural magics loosen slightly. The imp's life-force didn't even sputter before disappearing completely.

Azalea pulled her hand back and looked down at the now-corpse. It didn't look like there was any decay, but there could very well be rot under the skin. She couldn't remember if she even knew a spell to check for that. That was when she heard the struggles of the fungus fairy beside her. She looked over, and saw his issue. He couldn't move the body. She cast a general preservation charm. It was the sort that even with multiple castings would not keep something for more than a few extra hours. Her imp would keep for the few minutes it took to help him.

"Um, uh- I could- I could help?" Azalea stuttered, getting up from her seat.

Carefully, Azalea lifted the imp and laid it out on his desk for him. She had a sudden rush of anxiety as she realized she hadn't really asked. But he had asked first. But what if he didn't want her help? Azalea's mind spiraled for a moment, her form flickering with purple lightning for a second before she stabilized. She took a deep breath, air actually being moved this time. She could do this, she could be a spooky lich that didn't freak out over little things.

"Is that good, uh, Charlie?"

Klaus woke with a start.
"Bro, maybe keep it down? Some of us are trying to sleep!" Klaus shouted.
"Yeah? Well maybe some of us should be helping instead of sleeping?" Klaus shouted back.
"Hey, hey you two, we agreed to take shifts, no need to get testy. Besides, we're almost finished!" Klaus steps between the fighting Klaus' and takes a mediator role.
"You're right Klaus. I lost my temper, I'm sorry Klaus." Klaus says, getting out of bed. "That's alright Klaus, you know I could never be mad at you!" Klaus shouts, tears welling in his eyes. The two hug each other passionately. Klaus looks on, proudly. Nothing like bringing people together. Especially when the people are you.
Klaus' bed, in his dorm room, was filled with clones. Duplicates more like. Luckily Klaus managed to trick the admins to let him share a dorm with his "Twin brother." This gave him a lot more space to work, and he takes up a lot of space. Each Klaus was working on a gadget or trinket to sell on the black market.The Lil' Geppetto name was a mark of quality in a place where trustworthiness was in short supply.
"Wait a minute..." Klaus said aloud to the room. "If I'm here.... And I'm there... and there..."
All at once the room yelled simultaneously, "Ahhh, which one of us is in class!" and then "1.2.3 not it!"
"Damn it!" Klaus shouts, "I'm always it!"
"That's because you're slow, now get to class, ya dongus!" Klaus shouts, banging away at some machine with a hammer.
And with that, Klaus grabs a backpack and heads out the door, sure to be scolded for being late on the first day. He heard through the grapevine of the unusually large number of students in the Necromancy class this year, must be a lot of magic users. He'd have to start working on enhancement tech to get ahead of what was sure to be a popular market.
"Let's see, where am I headed."
His expression shifts dramatically. "Advanced Necromancy... oh lord, please help me."
This may be Klaus' first year at the school but the one thing he's learned is that Madame Ashley hates it when students are late... maybe she'd be lenient to him since it was the first day? Even if it meant inflicting half of the punishment he'd heard of her inflicting... welp...
As he heads to A.N. he sees that there are many students already inside... great. He's really late. They seem to be in the middle of a workshop or something, the students are being given weird green creatures to work with... ew. But also... cool. But also... Klaus needs one... or ten... twenty.
He steps into the room, the class falls silent, or maybe Klaus it's just in Klaus' head. As soon as Klaus sees an opportunity he takes it, he can feel the Headmistress' annoyance.
"Oh, Madame DuBois! Madame Oblitération! Archduchess DuBois III of Avignon!" Then with the best french accent he could muster. "Mademoiselle..."
"Allow me to earnestly apologize for my crimes. Yes crimes! Crimes against this most sacred institution of learning but, more importantly, against you and your kindness! For that you would share your lifetime of wisdom with us mere students is more kindness then I can fathom!" Klaus punctuated each sentence with some dramatic gesture, this last one ending in a bow. He looks up, willing to accept the immediate embarrassment of his peers to the pain of whatever punishment The Madame could inflict upon his soft clone body.

Hearing the Madame's words, Sam simply nodded and went to her seat. She was pretty sure that the professor would most likely follow through on her threat, and had no interest in provoking her any further.

She paid rapt attention to the professor's words, even though she already knew what the Professor was talking about. Her manner of speaking was certainly captivating. As soon as she was done speaking, Sam went to work. She got the mallet, opened the cooler, and pulled the imp out. Upon checking it, she was satisfied to see that the imp was dead. She began murmuring spells, and started going over the body and removing rot wherever she could find it.

However, she was soon interrupted by the cries of help from the fairy next to her. As she was deciding whether or not to help him, the Lich beside him started stuttering and moved over to help him. Since that situation seemed to be in hand, she returned to her work.

However, the door opened again and another student entered. He began to talk, and it looked like the Madame was steadily getting annoyed with what she was hearing. I didn't think I'd get a chance to see her in action so soon. Excited, she began to look at them avidly.

Madame Ashely duBois remained still as could be as the new arrival writhed pathetically before her. She nodded, slowly, when he had finally finished babbling, and began reaching into her coat.

"Now, I believe that I said earlier I only begin killing late students after the the first day." She slowly pulled out a small pistol, cocked it, and shot the boy through the head. She closed her eyes as his body hit the floor with a thud. "It appears that I will have to rescind on that promise. But, from all failures, comes an opportunity to learn." She waited for a moment, opening her eyes to watch the blood pool around his limp body.

The Madame snapped about face, turning back to face the class with a small smile. "Tools down for a moment. This young man has presented you all with a unique opportunity to witness something quite special," The Madame's tone was practically giddy, and she slipped the pistol back into her suit as she spoke.

With a flick of her wrist, the young man's corpse slowly began to squeak across the ground towards her. Once it had reached her feet, (leaving a dark smear of blood across the tiled floor), the madame crouched down, and pulled two latex gloves from her pocket. They made a snapping sound as she pulled them on, adjusted them for comfort, then set to work.

"Modern media would love you to believe a zombie without a brain is as good as re-dead. And while yes, it is true, for ordinary reanimations, performed by ordinary necromancers, a destroyed brain would broker poor results. You would be left with a shambling thing, incapable of thought. But, I am not an ordinary necromancer."

A piece of chalk flew into the Madame's hands, with which she began tracing a complex arcane circle around the corpse in front of her.

"We will be fusing necromancy with restorative magic, to both undo the damage from the bullet and return him to as close as he was before. I shall be leaving the bullet in his head, however, if only to teach him a lesson as to what happens when one interupts an ongoing class." She couldn't help but snicker. This was always her favorite part.

Her chalk clicked and whizzed across the tile, with the precision and coordination of an artist. She etched runes into the edges of the circle, connecting them with shapes and lines that intersected in seemingly random ways when viewed individually. From the perspective of a seat in class, they almost seemed to resemble a spiderweb, stretching around what was currently a corpse in intricate, interwoven ways. The lights in the room began to dim of their own accord as the circle became more complex, draining the energy from the air around it. A soft, pale, sickening light eminated from the runes on the circle, pulsing to the rythm of an unheard melody.

The Madame rose slowly, hand outstretched over the body. She began to whisper in a chorus of innumerable voices, paradoxically both inaudible and completely discernable in every corner of the room. A hand shot out over the body, completely steady as strings of red fibre began descending from the fingers, stretching down. The ends of the threads wrapped slowly around the corpse's limbs and torso, lifting it slowly into the air. The blood, smeared across the ground, suddenly began to quiver, and then move.

"The queasy among you might want to avert your eyes," The Madame practically sung, glowing the colour of a setting sun. Her skin was awash in the light of the underworld, her eyes aflame with the mad passion such (admittedly utterly unnecessary) passions dictated. The body's blood began to take shape, and with sickening insistance, began forcing its way back into the bullet hole. As it did so, the wound knit itself shut with incredible speed. After just a moment, there was no hint that the boy had ever been shot through the head, save for the blood that seemed abstinently stuck to his face. The circle of chalk quite suddenly caught fire, green flames licking at the floating body's underside. They gave off no heat, instead filling the room with the cold of the grave, and the smell of raw gasoline. The threads of light from the Madame's fingers pulled the body into a standing position, and the Madame pulled her hand away with a flourish.

"And.... voila! Un garçon renaît!"

The flames sputtered out, and the boy's soul was back in his body.
The boy was alive again, albeit probably a little dizzy. Resurrection was a messy affair, the Madame had undergone such a process several times during the French Revolution. "Now take your seat. And, you will be staying after class to help clean up. The rest of you, get back to work!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back