Questions, Complaints and Suggestions

What about a Berserker Class?

firstly, this is not the place to suggest classes, there is a specific area where you can do that. Second, name alone doesn´t allow me enough information. I need to know what it would do so I can see if it is, on one hand, fair and acceptable , and on the other fundamentally different from all the other classes and their specializations

firstly, this is not the place to suggest classes, there is a specific area where you can do that. Second, name alone doesn´t allow me enough information. I need to know what it would do so I can see if it is, on one hand, fair and acceptable , and on the other fundamentally different from all the other classes and their specializations

Sorry, saw it was called suggestion. So i simply assumed

Sorry, saw it was called suggestion. So i simply assumed

yes, but here is mainly structural suggestions regarding rules, directions for the plot, suggestions about thread management, that sort of more global thing.

In the future, please refer here for suggestions of that type:

I had an @Idea for a character, but I wanna make sure it checks out:

So like he's from a barbarian tribe but moved to the city for reasons and like he kinda discovered the whole barbarian class thing and got really excited over it and tried to fit the role even though he's clumsy with a sword and a scaredy-cat

Oh yeah, he's really good at magic but has this whole "magic is for nerds" mentality and won't do it in front of anyone

I had an @Idea for a character, but I wanna make sure it checks out:

So like he's from a barbarian tribe but moved to the city for reasons and like he kinda discovered the whole barbarian class thing and got really excited over it and tried to fit the role even though he's clumsy with a sword and a scaredy-cat

Oh yeah, he's really good at magic but has this whole "magic is for nerds" mentality and won't do it in front of anyone

as explaining in the settings section, the way magic works here is that everyone gets two cards, a race card (shows up at birth) and a class card (appears at brith marked as child, but changes when one discovers their call). If your character found out their call was being a barbarian, they would have gotten the "brute" skill and the warrior class. So, up until here, it checks out. The flaw also checks out, since nothing says a warrior has to be brave or good at hitting things automatically, just that they are very strong when they do hit.

Now, the thing I do have a problem with, is the following: the warrior class uses little to no magic and even that is very very weak or simple. Your character can have a magic is for nerds attitude and try to hide his or her magic, but they wouldn´t be good at it to begin with nor ever.

as explaining in the settings section, the way magic works here is that everyone gets two cards, a race card (shows up at birth) and a class card (appears at brith marked as child, but changes when one discovers their call). If your character found out their call was being a barbarian, they would have gotten the "brute" skill and the warrior class. So, up until here, it checks out. The flaw also checks out, since nothing says a warrior has to be brave or good at hitting things automatically, just that they are very strong when they do hit.

Now, the thing I do have a problem with, is the following: the warrior class uses little to no magic and even that is very very weak or simple. Your character can have a magic is for nerds attitude and try to hide his or her magic, but they wouldn´t be good at it to begin with nor ever.

Okay... What if his class was a mage, but he decided to ignore it and made a fake card with the barbarian class on it?

Okay... What if his class was a mage, but he decided to ignore it and made a fake card with the barbarian class on it?

the card would be useless and probably so would your character, which is fine. Do keep in mind, even if your character is keeping their power hidden as a fatal flaw, that flaw is too easy to overcome (as in it´s possible to overcome in ways over which I would have no influence and thus could be threatening to plot health) so your magic will still be subject to strict limitations in power level. My suggestion would be to make an assortment of spells with a very weak power level, but in great number so they would still show profiency with magic.

@Idea question, does physical skill like "strong slash" or "strong punch" considered skill magic? it's more like technique than magic, technically the base power doesn't change but the effect is greater because of efficiency. Or do we not need to explicitly describe it in character sheet and just go with "your character become more proficient with your weapon of choice"

@Idea question, does physical skill like "strong slash" or "strong punch" considered skill magic? it's more like technique than magic, technically the base power doesn't change but the effect is greater because of efficiency. Or do we not need to explicitly describe it in character sheet and just go with "your character become more proficient with your weapon of choice"

Well, one doesn't need anything to be stronger with their class's most suited weapon , however, physical attributes don't require skill magic. They may, however, be subject to a point distribution depending on poll results.

-=-=((@Idea I have two questions. 1. If you have a picture of your appearance do you still have to write your outfit?))=-=-

-=-=((2. I have something I'd like to add, but I have no idea where I should put it. Basically whenever my character is near something she considers frightening she'll shake in fright making her accuracy lower from the fact she can't hold her bow and arrow steady while being scared (she's an archer btw), where would I put that?))=-=-

-=-=((@Idea I have two questions. 1. If you have a picture of your appearance do you still have to write your outfit?))=-=-

-=-=((2. I have something I'd like to add, but I have no idea where I should put it. Basically whenever my character is near something she considers frightening she'll shake in fright making her accuracy lower from the fact she can't hold her bow and arrow steady while being scared (she's an archer btw), where would I put that?))=-=-

1. Yes, you do.

2. You can put that in the "flaw" section of the CS. In case of doubt, you can put anything in the "other" section and then I´ll tell you to move it if it fits better somewhere else ;)  

@Idea Just to be sure, am I allowed to make up my own Chant Spells? Thanks.

yes, each and every chant spell can be made up. Of course though, they have to be approved individually, like any other part of your character.

And remember they are not that easy to learn: whichever you have now are likely to be all you have access to in the foreseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, each and every chant spell can be made up. Of course though, they have to be approved individually, like any other part of your character.

And remember they are not that easy to learn: whichever you have now are likely to be all you have access to in the foreseeable future.

Thank you!

Another question, is there a "proficient professions" list or can I sort of make up my own, as well? Am I allowed to "learn" some skills from other class specializations?

Thank you!

Another question, is there a "proficient professions" list or can I sort of make up my own, as well? Am I allowed to "learn" some skills from other class specializations?

currently, there is no list of proficient professions, so you can make up your own so long as you provide an appropriate description. Do remember that a profession will generally take up a skill magic slot, if you are any good at it.

Class specializations are, in fact, skill magic. You have a class, then you can have up to two class specializations occupying skill magic slots. You cannot learn anything from a class specialization you don´t have and you can´t learn anything from a class that isn´t your own. Like any skill magic, though, specializations can be learned with proper training or a gift , filling a previously empty skill magic slot, but can also be learned by replacing a different skill magic, but the latter process is a lot more complicated as it requires a particular chant spell from someone else, money and materials.

How, exactly, does the vampire race work? Are they born as vampires? Do they infect people? Do they have fangs? Do they drink blood? Where do they get the blood? Can they eat food? Can they drink liquids? Do they need to breathe? Can they turn into bats? Can they shapeshift at all? Can they control bats? Do they have any connection with bats? Can they influence animals? What kind of racial magic do they have? Are they undead? Do they have to have pale skin and straight black hair? Are they weak againt holy water? Holy magic? Holy objects? Sunlight? Stakes? Crosses? Fire? Silver? Drowning? Decapitation? Running water? Garlic? Are they nocturnal? Are they immortal? Do they appear in mirrors? Do they cast shadows? Can they hypnotise people? Do they sleep in coffins? Do they have enhanced strength? Speed? Agility? Intelligence? Senses? Durability? Regeneration? Do they get healed by moonlight? Can they fly? Do they have psychic powers? Do they have OCD? Anything else?

How, exactly, does the vampire race work? Are they born as vampires? Do they infect people? Do they have fangs? Do they drink blood? Where do they get the blood? Can they eat food? Can they drink liquids? Do they need to breathe? Can they turn into bats? Can they shapeshift at all? Can they control bats? Do they have any connection with bats? Can they influence animals? What kind of racial magic do they have? Are they undead? Do they have to have pale skin and straight black hair? Are they weak againt holy water? Holy magic? Holy objects? Sunlight? Stakes? Crosses? Fire? Silver? Drowning? Decapitation? Running water? Garlic? Are they nocturnal? Are they immortal? Do they appear in mirrors? Do they cast shadows? Can they hypnotise people? Do they sleep in coffins? Do they have enhanced strength? Speed? Agility? Intelligence? Senses? Durability? Regeneration? Do they get healed by moonlight? Can they fly? Do they have psychic powers? Do they have OCD? Anything else?

Wow that's a lot of questions... I'll try to answer them when I'm on my laptop again 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back