Other Punching Nazis and Other Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do "progressive leftists" remind anyone else of the pigs in Animal Farm?

The pigs: "All animals are equal. Only some animals are more equal than other animals."

Translated:

Leftists: "All people are equal, only our select minority groups are more equal than the majority and minority groups we don't like."

Aaaand, in the case of Head V. Heart, after just a dozen or so millenia of arguing, there still seems to be no clear winner. Now, let's check in with Jeff in the weather centre. Jeff, how's that warm libertarian front looking?

Do "progressive leftists" remind anyone else of the pigs in Animal Farm?

The pigs: "All animals are equal. Only some animals are more equal than other animals."

Translated:

Leftists: "All people are equal, only our select minority groups are more equal than the majority and minority groups we don't like."
When did not tolerating nazi's turn into beliving you were more equal than the majority?

When did not tolerating nazi's turn into beliving you were more equal than the majority?
Leftists tend to believe minorities should get special treatment, aka "be more equal" than the majority group in a given country. Things like affermative action, quota's for hiring x% of women and y% of "diversity" are what they're after: Free passes through life because of the colour of their skin, their gender, etc. Recently, they even spawned groups like Antifa, which to me seems to be on the same level as the KKK in its original form or violent Nazi groups. A hate group dedicated to violence against people who do not agree with their views.

It does. I just have you the example of affirmative action.
Can you maybe fix that sentence, I have no what idea mean you.

On an unrelated note, affirmative action is an order demanding that skin colour, religion, and gender not be considered factors in hiring practices. The term has been repurposed by Republicans to scare white men.

EDIT:Oh, GAVE, you meant gave instead of have. So no, you wrong. Look up the original wording of the act in the 60s.

Last edited:
It went from punching Nazis to discrimination, what will be next the unicorn rebellion of 86 or the squirrel revolution of 1901?

Can you maybe fix that sentence, I have no what idea mean you.

On an unrelated note, affirmative action is an order demanding that skin colour, religion, and gender not be considered factors in hiring practices. The term has been repurposed by Republicans to scare white men.
I meant to say "I gave you the example of affirmative action."

And affermative action has pretty much put quotas in place to make workspaces and colleges more diverse in appearance.

I meant to say "I gave you the example of affirmative action."

And affermative action has pretty much put quotas in place to make workspaces and colleges more diverse in appearance.

... Alright, I'm just going to quote Wikipedia on this one:

The term "affirmative action" was first used in the United States in "Executive Order No. 10925",[9] signed by President John F. Kennedy on 6 March 1961, which included a provision that government contractors "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin."[10] It was used to promote actions that achieve non-discrimination. In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order 11246 which required government employers to take "affirmative action" to "hire without regard to race, religion and national origin". This prevented employers from discriminating against members of disadvantaged groups. In 1967, gender was added to the anti-discrimination list.[11]

... And now I have to run off to my job ...

... Alright, I'm just going to quote Wikipedia on this one:

... And now I have to run off to my job ...
That's what affermative action was to begin with. Not what it is now. It also had racist intentions, considering Lyndon B. Johnson was one of our most racist presidents.

Antifa is not a new thing. There have been antifa groups for about as long as there have been fascist groups. Antifa is a defensive response to an inherently violent ideology that calls for the oppression and extermination of those deemed 'inferior' or 'degenerate'. You may not agree with their tactics but they're hardly comparable to the KKK or Nazi groups, especially considering they often oppose the latter.

Fascist ideologies are not a simple difference of opinion and shouldn't be tolerated as such. By publicly debating with those who hold such ideologies you often help normalize and spread them, further endangering those that said ideologies target. If 'debate' and 'good ideas' solved as much as some people claimed they did, things would be a lot different in the world today. Is there a time or place for these tactics? Perhaps, but they shouldn't be the only tool in ones' arsenal or treated as the default.

I've studied affirmative action under American civil rights for college history. The point of affirmative action (which is also known as positive discrimination, by the way) is to incorporate a greater number of people who are associated with groups that faced racial or gender discrimination in the States into the workplace, especially federal offices. It's quite ironic if you think about it. Getting rid of a concept of hiring people based on race and gender by introducing a concept of hiring people based on race and gender. Brainlit genius.

Last edited:
Antifa is not a new thing. There have been antifa groups for about as long as there have been fascist groups. Antifa is a defensive response to an inherently violent ideology that calls for the oppression and extermination of those deemed 'inferior' or 'degenerate'. You may not agree with their tactics but they're hardly comparable to the KKK or Nazi groups, especially considering they often oppose the latter.

Fascist ideologies are not a simple difference of opinion and shouldn't be tolerated as such. By publicly debating with those who hold such ideologies you often help normalize and spread them, further endangering those that said ideologies target. If 'debate' and 'good ideas' solved as much as some people claimed they did, things would be a lot different in the world today. Is there a time or place for these tactics? Perhaps, but they shouldn't be the only tool in ones' arsenal or treated as the default.
Using tactics that fascists use to stop fascism doesn't mean your organization is good. Antifa wants to silence Nazi's and the KKK. I don't like Nazi's or the KKK, but I don't want to silence them. They are already a minority, and the butt of jokes.

Also, have you ever heard of Daryl Davis? He's helped plenty of members leave the KKK by just being nice to them.

I've studied affirmative action under American civil rights for college history. The point of affirmative action (which is also known as positive discrimination, by the way) is to incorporate a greater number of people who are associated with groups that faced racial or gender discrimination in the States into workplaces, especially federal offices. It's quite ironic if you think about it. Getting rid of a concept of hiring people based on race and gender by introducing a concept of hiring people based on race and gender. Brainlit genius.
It's not discrimination if it's against the right people!

Tell me that everything this man says is evil fascism.

Everyone has a right to speak. No one has the right to punch someone for talking their mind. Everyone has the right to ignore what is said.

Simple. Efficient. Done.

People are allowed to advocate Nazism That's fine, as long as they aren't hurting anyone it is good. Just like your allowed to advocate communism.

HOWEVER! A big but coming up.

Your ideas are never allowed to not be scrutinized. Everyone who listens to anyone has a right to ignore YOU and ignore are what you have to say or debate you. and the burden of proof is important here, shifting it is not a good thing.

Also about affirmative action, it is a stupid concept, racist or not within a capitalist society. As it tilts the free market off it's axis.

There's my peice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back