Other Random question of the day

What's the pinnacle of bravery (In your opinion)?
The most common answer is sacrificing one’s life to save others, and that’s way up there. But recently a dear friend who is fighting a very deadly form of cancer shared that she would have refused treatment a long time ago, except that she wants to stay alive for her young son, to give him as many memories as possible of his mom. That redefined it for me.

Depends. It may be useful to not make the same mistake again in the future.

I do not think this is true. I do, however, think there's a big difference in looking at what you might do differently, versus endlessly ruminating on how much of a fuck up it was.
I'm over-emphasizing the difference a little bit here, but how you reflect on past mistakes matters a lot.
And there's of course also the matter of how consciously you work on the things you learned. If you take a moment to note what went wrong and leave it at that, I suspect the odds of repeating the mistake are higher than if you work on the pitfall in question consciously.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

Should contest-based movies and TV shows have a few scenes that focus on those that lose the contest?

How best to teach kids about the natural laws of the universe than by breaking those laws to observe them in action up close?
also. plot device/macguffins are weird.

Why is it so common for people to fantasize about angsty scenarios that make them feel sad?

Why is it so common for people to fantasize about angsty scenarios that make them feel sad?
Because angst is delicious and I will fall for it every time. I love to see two people go through hardships that ultimately bring them closer together in the end (case in point, I'm watching Loki season 2 right now. Yes, I will take every excuse to gush about it.)

Not for non-angsty slice of lifers
I like a healthy balance of both. A lot of angst followed by some nice slice-of-life stuff. Heavy emotions followed by a nice amount of peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back