• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern r o s e s a n c t o r i u m ¬ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

49020882983_69c975c5f3_m.jpg
Eira Anika Shirin

Older Sister - Cryokinetic - Demoiselle

"Approach others with kindness and an open heart."

a
With: [Ibuki]
Mood: [Frustrated]

The boy turned back to look at her when she grabbed his arm, confusion evident on his face. His confusion quickly turned to anger, but Eira didn't fail to notice that this occurred after she had already grabbed his arm, at the moment when that strange feeling between them intensified. Clearly, whatever was passing between them, he felt it. And whatever it was, it was equally obvious that he did not like it.

"What? Felt you grab me? Yes, I did," he replied in an irked tone of voice. Eira wanted to roll her eyes. It was so transparent that he was only replying that way as payback for how she had responded earlier. Maybe that, or he just wanted to get away from her and felt this was the quickest way to accomplish it. Or maybe it was both.

"What do you want? I don't have all day-" he demanded, seeming to cut himself off before the sentence was complete. Eira frowned, wondering what it was that he had been about to say, but then decided that there were more important issues to address. She held him with her gaze and didn't back off.

"I don't believe you," she said firmly. "Earlier, you asked me if I was doing something to you. I wasn't, but I did feel something then, and I feel it again now. I know you do too, so there's no point in pretending that you don't."

She kept on staring at him, her eyes daring him to deny it.

OOC: Staring contest! ;P

Ibuki could tell Eira didn't believe his act, if the eye roll didn't make it apparent. What a pain. He felt his patience slipping at her attitude, whatever this was wasn't his fault, but hers. So why did she have to act so haughty? Like he hadn't had enough of pretentious pricks at school, whether they be teachers or fellow students.

"And what is it you're feeling?" The male decided to humor her, despite his annoyance as he had little doubt that the stubborn miss would doggedly pursue him should he depart. Refusing to acknowledge he felt something when she touched him, he gave her a scornful smirk, rising to her nonverbal challenge to deny her words. "I didn't feel anything myself, the most I feel right now is a bit drunk."

He raised an eyebrow at her trying to stare him down, almost scoffing. Is this how rich people intimidate others nowadays? What a joke. The male found her attempt to seem 'tough,' amusing to say the least, especially when he had the ability to beat her black and blue in a couple of minutes.

Last edited:

Eira Anika Shirin

a
Mood: [Incensed]

"And what is it you're feeling?" The guy asked her with a scornful smirk. Eira wanted to groan at how impossible he was being, and was beginning to wish she could at least attempt to have this conversation with him when he was sober. "I didn't feel anything myself, most I feel right now is a bit drunk." That was clearly a downright lie- one she was not about to go along with. He raised an eyebrow at her as if in challenge, waiting to see what she would do next.

In response, she reached out and grabbed the guy's hand, pressing it firmly between her two palms. She had intended to make a point, so that he wouldn't be able to deny the temperature change that occurred, but when she touched his bare skin it felt almost as if all the cold suddenly rushed out of her body in one sudden wave, and the temperature difference made her feel instantly dizzy and lightheaded. She sank down to the ground, trembling violently and breaking out in a sweat as if she had a high fever.

Letting go of his hand, she felt the cold rush back with a strange relief, using the ground to hold herself steady and taking in deep, gulping breaths of air.

OOC: Them powers though ouo

Last edited:
The male could tell he was getting under Eira's skin- something that caused him a small amount of satisfaction.

In the next moment, Eira grabbed his hand and he felt the feeling intensify once more, but he kept his face stoic this time, in case Eira decided to accuse him again. His precautions proved unnecessary as the girl was too busy falling to the ground to look at his face during the affair. The male wasn't sure what to make of her reaction to touching him- clearly what she felt was far more intense than whatever he felt during their period of physical contact.

Slightly concerned for her condition, he crouched down, kneeling beside her and observing her gasp for air with a faltering expression. "Are you okay...?" His tone was soft and puzzled. What's with her? As far as he could tell, most people seemed fine touching him, he had elbowed his way through an entire crowd of party people earlier without receiving a reaction similar to Eira's.

Eira Anika Shirin

a
Mood: [Winded]

Eira became aware of a presence next to her. The boy apparently had crouched down to her level, to see what was wrong with her. In itself surprising, since he didn't exactly seem like the type. As he knelt beside her, she caught sight of his expression out of the corner of her eye. He seemed... uncertain? Perhaps even concerned? That was probably a stretch- no doubt her imagination. But when he spoke, it was with a softer and kinder voice than she had heard him use up until now.

"Are you okay...?" he asked. Eira nodded, still needing some time to get her breath back. After a few more moments, she swallowed and managed another nod.

"Y-yes. Just- the temperature difference made me lightheaded." She sat down on the grass, turning to look at him again.

"Are you honestly telling me that you didn't feel anything strange, just now? And please, tell me the truth."

Her distinctive and earnest gaze held his, and she hoped he would stop trying to be tough and just talk to her so they could figure this out.

OOC: Grass stains are impossible to wash out though! >[

When she finally nodded her head and said she was fine, he rocked back onto his heels, masking the concern he had felt moments ago. Why did I even care? He reasoned it was the alcohol messing with him, but he knew it was his underlying guilt for bullying her when they were young. She had always treated him well. A part of him wished Eira would be like everyone else- avoid him, scorn him, insult him back- it'd make her easier to not care about.

"The temperature difference...?" He hadn't felt a temperature difference when Eira touched him, she felt like a normal, warm-blooded human being to him. And it was unlikely she was talking about the weather since nothing had changed on that end either.

The male frowned when Eira pleaded with him to tell her truth, feeling his resolve to continue to play dumb weaken before her sincere gaze. He looked away, finding himself unable to hold it. Clearing his throat, Ibuki took a moment to compose himself and returned to looking her in the eyes. "Fine. I did feel something. Not a temperature difference though. Just the strange feeling on a sort of... energy or something, flowing into my body," he said after a slight hesitation.

Eira Anika Shirin

a
Mood: [Relieved]

The boy sat down next to her, seeming to go back into a more expressionless mode. Eira was still getting her breath back. It appeared that, if they were at this sort of distance, she felt all right. Whatever it was he was doing prevented her from feeling too cold, but she also didn't get close enough to re-experience the hot flash that had dropped her to the ground.

"The temperature difference...?" he asked, frowning and apparently confused. After a short but sustained staring contest, the boy looked away, clearly uncomfortable. He cleared his throat and then turned back to face her again. He hesitated for a second, then replied

"Fine. I did feel something. Not a temperature difference though. Just the strange feeling on a sort of... energy or something, flowing into my body."

Eira blinked in surprise at that. No temperature change? He hadn't felt the cold coming from her and going... into him (she guessed)? How strange. She frowned a little as she considered this.

"Well... Look I don't really know what's going on either, but over the last few days I've basically started to feel cold, all the time, no matter where I am or what I'm wearing, and it won't go away, and it seems to get worse with time. But somehow, when I'm near you, it's like you take the cold away, and I can feel warm again." She eyed him askance. "A little too warm if I get too close, apparently. What do you think this thing is?"

She wasn't expecting him to have any answers, but at this point any theories would be welcome.

OOC: First rule of having powers: you do not talk about having powers.

DgfzfHn.png

dmI1Kg1.png

█▀▄ With: No one (Technically) █▀▄ Where: Jordan's Place █▀▄ Wearing: Party Clothes

It didn't take much to catch the pain in Aurora's answer, the weight of a single syllable. He meant it to be a general question but forgot the point of this night. Uriel had a surprisingly good ability to read people and the emotions on her face were quick and everywhere. But the moment they appeared, they disappeared under a beautiful smile. He gave a half heartened smile back at her comment. She must have had a lot to drink, she was dancing with him after all.

As excepted Aurora took the lead, pulling his arms around her waist and wrapping her arms around his neck pressing close to him. It caused him to go braindead, taking all he had not to panic and run. The easy movements and music helping him find focus, Uriel finally looked down and saw her staring into his eyes. The mild mess of her hair and piercing hazel eyes had him swimming. He noticed her inching up and closer to his face, something in him caused him to move towards her in turn. Instead, either a demon or maybe an angel came and stopped the little event. Aurora pulled back and got her phone out. It seemed one of her friends finally made it, and she wanted to go find them. Apologizing she gave him a comforting squeeze on the arm and left. Uriel took a deep breath and walked back to his seat. The beer was gone, probably for the best anyways. His jacket was still there. Pulling it on he put up the hood and sighed. "Too much is happening for a nobody like me... I need some air..."

Navigating through the hordes of people, Uriel weaved to the kitchen to get something to eat. He noticed Bai, Aileen and Aurora were there. 'Best if the girls deal with her. I don't know how to handle her at the moment.' With the years of never notice he deafly grabbed a bag of chips and took a long way to the front. By the time he got there a sizeable group of people was at the front door. The two most notable things were Jordan and his bloodied hands, and the man at the door dressed like some agent in a movie and his gun. Uriel tensed as the man began to speak. He was a coward, but in the end, the cowards are the ones who live, he began to step back.

Last edited:
"Uriel Lazarus," Callahan told the teenager, loud enough for most people in the vicinity to hear.

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 1px 2px 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; font-weight: bold; color: #333; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: 1px solid #d69754; margin-right: 3px; [/class] [class=tag3] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 5px 3px 5px; font-family: Playfair Display; color: #000; border: 1px solid #d69754; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=home] color: #fff; width: 60px; height: 60px; margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; background: #000; padding-top: 5px; border-radius: 100%; border: 1px solid #000; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=home state=hover] color: #d69754; transition: all 1s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 1px 5px 1px 5px; display: inline; color: #000; text-align: center; transition: all .5s; font-size: 12px; font-family: Avenir; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] color: #d69754; border: 1px solid #d69754; transition: all .5s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tabContents] position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: all 1s; width: 294px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 26px; background: #fff; color: #000; height: 400px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 1; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] addClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents07 [/script] [script class=home on=click] addClass show tabContents07 removeClass show tabContents01 [/script]
[div class=home]
[div class=tag3]mood
Suspicious
[div class=tag3]location
His home
[div class=tag3]outfit
Outfit
[div class=tag3]interactions
Callahan. Aurora
[div class=tag3]tags[/div] neon reverie neon reverie KennethPhoenix18 KennethPhoenix18 [/div] [/div]
[div class="tabContents tabContents07 show"]
the
party

animal
Jordan
[div class="tab tab1"]read more
[/div] [div class="tabContents tabContents01"]
Jordan frowned. So it wasn't the cops coming to shut the party down? But why would an armed man want Uriel? Jordan took a minute to think and as did, someone grabbed his arm. Aurora. He slightly winced, his arms sore from earlier but didn't move away. She grounded him to reality, stopping him from spacing out. "And you are?" Jordan questioned , he wasn't going to allow some man to march up to his house demand someone as if he owns the place, even if he was.... really..... really fucking big and also has a really... really dangerous gun.

Jordan tensed up and watched the man carefully. Although the situation had sobered him up a bit, the alcohol was still giving him a buzz, enough to allow him to make dumb decisions. As he waited for the mans response, he lightly pushed Aurora back. This whole situation was suspicious as fuck and Jordan didn't want her or any other kids getting caught up in whatever mess Uriel had made for himself. Or maybe this was Uriel's dad? Could it be? Maybe looking for Uriel, a rather quiet kid who didn't go to parties. Yeah that has to be it right? Hopefully it was.
[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/threads/𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘆-⧾-𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻′𝘀-𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗽𝘆-𝗰𝗼𝗱𝗲𝘀.454487/post-9951524[/div]

DgfzfHn.png

dmI1Kg1.png

█▀▄ With: Jordan, Aurora, Unknown Man █▀▄ Where: Jordan's Place █▀▄ Wearing: Party Clothes

Uriel Lazarus... The man said. Him, they were looking for him. Ice ran through Uriel's veins at that as a little 'Oh' escaped his lips. No sound, just air. He couldn't take that next step back, he was frozen. His mind started to whirl, from the alcohol, his last little event with Aurora, and now this. Uriel was going to explode from the sheer amount of existing he had been doing. Providing this man was going to do something instead. He took a labored breath and calmed a moment. Uriel watched as Jordan pushed Aurora back squaring up, he finally noticed Bai and Aileen not far behind them. 'Jordan looks like he going to do something we're all are going to regret... It's the f***ing Sanctorium... It has to be, this is pretty bold...'

Straighten up, Uriel started to visibly shake, because he knew what he had to do... Taking a deep breath, a nasty grin appeared on his face and he stepped out. Spreading his arms out, Uriel in his toughest voice shouted. "So I'm the next to get f***ing suicided?!" His hands were shaking, as his voice cracked at the end. Uriel knew that the only thing that kept him from pissing himself was the adrenaline and maybe his powers. He blinked, and his lines appeared. Uriel put all his focus on the man and his gun, making ready to push it with all his force.

Physiicz Physiicz

[class=custom___1]
position: relative;
box-sizing: border-box;
width: 500px;
height: 400px;
overflow: hidden;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
padding: 0;
[/class][class=title]
position: absolute;
left: 207px;
top: 34px;
overflow: visible;
width: 131px;
height: 31px;
text-align: left;
font-family: Times New Roman;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 30px;
color: #F6A6B2;
[/class][class=_]
left: 260px;
top: 65px;
width: 57px;
height: 18px;
font-weight: normal;
font-size: 15px;
color: rgba(112,112,112,1);
[/class][class=noun]
left: 218px;
top: 78px;
overflow:visible;
width: 33px;
height: 16px;
font-style: italic;
[/class][class=definition]
left: 250px;
top: 94px;
width: 192px;
height: 35px;
[/class][class=text]
position: relative;
overflow: auto;
width: 357px;
height: 245px;
font-size: 12px;
font-family: veranda;
line-height: 11px;
color: #707070;
padding: 8px;
text-align: justify;
[/class][class=textcontainer]
width: 357px;
height: 245px;
left: 137px;
top: 145px;
[/class][class=pic]
width: 160px;
height: 160px;
left: 35px;
top: 0px;
border: 1px solid #F6A6B2;
background: url(https://i.postimg.cc/NjrBMqqj/31578-DEA-DB2-A-4-E42-B224-F84870-C078-BE-2.jpg);
border-radius: 200px;
[/class][class=pichover]
width: 160px;
height: 160px;
background: transparent;
background-size: 100%;
border-radius: 150px;
text-align: center;
font-size: 12px;
line-height: 16px;
color: #fff;
[/class][class=hidden]
display:none;
[/class][script class=pic on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 pichover
[/script][script class=pic on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 pichover
[/script][class=outfit]
width: 50px;
height: 50px;
left: 82px;
top: 284px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/GGDZvJ3.jpg);
[/class][class=outfithover]
background-color: #F6A6B2;
font-size: 8px;
[/class][class=hidden]
display:none;
[/class][script class=outfit on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 outfithover
[/script][script class=outfit on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 outfithover
[/script][class=location]
top: 228px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/PftxzaF.jpg);
[/class][class=locationhover]
[/class][script class=location on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 locationhover
[/script][script class=location on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 locationhover
[/script][class=mood]
top: 172px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/E2bix10.jpg);
[/class][class=moodhover]
[/class][script class=mood on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 moodhover
[/script][script class=mood on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 moodhover
[/script][class=interactions]
top: 340px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/gsM1t8Y.jpg);
[/class][class=interactionshover]
line-height: 12px;
[/class][script class=interactions on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 interactionshover
[/script] [script class=interactions on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 interactionshover
[/script][class=credit]
left: 417px;
top: 387px;
width: 78px;
height: 13px;
font-size: 9px;
[/class]
[div class=custom___1]
[div class=title]Aileen[/div]
[div class=_]/ A•lean / [/div]
[div class=noun]noun[/div]
[div class=definition]a shy sweetheart;
1. Refer to friends[/div]
[div class=textcontainer][div class=text]
Deciding to follow Aurora was a mistake. Aileen had decided to walk up to the door with her, mostly to make sure she didn’t get into something she shouldn’t, and she didn’t fall over. She had gestured for Bai to follow, and was surprised at her own boldness.

She wouldn’t have, if she had known who was at the door. A very large man, bigger than Jordan, stood at there. He seemed threatening, and from where Aileen was standing he seemed to have a gun. She heard the name spoken, and swiveled her head a little. Why was he here for a person? Why did they need him? Did Uriel get in trouble with the law? Maybe this was a parent or something? For some reason, she was really hoping this was just a police officer.

She stepped forward as Aurora was pushed back, and held onto her arm. The sweater blocked any skin contact, so she was ok with it, but she was still getting nervous. She looked around for any plants, trying to see if they were shriveled or dead like the rest of her own. “Aurora...” She said in a tense voice. “We should back away.” Her voice was shaking slightly, but it was cut as Uriel spoke.

"So I'm the next to get f***ing suicided?!" At those words, Aileen paled. She shivered involuntarily, and looked back at the man. The Sanctorum. He was from the Sanctorum. She would’ve really preferred a police officer. But, suicided?? What did that mean? Was...... was the Sanctorum really responsible for the deaths?? For her sisters death....? She had heard rumors, but never believed them. Now.... she wasn’t so sure anymore.
[/div][/div]
[div class=pic][div class="pichover hidden"]tags: Ayama Ayama Pai Chan Pai Chan [/div][/div]
[div class=outfit][div class="outfithover hidden"]
x[/div][/div]
[div class=location][div class="locationhover hidden"]
Jordans house [/div][/div]
[div class=mood][div class="moodhover hidden"]
Scared[/div][/div]
[div class=interactions][div class="interactionshover hidden"]
Bai, Aurora[/div][/div]
[div class=credit]code::yousmelldead[/div]
[/div]

[class=container]position: relative; margin: auto; height: 430px; width: 430px; background-color: #ededed; padding: 10px; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/232c090ebdd37ae4bc17adb54e1e0344/tumblr_inline_ol4nwhvSwg1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important;[/class] [class=border]border: 2px solid #ddb6c6; height: 426px; width: 426px;[/class] [class=title]position: absolute; width: 426px; top: 135px; z-index: 2; text-align: center; font-size: 25px; font-weight: 900; color: #ac8daf;[/class] [class=quote]position: absolute; width: 426px; top: 165px; text-align: center; font-size: 12px; color: #ac8daf; line-height: 15px; text-transform: uppercase;[/class] [class=info]position: absolute; top: 4px; left: 4px; height: 104px; width: 132px; background-color: #ac8daf; overflow: hidden; padding: 8px 0 8px 8px; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important;[/class] [class=scroll2]width: calc(100% + 10px); height: 120px; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 15px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; color: #f1d4d4;[/class] [class=mainimage]position: absolute; height: 130px; width: 150px;[/class] [class=textbox]position: absolute; top: 185px; height: 210px; width: 421px; background-color: #ddb6c6; overflow: hidden; white-space: pre-line; padding: 5px 0 5px 5px;[/class] [class=scroll]width: calc(100% + 10px); height: 210px; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 15px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; color: #484c7f;[/class] [class=details]position: absolute; top: 405px; width: 421px; height: 23px; overflow: hidden; white-space: pre-line; padding: 5px 0 5px 5px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase;[/class] [class=scroll3]width: calc(100% + 10px); height: 23px; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 15px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; color: #ac8daf;[/class] [script class=mainimage on=mouseenter] fadeIn 400 info [/script] [script class=mainimage on=mouseleave] fadeOut 400 info [/script] [div class=container][div class=border]
[div class=mainimage]
[div class=info style="display: none";][div class=scroll2]interactions: bai ling [ Pai Chan Pai Chan Aileen La'crest [ Meme Machine Meme Machine ] Jordan Parks [ Physiicz Physiicz ] uriel lazarus [ KennethPhoenix18 KennethPhoenix18 ] Mentions:
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=title] Aurora Everleigh[/div] [div class=quote]❝ death by a thousand cuts ❞[/div] [div class=textbox][div class=scroll] The previous festive ambience had vanished and in its place, one charged with an unfathomable energy was now hanging about. Uneasiness pervaded her and it’s like a natural instinct kicked in, her mind instantly sobering up at the unwelcome presence of this man. His stature was tall enough to easily tower over her smaller frame, his body garbed in dark clothing that resembled those of an authoritative unit. He exuded an aura superior and intimidating - as if he enjoyed a certain level of power and immunity to retribution. And beneath the calm sea that was his expression, there resided a maelstrom of something. It unsettled the female greatly. Then, a name floated into the air, and her heart feels like it jumped up straight to her throat and doesn’t know how to fall back down. Uriel... They were searching for Uriel - but why? Aurora couldn't imagine for the male to have done something bad enough to warrant an arrest. He was a good person, some might argue too good... No, this didn't feel right. Whoever these people were, they were bad news, and Aurora had a crawling urge to grab her close friends and make a bolt for it. Aileen seemed to share the sentiment and Aurora was about to nod, before the improbable happened. Uriel - oh god Uriel - had suddenly gained some newfound confidence and adopted a somewhat hostile demeanour towards the man. Her breath hitched, frozen in her lungs. Suicided? What-? Did that man belong to Sanctorium? Her eyes returned to the man, scanning his uniform once more, before widening in recognition. Oh no.. Fuck. A million worst-case scenarios jostled for first place in her mind's eye, a million ways this all could go awry very soon. Aurora was paralyzed, stuck in a limbo between flight or fight. Danger was creeping in, she could feel it, but abandoning her friends or anyone in this matter was a big no-no. She'd already lost Vera, another one might become her undoing. Perhaps it was the alcohol - it could very well be the alcohol - but something inside her ignited - a new flame rekindled and Aurora found herself speaking up. "You are not taking him tonight.." her tone was resolute, save for a slight waver in the end. She persisted, though. " You have no right and if you pursue, my father will hear about this. You know him? Joseph Everleigh, one of the main investors of Rose Sanctorium? Yes, I can make sure you don't get any money from him anymore. So I suggest you leave now." [/div][/div] [div class=details][div class=scroll3]mood ; what the hell is going on? outfit ; location: ; Jordan's house [/div][/div][/div][/div]
coded by
constellation

He was tempted to ask her if this was some sort of obscure pickup line. Being around him makes her feel warm? He held in a snort, as the look in Eira's eyes showed him she was serious, as ridiculous as it sounded to him. "I'm pretty sure I'm not giving off any kind of extreme heat so I really think it's just some physical body temperature malfunction on your part, that's my best guess." He replied, offering a tentative guess. "Have you gotten checked out at a doctor or something? I think it would be better to ask a trained professional rather than me," there was a slightly mocking smile on his face, worn to cover up his confusion about the situation. "Anyways, I don't know what you expect me to do about-" he gestured at her, "-this."

His attention was soon drawn to the commotion at the front door. It was then that he noticed the male from before who had knocked on the front door had a gun on him, causing Ibuki to feel alarmed. He didn't want to be here when bullets started flying. Though he did wonder why the man was even here, however, he quickly deduced from the exchanges between the man, Jordan, a girl who decided to throw around her father's name, and the shouting guy named Uriel that it wasn't anything good. What does he want with Uriel?

Frowning, Ibuki began to back away from the front lawn, deciding to sneak to the backyard and escape if necessary. He glanced at Eira, "I think that's my cue to leave so good luck with this ability or condition or whatever of yours."

Last edited:

Eira Anika Shirin

a
Mood: [Incensed]

"I'm pretty sure I'm not giving off any kind of extreme heat so I really think it's just some physical body temperature malfunction on your part, that's my best guess."

The boy's reply would have made sense in any other context, but there had to be another explanation. She was cold around everyone except him. And when she stopped feeling cold around him, he felt energy coming from her. There was clearly some kind of transfer happening.

"Have you gotten checked out at a doctor or something? I think it would be better to ask a trained professional rather than me." The mocking expression had returned to his face, and Eira sighed. "Anyways, I don't know what you expect me to do about- this," he said as he gestured at her. Offended, she bristled. Literally. In her emotional state (and with the current distance between them), small crystals of ice were beginning to appear all over her skin, like tiny little bristles.

At that point, there was a commotion by the door, and Eira frowned, trying to understand what was going on. The man was here for someone, but he didn't sound like any worried or angry parent she'd ever seen. More like a military officer. She noticed the boy beginning to back away. "I think that's my cue to leave so good luck with this ability or condition or whatever of yours." Eira returned her attention to him, her momentarily evaporated frustration (literally evaporated) returning full-force.

"It's not just me," she declared, taking a step towards him. "It's both of us! And we need to figure it out- together."

OOC: Cue the ice porcupine ;P

Noticing ice crystals on Eira's skin, he guessed it was her angry mood that caused them to appear, but was surprised that there was more to Eira's gibberish than skeptical suppositions. With evidence of some sort of superpower right before him, Ibuki blinked, as if trying to double check if he was hallucinating or not- he wasn't. He wondered if the man with the gun was here for Uriel because he had powers like Eira.

Dismissing the thought, he looked at Eira seriously. "Why should I help you? I don't even know you," he lied, "aside from the handkerchief encounter, that is. Besides, I'm fine. I haven't noticed any kind of weird conjuration power or the like on my end, I'm pretty sure I don't even have powers." He protested, taking a step back from Eira and towards the backyard, clearly he hadn't given up on leaving.

OOC: Sorry for the short post.

Eira Anika Shirin

a
Mood: [Scared]

The boy blinked blankly at her as the ice literally evaporated off of Eira's skin. Her eyes went wide as she noticed the thin mist now surrounding her body, a flicker of fear flashing through them. What's happening to me? she thought, alarmed. The boy's eyes became serious and uncaring again.

"Why should I help you? I don't even know you, aside from the handkerchief encounter, that is. Besides, I'm fine. I haven't noticed any kind of weird conjuration power or the like on my end, I'm pretty sure I don't even have powers." Eira wanted to scream in frustration, the ice returning now- thicker than before. When he took a step backwards away from her, she noticed the cold intensify again.

"You're lying," she said, looking straight at him. Her vision was starting to change- it was like things were becoming lighter. She didn't know it, but her irises were changing color, lightening with every degree that her body temperature dropped. "You do have an ability. Why won't you admit it?"

She stared at him hard, wanting to shake him but knowing if she got too close she might end up collapsing again. What... is this... She was beginning to shiver again, violently, and despite the warm spring night her breath was beginning to mist in front of her face as if it were the dead of winter.

OOC: Ice princess alert! ;P

Sarah had noticed the quite attractive girl approaching her through the crowd. Though she couldn't for the life of her remember if they had met before, either way, the look upon her face seemed to suggest that this wasn't just a 'let's get to know each other over coffee' type of conversation. Then she spoke and what she said honestly took her by surprise. It was a lot to say for her! Sarah was rarely ever surprised anymore as she accepted everything and made judgments based on her own opinion. Living in a circus taught her that being open minded was one of the best ways to go about life.

Though in the span of a single sentence the girl had thrown her through a loop! It was such an unexpected sentence that it took Sarah a couple seconds before being able to fully register what she said. She blinked slowly before a sudden urge to laugh took hold of her. She tossed her head back and let loose a silent laugh. This town is MUCH more interesting than I expected! Before the other girl could get the wrong idea Sarah began moving her hands. "Well, I don't know whether that was the strangest greeting I've ever heard, or possibly the most unique pick up line that's ever been used on me!" Sarah smirked at her, "don't get me wrong, I have no problem providing you with my DNA- no matter what nefarious deeds you may do with them, but it won't be free. I propose a deal! I'll give you my hair, BUT, I'll only give my saliva to you in a particular method, how about it?" Sarah smiled a sweet, innocent, smile and if her father had seen that look he would have run for the hills. He had dealt with that look many times in the past.

Then Sarah almost kicked herself for forgetting. She didn't even know if this person understood ASL! So she huffed a little and then moved her hands a little more slowly, "Do you know sign language?" It was also at this point that Sarah had overheard the conversation between the two boys next to her. It piqued her curiosity a little but she was dealing with her own conversation at the moment, but the pain in the shorter ones voice, made Sarah file it away in her mind. She also heard the commotion happening somewhere towards the front of the house. Though by the time she glanced that way there were quite a few bit of people standing in front of her and she couldn't see. My horribly short stature strikes again!

So she decided to refocus on the girl in front of her, waiting, for her reply.

49021405286_96396f88b5_m.jpg
Acantha Mujo

Aspiring Geneticist - Telekinetic - Sociopath

"Knowledge is gained through systematic investigation."

a
With: [Sarah]
Mood: [Intrigued]

When Acantha asked for the girl's DNA, she seemed stunned into silence for a couple seconds. She blinked at her slowly, then threw her head back and laughed- a laughter without sound. Acantha frowned, analyzing this new bit of information. Mute, she thought detachedly. From birth or by accident? If former, possible correlation to athletic ability? She then began moving her hands in the familiar gestures of sign language. Acantha had learned it years ago as a summer project and was able to easily follow along.

Pick up line? she wondered, uncomprehending. The girl smirked- the expression on her face was quite nice to look at, Acantha observed. To her surprise, she agreed to give her the DNA without any problems- without even asking what she wanted it for. This made Acantha quite happy- these days there was so much nonsense going on about ethics and human rights violations that brilliant advances in the field of genetics were continuously being held up by idiotic do-gooders who were too blind to see the big picture and overall gain for science and humanity that these advances represented. Acantha smiled.

"... but it won't be free,", the girl said. Acantha nodded at that- it made sense. If you had something someone else wanted, it would not be smart to give it to them for nothing in return. She waited to hear the girl's terms. A particular method? she mused, oblivious to the innuendo. Well, as long as she got a sample, she didn't much care how it was obtained. She nodded again, going to reach for the swab, scissors, and containers she had brought with her while the girl smiled. She looked up again, distracted, when she said something else- much more slowly this time.

Acantha nodded a third time, mouthing her reply (no need to waste breath when it was unnecessary).

"Yes, I know sign language. And you read lips?"

At that moment, there was an emotional scene near the wall next to them, followed by a commotion at the front door- both of which Acantha analyzed and filed away before returning her attention to the girl.

"I don't need that much, so it shouldn't be an imposition on you," she explained. "just a few hairs and a cotton swab."

OOC: Aaah, the clueless scientist~

As the girl, LITERALLY, pulled out the instruments to take samples of her DNA Sarah realized that she was indeed quite serious! Also that she didn't really understand the aspect of the fine art of flirting! This is going to be quite fun... Sarah giggled within her mind, then putting on the most innocent of faces she could manage. Which if you looked close enough, really knew her, then you would see the deep amusement hidden within her eyes. She was also quite glad that the girl knew ASL!

"That's a relief! I'm glad that this won't be too hard then." Sarah then reached up and pulled a couple strands of hair, making sure that it wasn't from the blue highlights, and handed them over to the other girl. A slight smile worked it's way onto her features. It had been quite a while since she could play around like this with someone, though that time didn't involve what she was about to do, but nonetheless it was going to be quite enjoyable. I wonder what type of reaction she'll show me on that cold but beautiful face of hers? Sarah then stepped forward, moving just that little bit closer, "next is the saliva sample, correct?"

"I must apologize! I'm not all that comfortable with someone putting an object in my mouth, bad experience with a dentist earlier in my life, which is why I made the offer of a more...pleasurable method."
Sarah stepped that little bit closer, looking into the eyes of the girl she was approaching and let her eyes droop into a half lidded flutter. She watched her reaction and was silently laughing inside. It wasn't everyday she found someone this gullible and while it could be taken as offensive Sarah couldn't really resist. Besides, it didn't really seem that she was very unwilling since she hadn't stepped away, but then again, that could just be her naivete.

Sarah finally closed the distance and placed her lips upon hers. It was quite enjoyable as those pale lips were quite soft. Sarah let herself indulge for a second before taking advantage of catching the other girl unawares. She slipped her tongue into her mouth, giving her the saliva she asked for, before pulling away with a smirk pulling at the corners of her mouth. "A MUCH more pleasurable method if you ask me." She signed as she slightly ran her tongue over her lips. Waiting for the other girls inevitable reaction/outburst.

Acantha Mujo

a
With: [Sarah]
Mood: [Surprised]

"That's a relief! I'm glad that this won't be too hard then," the girl said before pulling a couple hairs straight from her head. Having not expected this, Acantha put away her scissors and accepted the hairs, carefully placing them in the container. "Thank you," she said simply.

The girl then smiled and took a step closer to her. "Next is the saliva sample, correct?" Acantha nodded and held up the cotton swab.

"I must apologize! I'm not all that comfortable with someone putting an object in my mouth, bad experience with a dentist earlier in my life, which is why I made the offer of a more...pleasurable method." Acantha blinked, clueless and confused. Pleasurable? She could not fathom what the girl could possibly mean by that.

The girl stepped closer to her again, looking into her eyes. Acantha neither stepped back nor looked away, as societal norms like personal space and it being impolite to stare at people meant nothing to her. The girl dropped her eyelids halfway down, and Acantha frowned. Possibly a facial tic, she mused. Nervous disorder? No, wait, it might be- Before she could complete the thought, which was in reference to something she had read about how butterflies fluttered their wings to attract a mate, the girl had finished closing the distance between them and their lips had met.

Acantha simply stood there, the only visible reaction to the (first ever) kiss she was receiving being to blink her eyes. Her thoughts continued to analyze (and misinterpret) the situation in her mind. Childhood trauma- possibly related to muteness. An accident? Operational mishap? The kiss lasted a long second, concluding with the girl apparently making an extra effort towards accomplishing the given goal by slipping her tongue inside Acantha's mouth. The sensation was novel, to say the least.

The girl pulled away and smirked at her again- an expression Acantha enjoyed though she could not objectively rationalize it-, signing "A MUCH more pleasurable method if you ask me." She ran her tongue over her lips and Acantha blinked again. Trauma must have been deep-seated, she analyzed, her neutral expression not changing in the slightest.

"I'm sorry to hear about your trauma," she mouthed. "Did it result in your current condition, or is it due to a genetic condition? Have there been any attempts at rectification?" She asked these questions bluntly, with no awareness or concern for the fact that it was rude to do so and the topic might be sensitive.

"In regards to your method, I apologize but I'm afraid it won't work. You see living tissue contains living DNA which becomes all but impossible to distinguish from the deposited DNA- it's why you can't get a fingerprint off of someone's skin other than their own, and why a kiss is not an effective means of conveyance. I also appreciate the extra effort on your part, but I'm afraid that won't work either as your saliva will have mixed with mine and the sample is now contaminated. Perhaps it would be less uncomfortable for you if you were to take the swab yourself?" She grabbed the small cotton implement again and held it out, hoping the girl's trauma was not so severe that even this would not work.

OOC: So oblivious! xD

Last edited:
v_39768.jpg
Bai smirked at Aurora’s attempt to say she wasn’t drunk despite plenty of evidence saying otherwise. It helped distract from the melancholy look Aurora had just moments earlier.

Before Bai could get far with Aurora everyone at the party seemed to freeze. Bai looked around and noticed everyone staring in the same direction so she followed their gaze and saw Jordan coming down the steps looking like a mess.

He then walked past and went towards the front door. Bai assumed a fight happened but her focus, right now, was on Aurora. Aileen began to help bring the brunette to the kitchen when Aurora paused and made her way towards Jordan, concerned with Aileen following behind. The red haired girl ushered, Bai to follow, so that’s what she did. Soon they were right behind Aurora and Jordan, now, he stood at the open door face to face with a quite large man who looked like he meant business. Bai instantly thought it was the cops.

Uh-oh. Bai thought when then the man called out Uriel’s name.

And then Uriel seemed to lose it.

"So I'm the next to get f***ing suicided?!"

What exactly did that mean? Uriel had to be drunk and was in an extreme mood. But Aurora was taking a stand and spoke up against the large man in black threatening him with her father’s influence. Bai put herself in between Aurora and the man before everyone ended up getting in trouble.

“Okay, Aurora, this isn’t our business.” She started to usher Aurora back and turned to the large man with an apologetic grin. “I’m sorry. If you’ll excuse us. She’s harmless.” If Uriel was in trouble or sought out then that was on his business. For all Bai knew that man was a parole officer doing his job.

Sarah was dumbfounded! She didn't know someone could be this thick, and yet, it was also kind of adorable. It was such an unexpected reaction to what she had thought might happen! This caused Sarah to once again break out in laughter, but this time, in full belly laughter. It took a few minutes before she was reduced to giggles. When she finally regained her composure she decided that this was going to be one of the best games she would ever play! So with a smile she stepped forward, "sorry once again as I told a little white lie before! I actually don't have any problem with dentists or others of the like. Though it seems it might have been unnecessary as I'm sure I would have been able to get what I wanted without it." Sarah takes the cotton swab and rubs some of her saliva in it.

It was then that she heard, rather than saw, all the commotion going on in front of the crowd. This grabbed Sarah's interest, so she decided to check it out, and returns the sample to the girl in front of her. "It seems like there might be something going on up ahead. I'm going to go check it out!" She moved a few steps before looking back and signing a few more things to the very oblivious girl. Seems like she might have to take a different approach to this situation. "By the way, my name's Sarah, thought you ought to know as I don't just go around exchanging saliva with just anyone. Though if you ever have the need to swap genetics again? Then come find me at the circus! Also, you should look up the definition of flirting, might help during our next encounter!" Sarah winks her blue iris at her before gracefully dancing her way through the crowd.

When she arrives at the front she finds herself in a situation that goes far beyond what she imagined. She didn't expect to find a half shirtless man, with hands that looked like they've been through a meat grinder (who she then recognized as Jordan), going toe to toe with a man- who looked like he just crawled his way out of a typical bad guy good guy action film. It was also very easy to spot which one he was. Sarah sat back and observed the situation for a bit. After the target known as Uriel proclaimed his location- Suicided?, one girl threatened him with her father, and another girl dragged the former back Sarah was casting her eyes around. This whole situation seemed fishy. She was trying desperately to spot what she was missing! If she needed to act then she wanted to have all the variables before hand.

Acantha Mujo

a
With: [The crowd]
Mood: [Intrigued]

Acantha blinked in confusion as the girl burst out laughing again- she wasn't aware she'd done anything humorous (not that she would know a joke if it bit her on the nose, except for maybe a science one). After several minutes, the girl's laughter devolved into giggles and then calmed. She took a step towards Acantha with a wide smile, signing "Sorry once again as I told a little white lie before! I actually don't have any problem with dentists or others of the like. Though it seems it might have been unnecessary as I'm sure I would have been able to get what I wanted without it."

Acantha's confusion intensified. A lie? What was the point? No trauma? Then what about her condition? And what does she mean 'what she wanted'? It can't be... Seemingly oblivious to her internal dialogue, the girl took the cotton swab from her and returned it, complete with DNA sample. Acantha accepted it and carefully put it away.

The girl's interest was then captured by the commotion over by the front door, and she signed that she was going to check it out. She walked a few steps before turning back towards Acantha, signing "By the way, my name's Sarah, thought you ought to know as I don't just go around exchanging saliva with just anyone. Though if you ever have the need to swap genetics again? Then come find me at the circus! Also, you should look up the definition of flirting, might help during our next encounter!" And with a wink, she was gone.

Acantha stood there with a frown on her face, pondering the interaction. Sarah... she repeated to herself. What did she mean by 'not just anyone'? And flirting? Next encounter? Acantha came to the conclusion that she was being encouraged to go back to the circus to meet her again. A small smile came to her lips at the thought- she liked the circus, liked to see the marvels of genetics in action. And who knew? The samples she had gotten might not prove to be enough and, if she needed to get more, it was good to know she had an avenue to obtain them.

She never answered my questions about her condition. Could it be she's embarrassed? She wondered. The girl, Sarah, hardly seemed like the type, but Acantha couldn't think of another reason.

Distracted by the increasingly loud dialogue coming from the front door, she too wandered over to see what the commotion was, though keeping out of sight and out of the way. It appeared that the inebriated teenagers were involved in an argument with... an armed man? And out in front, yelling, was that... Uriel? Acantha blinked in surprise. She and Uriel were often the only ones left after hours working in the science lab, and though they usually never even talked when doing so, he was one of the few people at the school she could actually relate to. She never expected to find him at a party, yelling his head off and making a scene while clearly inebriated.

OOC: What's the scary man gonna dooooo?

As Eira's frustration with him increased, the ice surrounding her did too. Ibuki felt her powers were on the verge of spiraling out of control and instinctively, his powers reacted in turn, absorbing hers at an increased rate. "You better calm down or you'll turn yourself into an ice sculpture."

Staring into her eyes as they changed shades, Ibuki let out an annoyed grunt, "I'm not lying. You don't see me doing magic tricks, do you?" The male was beginning to doubt his own words though, as the strange feeling he felt around Eira was clearly more than some drunken hallucination. If I do have a power... what is it even?

Again with the staring contest.
He felt some sympathy for the girl before him, noticing some fear in her eyes as she began trembling due to the cold. Against his better judgement, the male stopped moving away from Eira and positioned himself a foot away from her, half-believing of Eira's words. He felt like if he left her, she might freeze to death, which would make him feel guilty should he see a news report about it later.

Devin Waters
"I know you're in pain over what happened to him, but denying yourself who you are to somehow honor his memory is not the way to deal with that pain- trust me, I know. Please let me be there for you- let me help you get through this. I can help- I know I can."
Nat's words hurt to hear, and even though Devin knew they were true, his entire being rejected them. He spoke in a harsh, whispered outburst, "That's not what I'm doing. I'm not trying to be him! He's gone. He was the only person I knew who could have taken on the world and won, at least I thought that, but apparently he lost, because he's not here anymore, and they say he did it himself! He killed himself, Nat," Devin stuttered over the words, his stomach twisting into knots. "How could you possibly understand that? How could you know anything? You don't, Nat! There's no way you could understand!"
The words escaped Devin before he could stop them, but he knew they were a mistake as each syllable left his mouth. Nathaniel had lost someone, and Devin's loss now didn't suddenly make that untrue. It didn't give him the right to hurt his friend. "Nat..." Devin didn't know how to start, didn't know how the other boy would react. "I- I didn't mean that. I'm sorry."
Water was starting to form in his eyes, and Devin did his best to hold them back. It was just so frustrating, everything about these last few weeks had been, and now he was at this party, where he didn't want to be, surrounded by crowds of people he didn't want to see, and he was taking it out on one of his best friends. "I'm really sorry, Nat. Really, really sorry. That wasn't right." He sniffed, closing his eyes hard to force back the tears that wanted to fall. Why did life have to be so hard? "I- everything's just so been so aggravating, and the world doesn't feel right anymore, and I don't know what to do," he blurted. He had to make Nat understand that Devin hadn't wanted to hurt him. Losing another person now, even if it wasn't literally, would be devastating.
"So I'm the next to get f***ing suicided?!"
The words seemed to echo through the house, or maybe it was just Devin's mind that latched onto them. Either way, Devin's head whipped up, looking away from Nat for just a moment. What was going on? Devin so badly wanted to run and see what had caused those words, his fingers twitching with the instinct to move. But his instincts had already messed up one thing, and he still needed to fix it. So he stayed put, fighting every bone in his body in order to look at Nat, his eyes pleading for forgiveness as he waited for whatever verdict the teen came to.

Ayama Ayama

Users who are viewing this thread

Back