Other Random question of the day

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

Are there any video game characters you wish you could've killed but couldn't?
That annoying thief in A link to the past who stole your money would love to make him suffer for his audacity.

villanelle in killing eve and it's no contest for me 🧍‍♂️ i will stay mad about that finale and all the creative decisions leading up to it even after i'm a pile of bones in the earth

This is gonna be entirely too specific because I just saw it recently, but John Spartan's daughter from Demolition Man. TL DR, cop and criminal are cryogenically frozen for nearly 40 years and oh my how society has changed!

Rest of the movie is solid for what it is, but they mention his daughter like twice in the entire run length and he ultimately decides it would upend her life to just show up in it again, which... maybe? But that's still her decision to make.

Based on director comments, it's entirely one of those "they planned to do more with it but ran out of time" happenstances, and they probably should have just axed the whole subplot instead of leaving it like this dad who cares so little heroically sacrificing himself he won't even reach out to tell her that he's back from the dead.

What are your views on the whole "Ad blocker are not allowed on YouTube" debacle?
Ads are a pain the ass I don’t want to spend sitting there while waiting for my videos to load cause of ad block not being allowed. That is bad for content creators probably. I don’t know what’s up with YouTube they can go to hell.

I've never used an add blocker, but now that I've learned about them, I'm tempted.

Which fictional character has gone through the most pain (Whether physically, mentally, emotionally et cetera, in your opinion)?
I'm trying to find one, but every time I find one, there's a shit ton of spoilers.

So I guess I'll spoiler it.

There are many characters who have been through some rough times in Honkai Star Rail, but the one I'm going to talk about is:
This poor guy not only made weapons for his best friends, fought behind them by giving support from the back via making machines and weapons, drank and sparred with them consistently, and won wars together, but he also lost one of those best friends (bff1), gained the aid of one of his other best friends (bff2) to try and bring her back while also trying to create new life (from a species that could never procreate), and nearly destroyed the ship they were on. Not only did the thing he use during this process to try and bring their best friend back backfire, but it also fused with him to make him immortal, constantly healing him even when he died so he'd just be resurrected. Then one of his other best friends in that group (bff3), who came to destroy the thing they created, followed him after his exile and constantly killed him over and over again so he'd be better at fighting, left him with the sword he created for her, and the mental disease - known as mara - corrupted his mind and his memories so much that if he did remember his past, it would twist and distort to create a false narrative of none of the good times ever being a thing or at least being lies, and all the bad times being a fixation upon his mind until it literally makes him insane.

Not only that, but during the events of the game, he finds the one (bff2) who he blamed for making him immortal, but turns out that this bff2 doesn't even recognize him because he's a reincarnation of his past self as it's been many hundreds of years, and every time he looks upon a place or person that reminds him of what he used to call home and who he used to call friends, it gets soured by the mara and makes him feel utmost pain. What's even worse is that the injuries he attained from bff3 still hurt to this day, and every time he thinks about her or sees her, the old scars feel like they're splitting then healing.

One poor guy.

The main character in Till the End of the Moon. His fate was literally eternal suffering.

Which fictional character has gone through the most pain (Whether physically, mentally, emotionally et cetera, in your opinion)?
I feel like Ace has gone through the most pain growing up hearing bad things about his father, the king of pirates, Roger, ground his self worth to the ground. He did get love and accepted but his own insecurities did him in.

I can't for sure say that he's gone through the most pain of all characters, but my first instinct is to say Guts from Berserk.

If you were the host of a reality show and you were given the opportunity to use the show's confessional, what would you say inside the confessional?

I have, after receiving a cup with my butchered name on it.

I was wondering why the Starbucks employee was looking at me funny and she asked if I was on some hidden camera show.

Had to dash that poor chick's dreams.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

What's your favorite fourth wall break in a movie/TV show/video game? (For those who don't know, a fourth wall break indicates fictional characters acknowledging that they're fictional.)

Spoilers for Steven Sondhime's Assassins.
I don't know if this counts exactly, but the Balladeer in Assassins. They're the Narrator, the personification of American idealism, and the only one who talks directly to the audience (at least, until the end). they are the only one who seems to be aware of the fact that they have an audience, that this mad pageant of killers is some kind of morality play. They're the moral compass... until they are either relegated to the audience as what they thought was history becomes reality. either they are pushed out of the pages, or pulled in, becoming Lee Harvey Oswald, trapped to reenact the assassination he had just preached against over, and over, and over...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back