• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ɪɴqᴜɪꜱɪᴛᴏʀꜱ [2x2, Historical]

Qazi

Qāżī Saʿīd Qumī
SO: Milan, Italy, at the turn of the 15th century, ruled by the tyrant Duke Galeazzo Visconti with the aim to, perhaps, control and unite all of Lombardy, and even more. . . against the bulwarks of the Florentines and the Sardinians, and so and on. . . and to achieve his dream of the absolute, perfect hierarchy, to stand strong against that of the Papacy and the Spaniards and those of the Brittanica Isles, and to go down in the annals of history as the greatest conqueror of that time—and he has done everything to gain a foothold, to solidify his vice grip, from killing his uncle to tightening his grasp on the merchant guilds and the ebbing influence of the church, to make true his dream of a monument country, even amongst the city-states of Italy.

And which is an ambition undoubtedly fit for a king rendered slave to a divided world, an old world suffering from its death throes; but, such desires also lead to the consternation of perhaps greater men, of countries elsewhere and otherwise distinctly motivated. Enter the Inquisition of Torquemada: the brutal figure whose shadow looms over Spain, indebted to kings and queens but in some ways more powerful, and especially over the church—and who it is but the church to request from the Grand Inquisitor aid in subjugating the villainous Duke in his conquest to capture all of Italy and to gain an equal saying against the neighboring countries?

And to which Torquemada is in agreement with, thus sending a chapter of his Inquisitors to the treacherous city of Milan—a hub of traitors, heretics, thugs and rogues, the dregs and scum of the old world, proliferating with the corrupt, the ugly, the evil, swarming with slaughterers and the slaughtered, gangrenous infections of the moral kind, assassins and cloaks and daggers—, to cooperate with the church and undermine the Duke and his rule by any means necessary, to subdue his ambitions and the ambitions of his rising country. . . permanently.

AND: That should explain everything—or at the very least, most of it—, no? But conscience demands I write more, so: the roleplay is centered around the aforementioned inquisitors, but will also involve laymen of the church and even denizens of the city or the attendants and companions of the Duke, and while the plot may firstly seem dark, perhaps a bit too much, it is not necessarily so as our characters will, of course, also exhibit their natural goodness along with the dirty means to their vicious goal; that is, to say, they're humans after all, as evil as they're good, and their misbegotten deeds will catch up to them—which duly applies to that of the Duke and his men too, alongside the many other factions such as the churchmen and the florentines and merchants (who will be involved in this story too). There will be violence, trickery—wide gulfs of grey in the middle of the extremes of good and evil—, the whole cycle of bloodshed and conflict. There will be good people, and there will be bad, and there will be some between them.

I won't preach any further, rest assured, but keep in mind that it is at the end a story of court intrigue, shadows in the night, daggers on the back, and so on forth, as you will imagine the tides to be. This is, at the core, a jacobean romance: sullen, sodden war down in the muds and the murky gulches, of the highest calibre.

THUS: As far as the actual roleplaying goes, I won't ask for much. Only that you maintain the bare modicum of literacy, keep to the story (and add to it too!) and commit to it. I already have another player ( Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller ) and am looking for two more. We communicate on Discord—I'll message you the link if you're interested.

Keep in mind that this a collective group effort, quite serious in fact—but I don't mean to be uptight about it either. Have fun, relax, don't panic. Be cool.

Bumps des eviles. (Ugh, I lack the sangfroid to be hideously evil however, so beware!)

Question: Are you roleplaying on RPN and just using Discord for OOC? I'm not a huge Discord fan but I like that idea very much so.

Question: Are you roleplaying on RPN and just using Discord for OOC? I'm not a huge Discord fan but I like that idea very much so.

Discord's for the OOC. Roleplaying's on the site. Simple arrangement, innit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back