Other Random question of the day

Cereal, then surrounding it in milk until ending at the center.

What absolute maniac goes milk first?
That's just dry cereal you'll have to wait to get wet LOL.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

Did the COVID-19 pandemic leave you with any mental health issues? If so, have you managed to overcome them, or if you're still dealing with them, how do you cope with them?

Not especially.
Just a few years before, I went through chemo to where my immune system was gone, making the world just about as dangerous. Even after treatment I was still very anxious about germs and such, enough to where by the time COVID around, it was basically the same lifestyle I'd already been living. I was just thankful I could do it at home instead of in the hospital, like I'd been doing a few years back. Didn't change a lot.

So COVID wasn't a problem, but cancer was. I don't know if that counts.

I think I did see this at some point before. I had a week of vomiting and that's about it. The worst I had to deal with was being bedridden again but only for that period with an unused litter box to blast off into next to me, then sucking down alot of water that would inevitably get stuffed into it. After getting sick repeatedly in immense youth, hospitalized, cut, denailed and slammed up, and tons of head trauma, kind of like lower level pain you tend to stop caring to some random extent. I wouldn't exactly treat it like the plague or something higher level unless you were immuno-compromised. Then it would be a bigger threat, but it can be one if it leaves a trace behind in your lungs. I get wracked more by being left behind and doing everything myself again.

The closest to that I ever experienced was a month of not being able to use my nose. Yet if one wants to attempt rebuilding the capacity to, even though it is limited it can be done. Or at least at other times, to the extent that you can still care for someone else dealing with it. If there was any added mental issues from a pandemic, it was most likely already there to begin with. My body tends to be weirder when it comes to recovery, so it tends to help when you lack the ability to get medical care. Dealt with a little bit more when I had an infection that stuffed me into hospital for quite some time and started the cycle of years of bedridden sores on end after leaving. I was able to become more physical after that though and build muscle at fookin' Amazon.

Is it true that some people like writers, composers, et cetera only got as far as they did in their respective industries because they kissed up to higher-ups within that industry?

I think it helps, but not always. I mean, Heinrich Heine converted from Judaism to Lutheranism because of the whole Judenhass thing in Prussia and Austria. the goyim would respect him as a writer, the Christians would see he was as talented as Gothe and Schiller if he was one of them, right? wrong. you can try to suck up, you can have boundless talent, but sometimes, asshats in charge are just bigots, and you die obscure and friendless.

Gothe did do a lot of sucking up to princess and that did work for him though.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Would you say that it doesn't matter how many mistakes you make as long as you eventually learn from them?

Mistakes are natural to every sapient sentient entity. They are to be utilized as learning experiences, but depending on the millions of nuances, several can straight up be ignored without negative consequences. The true cognitive failure is failure itself.
Whereas a mistake may be you forgot milk at the store, or you missed a factor or labelled it insignificant and got rolled for it, a failure is irredeemable, it cannot be fixed, learned or not it cannot help the situation or most future ones, this involves things like charging a machinegun nest mindlessly. By technicality mistakes should be even advocated for as training techniques in self reflection.

By how the brain develops, the super youth for example might ignore you and touch the stove for reasons such as lacking a point of reference and mental underdevelopment. They lack higher levels of self preservation. An adult has knowledge and experience, regardless of how useful or dubious it is, that is pointless to bring up here due to the fact that even the concept of pain is not known to the young individual. Therefore, touching intensive heat anyway is a natural learning element. As an adult, context is developed. Thus if you have to injure yourself to prevent burning the house down and somehow magically requires access to the stove and there is no mitt, they will go at the door anyhow. In situations where it is unnecessary, they will not turn their hands into a dumb trolley problem. A failure would be the same problem but they believe pain builds character, and thus forces the same subjects hand onto the stove even if they were already intelligent enough without reference to not do so.

One need not learn or get outside negative stimulus for not learning every mistake, but not correcting yourself for failures is the ultimate failure.

Honestly depends on the mistake. Some mistakes definitely matter more, and require more from you than learning from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back