Other Ranting Over my Longest Standing Problem on this Site

Silver Wolf

Something Random
I CANNOT HOLD A FLUFFING GROUP RP! I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE THROUGH AND IT TICKS ME OFF!

I tried joining RPs, dead; I tried making RPs, dead; I've tried making hosted projects, almost lived but they're dead. Point is I cannot seem to get any luck with a group RP and want to smash something because of it. Too many people lack failsafes incase they vanish, too many people are not dedicated, not enough people use the failsafes I TRY to make and TRY to push, and god no...no...NO! I just need to let it out now. Please RPN, let me vent my frustration to the sky.

What finally broke my back to make a rant was the recent RP I attempted to make: Fire Emblem Awakening (Rp Rewrite). I want to do this SO badly, but no one is interested. THis isn't new for my RPs, someone vanishes and I wait a week, but nothing happens. I try to be generous about time so I don't feel like a heartless ass for kicking people off for vanishing without warning, but by god I've had it trying to be nice on this site. At the rate I'm getting possibly dedicated people for my new RP in the last few days which has been a grand Par hole 0 I won't even be able to start!

I am done with this BS and I need to let it loose. I hate this about RPN, I absolutely hate it with a passion. You go to interest checks or wherever and you TRY to get people to join and then you have to start early because you don't want to BORE them to death waiting for a few more people! It utterly sickens me. The work I go to try and get people interested in a fluffing plot. Xenologue chats, no one uses them; staying active, I failed; trying to get a GM in the business, no one tries!

I sometimes contemplate quitting RPN because of this issue, but I know I have 1x1s...well one active one ATM ;-;

Next time I'll return my open mindedness and try to join more RPs with HOPEFULLY interesting plots & don't die. Until then, I need to think about making a PM exclusive group RP because I am losing hope people. I am losing my hope in the ability for RPN to give me some joy in the realm of Roleplaying, I've managed to be part of better areas on Fanfiction.net...

Hey what roleplays are you in?
I'm online everyday but with spring break around the corner (and a chance to catch up in my computer class) I can participate in more RPs :D

Yeah, I've noticed that most people don't join an interest check. However, when I post the finished project with detailed information along with an OOC chat thread, people seem to join. I wish I could do an interest check first, but I just do the finish product, since people don't typically respond on interest checks.

When I made hosted projects, role players just joined instead of posting in my interest checks. I don't mind that, but it shows how little interest checks attract individuals compared to the finish product.

I guess in relation to your rant, I think it is difficult to attract role players unless the role play has already started.

Regarding individuals vanishing, it is best to network to find individuals who are dedicated in role playing. People are going to flake unless they put in effort for the group role play. Maybe have something for the role players to do while waiting for more role players?

Last edited:
Yeah, I've noticed that most people don't join an interest check. However, when I post the finished project with detailed information along with an OOC chat thread, people seem to join. I wish I could do an interest check first, but I just do the finish product, since people don't typically respond on interest checks.

When I made hosted projects, role players just joined instead of posting in my interest checks. I don't mind that, but it shows how little interest checks attract individuals compared to the finish product.

I guess in relation to your rant, I think it is difficult to attract role players unless the role play has already started.

Regarding individuals vanishing, it is best to network to find individuals who are dedicated in role playing. People are going to flake unless they put in effort for the group role play. Maybe have something for the role players to do while waiting for more role players?

LOL, I did that. I made a Xenologue chat where they could RP in character with no worry to the plot. I wouldn't care if the heroes and villains were in a mixed bath at a hot spring. It just never gets used...

Hey what roleplays are you in?
I'm online everyday but with spring break around the corner (and a chance to catch up in my computer class) I can participate in more RPs :D

LULZ, they're both Fandom's. One I predict is going to die because the creator is very inactive (Akame Ga Kill: Hunters of Dawn) and mine called Fire Emblem Awakening (Rp Rewrite) is just recruiting so slow that I don't have a single active member yet. After like two or three days!

I've been RPing since like 2012, started out on Miiverse, then moved here. I think in my entire RPing career, I've only completed, like, one rp. I always go into an rp with the idea that it's gonna simmer out eventually at the back of my head

LULZ, they're both Fandom's. One I predict is going to die because the creator is very inactive (Akame Ga Kill: Hunters of Dawn) and mine called Fire Emblem Awakening (Rp Rewrite) is just recruiting so slow that I don't have a single active member yet. After like two or three days!
Damn, I'd join but I'm not familiar with any of those lol

Let's hope with this update, activity may increase. I mean, I've already gotten more people interested in my RP after the update than before. Let's just hope that's because of the update.

this is a common problem, but not just on RPN. And it´s not your own either. It´s something basically everyone goes through, that 90% of all RPs at least die like that. If I may give my opinion now, I believe the issue at the heart of this is the mentality with which RPing is approached. People often seek immediate fun from it, they want this hobby to be effortless and 100% entertaining at any point... However, given the nature of the medium that is seldom possible. People will join and leave on whims, rather than foreplanning or consistency they want to attempt at randomly creating individual scenes or posts that are just amazing like that, etc... Don´t take me wrong: RPing is a hobby and is supposed to be fun, and individual posts should strive to be amazing in their own right. However, the impulse for things to be immediately amazing and imediately fun 100% of the time, with no need to give things grand effort and forethought is an ideal that, sometimes without even realizing it, people follow too much and too frequentely, resulting in a constantly fleeting, disappointed and hardly dedicated or compromising roleplayer base.

I've never actually done a group rp, it actually kinda terrifies me and makes my anxiety go nuts...How do you know when it's your turn to post? I know I probably over think it...but that's why I never joined one. O_o I wonder if I should try it at least once though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back